Mafia 107 - Christmas Time Mafia (Game over)

RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Mod: I am out of town for a while as of this afternoon but I shall hopefully have access in 24 hours time.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

diddin wrote:Well, if you are so hell-bent on lynching me, go ahead, and enjoy your townie lynch.
diddin wrote:I don't really know what to think of Dragons, I think he needs to post more, he hasn't done anything EXTREMELY scummy to me.
diddin wrote:Of course DoS has done scummy things. Everybody does something scummy occasionally. But I thought your 874 didn't have enough arguments to lock him in as scum for me.
Well, these plus the fact that the Raven lynch isn't taking off...

Unvote

Vote: diddin
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by Parama »

DedicatedScribe wrote:ah. 40 pages QQ.

I need to look at threads b4 subbing into them.

Don't mind me, i'll be re-reading.
You have dedicated in your username, so I have high expectations - you better remain dedicated to this game or else! :P
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Bogre »

Parama wrote: Question to diddin and DoS: If the other was to get to L-1, would you be willing to hammer?
If yes: You
must
follow through on this if you are willing. If diddin gets to L-1, then DoS MUST be the one to hammer him, and vice-versa. I want the other players to make sure of this. If you promise and then don't deliver, do not be surprised when you get lynched that same day or the next day.
I don't think that directing the hammer is a good thing.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by Parama »

I realize it's a pretty odd thing to ask for and it may amount to nothing but it could give the town some information and/or confirm/remove my suspicions of the two. Meh. I don't really see why not at this point.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by Bogre »

Parama wrote:I realize it's a pretty odd thing to ask for and it may amount to nothing but it could give the town some information and/or confirm/remove my suspicions of the two. Meh. I don't really see why not at this point.
Not really, and it would allow scum to escape explaining themselves if they hammered.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by Parama »

Bogre wrote:
Parama wrote:I realize it's a pretty odd thing to ask for and it may amount to nothing but it could give the town some information and/or confirm/remove my suspicions of the two. Meh. I don't really see why not at this point.
Not really, and it would allow scum to escape explaining themselves if they hammered.
Oh shoot, I somehow didn't think of that. Wow, I'm an idiot x_x
So yeah never mind that. The question is still valid but without the forced hammer please.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by Fugitive »

diddin is at L-2, right?
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:54 am

Post by Tarballs »

19th Vote Count of Day 1

9 - diddin
(Fugitive, curiouskarmadog, Flareonage, Nicodemus, RichardGHP, NavyCherub, TheLonging, pman5595, InflatablePie)
3 - DragonsofSummer
(Parama, sorasgoof, ready2rock)
2 - NavyCherub
(DizzyIzzyB13, Konowa)
1 - sorasgoof
(DragonsofSummer)
1 - pman5595
(Bogre)
1 - Nicodemus
(diddin)

3 - Not voting
(DedicatedScribe, CCARaven4, CryMeARiver)

With 20 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch.
Deadline for this day is January 21st, 2010.

Prodding ready2rock and DizzyIzzyB13.
DedicatedScribe
DedicatedScribe
Goon
DedicatedScribe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:40 am

Post by DedicatedScribe »

diddin wrote:Well, if you are so hell-bent on lynching me, go ahead, and enjoy your townie lynch.
his only defense..? To this:
*sigh*
Doing a diddin ISO read, not going into as much detail as the DoS one.
95 - First real post, jumps on the established TL bandwagon and FoS the other potential wagon. Bandwagon-ish post, especially for being his first post in the thread.
Plus, he admits his vote is OMGUS and votes specifically for the reason that TL voted him... in RVS. Wow. Man, can't believe I didn't see this earlier.
191 - After not saying anything for nearly 100 posts, shows up again to jump off the crumbling TL wagon. FoSes pman, but likely withholds vote because there's no established wagon on him yet, trying to avoid appearing scummy.
225 - Terrible No Lynch vote, which is always a bad idea. Intent to not form an opinion, basically. Trying to stay off scumdars by not posting much and not forming an opinion.
232 - Quickly removes No Lynch vote after being called out for it. All he's trying to do is remain out of the center of attention, and that's pretty scummy if you ask me. It's different from lurking; he's participating but not adding anything, and trying to be ignored.
236 - Response to Pie to defend his unvote; WIFOM argument that I find incredibly weak.
243 - Lots of suspicions, but then he doesn't FoS or vote any of them? Plus a lot of his reasons are iffy.
255 - Possible Nvay-diddin scumlink, defending Nvay for no apparent reason. Does not want to speculate; I don't remember if he does take part in the speculation or not but I'll be looking for the easy contradictions.
264 - Again, taking a stance on Richard and calling him really scummy but then refusing to vote for him. Passive play is never a good idea.
315 - Finally decides to vote, but AFTER the claim. Putting off this vote for so long only ended up hurting diddin in the end, I do not like his hesitancy to vote Richard or the timing of the vote.
423 - Yep, next post is over 100 posts later. I honestly can't understand what he's trying to say here; the grammar is all screwed up. Starts out by mention DoS but never mentions him again in the post, instead goes back to focusing on Richard.
I also realize that at this point diddin has done absolutely no scumhunting of note :/ Man, I must've missed a lot of his posts, this guy is pretty scummy...
CONTINUING ON...
471 - still focusing on Richard, though the wagon is dead at this point... and still focused only on the roleclaim. Diddin's just tunneling here, really, not much to be said on the matter.
489 - Hey look, diddin's jumping on the nearest bandwagon. Also, his argument can apply to himself, as well - a lot of the people in this game are newbies, diddin being no exception. We had to pressure the mod into allowing the SH-mafia players into this game.
494 - Trying to cover his tracks - "Hey guys, I said something earlier but this is what I really meant, I'm not scum!"
495 - What a hypocrite. See above responses to diddin-posts.
555 - Responses to each point:
1. Had already been covered earlier in the thread
2. Again, hypocrisy at its finest. Diddin was the one waiting on a wagon.
3. Meh, don't care about this one, kind of a silly reason
4. Just like what you're doing? Oh boy!
650 - Okay, back to Richard again. Except, states that he's not going to vote for him today. Questions for diddin: What makes you see a Richard-soras scum pairing? What do you find scummy about each of them individually? You haven't really said much on the matter.
659 - This could be a valid point, but ckd brings up a good point - Richard and soras are really bussing each other a lot, more than I'd think scum are safe doing.
730 - Top 3 suspicions: 1. Current Wagon, 2. Noobclaimer/Past Wagon, 3. The Lurker.
Hmm, and diddin still seems to be focused on Richard's roleclaim more than anything else. I think the claim is making him really paranoid.
788 - Town lists, which are at the same time scummy as well as giving the mafia information they can use to decide NKs. BAD. I thought we were past the town lists at this point. And the reasons for Pie and CMAR are pretty thin.
851 - Crumbling wagon leads to unvote... back to a Richard-Soras scumlink... more on why CMAR is town... yet ABSOLUTELY NOTHING NEW OR RELEVANT. Hmm.
902 - aka, he's going to wait for a wagon, and jump on it if one does form. UGH. Stop it. Stop it now diddin. If you are scum, your play is just atrocious. If you are town, it's even more atrocious.
903 - Be right back after I'm done ROFLing. Oh my God diddin, what the hell were you thinking?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ZOMG HAHAHAH LOLOLOL HAHAH ROFLMAO HAHAHAHAHAHH bghvy gbvhty hjnub junkik mij

This is the funniest post ever. I nominate it for failure of the year.
Why do I find this hilarious? He just contradicted his own play throughout the game, RIGHT BELOW one such example of play similar to what he's calling people out for.
923 - Richard misrep. WHEEEEEEEEEEE
963 - I think we should keep diddin alive just for comedic purposes. This is just hilarious now xD. Nice obvious OMGUS there.
967 - Not a very senseless wagon IMO. Nicocenter's specific reason is bad but he's got good reasons to lynch you outline earlier.
969 - And let's ignore the fact that Nico gave plenty of reasons, shall we?

So yeah diddin's actually pretty obvscum. Regardless of this, I'm staying with DoS.
But...
@DragonsofSummer and diddin: Thoughts on each other?
Yeah...

unvote whoever I was voting for; vote Didden

I kinda decided that since my attention span doesn't work that way, instead of reading 40 pages in sequential order, I'll be reading each player's posts separately, checking their metagames, and backwards reading.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:41 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Mod: I will be V/LA until 1/18 or 1/19
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:59 am

Post by Parama »

Hmm, that's L-1.
I still want a response from DoS on the question of whether or not he'd be willing to hammer diddin. I'll do it later today if he doesn't get around to answering; diddin would make a good lynch and get us some info on the scum. Plus, if he flips scum, then I'm calling a DoS-diddin scumteam.
As well, if DoS is scum, then I highly doubt we have 4 scum, since it's likely his assumption is an attempt to confuse us.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:25 am

Post by sorasgoof »

I'd like to hear a final statement from diddin. A
real
defense, this time.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:27 am

Post by sorasgoof »

Parama wrote:diddin would make a good lynch and get us some info on the scum.
I'm curious, what do you think we'll learn from his lynch? I'm not doubting you, I just want to know what you think.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:39 am

Post by Parama »

Usually, lynches give the town a greater perspective, especially if the player is scum. The player's suspicions of others, those who suspected the player, and those who could be possible scumbuddies for the player are all information we can get from the lynch.
If scum is lynched, then a lot of their suspicions are likely pro-town players, and it can take away from suspicion placed on others.
If town is lynched, then some of the players who were pushing the player's lynch most will likely fall under the eye of suspicion - they were pretty determined to lynch a townie, y'know, and nothing anyone said could change their minds.
And of course once a scum is lynched and flipped, then it's time to scour the thread looking for scumlinks between them and other players. My DoS-diddin scumlink theory is one such link, and I could probably find more possible links looking back over diddin's posts and what others said about him.
Anyways, diddin has a lot of both possibilities open after his lynch - a few players pushing extra hard on his lynch that I'll be looking over if he flips town, several players diddin fins suspicious but then doesn't give reasons for his suspicion, and I know I've already found a possible scumlink.
Plus, DoS pushing for diddin's lynch often albeit with little reasoning while not actually being on the wagon himself is rather scummy in my eyes...
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:05 am

Post by Fugitive »

I've tried posting twice now and I keep getting a fatal error from MS... Let's try one more time.

This post was supposed to be right after the post I'm quoting...
Parama wrote:Hmm, that's L-1.
I still want a response from DoS on the question of whether or not he'd be willing to hammer diddin. I'll do it later today if he doesn't get around to answering; diddin would make a good lynch and get us some info on the scum. Plus, if he flips scum, then I'm calling a DoS-diddin scumteam.
As well, if DoS is scum, then I highly doubt we have 4 scum, since it's likely his assumption is an attempt to confuse us.
Here's that assumption again that there are 4 scum. You know who else made that assumption? DoS.

Parama is a very aggressive player, he strikes me as someone who might try something like I'm about to detail. Let's say he finds DoS to be the weakest of his scum buddies. He leads a lynch on DoS to essentially clear his name. I mean, look how hard he's tunneling DoS. I think if DoS flips scum, it's very likely Parama has knowledge others don't.

On top of moves like him trying to get people to hammer each other.

I continued to have my FoS on him, but I want to reiterate that it's stronger now.
FoS: Parama

Lastly. Time for a diddin claim, right?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:00 am

Post by Parama »

Fugitive wrote:I've tried posting twice now and I keep getting a fatal error from MS... Let's try one more time.

This post was supposed to be right after the post I'm quoting...
Parama wrote:Hmm, that's L-1.
Here's that assumption again that there are 4 scum. You know who else made that assumption? DoS.

Parama is a very aggressive player, he strikes me as someone who might try something like I'm about to detail. Let's say he finds DoS to be the weakest of his scum buddies. He leads a lynch on DoS to essentially clear his name. I mean, look how hard he's tunneling DoS. I think if DoS flips scum, it's very likely Parama has knowledge others don't.
Sorry, but that's a giant misrep. I'm not saying that DoS's assumption is true; just the opposite. If DoS flips scum, which is unlikely, I'm saying that his "assumption" that we have 4 scum is likely attempting to misdirect the town and confuse them as to the number of scum. It's not me saying that I'm assuming his assumption is correct; rather, the opposite is likely true if DoS flips scum, and still not necessarily true if DoS does flip town.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

Parama wrote: You are scum, DragonsofSummer...
In the incredibly unlikely event that he isn't scum
, he's still the most anti-town player by far.
Parama wrote: If DoS flips scum, which is unlikely...
Wait, so you don't think DoS is scum? I'm seriously confused know. In the first post I quoted, you said that he is definitely scum. Now you're saying it's "unlikely" that he'll flip scum. You've got some 'splanin' to do.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by Parama »

sorasgoof wrote:
Parama wrote: You are scum, DragonsofSummer...
In the incredibly unlikely event that he isn't scum
, he's still the most anti-town player by far.
Parama wrote: If DoS flips scum, which is unlikely...
Wait, so you don't think DoS is scum? I'm seriously confused know. In the first post I quoted, you said that he is definitely scum. Now you're saying it's "unlikely" that he'll flip scum. You've got some 'splanin' to do.
Attribute that to my terrible typing skills :oops:
Nothing has changed in my read on DoS. I either meant to say "which isn't unlikely" or "which is likely" when I was typing that up. Probably the former. I still believe DoS is scum, and with good reason.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by diddin »

I know I'm going to get hammered, so go ahead and do it. When I flip town, you guys'll hopefully learn more about who's scum. I give up, I'll take one for the town.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by Parama »

Well... okay then. No defense, then. You're just not going to try to defend your actions? Then you have done nothing to change my read of you, and I have no choice but to
unvote, vote: diddin
Here's hoping we hit scum (which seems likely). DragonsofSummer tomorrow, guys?
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by Parama »

/random mode activate
DedicatedScribe, if you didn't already know this, you can find the "quote" button at the top right of every post. The way your quotes look I can only assume a direct copy+paste.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by diddin »

Well, I was a vanilla townie. Have fun day 2.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Fugitive »

Hammer before the claim? C'mon Parama. I'm don't think I'd mind a Parama lynch day 2 unless something new comes to light.

Don't give me the "His defense sucked so I just hammered" stuff either. If prompted he could have at least claimed. Not liking the hammer at all.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Hammer time
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”