Mini 897 - OpenSource Mafia - Game over!!

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Phate »

The difference here is you had a halfway decent case against you. It wasn't a Wall banger such as "OMG! OUT OF THE FOUR CLAIMS, YOU AREN'T AN OS!", which, is, effectively, a flavor argument. Still, I'd have gone with it had SB's role had mentioned OS'.
Really? Funny, I don't remember. Care to outline it for me?
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:55 am

Post by Iecerint »

Faraday, you're ignoring your predecessor's actions. That isn't the entire case against you.

Phate, the gameplay side of the case against you is that Vala was pretty innocuous and you requested massclaim and wanted to lynch Faraday (though that last isn't quite as sketchy now that we know you had reason to find Cop claims a priori suspicious).
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:01 am

Post by SlySly »

Iecerint wrote:Right; I understand that they promote that image. I'm trying to get an idea of the typical perception by, say, the sort of person who would make OpenSource Mafia, though.
A little insight to my thoughts on Google...

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... ystem.html
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am

Post by Iecerint »

K. Mr. Mod <3s Google a lot and posts something about them mentioning use of the Linux kernel with Chrome.

A bad linux is better than a good winblows. If Crapple wasn't to hardware and application development what Microsuck is to software, Mac wouldn't be so bad. I despise a Mac keyboard though, the trash is a good place for one!!

We should remember that Faraday's role is actually (as far as I can tell) a proper noun or something . I should note that while my PM doesn't indicate a specific name (i.e. I'm defined relative to my association with GNU and am not mentioned by name), I get the impression that it is based on a specific individual. So I kinda see Faraday's as potentially analogous to mine, except that I'm associated with a free software operating system and he's associated with a free software-friendly company. Since we also have from SB and Phate that there's no explicit evidence that OS is a game mechanic, I think Faraday's claim is fine on flavor/mechanics grounds.

I am sympathetic to people who weren't crazy about JL, though, or who find the asymmetry of his Cop role unsettling.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Phate wrote:It's interesting to watch how Faraday panics as he approaches a lynch. It doesn't feel like someone who believes they win with the town.
But some people flail when they're town, and there's going to be a mislynch on them. I don't see much in this, though I see how the fact that he claimed to be from Google is scummy.
Glork wrote:I'm not really sure what to say about Faraday, since he seems to be sticking to his Google claim, which doesn't fit in with any of this. I have three theories on this.
1) We really
are
all protown, and the OS thing is all one giant red herring. This actually sounds pretty plausible. If that's the case, Google doesn't fit in with the innocents, Faraday is some kind of Mafia OS Cop, and we need to lynch him.
2) Each OS is a cult whose members were led to believe they were protown. Google et al are genuine OS-less townies, and they're going to be victimized or converted.
3) Each OS is a cult whose members were led to believe they were protown, there's a mafia (which includes FaradayGoogle), and there's not actually a real town.
(Off-Record and out-of-game, I am partial to option 1, because I think it would be by far the most creative form of bastardity. And yes, I just made that a word.)
I think that the first makes the most sense, especially in light of Iec's GNU claim.
SB wrote:Unvote, vote: Faraday

Good points on the Google thing. Also, we can't forget previous acts done by JL.

Also, if you notice, there has been 4 OS claimed (Linux, WinBlows, crApple and DOS), not three, which weighs in more. Google just don't fit it.
That vote seemed pretty quick putting him at L-2 without much of your own reasoning.
Faraday wrote:It's a Bastard game. Things happen.
One thought, building on Glork's second theory: We are all cult (etc, etc...), and Faraday is some sort of survivor.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Phate wrote:It's interesting to watch how Faraday panics as he approaches a lynch. It doesn't feel like someone who believes they win with the town.
But some people flail when they're town, and there's going to be a mislynch on them. I don't see much in this, though I see how the fact that he claimed to be from Google is scummy.
Glork wrote:I'm not really sure what to say about Faraday, since he seems to be sticking to his Google claim, which doesn't fit in with any of this. I have three theories on this.
1) We really
are
all protown, and the OS thing is all one giant red herring. This actually sounds pretty plausible. If that's the case, Google doesn't fit in with the innocents, Faraday is some kind of Mafia OS Cop, and we need to lynch him.
2) Each OS is a cult whose members were led to believe they were protown. Google et al are genuine OS-less townies, and they're going to be victimized or converted.
3) Each OS is a cult whose members were led to believe they were protown, there's a mafia (which includes FaradayGoogle), and there's not actually a real town.
(Off-Record and out-of-game, I am partial to option 1, because I think it would be by far the most creative form of bastardity. And yes, I just made that a word.)
I think that the first makes the most sense, especially in light of Iec's GNU claim.
SB wrote:Unvote, vote: Faraday

Good points on the Google thing. Also, we can't forget previous acts done by JL.

Also, if you notice, there has been 4 OS claimed (Linux, WinBlows, crApple and DOS), not three, which weighs in more. Google just don't fit it.
That vote seemed pretty quick putting him at L-2 without much of your own reasoning.
Faraday wrote:It's a Bastard game. Things happen.
One thought, building on Glork's second theory: We are all cult (etc, etc...), and Faraday is some sort of survivor.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Unintentional double-post.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by Phate »

So the case against me is

1) Vala flaked.
2) I wanted a massclaim.
Explained by my role.
3) I reacted oddly to Faraday's claim.
Explained by my role.

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by Glork »

I still like the idea of "OSes are just a red herring." But that's just me. *shrug*
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

Phate wrote:
The difference here is you had a halfway decent case against you. It wasn't a Wall banger such as "OMG! OUT OF THE FOUR CLAIMS, YOU AREN'T AN OS!", which, is, effectively, a flavor argument. Still, I'd have gone with it had SB's role had mentioned OS'.
Really? Funny, I don't remember. Care to outline it for me?
It's in one of my posts. I'm sure you can find it.
Iec wrote: Faraday, you're ignoring your predecessor's actions. That isn't the entire case against you.

Phate, the gameplay side of the case against you is that Vala was pretty innocuous and you requested massclaim and wanted to lynch Faraday (though that last isn't quite as sketchy now that we know you had reason to find Cop claims a priori suspicious).
This is a fair point. I forgot Faraday was Lymon..

Phate wrote:
1) Vala flaked.
2) I wanted a massclaim. Explained by my role.
3) I reacted oddly to Faraday's claim. Explained by my role.
Except your role doesn't justify massclaim. Especially with S_b's out there.

As for Vala "flaked", more like, him AND YOU
did not post anything of substance
until you were FINALLY called out on it. I don't see this as pro town.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Glork wrote:I still like the idea of "OSes are just a red herring." But that's just me. *shrug*
Recent events have made me think this as well.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Phate »

UncertainKitten wrote:
Except your role doesn't justify massclaim. Especially with S_b's out there.

As for Vala "flaked", more like, him AND YOU
did not post anything of substance
until you were FINALLY called out on it.
Italicized is not worth responding to. As for not posting anything of substance, A) you're wrong, B) what relevant posting have you made during the time that I was semi-absent? All I remember is 'gotta catch up, will read later', and C) if you'll look in my profile at my recent posts, you'll see I behaved similarly in the other game I was in. This was due to RL circumstances.

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:21 pm

Phate wrote:
Italicized is not worth responding to. As for not posting anything of substance, A) you're wrong, B) what relevant posting have you made during the time that I was semi-absent? All I remember is 'gotta catch up, will read later', and C) if you'll look in my profile at my recent posts, you'll see I behaved similarly in the other game I was in. This was due to RL circumstances.
Actually, what I said was that I'll catch up for the day I missed, which I mostly did, though did miss your claim since it was kinda nested in a wall of text.

At any rate, I do believe I've produced far more content than you and Vala combined, and I'll stick by that. I might check your postings later but honestly the "I'll just post something else to make myself look active" sarcastic confession (I already linked the trope) makes things rather terrible.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

@Pom: It seems you are deliberately ignoring the fact that Faraday is JL's replacement. So no, I'm not just jumping in without much reasons. I'm returning to the wagon as it is still appealing. Even more with the Google claim.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by Phate »

honestly the "I'll just post something else to make myself look active" sarcastic confession (I already linked the trope) makes things rather terrible.
I was pointing out that the entirety of the last two pages had been fluff. Read the post again.

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 pm

Post by Glork »

Phate wrote:
honestly the "I'll just post something else to make myself look active" sarcastic confession (I already linked the trope) makes things rather terrible.
I was pointing out that the entirety of the last two pages had been fluff. Read the post again.
I completely disagree with this. I think that figuring out where we stand re: setup is
VITAL
to being successful in this particular game. It has a very direct and immensely significant impact on where our lynching priorities lie.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:07 am

Post by Faraday »

Iecerint wrote:Faraday, you're ignoring your predecessor's actions. That isn't the entire case against you.
not rly a lot i can do about that. + the fact they weren't even mentioned as reasons makes me think that it was the claim they were voting me for.

Snow_bunny wrote:@Pom: It seems you are deliberately ignoring the fact that Faraday is JL's replacement. So no, I'm not just jumping in without much reasons. I'm returning to the wagon as it is still appealing. Even more with the Google claim.
What? Why did you ever LEAVE the wagon in the first place then (I think there was a stage where I had no votes, so I assume you left). Same question at pretty much everyone else :? It's not like GOOGLE is any new information, it's been out there for quite a few pages and people decide to find it scummy now? Idk, I'm obviously biased but why wasn't it scummy when I claimed it seeing as there'd been a few people that claimed already
Glork wrote:I completely disagree with this. I think that figuring out where we stand re: setup is VITAL to being successful in this particular game. It has a very direct and immensely significant impact on where our lynching priorities lie.
This was in relation to Phate making a sarcastic post while waiting for me (or anyone) to replace in, not figuring out the set-up. I don't really buy that as a tell at all as it's stuff I'd be as likely (or more) to post in games as town.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:15 am

Post by SocioPath »

Faraday wrote:It's not like GOOGLE is any new information, it's been out there for quite a few pages and people decide to find it scummy now? Idk, I'm obviously biased but why wasn't it scummy when I claimed it seeing as there'd been a few people that claimed already
To be clear, my vote on you no longer has anything to do with the Google claim.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:04 am

Phate wrote:
Even better then. Since that just makes it...what was that earlier amusing tell that garnered so much discussion...OH YEAH! Hypocritical :P.
Faraday wrote: This was in relation to Phate making a sarcastic post while waiting for me (or anyone) to replace in, not figuring out the set-up. I don't really buy that as a tell at all as it's stuff I'd be as likely (or more) to post in games as town.
Coupled with his behavior upon replacing in, which was basically a "tunnel Josh for great justice, who cares about opinions on OTHER people", and basically just punctuating his point in every post after, not interacting with other people, that post suddenly gains new meaning.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:51 am

Post by Iecerint »

SlySly wrote:4) If a deadline is reached and a majority has not been achieved, the person with the most votes will be lynched. If two or more persons have an equal number of votes at that time, the player who reached that total first will be lynched.
It looks like we don't run a risk of NoLynch, but I'd still like to have everyone with a vote on someone come deadline.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by Faraday »

Iecerint wrote:
SlySly wrote:4) If a deadline is reached and a majority has not been achieved, the person with the most votes will be lynched. If two or more persons have an equal number of votes at that time, the player who reached that total first will be lynched.
It looks like we don't run a risk of NoLynch, but I'd still like to have everyone with a vote on someone come deadline.
Less than majority lynches are never good as far as I'm concerned, town should be able to come to a concencus given the time they have. Everyone should be at last voting by the end of the day (and now actually)

Still with an approaching deadline it's always good to be aware of this stuff :P
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:53 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Faraday wrote:Less than majority lynches are never good
This is fact.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:25 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

SocioPath wrote:
Faraday wrote:Less than majority lynches are never good
This is fact.
Agreed
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:17 am

Post by SocioPath »

SSK needs to die.

Parroting what I said, (which is essentially a more confirming parrot of someone else.) SSK's current vote is in no way, shape, or form...helpful.
Vote is on Pom, originally to create pressure, then had a back and forth with Pom.
When questioned about scummiest people, Pom wasn't even on the list. In fact, he just half-assedly through names out there. (UK for being dodgy?)
Also is 99% certain of role-based information on someone else, and yet doesn't pursue it in the least. Essentially, I originally make a case saying Vaya being scum, SSK says 'yeah Socio is right', and then moves on never thinking about it again.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:49 am

SP wrote: SSK needs to die.

Assumably this can wait til tomorrow? I see your points, just want to see what happens with the supa~! action tonight.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”