899 FABLES- THE GRIMMAFIA GAME - The End. Mod Sucks.

SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by SocioPath »

MordyS wrote:I understand, there's this theory that fake-PR's cloud the text enough to give the scum-player a way to avoid analysis. I'm skeptical of that theory however. PR's tend to draw more attention to the person, not less, and outside your DGB example, I'm not aware of many successful scum attempts to duck heat by using a fake-PR. I could maybe buy an idiot scumster trying a fake-PR because they believe it'll help, maybe. But I don't think it'll actually help.
There is also the fact that people with restrictive (fake) PRs also have a harder time expressing themselves well when it comes to scum hunting.
So a player with such, wouldn't necessarily be expected to scumhunt as intensely as someone without one.
Which means they can coast by easier just saying someone is scummy, but not need to go into depth with such, and relying on people to just trust them, because depth is harder to get into when it its hard to post in general with PRs that prohibit clear communication.

But as I said before:
SocioPath wrote:If a player is rhyming, then makes posts where they are not rhyming, and doesn't get the standard PR posting penalties, I will lynch them in a heartbeat.
There is no sense HUNTING for players faking a PR, if they are, most likely it will come out in time.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I am tentatively unimpressed with kpaca's post.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

kpaca posted?
At this point I would like to see him roasted.
His arguments are mired
by his posting patterns which leave much to be desired.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by Iecerint »

He has not posted, but he indicated he would. I suppose it's not tomorrow yet.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:12 am

Post by Iecerint »

Well. Now it's tomorrow.

I will be highly annoyed if he lurks to replacement.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Iecerint wrote:I am tentatively unimpressed with kpaca's post.
don't you feel silly now?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:47 am

Post by Iecerint »

What a boring weekend.

I'm fairly certain there's room on kpac's wagon for anyone who wants in. Unless I'm mistaken, RF and GK jumped off for Mina and ABR, respectively, and haven't come back. Doublecheck, though, because there hasn't been a VC in awhile since the Mod doesn't have access on weekends.

Prod/Replace kpaca
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:11 am

Post by Mina »

Ugh. I'm getting slight scum reads from
waaaay
too many people.

-------------

1-
Grimmy: could you please prod/replace malpascp.
Preferably replace him. He's done this every game I've seen him play, regardless of alignment. The sooner someone who will actually contribute fills his slot, the better.

-------------

2-Hey,
DragonsofSummer
!
Jazzmyn
! DoS got snippy when I FOSsed him and Jazzmyn for not contributing:
DragonsofSummer wrote:@Mina: Your fos of me for lack of content when you had up until that point posted nothing, and didn't even bother to check whether I had been posting elsewhere was what was ridiculous.
Funny that you've mentioned that. Now I've noticed that you've both been posting actively in your other games over the past few days. But for some reason, you've been ignoring this one. Could you answer the questions I've asked you here (for DoS) and here (for Jazzmyn)?

My vote is already on DragonsofSummer, but it looks like an FOS bothers him more:

FOS: DragonsofSummer and Jazzmyn

-------------

3-
MonkeyMan576
, could you answer this and this? You've posted since I asked you these questions. Did you not see them?

-------------

4-
Gerhard Krauser
, when did the rules say you have to start rhyming--beginning from the confirmation phase, or from Day One?

-------------

5-Gut impressions on the ABR-MordyS-Iecerint exchange: I like ABR's case on MordyS, particularly this:
This is a trend in your posting to date. Once processed, it's like quicksand, it doesn't give anything to hold onto, no compromising positions, nothing that would leave a trail on day 2 once we get some role reveals. You can say that I see you beating around the bush. So that's why I'm voting you.
Mordy's defence comes across as a bit nitpicky and irritable. I understand not having one's heart in a game, but Mordy is giving me the impression that he's much more interested in defending himself than in going after suspects. He informs us that he's gone after his top suspect, but other than a few halfhearted attacks on kpaca, what else has he contributed that wasn't a defence?

I'm not sure what to make of Iecerint, because I find him wishy-washy on MordyS. He keeps on both acknowledging the arguments against Mordy and weakly defending him. Don't like how he keeps on using meta (occasionally in contradictory ways) to defend Mordy. For example, what was the point in bringing up that Mordy rarely used the words "null tell" in one particular game as scum? That doesn't make Mordy any less likely to waffle on posting restrictions. Also, the huge exchange between them on posting restrictions came across to me as a load of nitpicky, obfuscating filler. I could see them as scumbuddies.

-------------

6-
RayFrost
, why do you suspect Mordy and kpaca? I don't know how you normally play, but most of your posts dealing with your actual suspicions have been one-liners that follow the crowd. I'm not saying this to be mean--just that I'd like to hear more of your own thoughts so I can read you better.

And do you still suspect me? One moment you appealed to your history with ABR to try to push a bandwagon on me, the next you've completely dropped it and gone after someone I suspect just because ABR gave the go-ahead. Not that I mind, but shouldn't you be, like, questioning me or something?
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Grimmy »

VOTE COUNT COMES FOURTH! (get it? fourth=forth....ah...what do you know from funny...now get off my lawn)

KPACA - 3

IECERINT
MONKEYMAN576
MORDYS

IECERINT - 1

SOCIOPATH

MONKEYMAN - 1

MALPASCP

MINA - 1

DRAGONSOFSUMMER

DRAGONSOFSUMMER - 1

MINA

MORDYS - 2

RAYFROST
ALBERT B. RAMPAGE

ALBERT B. RAMPAGE - 1

GERHARD KRAUSE
7 VOTES NEEDED FOR A LYNCH

PRODS WILL BE SENT OUT IMMEDIATELY TO KPACA AND MALPASCP

Grimmy
hates having to replace, so i will prod first.
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Iecerint »

Mina wrote:He keeps on both acknowledging the arguments against Mordy and weakly defending him.
I acknowledged the arguments in the abstract, but I don't think there is good evidence that only scum does it or that it is a reliable tell for Mordy. This is relevant because ABR characterized his read as gut. See also below.
Mina wrote:Don't like how he keeps on using meta (occasionally in contradictory ways) to defend Mordy. For example, what was the point in bringing up that Mordy rarely used the words "null tell" in one particular game as scum? That doesn't make Mordy any less likely to waffle on posting restrictions.
First, I checked both (all) of Mordy's scumgames on the site. I investigated Mordy's past scumplay to determine whether nullification was a scum tactic Mordy has used in the past. The result was that it was not. If Mordy is scum, this is a new tactic for him. Again, this is relevant because ABR characterized his case as gut. Meta can help to determine whether it's a playstyle quirk or a scumtell.

Why do you think I have used meta in inconsistent ways?
Mina wrote:Also, the huge exchange between them on posting restrictions came across to me as a load of nitpicky, obfuscating filler.
I dun even know what you're referring to here tbh. Post what you're referring to, please.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:40 am

Post by Grimmy »

side note:

malpascp had a note in his sig that he would be v/la this weekend. prods were already sent.

Grimmy
Show

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Gerhard Krause »

@Mina - My pm simply says my posts have to rhyme.
It did not give a starting time.

unvote, vote: kpaca
again,
useful, ABR has been.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:54 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I can hear the sounds of violins
Long before it begins
Make me thrill as only you know how
Sway me smooth, sway me now
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:33 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

@mina: Sorry, missed your question. Its ridiculous to fos someone for lack of activity when you were doing the same and then some. Also lurking isn't a scum tell its a null tell, so its ridiculous for that as well. I like how you mischaracterize my response as being overly defensive by the way.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:50 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Mina - it was totally just to see if ABR would vote with me.

No real suspicion of you :wink:

Aside from that, I haven't been giving this game as much attention as I should, if I'm going to be honest. >.>"
don't you feel silly now?
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

@Mina, it was a very busy weekend here and then my anniversary was yesterday and my beau had three dozen roses delivered to my office, then had a limo come pick me up after work to whisk me away for a night on the town that went well into the wee hours, so I'm tired tonight but I'll catch up soonish, not to worry.

Regards,
Jazz
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by MordyS »

Why were you trying to figure out whether ABR would vote with you? That sounds like a bizarre reason to vote for someone, and maybe a bit like you're covering your vote.
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:12 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

RayFrost has become very suspicious to me,
he is hiding behind his admiration of ABR too much.
He is avoiding whatever responsibility there may be,
and buddying ABR and not thinking for himself and such.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:02 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Gerhard Krause wrote:RayFrost has become very suspicious to me,
Well thats because he isn't even paying attention in the first place, according to him.

No responsibility.
No attention.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:33 am

Post by Grimmy »

Jazzmyn wrote:@Mina, it was a very busy weekend here and then my anniversary was yesterday and my beau had three dozen roses delivered to my office, then had a limo come pick me up after work to whisk me away for a night on the town that went well into the wee hours, so I'm tired tonight but I'll catch up soonish, not to worry.

Regards,
Jazz
Congrats and my applause to the beau. He did good.

Grimmy
Show

Rishi wrote:

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:00 am

Post by Iecerint »

So, it looks like kpaca hasn't responded to his prod.

Jazz, that game I alluded to earlier just ended. It's DTF's Nouns Mafia. I had incorrectly remembered that Boxman confirmed late, was wagoned early for it, lurked to replacement, and ended up scum; in actuality, he made an inane RVS post, was wagoned early for it, lurked to replacement, and ended up scum.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Gerhard Krause wrote:RayFrost has become very suspicious to me,
I have to agree with you here. I would expect RayFrost to be rather on guard around me as opposed to his apparent jolly golly demeanor concerning me.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by Mina »

A belated happy anniversary, Jazzmyn. :)

This is starting to frustrate me. Way too many people are keeping a low profile and going with the flow.

Iecerint, I owe you and Mordy answers to your questions. When I wrote that paragraph on you, ABR, and MordyS, I was mainly going off gut impressions and didn't have time to go in-depth into just which quotes in particular bugged me. To be honest, I'm still trying to untangle my thoughts on you both. I'd like to devote a huge post to thoroughly rereading that exchange sometime within the next couple of days. But I'm tired, so tonight I'll write a post that requires (*cough*) a bit less cogitation.

----
DragonsofSummer wrote:@mina: Sorry, missed your question. Its ridiculous to fos someone for lack of activity when you were doing the same and then some. Also lurking isn't a scum tell its a null tell, so its ridiculous for that as well. I like how you mischaracterize my response as being overly defensive by the way.
I'm trying and failing to restrain my inner snarky bitch right now. This is a
terrible
defence for many reasons:

1) Funny that you said, "Sorry, missed your question," and then ignored every single one of my questions. To refresh everyone's memory, here was the post I had to pressure you to answer:
Mina wrote:Your activity on-site has nothing to do with it. I singled out both you and Jazzmyn because you'd both posted in this game, after things had got serious, but mostly ignored all the serious discussion. You made an unproductive random vote long after the RVS was over, so clearly you were reading the thread, but you didn't contribute anything. People who try to stall serious discussion with fluffy posts always ring an alarm bell. But to be honest, the FOS was mainly pressure to get you two to speak up--and apparently it worked, because it got a reaction from you.

Why are you getting so overdefensive about a measly shared FOS at the end of a longish post? I mean, come on, it's a FOS. It doesn't even put you closer to a lynch. Why is it ridiculous for someone to FOS you for inactivity?

As for your two points against me, fair enough to question me for defending kpaca, but this is my playstyle. I despise buddying as a scumtell, and I'm personally more suspicious of people who halfheartedly follow popular bandwagons than people who oppose them.

Also, your opinions on kpaca and MM are very wishy-washy. Do you have a read on anyone, other than me? (If you're one of those people who's paranoid about sharing townreads because it helps scum with their NK, feel free to be vague.)
You didn't comment on my defence, or explain your suspect list. You just rehashed your old "tu quoque" (to quote Jazzmyn) argument, even though I'd already refuted it. I explained just why I singled out you and Jazzmyn. Do you believe or disbelieve my explanation?

2) I don't know what Mafia games you've been playing for the past three years, but people pressure lurkers all the time. Whether or not you think it's a scumtell (IMO, scum often stay passive and shut up when no one's looking their way), lurking is antitown. It robs the town of information and makes it easier for scum to hide. Just look at how this game is going for proof. In all fairness, I meta'd you and saw you mentioned as town that you didn't find lurking a scumtell. But by now, you should be familiar with votes to pressure quiet people to speak up--and this wasn't even a pressure vote. It was a pressure
FOS

3) Saying I mischaracterized your response as overdefensive does not make it true. Show where I "mischaracterized" your response. At the bottom of one of several longish posts, I voted for one player and casually FOSsed you and another player for lack of contribution. You reacted by calling me "ridiculous" for my FOS and voting me for something else. From my POV, that's
extremely
overdefensive and OMGUS, particularly since FOSses for inactivity are a dime a dozen.

Oh, and I usually don't put much stock in subconscious slips, but this quote supports my point:
@Mina: Your fos of
me
for lack of content when you had up until that point posted nothing, and didn't even bother to check whether
I
had been posting elsewhere was what was ridiculous.
(emphasis mine)
Notice something? I FOSsed both DoS and Jazzmyn for the same thing. Yet DragonsofSummer only cares about the fact that I targeted
him
. Says something about his priorities.

I know townies get overdefensive too, but your brand of overdefensiveness reminds me of a lazier version of this post from my other mafiascum game. When someone who is all "guys, no need to be serious, let's just chill, TEEHEE RVS FUNTIME LOL!!!11!1!!!" switches gears and becomes highly confrontational at the slightest whiff of criticism, it raises a red flag.

4) You popped up soon after I called on you--proving you've been reading the thread. But all you do is defend yourself. Apparently, you have no thoughts on anything that's happened since your disappearance. Since your vote is still on me for buddying kpaca, have any of my five zillion wall posts either confirmed or weakened your suspicions of me? What do you think of ABR's case on Mordy?

Oh, and one more thing. I've skimmed the beginning of Newbie 867, and you're usually more reasonable and rational than this when you're town. What's changed this game?

My original vote on you was mainly for a specific strategic reason, but you know what I'm thinking now? That of all the players I suspect, you're the one who'll cost us the least if we lynch you today and you flip town. That is not a good position for you to be in. Shape up or swing.
kpaca
kpaca
Townie
kpaca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:06 pm

Post by kpaca »

Chillax people, i'm here to save the day.

@Gerhard Krause: What do you know about a magic mirror? Don't lie to me either btw, I'll know.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

Mirror mirror on the wall,
who is fairest of them all?
Kpaca, for he surely is doomed to fall.

Why does he ask me about my name?
I wonder, what is his game?
Does he have a power role,
that lets see in another's soul?
Shakespeare wrote:I walked away from the mirror.
it was morning, it was afternoon, it was
night

nothing changed
it was locked in place.
something flashed, something broke, something
remained.

I walked down the stairway and
into it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”