Mafia 107 - Christmas Time Mafia (Game over)

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:53 am

Post by Parama »

DragonsofSummer wrote:All I have to say in regard to Parama is I really don't like the tunneling he has done on me all game, not just because it is on me, but because it is anti-town in general (I do not find tunneling to be a pro town action in any normal circumstance).
Where have I been tunneling you? I mentioned you early on in the game (around pages 8-10) and then didn't say anything until my ISO read post. I have been looking at your posts for a while but calling it tunneling is just a total misrep.
DragonsofSummer wrote:And his case against me is I have been active lurking, which was based off of a read of me in iso. Not a very good way to judge active lurking, and an easy way to make it look like you are doing something. Thats why he is 4th on my scum list, not the omgus he claims.
You were brought to my attention because of your active lurking, but the reason you're scum is explained in my post. It's definitely more than just active lurking. Again, total misrep.

@Nico: Sorry to tell you this, but I don't do deadline lynches. If you can give me a few good reasons why diddin is scum, I'll reconsider my vote, but lynches just for getting the sake of moving the game along are not my thing.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:54 am

Post by Parama »

EBWOP: Missed 944 <_< Will think about a diddin lynch, might look at him in ISO to see what I can find.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:59 am

Post by Tarballs »

18th Vote Count of Day 1

5 - diddin
(Fugitive, curiouskarmadog, Flareonage, Nicodemus, RichardGHP)
4 - DragonsofSummer
(Parama, TheLonging, sorasgoof, ready2rock)
2 - sorasgoof
(DragonsofSummer, pman5595)
2 - NavyCherub
(DizzyIzzyB13, Konowa)
1 - pman5595
(Bogre)
1 - CCARaven4
(InflatablePie)

5 - Not voting
(DedicatedScribe, NavyCherub, CCARaven4, CryMeARiver, diddin)

With 20 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch.
Deadline for this day is January 21st, 2010.

Prodding InflatablePie.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:43 am

Post by Konowa »

I actually have a day off!

Will have a post up in a few hours time.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
CCARaven4
CCARaven4
Townie
CCARaven4
Townie
Townie

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:20 am

Post by CCARaven4 »

I know I'm not one to being calling out lurkers, but where is Pie? We haven't heard from him in four RL days, about 5 pages of content since he last posted.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:18 am

Post by Fugitive »

CCARaven4 wrote:I know I'm not one to being calling out lurkers, but where is Pie? We haven't heard from him in four RL days, about 5 pages of content since he last posted.
Tarballs wrote:Prodding InflatablePie.[/color]
Probably just busy with RL.

Game-wise, I like my vote on diddin for reasons I posted in the vote post.

@Parama - Nico already gave his reasons for his vote. If you look at what Richard asked that will give you the reasons. No need to call him out on his vote and think that it's just for the sake of moving the game along. I even agree with him, there are less posts every day and I think everyone is losing motivation to keep going. I bet EC and Annachie replaced out of *headdesk*ing and boredom. It probably does need to move along unless we want the game to stop altogether.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:03 am

Post by NavyCherub »

It's very unlike Pie to stay inactive for this long, and I'm not quite sure what to think of that right now but I would definitely keep an eye on him. However, he hasn't shown scummy activity before this, so it isn't vote worthy. With that I will

vote diddin

as I agree with Nico and Fugitive, as well as to help move away from the apathy that seems to have spread over the town.
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:57 am

Post by pman5595 »

I will be rereading the posts and analyzing each of the suspicious people (and see if I catch anything else suspicious) sometime tonight. Expect content on diddin, DoS, and soras for sure, and CCARaven and NavyCherub possibly. Vote change is possible. Have to go now though.
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:10 am

Post by InflatablePie »

I'm here. Between real life and two other games offsite, I've neglected this one. Didn't think it was that long since I've posted.

Not sure what to make of the whole DoS thing yet. I'll try to get an actual content post in by tonight.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:27 am

Post by Konowa »

I disagree with a DoS lynch.

After a re-read, the lynches I would support are: r2r, Navy, Raven*, and diddin. I agree with reasons already presented for Raven and diddin. If you wish for me to present reasoning in my own words, I will. Navy is mainly a strong gut feeling as I still do not like the fact that there has been zero discussion regarding Dizzy's vote of Navy, but Parama's vote of DoS has taken off. Reasoning for r2r is below:

- Voting chart is scummy busy work
-(iso post 16) Waffles on me; says it could be a town move, but it could be a scum move too. If you thought I was scum for suggesting this [everyone vote who they thought was scum] why no comment on it at the time and why did you follow my suggestion?
r2r, iso post 25 wrote:His claim:
This solidified it for me for 2 reasons:
1. You didn't back this up with any evidence as to why we should believe you, like a softclaim in your earlier posts (look it up if you don't know what it is).

2. Where is your promised defense of yourself about why you are town?

I am forced to conclude that you strove to pick out the most powerful town role you could find so that people will be reluctant to vote for you. I will not be so reluctant and I will
vote: RichardGHP
until you give a proper defense of yourself.

To other people who have been on the site longer than I have: How common is a Jack of all Trades in a normal game like this?
-Quoted this because there are a few things I do find scummy. First, reasons given for voting Richard are thin. The first reason listed is horrible; you are voting him because he did not softclaim, thus it is not believable? Second reason listed has nothing to do with his claim. Then the whole "vote till you defend yourself" stance is scummy. This is nothing but scum voting for someone while leaving a backdoor out at the same time. Asking about how common joat's are furthers this point in my view. The entire post looks very thin and stretched in an attempt to look town.
- Hesitation to vote DoS is making me twitch. I am really having trouble believing that you were being careful (no caution shown with earlier votes). To me it is more likely that you were waiting to see if the wagon actual gathered any momentum.

*Note: If r2r flips scum, I almost certain that Raven is scum with him for his chainsaw against ckd. Read iso post 8 for reference.

I am keeping my vote on Navy for the time being. I will consolidate my vote onto one of the other three if needed though.

Side note: Belgian called, they want their waffles back.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

I would like to hear from DedicatedScribe. Anybody agree?
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by TheLonging »

RichardGHP wrote:I would like to hear from DedicatedScribe. Anybody agree?
No, because he/she needs time to read over the thread and post his/her thoughts. Give it time man.

Also I'm using my mom's laptop for 30 min. a day at the end of the day, so I'll respond to anything then.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

TheLonging wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:I would like to hear from DedicatedScribe. Anybody agree?
No, because he/she needs time to read over the thread and post his/her thoughts. Give it time man.
He/she officially replaced in yesterday morning, it is now a little after lunch the following day (my time), I wuold hope he/she has something to say by now but I'm willing to give it another day or two.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by diddin »

Whoa what? I'm gone for a day and someone promotes a wagon on me all you guys decide to just jump on? REALLY pro-town guys.

Vote: Nicodemus,
for jumping out of nowhere and saying "hey, let's start a wagon to get the day done!"
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

No real content yet, because a game I'm in is ~4 hours to deadline and I'm a bit preoccupied (sorry), but I never posted the lynches I'd support, did I?

CCARaven
diddin
TheLonging

Raven is mostly gut, I had a post on him a bit back (somewhere around the 8th or 9th?), and not that I think TL is 100% scum, but his hesitance to vote TL because he claimed Vanilla is odd to me.

diddin, I've had my vote on him at a point, unvoted him because he got in here and started contributing more... but he's still suspicious. I don't know if there was any other reason I had for unvoting him, and I'd support this lynch if the Raven one doesn't take off.

TheLonging, eh, is mostly gut. Don't fully believe Vanilla, his attitude changed once he fell out of the voting spotlight... can't remember anything concrete, though.

Richard's still scummy, but we aren't lynching him yet, obviously...

I can't wait to hear from the new guy.

DoS telling people to lynch him is tempting... but I'm not feeling the wagon as much as everyone else.

I am getting a bit tired, though, I will admit, since I'm used to 48-hour days and this day has lasted forever in comparison. ehhh. =/
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by Parama »

Yeah, play on this site is pretty slow. I prefer it that way though, it makes it easier to play many games at once, plus it allows for more information to be passed around. I mean, on SH, there was no deadline but the frantic pace of the game caused a lto of mislynches :/
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

diddin wrote:Whoa what? I'm gone for a day and someone promotes a wagon on me all you guys decide to just jump on? REALLY pro-town guys.
Your play is anti-town, as pointed out by Nicodemus, so logically it is pro-town to lynch you. Also, by my count there are only three votes on you because of Nico's post (as of 964 in case I'm ninja'd) so saying that all of us decided to jump on your wagon is exaggerating. Also, way to defend yourself when you're at L-3 (by my count).
diddin wrote:
Vote: Nicodemus,
for jumping out of nowhere and saying "hey, let's start a wagon to get the day done!"
Woah woah woah, just hold on a minute. Please, please don't tell me I'm the only one who finds this to be an OMGUS. Nice way to defend yourself diddin, I wish I could vote you twice now.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by diddin »

Nicodemus wrote:OK, fuck it, I want this game to MOVE

Vote: diddin

Parama, Richard, TL, soras, DoS, pman, Bogre, r2r, Dizzy, Konowa, Pie, Annachie, Navy, CCARaven, CMAR, and yes, even diddin, you're all invited to hop aboard ASAP. Come one, come all, let's lynch the scum and move forward with this damn game!
I'm not suspicious of him because of a few people on the wagon, I'm suspicious of him for promoting a senseless wagon disguised as scumhunting. I know people have disagreed with me before, but instead of saying anyone who has found me anti-town to vote, he tells EVERYONE to vote for me.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

diddin wrote:

Parama, Richard, TL, soras, DoS, pman, Bogre, r2r, Dizzy, Konowa, Pie, Annachie, Navy, CCARaven, CMAR, and yes, even diddin, you're all invited to hop aboard ASAP. Come one, come all, let's lynch the scum and move forward with this damn game!
I'm not suspicious of him because of a few people on the wagon, I'm suspicious of him for promoting a senseless wagon disguised as scumhunting. I know people have disagreed with me before, but instead of saying anyone who has found me anti-town to vote, he tells EVERYONE to vote for me.
Explain to me why the wagon is senseless.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by diddin »

RichardGHP wrote:
diddin wrote:

Because there's a difference between giving a reason for people to wagon and just telling people to do it.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

diddin wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:
diddin wrote:

Because there's a difference between giving a reason for people to wagon and just telling people to do it.
Nicodemus wrote:diddin has been playing very scummily from the start of this game, bandwaggoning frequently, offering little-to-no original thought on anything, posting bad cases and inadequate defenses, and generally playing a game which favors scum more than town. I'm tired of this day, I'm tired of the endless speculation (be it night actions, power roles, etc.) and I'm ready to lynch the scummiest person and move on to D2. I have all the information that I'm going to get out of today, and frankly I'm not going to change my opinions much until I get some more concrete evidence. diddin is my vote, and he will be my vote until the end of the day barring a straight-up confession from another mafia member.
There you go. I'll admit, there's not a lot in there but all of what he's saying is valid.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by Fugitive »

Parama wrote:Yeah, play on this site is pretty slow. I prefer it that way though, it makes it easier to play many games at once, plus it allows for more information to be passed around. I mean, on SH, there was no deadline but the frantic pace of the game caused a lto of mislynches :/
There you go again with the other game. The nostalgia needs to stop. At this point in the game we need to remember that it's only Day 1. A mislynch will not kill the town. This endless speculation is not getting us closer to a scum lynch.

"Person A did this - that's scummy"

"Well Person B did this - that's also scummy, but Person A is scummy too."

"Oh yeah, well Person C did this - that's REALLY scummy, albeit Person A and B are scummy too!"

C'mon, it's Day 1. We can't continue this speculation. Scum aren't going to out themselves, and lynch and a night kill could give us more information than discussing this out to January 21st. Look how apathetic the town is becoming too, at this rate everyone will stop posting or replace out. Really, it's just like the same people going at it and a few others with about a post or two on every page. The discussion is getting us no where.

@diddin - Nico's reasons are pretty valid, if you want to get a real bandwagoner your guy is Richard. He basically said "Yeah, Nico is right." then voted.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

I really don't find Diddin that scummy...but I would hammer the crap out of just about anyone now just to get this day over with...but I don't find him scummy, so until it gets close, I'll withhold my vote on him...

PoS: RichardGHP, TheLonging
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Fugitive wrote:@diddin - Nico's reasons are pretty valid, if you want to get a real bandwagoner your guy is Richard. He basically said "Yeah, Nico is right." then voted.
And the problem with that is?

I'm not noobclaiming, I simply see nothing wrong with me agreeing with another player and voting accordingly.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Fugitive wrote:"Person A did this - that's scummy"

"Well Person B did this - that's also scummy, but Person A is scummy too."

"Oh yeah, well Person C did this - that's REALLY scummy, albeit Person A and B are scummy too!"
lawlcrackers.

But yeah, diddin your vote doesn't make a whole lot of sense (except as an OMGUS, in which case it makes perfect sense). People still have to decide for themselves if they think you are scummy and want to vote for you or not, which they have been doing (regardless of my "telling EVERYONE to vote for you") for the past 2 pages:

Voted for you: Richard, Navy
Verbally committed to voting for you: Pie, Konowa
Promised to look back over the situation and determine if a vote for you was a good decision: pman
Refused to vote for you (at this time anyway): Parama
Ignored the issue completely: Flareonage, CCARaven, TL

See? There has been a wide range of reactions to my blanket invitation. I put down my vote for who I thought was the scummiest player so far in the game, and I extended the invitation to every other player to do the same if they thought it was the right decision.

Also, inviting =/= telling. Just saying.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”