manho ( 0 )
TonyMontana ( 0 )
Fishythefish ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 1 ) manho
Total Votes ( 11 )

With 11 alive, 6 needed to lynch.
Next Lynch Available at: January 16th 00:01 EST
Lynch Will Be: Snow Bunny

Plum wrote:But I don't think that we'll miss every deadline, only the ones in this game day. Once we have a night, everything won't be set to specific day (lynch deadline Friday night at midnight, for example).
Do we have a night? My understanding is Day 2 started immediately after the lynch thus each "day" will end Friday at midnight.
dj wrote:388 is drivel. there is no "quicklynching in this game because we can switch the majority before deadline. why do you assume such a weak town that what elli says is law? its not. elli is one player and the picture you are painting is of him having some unbalanced power than the rest of us so that he fits into your picture of being scummy. his actions weren't scummy. not by a long shot. setting up a policy lynch as a backup is protown. he has one vote, just like the rest of us. acting as though he has more is just convoluted and capricious.
I agree that Elli was not scummy for suggesting we ensure a lynch but I didn't like that it was "policy" not on suspicion. I have made this point several times but it is an important distinction. I don't find it to be a scummy action, just perhaps misguided.

In other news...
Manho is quickly creeping up my scumlist due to the empty promises. Last time I saw someone have so many "will post later" posts was Jebus in my Dexter game...guess what, he was scum.

@Elli: SB is V/LA until tomorrow so it looks like the claim is on hold until then.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

@don: your play here is very different from in our recent game, when you were town. This worries me slightly. Comments?

I expect to be able to get entirely to grips with this game about this time tomorrow.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Fishythefish wrote:@don: your play here is very different from in our recent game, when you were town. This worries me slightly. Comments?

I expect to be able to get entirely to grips with this game about this time tomorrow.
tell me whats different. tell me what worries you. then i can comment.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by zoraster »

11 Alive
Snow Bunny ( 6 ) Juls Ellibereth Flareonage farside22 Plumegranate TonyMontana
DeathRowKitty ( 0 )
bigmc109 ( 2 ) Fishythefish don_johnson
don_johnson ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 1 ) bigmc109
Flareonage ( 1 ) Snow Bunny
Plumegranate ( 0 )
Juls ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
manho ( 0 )
TonyMontana ( 0 )
Fishythefish ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 1 ) manho
Total Votes ( 11 )

With 11 alive, 6 needed to lynch.

TonyMontana placed the 6th vote, which was the majority, on Snow Bunny. Unless a new majority is reached, Snow Bunny will be lynched at the next available lynch time.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:53 am

Post by Fishythefish »

don_johnson wrote:
Fishythefish wrote:@don: your play here is very different from in our recent game, when you were town. This worries me slightly. Comments?

tell me whats different. tell me what worries you. then i can comment.
Your posts here are significantly longer, and contain more reasoning. You are playing much more like a standard mafia player. It seems consistent with caring more about your image than you did in that game (even before you were cleared).

I agree that bigmc is talking complete nonsense about Elli's plan. It seems like that his misrepping of Elli's actions and thought processes is deliberate. The thing he is attacking is a caricature of scum leading town. I far prefer his lynch to that of SB.
@bigmc: Elli's plan was to have a lynch as a backup, in case we couldn't decide. There are obvious protown reasons for getting a lynch ASAP in a time-critical game. There are also cons to having a backup lynch (particularly town laziness). If you think the cons outweigh the pros, fair enough - I think I agree with you, just about. But to say that this is so obviously true that anyone with the opposite view is scum is ridiculous. And given that Elli thought a backup lynch was desirable, a policy lynch is the obvious way to go.
To call a backup lynch a quicklynch, a lynch or a policy lynch is a total and utter misrep. It is totally clear to me that there is a plausible protown thought process leading to Elli's idea, and it I struggle to believe that anyone can fail to see this.

About SB:
- I'm awaiting an answer, here and there, about the QT. Until we get one, this is scummy.
- I think SB's play could be described as using quite a lot of words for not much scumhunting. This is a scumtell for me.
- I don't understand farside's reasoning in 367. What exactly has SB done here which makes her scum?
Overall, this wagon is ok, but no better than that. If SB has a convincing answer about DRK, then I'd put her only at slightly scummy. There is stil plenty of time to get a bigmc lynch, and SB keeps going-to-be-lynched status even without 6 votes.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:51 am

Post by don_johnson »

fish: depending on when i replace into a game or if i start it from the beginning really determines how much i "care" about my image. if i replace into a game that is 40 pages in i have no control over how i am viewed and so don't think about it much at all. if it seems like i am "trying" in this game then you are reading me correctly. i am on a five game town win streak and i don't want it to end, unfortunately i may not have any control over that due to my willingness to replace into crappy situations, but that's another story.

i was thinking like juls 400, plumegranate being gone each week at deadline is bad news. also, note there has not been a mafia kill yet. either a protect or roleblock hit home or mafia is in the shadows laughing as town tears itself apart. not sure what to make of that.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:29 am

Post by Fishythefish »

don_johnson wrote:fish: depending on when i replace into a game or if i start it from the beginning really determines how much i "care" about my image. if i replace into a game that is 40 pages in i have no control over how i am viewed and so don't think about it much at all. if it seems like i am "trying" in this game then you are reading me correctly. i am on a five game town win streak and i don't want it to end, unfortunately i may not have any control over that due to my willingness to replace into crappy situations, but that's another story.
Thanks for this, that rings true. Could you give me a link to a finished game you've played from the beginning as town?
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:39 am

Post by bigmc109 »

It is
not
pro-town to have a policy lynch as a backup lynch. CSL did nothing scummy, and I would argue that at the time, DRK was the scummiest looking player. If Elli's backup lynch plan had been based on scumminess in the this game, then yes, it would have been pro-town. But if he's basing it on policy lynching and behavior in other games, it is at best anti-town, because it could potentially lose us a townie. It is hard for me to believe that in the span of 7 days two majorities could be separately reached. I think Elli realized this and was trying to set-up an easy lynch.
Show
[b]Record: 2-1
[color=green]Town: 1-0[/color]
[color=red]Mafia: 1-1[/color]
Other: 0-0[/b]

[i][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13846]Mini 951 - Prison Mafia[/url] needs [b]1 replacement[/b].[/i]
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:42 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

First of all, let me claim: I'm the town jailkeeper, neighbour with Fishy (Ann) and DRK. I think that Ann was town (and thus Fishy), which makes me think all neighbours are town.
Ellibereth wrote:Snow bunny makes 0 sense to me.
Why do you still fail to say what DRK that made you think he was scum?
You berated me for voting Flare a few pages ago...

...I also still have a scumread on Ann right now.
What exactly doesn't make sense to you? Tell me, so I can use paper and pencil to explain. I can't quote anything from the QT, you know. It was something DRK said that I can't see a townie saying. Fishy can confirm, as I already posted what was in there.

Also, it's funny how you have the two remaining neighbours as scum. Such a great way to ensure the lynch of either of us.
farside22 wrote: I don't understand bunny's position Did she think both eli and DRK scum for discussion a policy lynch? Why is this scummy as it takes a majority to agree to a policy lynch.
Eli didn't discuss a policy lynch. He WANTED and PURSUED it. I can't see protown reasons to setup a lynch that way. You see, in many opportunities I've seen town be guided as a sheep, and if we have a "backup lynch", chances are that we won't try as hard to find scum.
farside22 wrote: Bunny:

Pushes on Eli case based on the policy lynch of CSL. Excuses players (vaya) lurkering using meta.

This feels like she is telegraphing her vote her:
DRK: I usually post once a day, in almost all games, and I had not much to add rather than Elli seems to be searching for weak reasons to wagon somebody. CLS' policy wagon and Mal's wagon based on actually nothing is not good. You are behind, as well, but I find Elli top suspicious.
This is my biggest problem:
I do not believe that lynching just for the sake of meeting a 7-day deadline is pro-town.
however:
Though I want an Elli wagon, I will switch to DRK if needed.
She press's on Eli or DRK based on the policy lynch view, however it never went off beyond the pregame and her holding onto it seems weak.

vote: snow_bunny
I fail to see the contradiction there. I think Elli is scum. Lynching scum =/= lynching for the sake of lynching. You are all fixated on thinking that the only thing I have against Elli is the policy lynch (and on DRK the same), when I have pointed out other things. Reasonless wagon-jumping. That certainty which he points out DRK is town Ann is scum. Eagerness to lynch (unlike you, I find this a scumtell).

@Plum: I really don't get your reasons to vote for me, and that big post (379) seems just like a opportunistic jump on the wagon. You say a lot of things to other players, but yet you say that "I'm scummier" without pointing out why. I'm scummier than Flaresheep? I'm scummier because I lurk despise being other players who have lurked more?
TonyMontana wrote:
vote: Snow_bunny

Gonna do some more reading, but I like what I've ready regarding snow today.
Still waiting for this.
Flareonage wrote:I don't agree with the policy lynch on CSL (Me) of course.

I think our best bet is the 2 remaining neighbors. That's why my vote is on Snow Bunny
No, you're vote is on me because I'm the largest wagon.

And then you wonder why I call the town sheep.

It's funny, you know, how you are going after the neighbours. What are you going to do after I flip town? Lynch Ann based on the "two-towns-one-scum-neighbour-thingy"? Excellent way of scum to get rid of possibly confirmed townies without having to use their kills.

Oh, and regardless the no-scum kill yet, I might have something to say about that. If we base our theories on scum killing as soon as they can, and their power recharging after 7 days (based on my own power and the duration of a day), I think I have found something interesting.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:47 am

Post by zoraster »

Time Stamp: 1/12 10:02

TonyMontana the Vanilla Townie has been killed.

bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:50 am

Post by bigmc109 »

What did you find that's interesting? SB, you seem to have a pattern of saying you know things, and then not share them with us. Unless I read your last post incorrectly...
Show
[b]Record: 2-1
[color=green]Town: 1-0[/color]
[color=red]Mafia: 1-1[/color]
Other: 0-0[/b]

[i][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13846]Mini 951 - Prison Mafia[/url] needs [b]1 replacement[/b].[/i]
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:36 am

Post by manho »

Juls wrote:In other news...
Manho is quickly creeping up my scumlist due to the empty promises. Last time I saw someone have so many "will post later" posts was Jebus in my Dexter game...guess what, he was scum.
2 only, and this will be the third one with "will post later". i thought i have a game before with much more "will post later" posts, and i was town then. don't have the time to search for it.

will post later when i've got the time.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:36 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Snow_Bunny wrote:What exactly doesn't make sense to you? Tell me, so I can use paper and pencil to explain. I can't quote anything from the QT, you know. It was something DRK said that I can't see a townie saying. Fishy can confirm, as I already posted what was in there.
SB has now addressed this in the QT. In fact, she pretty much already had, I missed it. I will paraphrase what she finds scummy:
DRK was making a post, talking about claiming his neighbours (after he had claimed he was a neighbour). The gist of what he said was that there was no reason to worry about being claimed as neighbours, because in the case that he was scum, his partners already knew who we were. Frankly, it's pretty hard to convey what SB sees in this post without giving you the precise form of words, which I can't do. I can sympathise partially with SB over this one - I think it's totally understandable to see the post as a minor scumtell. But the level of certainty that arose from that scumtell, here and there, is a bit off.

I see no good reason for a jailkeeper not claim their targets, who at some point may be able to confirm or counter her claim. Unless I've missed something, there's no risk of outing anyone. Conversely, there are extremely good reasons not to claim duration or recharge time, and I definitely don't want SB to claim the time period over which the person was jailed.

If Tony's kill is due to a vig, I'd like that vig to step forward. Knowing the recharge time of the scum kill(s) is
important
, and is probably worth more than protecting your identity.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:38 am

Post by manho »

V/LA until 17/1, may have a chance to post before the deadline.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:39 am

Post by Fishythefish »

It should be noted that, with TM dead, SB isn't at majority and sort of never has been.

@mod:
as things stand, what would be the lynch?
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:45 am

Post by TonyMontana »

May all scum stand up on stools, and may the town kick the stools away.

Go town.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:53 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

You see, if I claimed who my target was, there was a chance scum would use that information. A jailkeeper doubles as a doc, you know.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:00 am

Post by Ellibereth »

I instinctually believe Snow's claim. I still have a bad feeling about Ann's slot but fishy feels fine so I'll drop that for now.
Need a new wagon.
Vote: bigmc
FLASH OF GREEN
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:04 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Snow_Bunny wrote:You see, if I claimed who my target was, there was a chance scum would use that information. A jailkeeper doubles as a doc, you know.
Maybe I'm being dense, but I don't see how scum would use the information.
I'm suggesting you claim your past target, not any future ones.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:13 am

Post by farside22 »

Ellibereth wrote:I instinctually believe Snow's claim. I still have a bad feeling about Ann's slot but fishy feels fine so I'll drop that for now.
Need a new wagon.
This vote comes across OMGUS on bigmc without a case.
I know he's coming after you for weak reason and WIFOM idea's with a town that apparently is mindless zombies. I'm waiting to see how bigmc answers my questions in regards to policy lynches first.

I don't know if I'm so quick to believe a claim but I want to reread a few more things.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:13 am

Post by zoraster »

10 Alive
Snow Bunny ( 4 ) Juls Flareonage farside22 Plumegranate
DeathRowKitty ( 0 )
bigmc109 ( 3 ) Fishythefish don_johnson Ellibereth
don_johnson ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 1 ) bigmc109
Flareonage ( 1 ) Snow Bunny
Plumegranate ( 0 )
Juls ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
manho ( 0 )
Fishythefish ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 1 ) manho
Total Votes ( 10 )

With 10 alive, 6 needed to lynch.

Please note the Lynch Rules:

lynch rulesLynching and voting.
1. The town may lynch every 7 days or later.
2. At the end of 7 days, the last player to receive a majority will be lynched.
3. There are no unvotes, but you may vote "no lynch." If a majority are voting for "no lynch" at the end of 7 days, no one is lynched, even if someone else previously had the majority. No one is lynched until someone has a majority.

Snow reached a majority, which means that unless a new majority is reached, she will be lynched. If you wish to not lynch when the deadline is up, you will need to reach a majority for "No Lynch."
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:17 am

Post by Ellibereth »

farside22 wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:I instinctually believe Snow's claim. I still have a bad feeling about Ann's slot but fishy feels fine so I'll drop that for now.
Need a new wagon.
This vote comes across OMGUS on bigmc without a case.
I know he's coming after you for weak reason and WIFOM idea's with a town that apparently is mindless zombies. I'm waiting to see how bigmc answers my questions in regards to policy lynches first.

I don't know if I'm so quick to believe a claim but I want to reread a few more things.
Neh, elimination.
I like: You, Juls, DJ, flare.
I believe SB, Fishy is reading much better than Ann.
Manho is V/LA, and I'm still neutral over P-fruit.
Me liking wagons is an extra plus.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:18 am

Post by don_johnson »

^^ well, the only reason for sb to reveal her target in thread is for future use. if fish is town then she could reveal it in quicktopic, but then we have to trust fish with that info. more than likely, sb is the next mafia kill. i would rather have the info in this thread before she dies.

now lets lynch bigmc. plumegranate is now my number two target. the v/la is too convenient to ignore.

flareonage and manho could be lurking scum. if there is a vig, kill them please.

fish: any town games i link to would be useless me thinks. most i could refer to(finished) are a bit older and my playstyle undergoes constant metamorphosis. tbh, i feel i have matured quite a bit on this site. meta is useless against me. i have made sure of that.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:25 am

Post by Fishythefish »

don_johnson wrote:fish: any town games i link to would be useless me thinks. most i could refer to(finished) are a bit older and my playstyle undergoes constant metamorphosis. tbh, i feel i have matured quite a bit on this site. meta is useless against me. i have made sure of that.
OK. In that case, I'll probably have a thorough look into your meta when I have some time.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:32 am

Post by don_johnson »

feel free to waste your time.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6