890: Cults of Darkness and Shadow - Game over!

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:22 am

Post by Faraday »

Yo gonna be busy w/ moving back to uni for the next day or 2. Try not to miss me.

xoxo.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:16 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Chaco wrote:That's based all off of assumption Snow. You're ruling out that a town protective role exists in that line of thinking.
Chaco wrote:
Snow_Bunny wrote:
Chaco wrote:That's based all off of assumption Snow. You're ruling out that a town protective role exists in that line of thinking.
I'm not ruling out anything. I'm saying that as a town I have no way of knowing there's a town PR. But he does.
This is a semi open set up, I'm pretty sure you know there are Town PRs. That was a dumb comment.
These are from when Snow_Bunny discovered one of SC's slips. You immediately went to his defense. I'm not saying it was a great defense, but it was there.

For those of you who are convinced that Darkness cult is finished, you may want to reflect on this little nugget from dead scum Serial:
SerialClergyman wrote:If Darkness protected their own then they have 3 members and a power role.
I think it's pretty obvious that Darkness DID protect one of their own (Serial basically admits to protecting a goon in an earlier post), therefore I think we can take from this that Darkness cult had three members and a power role.

Chaco is the last member of Darkness, let's lynch him.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:30 am

Post by Chaco »

That's not a defense, that was questioning Snow Bunny's logic, which you are trying to twist into a defense. When it is not.

Also, that by no means means that there is 3 members.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

For now:

Vote: Startransmission

And,
mod: Kinda of VLA around here. Should return on Tuesday.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by dramonic »

I have 3 games to read up on, with all due respect the others have priority ;)
I'll get a post in tonight though.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by dramonic »

My funny feeling about start will have to wait.

under the assumption that Start isn't lying he should reveal his investigation. The scum will be forced to either kill him or let him investigate. If they kill him, the confirmed town is really confirmed. If not they run the risk of getting caught.

Also, if any other dreamwalker exists in the setup, now would be a good time to CC. We can win this easy.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:24 pm

Post by Percy »

Incantation Count

dramonic - 1 (Chaco)
Chaco - 1 (Deathsauce)
startransmission - 1 (Snow_Bunny)

Not Incanting - 4 (Heilograph, Faraday, dramonic, startransmission)

The Ritual will take only 6 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Sunday the 10th of January (site time).

Prods will go out tomorrow.

7 Incantations are currently required to complete the Ritual.
Last edited by Percy on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:11 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Chaco wrote:That's not a defense, that was questioning Snow Bunny's logic, which you are trying to twist into a defense. When it is not.

Also, that by no means means that there is 3 members.
It was a defense, if it wasn't, why didn't you say anything earlier when I said you were defending him?

Sorry, it looks pretty clear to me that there are/were three members in Darkness.

More Chaco votes, please
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Chaco »

I don't remember you saying I defended him.

And please explain how you know this.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

SerialClergyman wrote:If that person was blocked by a scum mate, then
Darkness must have had 3 people on their team plus a power role
SerialClergyman wrote:The only way that makes sense is if I am a Darkness Guardian who protected SOMEONE OTHER THAN MY SCUM GROUP last night, or if I'm a Darkness Guardian and have a scum goon who I protected successfully last night.
Sounds to me like he protected a scum goon.
SerialClergyman wrote:If Darkness protected their own then
they have 3 members and a power role...
You would have to be obtuse not to conclude that Darkness has 3 members and a power role.

In addition, there is the little exchange between you and Serial that resulted in the lynch of townie semioldguy:
Chaco wrote:Wow, uhm, that breadcrumb is different. Since town guardian is claimed, and Dreamwalker, both making accusations that SOG is scum. You can't argue that really, so
Re-Incant: Dramonic
, might as well confirm their claims.
Chaco wrote:Blah that post put Dramonic on the mind.

EBWOP:
Re-incant: Semioldguy
SerialClergyman wrote:...

Are you not paying attention or just made a mistake?

You should be incanting SOG, not dramonic.
SerialClergyman wrote:lol good man. :P
You instantly believed SC's fakeclaim and followed your fellow scum's lead to get a townie lynch
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Chaco »

Deathsauce, you can choose not to submit a guard, look at the OP. You are basing this assumption off of a "what if". I honestly do not think there are three Darkness, because look at the results from last night. Shadow got a kill on Magua. Darkness most likely would have gotten their kill across-- that is if their is only one Town Guardian-- but seriously, don't say anything.

You are making connections that are nonexistent.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by Faraday »

I prefer a Pom lynch than a Phate lynch still. Waiting on Phate's response to the mass claim thing but it honestly doesn't look like Pom cares who's lynched, as long as it's not her, she doesn't seem interested in finding scum to me; at all.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

Chaco wrote: You are basing this assumption off of a "what if"...
No, I am basing this off of repeated specific wording from a confirmed member of Darkness Cult.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by Faraday »

Faraday wrote:I prefer a Pom lynch than a Phate lynch still. Waiting on Phate's response to the mass claim thing but it honestly doesn't look like Pom cares who's lynched, as long as it's not her, she doesn't seem interested in finding scum to me; at all.
This was obviously posted in the wrong game :oops: It's a good point though :o

But yeah.

3 man scumgroup w/ a power role would mean the other scum group would also need 3 and a power role, and I don't see that being the case at all.

Incant Heliograph

I want to see some content or you can die.

Asking the cop who his innocent is, isn't content.
I'm not 100% convinced about start but I believe town would at least need a cop in this set-up, unless they had another doc, but that's got the posibillity to break the game.

Snow_bunny why do you think stark is the most likely mafia?
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:46 am

Post by startransmission »

Heilograph wrote:I would myself be very interested to Learn te results , start any ideas on when you would believe it is approiate to show the results?
I'd like to see who suspects who and how the votes come down before I make that revelation. I don't want scum having more information than necessary as they point fingers.

I'm torn as to where to place my vote. There are two candidates on the top of my list, I'll need to reread some stuff before making a decision.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

Vote Chaco, he's scum
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:55 pm

Post by Percy »

Incantation Count

dramonic - 1 (Chaco)
Chaco - 1 (Deathsauce)
startransmission - 1 (Snow_Bunny)
Heilograph - 1 (Faraday)

Not Incanting - 4 (Heilograph, dramonic, startransmission)

The Ritual will take only 5 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Wednesday the 13th of January (site time).

Prodding
: Heilograph.

6 Incantations are currently required to complete the Ritual.
Last edited by Percy on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:24 am

Post by Faraday »

Mod: Heliograph replaced DisCode
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:14 am

Post by Percy »

Herp derp derp. Prodding Heilograph.
Heilograph
Heilograph
Goon
Heilograph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by Heilograph »

Im sorry for not being as active as i should be, some issues have came up. I shall be back to posting on friday, sorry for any inconvience.
Wondering if they will ever make a mafiascum app for iPhone...

I'm a turtle!!
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

I'd go for mass prods, this game is creeping
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Ok, my points against star.

-Early on he post a read on players. Two out of the four in the town read have turned up Darkness. Three out of the five in the scum read are town (two flips and myself).
-He had mipe as town, then yet when mipe's under pressure says "His actions have been dodgy and a little bizarre for most of the day". Interesting change of heart.
-He has Faraday as town, yet he then says he has "Faraday on the fence", and some other points against him. Star says he agrees with Faraday, but since when agreeing with someone grants the read of town?
-Jumps to the mipe wagon when the town consensus is to lynch him. Opportunistic, and busing. Also noted the rush to lynch him.
-Supports SC with his slip.
-First "I've been fairly neutral on her (Snow_Bunny) this game, so I went back and ISO'd her. The majority of her posts strike me as genuine town." Then "I'm not saying snowbunny is town. After reading back through on iso I found her posts to be... not scummy."
-Claims town dreamwalker, having targeted someone he had a town read. That makes no sense. Also, notice another small slip here. The third option of his no-result on SOG is "Semi is obviously in the Shadow cult. His partner protected him, and the kill they chose was blocked by an astute town guardian. " I wonder why SOG is obviously Shadow instead of just obviously scum. I mean, he could have been Darkness. But again, another certainty about the alignment of another player. Wow, two scum slips in a single game. Easy as pie.
-Bases his accusations on SOG on probabilities!
-Doesn't acknowledge SC's wagon. Well, I guess it would be dumb to bus both of your partners.
-Assumes that because there wasn't a Darkness NK, the scum teams are in pairs. You see, I can see you pulling here a gambit. No NKing to make the town believe they have wiped Darkness out and erase all tracks of your previous actions. Well done, but not enough.
-As expected from a fakeclaim (yes, I believe he's fakeclaiming), innocent result on investigation today.
-Conveniently delays the claim of the result.
-Also, albeit it's small and wifomly, a town cop surviving the night? Hmm...

So, here's the thing: Star claimed dreamwalker in order to lynch a townie and save his partner. He bussed mipe. He buddied with SC. The inconstancy on his reads. Also, he slipped! Do I need to say more? Star is Darkness. Yes, whine all you want about a three scum with a PR team is broken and all, but until the game ends and we see the setup we can't do anything about it. I prefer to lynch scum when I find them.

So, please, more star incantations.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by startransmission »

I explained why I'm holding onto my investigation result, and I think my reasoning is sound.

Much of what I said before I claimed was designed to keep me under the radar.

My change of heart on mipe was due to bizarre and unhelpful posts made after my initial read. I voted him because he was obvscum.

While SC turned out to be scum, I still don't agree with the logic of your precious "slip". I did not defend SC, I just didn't like your reasoning. So... we agree that I disagreed about the slip, so how can you say I ignored the SC wagon? I didn't vote for him because I was sure that SOG was scum.

I don't see what's wrong with saying I find your posts to be townish, but not being positive that you are town.

I like probabilities. My logic was flawed, and I missed the fact that Seacore was killed by Darkness.

My flawed SOG is scum logic,
1. There are only two members of each cult (still believe that)
2. Mipe was dead, so Darkness is down to 1. (still believe that)
3. There was only one NK, so there is a town guardian.
4. SOG was protected, so he must be scum, and the only scumteam that could do that would be Shadow. Shadow protected SOG, and their NK was blocked by town.

The likelihood that the town guardian and myself would target the same player seemed much lower than what I just described.

I explained why I investigated SOG.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Faraday »

There are parts of snow's case I like but I don't think it's enough to convince me.

Snow, quickly. Why is using probabillites a scum-tell? Why wouldn't he survive the night? The other scum faction would have no way of knowing if there was a Guardian or not.

Snow do you think he's completely faking or that he's a shadow/darkness dreamwalker? I could see the scum teams getting different power roles, but I don't really see them as being > 2 at this moment in time. Bear in mind if they are > 2 we're almost fucking definitely in Lylo.

Hmm I'm going to have to think here a little bit on the set-up analysis, I found stark's claim odd but I definitely trusted it as I had no reason not to, I found his reasoning flawed but not scummy, really.

I don't know if town guardian + nilla is enough to combat a scum team of 2/3 w/ a guardian versus another scum team of maybe 2/3? it seems unlikely to me. I think I've reviewed/designed enough set-ups to know what seems balanced and I know Percy is a competent moderator.

I think basically the chances of him being scum despite the odd play are fairly slim at the moment knowing what we do.

Chaco/Ds/Dramonic care to weigh in on Snow's case? Agree or disagree?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:57 pm

Post by dramonic »

I think I fit the "whining about balance" category. That is, I think Percy makes balanced games and therefore Start can't be darkness. The case is good though, just the conclusion is really implausible.
I'm a hoot

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”