manho ( 0 )
TonyMontana ( 0 )
Fishythefish ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 3 ) manho don_johnson bigmc109
Total Votes ( 11 )

With 11 alive, 6 needed to lynch.
Next Lynch Available at: January 16th 00:01 EST
Lynch Will Be: Snow Bunny

Caught a break. I'm sick, so I'm not busy anymore.
Snow_Bunny wrote:Though I want an Elli wagon, I will switch to DRK if needed.

Btw, Elli, yet another wagon just like that? It seems like you are going for "weak" targets. It's a shame you are looked "pro-town" by a few other players. :-/
Hm....setting up lynches while protecting oneself....
Snow_Bunny wrote:Both DRK and Elli were suspicious. Why then wouldn't I want either of them lynched? You are trying to imply my vote came out of nowhere. I might not have made a case against either of them, but that doesn't change the fact that I thought both of them were scum (Elli's still there). And, as I also said, DRK said something in the QT that pushed him on top Elli.

Elli's still scummy, but so is Flare.

When a lynch is every 7 days or so, you can't expect each lynchee to have a strong case (specially on D1) before dying. I don't see why you call it policy lynching, as I gave my reasons. :-/
Combined with a horrible, horrible defense. If you find someone suspicious, you have a case against them. If you "gave your reasons", then you have a case against them. In fact, I believe you did have a csae against them, that case being the same as my case. Though the fact that you say you didn't....I don't know, it has me confused.
Snow_Bunny wrote:@Flare: Stop acting like a sheep. You have done nothing but following wagons without adding anything new, and not even worrying about finding something about other players.
I will say that SB has a point here. Flareonage has yet to really contribute anything of value to the game. Having said that, it could also be scum-SB pointing fingers at the newbie for doing newbie things. I'm thinking these two almost definitely have opposite alignments.

I'm not so convinced SB is scum as everyone else is. I personally think we need to take a step back and look at the lurkers (btw, I was a bit peeved when I saw Plume list me as a lurker, but holy crap were they right about my low post count. I'll try to fix that in the future).

Scum list (no particular order):

Flareonage (lack of contribution)
TonyMontana (lack of contribution/lurking)
manho (lack of contribution/lurking/not paying attention)
SnowBunny (lots of contradictions between posts, most of which others have pointed out)
Show
[b]Record: 2-1
[color=green]Town: 1-0[/color]
[color=red]Mafia: 1-1[/color]
Other: 0-0[/b]

[i][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13846]Mini 951 - Prison Mafia[/url] needs [b]1 replacement[/b].[/i]
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:54 am

Post by bigmc109 »

And wow, Elli is also on my scum list. Don't know how I forgot him.
Show

[i][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13846]Mini 951 - Prison Mafia[/url] needs [b]1 replacement[/b].[/i]
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:57 am

Post by manho »

busy with the new semester, will read the thread and post more when i get through this first week.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:05 am

Post by don_johnson »

vote: bigmc

i love how the scumlist is 3/4 low activity players and 1/4 the days leading suspect. classic.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:18 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Hey fishy! My push on your player slot was a combination gut + thing where I broke a rule.
Is it me or did we already hit a majority on Snow? I'm awaiting a claim when she gets back. (ISO 17 sort of implies she's not a simple neighbor).
FLASH OF GREEN
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:58 am

Post by bigmc109 »

In a game like this, lurking is something to look out for. While I've been guilty of it myself, there is no reason to let people fade into the background. That said, the fact that there has yet to be a night kill could mean our pace could be slowed a bit so we can get some more discussion in. As for the top suspect, there is a reason she is the top suspect, and I happen to see it too. I just don't think it's as scummy as Elli or the lurkers at this point. Oh yeah....way to leave off the last fifth from your voting reasons.

If you guys want to keep pushing on SnowBunny that's fine, but I'm still going to
Vote: Elli
. I'll be damned if a townie tried that hard to get a quick lynch and cover it up as policy.
Show

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:04 am

Post by farside22 »

I think Eli being in a hurry to lynch someone is the only thing I can agree with you here Bigmc. Trying to quick lynch someone into basically claiming is scummy as if we rush to lynch each person scum gets more information on who has what PR.
I noticed not really anyone but DKR really pushed the idea of doing a policy lynch and since no one really was keen on the idea does this make Eli scummy? DKR flipped town.
This just seems like the same case that got DKR lynched
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:41 am

Post by bigmc109 »

DRK stated several times that he was "just joking around" (which, more or less, turned out to be true because of his town flip). Elli, however, was clearly not joking around, and legitimately wanted CSL lynched. His proposed policy of having a backup lynch "just in case" was (or is, I'm not sure if he dropped it or not) clearly scummy, because he wanted CSL as a back-up with no discussion. The more quickly we reach majorities, the better it is for scum, because we have so much less info to go on. Elli's play started off incredibly scummy, and just because he's corrected it somewhat does not mean he's necessarily town. I think he's most likely scum trying to act as pro-town as possible.
Show

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:29 am

Post by Ellibereth »

I wasn't joking. If the game was repeated I would still want him policy lynched. The time buffer here was just a bonus.
You have a clear lacking of understanding of finding a certain play scummy, as opposed to a theoretical disagreement.
FLASH OF GREEN
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:25 am

Post by don_johnson »

bigmc likes using the phrase "quicklynch". this is a misrepresentation of elli's intentions as far as i can tell and is also the most common accusation made by scum against town in the early goings of any game. there are seven days between lynches. no such thing as a "quicklynch" in this game. if you need proof, everyone vote for bigmc. he won't be lynched no matter how quickly the votes pile on because the power hasn't recharged.

in any case, i don't see any reason to think that either annachieslot or snowbunny are town. i think big shouyld be lynched though.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Ellibereth »

We already reached a majority on Snow. i want a full claim.
FLASH OF GREEN
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:35 am

Post by farside22 »

Ellibereth wrote:I wasn't joking. If the game was repeated I would still want him policy lynched. The time buffer here was just a bonus.
You have a clear lacking of understanding of finding a certain play scummy, as opposed to a theoretical disagreement.
I didn't think you were joking. I recall you said a few times about looking to lynch people as quickly as possible.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Ellibereth »

farside22 wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:I wasn't joking. If the game was repeated I would still want him policy lynched. The time buffer here was just a bonus.
I didn't think you were joking. I recall you said a few times about looking to lynch people as quickly as possible.
I did advocate putting a majority on CSL ASAP.
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:49 am

Post by bigmc109 »

don_johnson wrote:bigmc likes using the phrase "quicklynch". this is a misrepresentation of elli's intentions as far as i can tell and is also the most common accusation made by scum against town in the early goings of any game. there are seven days between lynches. no such thing as a "quicklynch" in this game. if you need proof, everyone vote for bigmc. he won't be lynched no matter how quickly the votes pile on because the power hasn't recharged.
Trying to get a majority on a player as quickly as possible is this game's equivalent of quick lynching. If we did have CSL as a backup, it is likely that he would be the lynchee. Especially if people decided to lynch him for the reasons Elli gave, because no matter how pro-town or anti-town CSL may have played, Elli's arguments against him would still be valid. There was absolutely no way to refute Elli's points without a theory discussion, making Elli going after CSL a pretty good example of scum trying to start a quick bandwagon.
Show

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:49 am

Post by farside22 »

Ellibereth wrote:
farside22 wrote:
I did advocate putting a majority on CSL ASAP.
Oh I was talking about the quicklynch comments not about CSL. I didn't take that seriously.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by don_johnson »

388 is drivel. there is no "quicklynching in this game because we can switch the majority before deadline. why do you assume such a weak town that what elli says is law? its not. elli is one player and the picture you are painting is of him having some unbalanced power than the rest of us so that he fits into your picture of being scummy. his actions weren't scummy. not by a long shot. setting up a policy lynch as a backup is protown. he has one vote, just like the rest of us. acting as though he has more is just convoluted and capricious.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by bigmc109 »

If we did what Elli said, it would be very hard to find an alternate lynch, and we would more than likely fall back on the default. And setting up a policy lynch is in no way pro-town. What that does is ensure for Elli that if he and his buddies are unable to build up a legitimate case in 7 days, there is a default townie that is guaranteed to go anyway. And if and when CSL flipped townie, Elli wouldn't even be attacked very much for it, because he could simply claim that it was a policy lynch. And while people like me would attack him, people like you wouldn't even give it a second thought because it doesn't fit in to your picture of being scummy.
Show

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by farside22 »

bigmc109 wrote:If we did what Elli said, it would be very hard to find an alternate lynch, and we would more than likely fall back on the default. And setting up a policy lynch is in no way pro-town. What that does is ensure for Elli that if he and his buddies are unable to build up a legitimate case in 7 days, there is a default townie that is guaranteed to go anyway. And if and when CSL flipped townie, Elli wouldn't even be attacked very much for it, because he could simply claim that it was a policy lynch. And while people like me would attack him, people like you wouldn't even give it a second thought because it doesn't fit in to your picture of being scummy.
Did anyone really follow Eli's logic except for DKR?
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Flareonage »

I don't agree with the policy lynch on CSL (Me) of course.

I think our best bet is the 2 remaining neighbors. That's why my vote is on Snow Bunny
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by bigmc109 »

farside22 wrote:
bigmc109 wrote:If we did what Elli said, it would be very hard to find an alternate lynch, and we would more than likely fall back on the default. And setting up a policy lynch is in no way pro-town. What that does is ensure for Elli that if he and his buddies are unable to build up a legitimate case in 7 days, there is a default townie that is guaranteed to go anyway. And if and when CSL flipped townie, Elli wouldn't even be attacked very much for it, because he could simply claim that it was a policy lynch. And while people like me would attack him, people like you wouldn't even give it a second thought because it doesn't fit in to your picture of being scummy.
No. My point is that that was probably the process of Elli's thoughts. Whether or not it happened is irrelevant; it's the intent that matters.
Show

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by farside22 »

bigmc109 wrote:
farside22 wrote:
No. My point is that that was probably the process of Elli's thoughts. Whether or not it happened is irrelevant; it's the intent that matters.
I have just the shirt for you with this idea

All that is is a lot of WIFOM.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

I'm too lazy to go through all your posts and say why they're all wrong so tl;dr: fail logic is fail logic.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Ok, So Snow got majoed already so the claim should be incoming. Manho's promised material in a week. bigmc's faillogicing. I am unable to read P-fruit. And I don't want to bother Fishy until Snow claims.

TONYYYYYYYY WHERE ARE YOU????????????
FLASH OF GREEN
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by bigmc109 »

WIFOM or not, I think it makes sense. There is no other reason to support a policy lynch so strongly, and considering no one else did except DRK, who explained he was joking, or, according to SB, as part of some bigger strategy, it makes Elli look like he was trying to set-up an easy lynch. Yes, I'm assuming he's scum. Yes, I'm going off of something that only lasted for awhile quite a long time ago. That makes my argument WIFOM-y by nature. It doesn't change the fact that I can't see a pro-town player pushing so hard for a lynch with no in-game arguments.
Show

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

bigmc109 wrote:WIFOM or not, I think it makes sense. There is no other reason to support a policy lynch so strongly, and considering no one else did except DRK, who explained he was joking, or, according to SB, as part of some bigger strategy, it makes Elli look like he was trying to set-up an easy lynch. Yes, I'm assuming he's scum. Yes, I'm going off of something that only lasted for awhile quite a long time ago. That makes my argument WIFOM-y by nature. It doesn't change the fact that I can't see a pro-town player pushing so hard for a lynch with no in-game arguments.
How often do you see scum endorse a policy lynch?
Did you know that one player endorse lynching lurkers by nature and does this mainly when they are a town player?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”