Newbie 888 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:15 am

Post by pablito »

Vote Count

Medix (4): MichelSableheart, Kyiv, RandomMaster, kunkstar7
Magic Trainer (2): almightybob, Medix
Kyiv (1): PatriotsDynasty09

not voting: Lastsurvivor, Magic Trainer

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Fixed. Thanks.
Last edited by pablito on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:41 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

I think you did it again, pablito. >.<
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:43 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Lastsurvivor, you sticking out to me as trying to post a lot but not putting out a lot of content. Most of your posts have just been one liners about this or that, and you haven't accused anyone besides a little argument with Magic Trainer and going along with the Medix wagon. What are your thoughts on Magic Trainer? Is there anyone besides Medix you found scumtells from?
Welcome to the Network.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:06 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Just because I don't pack a punch in every one of my posts doesn't mean I don't put out a lot of content, for one thing. I have recently been slacking a bit though, but the game has kind of slowed down. Also, I haven't accused a lot of people because I don't exactly have anything conclusive. Accusing people over tiny stuff ain't my thing.

Magic Trainer is alright, I guess. I still think the argument he threw at me was a wee bit poorly put together, and that's a bit scummy. And it seems that him and Medix are the only two people I have fos'd down on my notes, so that would be a nada on your last question. I'm going to to a reread later tonight though.

Would you mind answering your own questions for me?
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:25 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

About Magic Trainer: I felt his post about walrus and his vote on your were inconsistent in logic. Saying that we should wait for a while for a lynch, while is not a bad thing as you don't want to quicklynch while there is still discussion ongoing, offsets me as we should not just sit and wait, we should pressure suspects for information and scumtells. By just waiting you will not force anyone into a slip-up, I'm sure the scum will be much more comfortable lurking and "waiting" out till the deadline in hopes of a slip-up.

The above is also my input regarding something that hasn't been mentioned, along with calling you on your posting style. I do not say your voting pattern is bad as I am not a quick voter myself, just that your posts have been mostly one-liners and along with the tide, mostly on Medix.
Welcome to the Network.
Kyiv
Kyiv
Goon
Kyiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by Kyiv »

almightybob wrote:Quick note:
and he tried to change the debate focus to me, which is worked
Pot, meet kettle.
What does that mean?

It looks like Medix is our lynch today unless something incredible happens... I believe a role claim is in order, but it isn't my place to say: it's up to those who are willing to hammer. For now, my vote remains on Medix.
TTFN
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:31 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Kyiv wrote:
almightybob wrote:Quick note:
and he tried to change the debate focus to me, which is worked
Pot, meet kettle.
What does that mean?
It is a play on the saying "the pot calling the kettle black". It is used when someone is accusing someone else of something he is guilty of himself. See my last post for why I disagree with that analysis of Medix' play.

@everyone who has been saying there wasn't much to say: not lynching because we want more content is fine and all, but more content won't magically appear when you aren't actually contributing. Find something to say, rather then wait for someone else.

Still happy with my Medix vote, but lastsurvivor is starting to look scummy. For someone who wanted to learn more from discussion, he has been awfully focussed on Medix lately.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:54 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

I've been busy, Michel, so I'm generally going with the flow of the town atm. I'm going to do a reread soon since I have some spare time (couldn't get around to it yesterday), and attempt to give some questions.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Are the four people voting Medix voting him because you think he's scum, or because he's not putting forward any content? I'm personally not sure if he's a scared scum or just a useless townie.

Bob, would you rather lynch Magic Trainer over Medix?
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:56 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Personally, I'm voting him because there is a reasonable chance he is scum and I wouldn't mind seeing him lynched. His behaviour has been favouring scum, even though it could be the result of inexperience. The main factor in my decission, however, is that the bandwagon doesn't feel like scum trying to get a mislynch. It could be that scum are taking advantage of a mistake of pro-town players, but scum definately aren't the driving factor in this bandwagon.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Alright, Michel. Kyiv, RM, Kunk, what do you think?
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:42 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

From rereading my post where I voted Medix, I think I'm leaning more towards because of lack of content. He has been very weak and basically if he isn't scum then he is not helping the town at all right now, providing the scum with an easy lynch target.
Welcome to the Network.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

kunkstar7 wrote:From rereading my post where I voted Medix, I think I'm leaning more towards because of lack of content. He has been very weak and basically if he isn't scum then he is not helping the town at all right now, providing the scum with an easy lynch target.
Well, you should really only be voting him because you think he's scum. I'm assuming you think that, right?
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:38 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Is that always the case? In this case yes, since he's at L-1. But early votes can be used as pressure votes regardless if they are acting really scummy or not. Although it should be said that you shouldn't ever vote for someone you have a strong town read on. But in the cases of null reads then voting them for lack of contribution and pressuring them is an alternative to voting because they are scum. Yes I do believe that he his actions so far are more likely indicators of scum, so I have no problem with seeing this lynch through.
Welcome to the Network.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:48 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Good point Kunk.

Medix hasn't posted since Wednesday. Think he just gave up?
PatriotsDynasty09
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:57 am

Post by PatriotsDynasty09 »

Lastsurvivor wrote:
kunkstar7 wrote:From rereading my post where I voted Medix, I think I'm leaning more towards because of lack of content. He has been very weak and basically if he isn't scum then he is not helping the town at all right now, providing the scum with an easy lynch target.
Well, you should really only be voting him because you think he's scum. I'm assuming you think that, right?
This is not always the case. If we leave Medix in this game, do you think that scum will NK him? I don't think so. If a townie is not active they are HELPING the scum and if we don't lynch him and he is still inactive then we will lose this game.
Patriots Record 09-10: 10-6

Lost in the First Round of the Playoffs to the Ravens...Next Year for Sure!!!!
Magic Trainer
Magic Trainer
Goon
Magic Trainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:04 am

Post by Magic Trainer »

I'm still somewhat unsure about whether to vote Medix. You're right, we can't just wait and hope some other people will find evidence as the scum might just lurk. Which is why I think it'd be a good idea as to get the statistics of each players posting. For those we see who don't post much we can question them about their activity leval and pressure them for information. Just how do I search the thread though?

If Medix does turn up to be scum I think it's a slight possibility his partner gave up on him and could be voting him out to clear his innocence. Is this something that has happened in other games that could be a scum tell?
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:07 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

@Magic Trainer, you can search each players post using the "Display posts from previous" feature at the bottom. Reading a single players post in isolation is referred to as "iso".

As for the partner voting him, that is a possibility and happens, but in my view its hard to tell who the partner could be in this case as Medix hasn't done much.
Welcome to the Network.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:40 am

Post by almightybob »

Sorry guys, had an unexpected and involuntary V/LA there. Back now, will get some thoughts up tomorrow.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

PatriotsDynasty09 wrote:
Lastsurvivor wrote:
This is not always the case. If we leave Medix in this game, do you think that scum will NK him? I don't think so. If a townie is not active they are HELPING the scum and if we don't lynch him and he is still inactive then we will lose this game.
I think the wording of my question caused some confusion. Original question:
Are the four people voting Medix voting him because you think he's scum, or because he's not putting forward any content? I'm personally not sure if he's a scared scum or just a useless townie.
Now, Kunk said that he was leaning toward no content, which would imply that he figured that Medix was probably town. I see what you're getting at, PD, but you should still have a thought that a lurker could be lurking scum in that case. I know that Kunk probably thought that, but I was just clarifying to make sure.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

@Magic: Scum usually tries to distance themselves from their partners, because players usually analyze the dead person and think "Player A was defending Dead Mafia A pretty hard, so Player A is probably scum." So it's more of a scumtell if someone is defending the mafia.
Kyiv
Kyiv
Goon
Kyiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by Kyiv »

Thanks Michel!
Magic Trainer wrote:I'm still somewhat unsure about whether to vote Medix. You're right, we can't just wait and hope some other people will find evidence as the scum might just lurk. Which is why I think it'd be a good idea as to get the statistics of each players posting. For those we see who don't post much we can question them about their activity leval and pressure them for information. Just how do I search the thread though?
And who exactly would you be looking at? What kind of content are you hoping to find? What would sway your vote? Don't answer them, just keep it in mind.

I'm still annoyed at Medix for consistently disappearing and avoiding questions. I believe that if he isn't scum, he can still provide good info from his flip. For now, he is my best choice for a lynch.
TTFN
PatriotsDynasty09
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by PatriotsDynasty09 »

Kyiv wrote: I'm still annoyed at Medix for consistently disappearing and avoiding questions. I believe that if he isn't scum, he can still provide good info from his flip. For now, he is my best choice for a lynch.
I think we are all agreed that Medix is the best choice because he has "given up" but I still think we should talk for 4-7 days more just to get as much info as we can (even though no one is really saying anything). Almightybob said he'll have some stuff tomorrow, but right now I think we need a roleclaim from Medix. You never know if he's the doctor/cop, and his "giving up" style of play will really hurt us if he is one of those roles.
Patriots Record 09-10: 10-6

Lost in the First Round of the Playoffs to the Ravens...Next Year for Sure!!!!
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

@Mod: Can we get a Medix prod?

---

Kyiv: What info will we receive if he's town? If he's scum?

I'm not saying that we won't get any info at all, I just want to see what stands out at you.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by pablito »

Hasn't been 72 hrs yet, but I'll prod anyway.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”