Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:38 am

Post by Nikanor »

farside wrote:If you would like me to get my husband on skype to explain in great details my puking I would be happy to get the WIFOM off the table now and not argue about something so pointless
Do itttttttt.
farside wrote:Explaining my positioning and helping people get a read on me is scummy? Since when?
Lawl.
For the sake of completeness, I said nothing about your positioning, etc. I don't care about that. The quote you have there has me calling you scummy for you calling yourself a townie. I don't see how you could get any other sort of conclusion from that, unless by some miracle you don't know what a softclaim is.
farside wrote:Nice try I just had a long post outlining all players and my thoughts on why they are scum and what I found.
Yeah, it was in the same post as your excuse. Which makes me wonder why you're making excuses for no reason.
farside wrote:What did you do the last 2 days?
Well, if you must know....
On Monday I woke up at about twelve or one in the afternoon, iirc. I had stayed up until five in the morning the previous night playing Borderlands with a friend, so I needed to sleep in. Anyway, after I woke up, I ate a bowl of Brown Sugar Mini Wheats before jumping in the shower. After my shower, I made sure to apply medicated lotion to my legs, which have been badly afflicted with eczema as of late, probably due to the cold weather. After that was done, I took the bus down to West Edmonton Mall to meet up with DTMaster and a couple other friends for dinner and bowling. We met up at The Bay (except for DTM, who met us at the restaurant), then headed over to the Boston Pizza in the mall. There were four of us there, so we got a plate of yam fries for an appetizer and two medium pizzas. I appointed DTM to make the decision on what to get, but he waffled around for a bit, so I revoked his privileges. We ended up ordering one Spicy Perogy pizza and one pizza with half BBQ chicken, half Bacon Double Cheeseburger. DTM and I ended up eating the most. One of us had eight slices, one of us ate seven slices, but we never figured out who ate more. The girl sitting beside me ate three slices, and my friend sitting across from me was feeling ill and not hungry, so he ate zero slices. At this point, I realise I should start a new paragraph, but I won't, if only to make this a more monotonous read. After dinner, we went to Ed's rec room (formerly Red's rec room) to go bowling. However, as is always the case when I try to bowl there, we couldn't get in thanks to a league they were hosting. So we just ended up shooting some pool instead. The girl and I were on a team against DTM and the other guy (no, not Korts). DTM and the girl had never played before, while the other guy and I were fairly experienced, so it was kind of even. I sucked, as usual, and sunk only two or three balls the entire time. My teammate killed us all with her talent, and although we lost the first game due to her sinking the eight ball, she carried our team to victory in the second match. After the two games of pool, we went to catch our respective buses home. I took the same bus as DTM and the guy, but they fell asleep for most of the trip. After the bus ride, I went home and played some video games before going to sleep.
On Tuesday, I woke up at roughly nine in the morning, ready for my first day of school. It was rather uneventful, as I only had three hours of class, but after class I went to see a movie with the same girl I mentioned earlier (Sorry for lying to you DTM, please don't modkill me!) After the movie, I went home and played Super Mario Bros. for the Wii with my family. I pissed everyone off, being the only one experienced with platformers, and being the only one jumping on everyone else's heads. I ate some Rice Crispie squares baked by my sister, and they were delicious. Then I went to sleep.

tl;dr: Sarcastic remark.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:56 am

Post by farside22 »

Nikanor wrote:
farside wrote:If you would like me to get my husband on skype to explain in great details my puking I would be happy to get the WIFOM off the table now and not argue about something so pointless
Do itttttttt.
My hubby is home and I'm not. If you want to talk on skype it's FHCHome

have fun. :P
farside wrote:Explaining my positioning and helping people get a read on me is scummy? Since when?
Lawl.
For the sake of completeness, I said nothing about your positioning, etc. I don't care about that. The quote you have there has me calling you scummy for you calling yourself a townie. I don't see how you could get any other sort of conclusion from that, unless by some miracle you don't know what a softclaim is.
My comment you quoted was in answer to a comment Jazz made to me about my lack of reading links.
farside wrote:Nice try I just had a long post outlining all players and my thoughts on why they are scum and what I found.
Yeah, it was in the same post as your excuse. Which makes me wonder why you're making excuses for no reason.
Sick is not an excuse. Talking about this game dragging is but if I'm the only one that feels that way tell me why it's only 13 pages long on day 2 then.
farside wrote:What did you do the last 2 days?
Well, if you must know....
On Monday I woke up at about twelve or one in the afternoon, iirc. I had stayed up until five in the morning the previous night playing Borderlands with a friend, so I needed to sleep in. Anyway, after I woke up, I ate a bowl of Brown Sugar Mini Wheats before jumping in the shower. After my shower, I made sure to apply medicated lotion to my legs, which have been badly afflicted with eczema as of late, probably due to the cold weather. After that was done, I took the bus down to West Edmonton Mall to meet up with DTMaster and a couple other friends for dinner and bowling. We met up at The Bay (except for DTM, who met us at the restaurant), then headed over to the Boston Pizza in the mall. There were four of us there, so we got a plate of yam fries for an appetizer and two medium pizzas. I appointed DTM to make the decision on what to get, but he waffled around for a bit, so I revoked his privileges. We ended up ordering one Spicy Perogy pizza and one pizza with half BBQ chicken, half Bacon Double Cheeseburger. DTM and I ended up eating the most. One of us had eight slices, one of us ate seven slices, but we never figured out who ate more. The girl sitting beside me ate three slices, and my friend sitting across from me was feeling ill and not hungry, so he ate zero slices. At this point, I realise I should start a new paragraph, but I won't, if only to make this a more monotonous read. After dinner, we went to Ed's rec room (formerly Red's rec room) to go bowling. However, as is always the case when I try to bowl there, we couldn't get in thanks to a league they were hosting. So we just ended up shooting some pool instead. The girl and I were on a team against DTM and the other guy (no, not Korts). DTM and the girl had never played before, while the other guy and I were fairly experienced, so it was kind of even. I sucked, as usual, and sunk only two or three balls the entire time. My teammate killed us all with her talent, and although we lost the first game due to her sinking the eight ball, she carried our team to victory in the second match. After the two games of pool, we went to catch our respective buses home. I took the same bus as DTM and the guy, but they fell asleep for most of the trip. After the bus ride, I went home and played some video games before going to sleep.
On Tuesday, I woke up at roughly nine in the morning, ready for my first day of school. It was rather uneventful, as I only had three hours of class, but after class I went to see a movie with the same girl I mentioned earlier (Sorry for lying to you DTM, please don't modkill me!) After the movie, I went home and played Super Mario Bros. for the Wii with my family. I pissed everyone off, being the only one experienced with platformers, and being the only one jumping on everyone else's heads. I ate some Rice Crispie squares baked by my sister, and they were delicious. Then I went to sleep.

tl;dr: Sarcastic remark.
You talk about me having excuses

IE: saracasm noted and giving you a taste back.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

farside22 wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Lowell wrote:Any chance we should do some sort of mass copclaim situation? Can we use two cops to our advantage here or what?
What!? We don't need them outed yet. They can do just fine hidden. I don't care if we all claimed "I investigated X and got a Y on them".
Lowell wrote:You guys are idiots. It's just a suggestion. How bad at this game do you think I am?

vote zach
. This guy is unbearable and obvious.
Once again, what!? This is OMGUS out the wazoo.

Vote: Lowell
farside22 wrote:Jazz brought it up in her comments as well and SC backtracked the statement here:
You took me out of context. I concede to saying little to all the arguments against it, but I was against it too, not in favor of it. By "I don't care if we all massclaimed 'I investigated X and got a Y on them'," I meant that I view it as scummy as proposing that the two cops out themselves, which I interpreted Lowell as saying in what I quoted in 291. I wanted a step ahead of Lowell, and I believe he backtracked into saying the hypoclaims were all he wanted.
Clarifying ≠ backtracking. Jazzmyn misinterpreted the tone of my statement, so I explained that how she took it does not make sense. Read between the lines.

If I may go outside of a Mafia context, this hypothetical situation:
Jazzmyn:
Would you like me to get you some chocolate?
StrangerCoug, pleased:
I don't care if you got me all the chocolate in the world.

...is not the same as this hypothetical situation:
Jazzmyn:
Would you like me to get you some chocolate?
StrangerCoug, angry:
I don't care if you got me all the chocolate in the world.

I may not be wording it any differently, but I'm saying something entirely different with a different emotion.

I love weak as hell OMGUS.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by XScorpion »

In short I found only minimumal scum hunting from him, with WIFOM and then trying to an attempt a soft claim from the cops to calling lowell scum for doing almost the same thing.
They are not the same thing, by a long shot. I want a guilty result from a cop, not for everyone to engage in a crazy strategy that does not benefit town.

Nice OMGUS from Lowell btw, even more reason for my vote to stay.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

I went out last night right after work and didn't get home until after midnight, and then tonight I picked my daughter up after work and she's home for the night, so I will catch up on the latest and post tomorrow night (this site is blocked at my office).

Regards,
Jazz
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:23 pm

Post by Nikanor »

farside wrote:My hubby is home and I'm not. If you want to talk on skype it's FHCHome
Done. He told me he had looked through your pms and told me you were scum in this game. Like, seriously.
farside wrote:My comment you quoted was in answer to a comment Jazz made to me about my lack of reading links.
Yes, and you softclaimed in your response.
farside wrote:I'm a lazy
LOOK HERE --->
townie
<--- LOOK HERE
look it up in any game.
Right there. Do you see it now? I know it can be hard for you to notice a softclaim, seeing as how you're a new player and all, but please try your best.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:11 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Hey guys, I have a bit of a flu bug going on right now, so there probably won't be too much out of me in the way of posting today.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:12 am

Post by farside22 »

Nikanor wrote:
farside wrote:My comment you quoted was in answer to a comment Jazz made to me about my lack of reading links.
Yes, and you softclaimed in your response.
farside wrote:I'm a lazy
LOOK HERE --->
townie
<--- LOOK HERE
look it up in any game.
Right there. Do you see it now? I know it can be hard for you to notice a softclaim, seeing as how you're a new player and all, but please try your best.
It's a statement of fact. Nothing more, nothing less.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

farside22 wrote:It's a statement of fact. Nothing more, nothing less.
No, it's certainly a soft claim. As for whether it's factual or not, well, I've played with you in a few games and you've not been "lazy" as a townie in any of them.

More tomorrow ... it took me too long to catch up in my other two games and I'm tired.

Regards,
Jazz
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by farside22 »

Jazzmyn wrote:
farside22 wrote:It's a statement of fact. Nothing more, nothing less.
No, it's certainly a soft claim. As for whether it's factual or not, well, I've played with you in a few games and you've not been "lazy" as a townie in any of them.

More tomorrow ... it took me too long to catch up in my other two games and I'm tired.

Regards,
Jazz
I never read full games people use as meta. Or link to for other games. If it's a link to a post I obviously read those.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Nikanor »

Blahhh.
MrSuave, where art thouuuuuuuuu?
DTMaster, prods pleaaseeeeeeeeeeeee?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:20 am

Post by Zachrulez »

The pace of this game is ridiculous.

It feels like we're headed toward another no lynch.

You can't lynch scum by no lynching...
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Nikanor »

Yes, and another nolynch will (probably) force us to nolynch again sometime down the road.
Only eleven days until deadline, if anyone was wondering.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:48 am

Post by Zachrulez »

We really don't want that to happen because this time we'll actually lose a lynch if we don't lynch.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:39 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

farside22 is a good bet to be making for scum here, guys. Go after her.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:41 am

Post by farside22 »

StrangerCoug wrote:farside22 is a good bet to be making for scum here, guys. Go after her.
Not at all. Still see your vote as opportunist, along with not actually reading the game.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:41 am

Post by Zachrulez »

StrangerCoug wrote:farside22 is a good bet to be making for scum here, guys. Go after her.
Maybe, I still prefer to see Lowell or Nhammen lynched, in that order.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:46 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

farside22 wrote:
Not at all. Still see your vote as opportunist, along with not actually reading the game.
My vote is opportunist? *scoffs* You have been supporting the hypocliam idea long after it was supposed to have been beaten down and explained to death why it favors scum. As for your other point, you're reading the game even less than I am; if you weren't, you would have attacked me over the "I don't care about hypoclaiming" statement close to when Jazzmyn did, not after she stopped doing so.
Zachrulez wrote:
If you can rack up enough Lowell supporters, I'll switch. He's scum too.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:47 am

Post by farside22 »

Zachrulez wrote:
The only thing I can see with lowell is an interaction I pointed to before with his vote on you vs Mr.Suave
Doesn't makes sense.
Nhammen is just as quiet as the rest, hasn't offered much and I see little to no interaction with him to others.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:49 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Unvote, Vote: Lowell
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:50 am

Post by farside22 »

My vote is opportunist? *scoffs* You have been supporting the hypocliam idea long after it was supposed to have been beaten down and explained to death why it favors scum. As for your other point, you're reading the game even less than I am; if you weren't, you would have attacked me over the "I don't care about hypoclaiming" statement close to when Jazzmyn did, not after she stopped doing so.
No I was arguing with Jazz about my position at the time of the quotes and why I changed my mind before you voted. But please do try and use quotes where when you voted I was saying those exact words.....Remember when you voted not when I said it the first time in regards to lowell's comment.
I later again before your vote conceded that having the tailor corrupts the investigation results making it harder for the town. I conceded in my post and used examples when I was scum how it helped narrow down the PR claims but did not garentee a scum easily finding the PR in question.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:00 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

OK, I can believe that. Looks like I'm going after my #2.

Unvote: farside22
Vote: Lowell

Same reason as last time.

Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

I've been re-reading.
farside22 wrote:I'm going to go over the hypo claim and where my thoughts on it came from first

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8924

This is the game I was mod in. They did a hypoclaim for the cop (fbi) and even though I knew who the cop was it actually confused the mafia more then helped. If fact
the mafia guessed completely wrong and lost.

Jazz wrote:Very different game there, no mafia kills, a SK, no scum chat to look at (that I could see), no evidence that the hypoclaim didn't help them, no evidence that the "mafia guessed completely wrong and lost", particularly in light of a SK making an entirely ludicrous fake claim of being the FBI agent and then self hammering, and frankly entirely irrelevant.
Upon further review, not only was that game completely different than this one, and not only did it provide
no
evidence of hypoclaiming being helpful to the town as farside claimed,
she lied
about the outcome. The mafia didn't lose that game as she claimed, the mafia WON that game.

Confirm vote: farside

Also @farside: was your post 353 supposed to be a complete answer to my case on you? Because if so, it's pretty poor and you ignored a bunch of things. Please address them. Here, let me point them out to you.
in post 40, she tries to gloss over Kitty asking Zach what behaviour he finds scummy. Zach was absolutely right not to answer that question whether he's town or scum, because it only helps scum. So, why was farside so eager to get an answer to the question in the face of a reasonable objection to it?
Well? Why were you so eager to get an answer to a question that could help scum, in the face of a reasonable objection to it?
There's a lot of defending/buddying going on between farside and Kitty throughout day 1, in my view (from farside's very first post, in fact).
Why didn't you address this?
There is no scumhunting and no analysis, and that is just not the town-farside to whom I have grown accustomed.
Why didn't you address this?
Jazz wrote:In 141, she simply regurgitates points that others had already made, again to me it looks like she's just trying to pretend to scumhunt.
farside wrote:In 140 Mr.Suave asked what question. I quoted the question in 141. I don't see your point here.
Are you not even reading? Try again. In 140,
you
quoted a previous question to MrSuave. In 141, you were simply regurgitating things that others had said.
farside wrote:Would you like some wine with that cheese? I voted for Suave for his misinterperpation of meta on Nik.
Uh huh. First you voted Nik because of MrS' meta on him, then you voted MrS for misinterpreting his meta on Nik. (Misinterpreting? Not misrepresenting?) In either case, you voted Nik without knowing or caring whether MrS' meta on Nik was accurate or whether MrS had misinterpreted or misrepresented it, and you voted MrS for "backtracking" it appears.
farside22 wrote:KittyMo - first post of the game in order to threaten anyone from RVS.
Wait, what? You were defending/buddying KittyMo all of Day 1, and didn't you specifically say that there was nothing wrong with KittyMo's opening post? (I didn't think there was anything wrong with her first post either, ftr) But after I called you out for defending/buddying her, suddenly you see her entry post as 'threatening'? And now you're "leaning neutral to scum" on her? Holy 180, Batman. It sure looks like you were buddying up to her on Day 1 and have now decided to drop the act.
StrangerCoug wrote:farside22 and Lowell are scum
This is a very strong possibility, indeed.

The way I see it, there is definitely scum among: farside, nik, SC, MrS and Lowell. None of the first four were on the Lowell wagon and they allowed a no-lynch to occur instead while leaving their votes in useless places, even though none of these four players expressed a desire for a no-lynch, none of them expressed the view that Lowell was a townie or that it was a bad lynch, and none of them were VLA or gave any indication that they would not be around at the deadline. The only question is how many scum are among them?

I think farside and Lowell for starters.

More to follow.

Regards,
Jazz
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by MrSuave »

Lowell is at L-?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Jazzmyn wrote:I've been re-reading.
farside22 wrote:I'm going to go over the hypo claim and where my thoughts on it came from first

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8924

This is the game I was mod in. They did a hypoclaim for the cop (fbi) and even though I knew who the cop was it actually confused the mafia more then helped. If fact
the mafia guessed completely wrong and lost.

Jazz wrote:Very different game there, no mafia kills, a SK, no scum chat to look at (that I could see), no evidence that the hypoclaim didn't help them, no evidence that the "mafia guessed completely wrong and lost", particularly in light of a SK making an entirely ludicrous fake claim of being the FBI agent and then self hammering, and frankly entirely irrelevant.
Upon further review, not only was that game completely different than this one, and not only did it provide
no
evidence of hypoclaiming being helpful to the town as farside claimed,
she lied
about the outcome. The mafia didn't lose that game as she claimed, the mafia WON that game.

Confirm vote: farside
I read up to that point.

What... the... fuck?

Unvote: Vote: Farside

Yeah, that's good enough for me I think.

Return to “Completed Open Games”