tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:35 am

Post by tubby216 »

answer why id rofl scummy???
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:36 am

Post by Cobalt »

Okay, wow. Much has become clear. Thanks much, rofl.
unvote vote TBM

Richard is next, though, Mr Lurking Is A Strategic Choice.
hatersgonnahate.gif
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:40 am

Post by RichardGHP »

Cobalt wrote:Richard is next, though, Mr Lurking Is A Strategic Choice.
This is my third game and I am still confused as to why lurking is a definite scum-tell.
Sopianae
Sopianae
Townie
Sopianae
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:50 am

Post by Sopianae »

I haven't done any reading today, sadly, but rofl is awesome.

vote: TheButtonmen

I'm not sure if I can do any big amounts of reading in the near future, so I'd really appreciate if the following people were to give me a concise summary of Day 2 so far, including strategy discussion, scumhunting, wagons, and anything else you find relevant: Nuwen, Socrates, RichardGHP, Plum. No need for any quotes or links, I'll find them myself if needed.
[i]sophae, sophistae, sopianae[/i]
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:14 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

RichardGHP wrote:
This is my third game and I am still confused as to why lurking is a definite scum-tell.
As lurking scum, you should be exquisitely aware of all the advantages you are deriving from keeping a low profile. Unfortunately, we're on to that strategy of not implicating oneself while letting other players take the risks, and associated flak for wrong decisions.

For this you will die today.

I hope you understand now.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:19 am

BTW is there one mafia or two mafias in this game? Because I don't think Buttonmen would be scum with Richard.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Cobalt »

DrippingGoofball wrote:BTW is there one mafia or two mafias in this game? Because I don't think Buttonmen would be scum with Richard.
Still unknown :S
hatersgonnahate.gif
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:41 am

Cobalt wrote:Still unknown :S
OK then, I say we go ahead and kill RichardGHP too.

But first, Buttonmen.

GO GO GO

MOAR VOATS

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:49 am

Post by roflcopter »

i would be satisfied with buttonmen and richard dying
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by Cobalt »

what about tubby?
hatersgonnahate.gif
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by Socrates »

I have a hunch about something, and until I can confirm it one way or the other, I am not comfortable lynching Richard today.

vote:The Buttonmen
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:07 pm

Socrates wrote:I am not comfortable lynching Richard today.
Drats. If you only knew how irrationally angry deliberate lurkers make me...

Sopianae
Sopianae
Townie
Sopianae
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by Sopianae »

Cobalt wrote:what about tubby?
I second this. Why does everyone seem to have forgotten his uncalled-for vanilla claim?
[i]sophae, sophistae, sopianae[/i]
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by ortolan »

Buttonmen is a good wagon, based on behaviour in rofl's qt and that he is another player who I don't recall hearing anything meaningful from all game. I wouldn't mind hearing his side of the QT interaction first though.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:
As lurking scum, you should be exquisitely aware of all the advantages you are deriving from keeping a low profile. Unfortunately, we're on to that strategy of not implicating oneself while letting other players take the risks, and associated flak for wrong decisions.

That's assuming that I am actually scum, and you are assuming the worst. The strategy I use (lurking) is not exclusively to let others take the risks, but to allow me to look things over in my head and in RL days to come, offer my thoughts. Yes, in part, I lurk to avoid suspicion - because I want to stay in the game, even though I win with whatever team I'm on, even if I die. It's a habit I've picked up over my few games.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by tubby216 »

RichardGHP wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:

That's assuming that I am actually scum, and you are assuming the worst. The strategy I use (lurking) is not exclusively to let others take the risks, but to allow me to look things over in my head and in RL days to come, offer my thoughts. Yes, in part, I lurk to avoid suspicion - because I want to stay in the game, even though I win with whatever team I'm on, even if I die. It's a habit I've picked up over my few games.
i throw the bs flsgg if you are lurking you are only serving yourself and not the town. thus you fail. thus you must be lynched.
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

tubby216 wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:

i throw the bs flsgg if you are lurking you are only serving yourself and not the town. thus you fail. thus you must be lynched.
But it's only Days 1/2 and maybe three that I plan to lurk. After that, you might be able to expect more out of me.

Think about this: I might lurk partly to avoid suspicion, so that I don't get lynched, so that the town doesn't lose one of their own and thus is one vote stronger? Does that make sense?

I don't see how lynching a lurker is good, at least on D2.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by tubby216 »

it is day two so now you die, enjoy
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:15 pm

RichardGHP wrote:But it's only Days 1/2 and maybe three that I plan to lurk. After that, you might be able to expect more out of me.
We've lynched enough players to overflow a medium sized morgue. I expect more out of you NOW. Or DIE.
RichardGHP wrote:Think about this: I might lurk partly to avoid suspicion, so that I don't get lynched, so that the town doesn't lose one of their own and thus is one vote stronger? Does that make sense?
It does NOT make sense. LOOK FOR SCUM - OR DIE.
RichardGHP wrote:I don't see how lynching a lurker is good, at least on D2.
It's a most excellent idea,
au contraire
my friend, this isn't just day 2, it's lynch #9 or something. It's like Day 9. You've lurked enough. We're going to kill you now.

Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by Cobalt »

RichardGHP wrote:
tubby216 wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:

But it's only Days 1/2 and maybe three that I plan to lurk. After that, you might be able to expect more out of me.

Think about this: I might lurk partly to avoid suspicion, so that I don't get lynched, so that the town doesn't lose one of their own and thus is one vote stronger? Does that make sense?

I don't see how lynching a lurker is good, at least on D2.
This is an extremely bad argument in several ways.
The number of lynches we are allowed per day is infinite. So far we have had 7 flips. That's a huge amount for a normal game. The resemblance between this game's Days and a standard game's Days are slim at best.
Lurking does not help town members avoid suspicion. It is a huge and widely accepted scumtell. Town members don't care about avoiding suspicion, they care about killing scum. The hypothetical benefits of not suspecting you because you are lurking are far outweighed by the suspicion you garner by lurking.
This is a 22 player game. The benefits of not contributing in hopes of living to endgame are much less than the benefits of contributing in the hopes of catching scum.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by Cobalt »

simul'd by DGB. How cuuuute~
hatersgonnahate.gif
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by ortolan »

Richard I have no experience with your meta, but the problem for you is that your predecessor was actively scummy (or at least I feel he is). You can't just negate that to a null-tell by not posting at all (if anything that in itself would normally be scummy, although I'm prepared to give you leeway based on your lack of experience). So yer, post some scumreads please.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by roflcopter »

RichardGHP wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:

kick the habit, or you will get policy lynched in every single game i ever see you in
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by TDC »

Vote Count #1

TheButtonmen (5): DrippingGoofball, roflcopter, Cobalt, Sopianae, Socrates
RichardGHP (1: tubby216
roflcopter (1): TheButtonmen

Not Voting (6): populartajo, Nuwen, HowardRoark, Phate, ortolan, Plum

8 to lynch

RichardGHP has requested replacement.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by ortolan »

that is a good outcome
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”