890: Cults of Darkness and Shadow - Game over!

semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Deathsauce should be looked at closer.

Chaco and Faraday are middle of the road in my eyes.

I can't get a good read on Magua, but he sees things clearly and his thought revolving around players and the game is correct. Not always an alignment tell, but I'd lean town with a cautious eye just in case.

Heilograph needs to do more.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Wow, way to take out a PR with you. Someone hamme him ffs.
I'm old now.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by semioldguy »

You shouldn't have claimed. There wasn't benefit to town from your claim. That was your mistake, not mine.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by semioldguy »

You outed yourself when there wasn't threat of your own lynch, one of the top two people you were okay with getting lynched was leading in incantations.

If you were the only town Guardian, you wouldn't be protected. If there was another town guardian, then it throws your case against me completely out the window. You point's against my protection being from scum would be invalidated. What you did made NO sense as town.

Also no one can hammer me. Deadline is passed three minutes after my incantation. We both are gone. If you are town, do something constructive with you posts. Post your opinions on other players. Answer the questions and points that were addressed to you.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by semioldguy »

EBWOP:
Actually there were still seven minutes after my incantation. No one even cared enough to be around at deadline to respond or make a post.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by semioldguy »

And as I said, I am town.

Tomorrow the town is going to look and see that I was targeted by a Guardian (or startransmission is a liar), which means a known town was targeted by a guardian. You are claiming to be another guardian and to not have protected me. Your mislynch is looking particularly appealing. You are going to have to defend youself based upon the presumption that (1) There are multiple town guardians, which you didn't believe; or (2) that scum guardian would target someone other than their buddy with a protection, which you also posted that you don't believe. That doesn't sound to good for you if you are town.

Unless startransmission was lying... I would have rather he been lynched. But I couldn't get him lynched because exactly Zero people were going along with that.

I'm still thinking you'll flip scum.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Percy »

The hum rises to a roar as semioldguy is pulled out of his chair. He holds on to his armrests with grim determination as the Ritual draws to a close. The points along the floor blaze with light.

With precious few minutes remaining, semioldguy makes a decision. "If I'm going down, I'm taking you with me, SerialClergyman!"

With a roar, he clutches his insignia and yells the words of the Incantation, slipping from his seat and spiralling into the centre. SerialClergyman soars out of his seat, and both meet in a great clash. You shield your eyes, and the deafening roar abruptly stops, to be replaced by an even louder silence. The afterimage of the two victims, still struggling at their final moments, takes hours to fade.

Night falls.

semioldguy was a
Member of the Order of the Light
SerialClergyman was a
Guardian
of the Cult of Darkness

Second Ritual Final Incantation Count

semioldguy - 3 (Chaco, SerialClergyman, startransmission)
SerialClergyman - 3 (Deathsauce, Snow_Bunny, semioldguy)

Heilograph - 2 (Magua, Faraday)
Snow_Bunny - 1 (Heilograph)
Chaco - 1 (dramonic)

You have until 6:00pm Thursday the 7th of January (site time) to submit your Night actions to me.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:06 am

Post by Percy »

The cold and unforgiving night is once again dispelled by the coming of the glorious dawn. One less in number, you assemble in the council chambers to once again conduct the Ritual of Cleansing Fire.

Time grows short - when you assemble, five points are already beaming their holy light to the heavens.

Magua was killed by members of the
Shadow Cult
, and was a
Guardian
of the
Order of the Light

With 7 alive, it currently takes 7 Incantations to complete the Ritual.

The Ritual will take only 6 Incantations to complete on Sunday January 10th at 6pm (site time)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Faraday »

Okay, so Serial flipping scum was a slight surprise for me. Especially after his claim.

I want to go back and read the day. I'm going to tentatively assume that the Darkness cult have been eliminated, although Sc's play is *even* weirder then, it's effectively claiming doc as the last member of a scum group, and putting a nk target on yourself but with the lack of night kill I think it's more likely.

That means the other cult likely have a power role too, for balance, or they've got 3 members (for uneven scum groups see Emerald City Mafia) although I don't know how that'd work in a mini game.

If there *are* 3 though that would make this probable lylo, so just a word of warning to that.
If they've 2 men they've either got a Guardian or Dreamwalker, I can see use for both.

Heliograph and Dramonic are both in severe need of content first off, Heliograph just completely ignored everything @ the end of yesterday which is off and dram hasn't been around for a while.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:54 am

Post by startransmission »

Well, it appears we were correct in assuming scum teams of two. So, I guess that's it for darkness, and there are still two shadow running around.

I'm sorry SOG, my shame is almost too great to bear. Flawed logic sinks ships.

I don't have any suspects at the moment, with the exception of Dramonic. My investigation last night resulted in me finding someone innocent, so I don't have any good leads.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

SOG lynch was retarded, really. And I'm calling it a scum gambit. Gotta reread the last few pages, though.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by Faraday »

startransmission wrote:Well, it appears we were correct in assuming scum teams of two. So, I guess that's it for darkness, and there are still two shadow running around.

I'm sorry SOG, my shame is almost too great to bear. Flawed logic sinks ships.

I don't have any suspects at the moment, with the exception of Dramonic. My investigation last night resulted in me finding someone innocent, so I don't have any good leads.
I'd reccomend you give us this innocent before the end of the day, I'd say wait a bit to see how things pan out.

Yeah and there's probably 2 of each, but better to be safe than sorry.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by Chaco »

Yeah, I thought his claim was legit since no one CCd, but even then there could have been two.

And great play by SOG, honestly, that was good.

Start, your middle line of your last post seems insincere. Just a feeling.

Dramonic, has continued to do nothing, and posts once like every seven days.

Rereading.
Heilograph
Heilograph
Goon
Heilograph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by Heilograph »

Ill re read the thread now. Any big things i should know about (so i know what to take notes on?)
Wondering if they will ever make a mafiascum app for iPhone...

I'm a turtle!!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by dramonic »

Chaco wrote:Dramonic, has continued to do nothing, and posts once like every seven days.

Rereading.
Hey, it's the holiday season for me too you know :S

Also rereading, but...

I've a funny feeling bout Start.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by Chaco »

I feel like I've been a dick to you, in the beginning of the game. So I'll apologize for that. Sorry. However, using the Holidy season as an excuse over the stretch of almost a month isn't acceptable in my book. You have had mainly one liners and very little comment. I can quote about 3, maybe more, calls for you to voice your open. All were left unreplied.

So for now, I am going to park my vote on you.
Incant: Dramonic
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by dramonic »

well, I was referring to inactivity between the 24th and 5th.

before that its totally my fault ^_^;
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Chaco »

Elaborate on your funny feeling involving Start, please.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by startransmission »

Chaco wrote:Start, your middle line of your last post seems insincere. Just a feeling.
And I can see why you feel that way. But it is sincere, I feel like an ass. I debated to myself for a while before revealing my role, and I really thought I had it worked that SOG
had
to be scum. I feel shitty about it, FTR.

And as Faraday suggested, I will wait to see what people do before I reveal who I investigated. It's not terribly exciting as the result was innocent, but I want to see who casts suspicion on who first.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

Start is still possibly a liar and I am not at all comfortable with any assumptions about the size of the scum teams.

Earlier in the game I said:
DeathSauce wrote: Also, Chaco's sudden defense of Serial is noted.
Take a look back, it happened more than once.

Incant:Chaco[/b}
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

Bah,
Incant:Chaco
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by Chaco »

DeathSauce wrote:...and I am not at all comfortable with any assumptions about the size of the scum teams.
Why's that? You're thinking one side has 3? Which means for it to be a scum team meaning the other has 2. So 5 people in this game are scum? Leaving only 7 players to town. That doesn't seem right at all, and there's no way there's a one man scum team as all that would be is an SK, which is not in this game.

FoS: Deathsauce
Heilograph
Heilograph
Goon
Heilograph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by Heilograph »

And as Faraday suggested, I will wait to see what people do before I reveal who I investigated. It's not terribly exciting as the result was innocent, but I want to see who casts suspicion on who first.
I would myself be very interested to Learn te results , start any ideas on when you would believe it is approiate to show the results?
Wondering if they will ever make a mafiascum app for iPhone...

I'm a turtle!!
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

Chaco wrote:
DeathSauce wrote:...and I am not at all comfortable with any assumptions about the size of the scum teams.
Why's that? You're thinking one side has 3? Which means for it to be a scum team meaning the other has 2. So 5 people in this game are scum? Leaving only 7 players to town. That doesn't seem right at all, and there's no way there's a one man scum team as all that would be is an SK, which is not in this game.

You're suspicious of me for not trying to outguess the mod? Not seeing any reason to defend myself against that.

It would be perhaps more enlightening if you were to explain why you defended Serial, but since you chose not to do so, I'm really comfortable with my vote.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by Chaco »

DeathSauce wrote:
Chaco wrote:

You're suspicious of me for not trying to outguess the mod? Not seeing any reason to defend myself against that.

It would be perhaps more enlightening if you were to explain why you defended Serial, but since you chose not to do so, I'm really comfortable with my vote.
Point out in what posts I defended him, and I will do so. All I remember doing is saying there's no reason to doubt his claim at that time. I don't exactly call that defending.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”