899 FABLES- THE GRIMMAFIA GAME - The End. Mod Sucks.

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:50 pm

Post by Mina »

Wait! I just remembered something.

MonkeyMan576, when I asked you this--
Mina wrote:Anyway, if you made a mistake, then could you explain why you suspected malp? Was it 1), 2), or 3)? Did I misinterpret anything you said?
--you responded by giving a list of reasons for why you suspected malp in the first place:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:I suspected malp because his initial vote was in error,
inconsistant and not fair.
He accused me of voting the mod
when it was part of the rules, not attacking a god.

He then said he himself had voted the mod.
Another inconsistancy so his vote was a fraud.
After analysis Kpaca's sins were far worse.
Hence my changing my vote, not because of others curse.
But I didn't express myself clearly. When people asked you why you were more suspicious of malpascp than of kpaca, you said it was because of this:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:Mal never gave a responce.
So he is suspicious for the neauonce.
Also changing a vote requires more scrutiny
than merely placing a vote can be seen as one's duty.
I wasn't sure what you meant by that, but I proved that it was wrong no matter how I interpreted it here. So you acknowledged it was a mistake.

But even if it was a mistake, what did you originally mean by that "response" comment?

I'll try to stop pestering you after this.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:53 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

This game is moving a little fast. I'm not sure who to listen to, really. I need a bandwagon to hop on, direction unknown.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:08 pm

Post by Mina »

Damn, ABR beat me to the triple. :(

To be honest, I'm getting a mixed read from you, Jazzmyn--some of your comments are insightful, but others seem
very
nitpicky, as if you're stretching to find dirt on people.

Whew. This is gigantic. Answering your points on me:

---------
first post is 183, she comes in two days after the game has started and sets immediately about defending/buddying kpaca, and defending/buddying malp. How does Mina know that malp was “joking” when he voted for MM on page 1? Malp never said it was a joke and it wasn’t obvious that it was a joke.
*twitch* Buddying. That's...*takes a deep breath and counts to twenty, locks away weapons and sharp objects*...my very favourite scumtell. *plasters on Stepford Wife smile*

I'll give you that my quasi-defence of kpaca could be buddying (although I'd argue smart scum would buddy with an influential townie rather than an easy lynch target)...but malpascp? I questioned malp in the very same post. Since I was attacking MonkeyMan for leaving a bad vote on malp, obviously I'm forced to indirectly defend malp.

And Iecerint explained it here, but if someone votes for the mod, says, "Dude, you can't vote for the mod!" to the next person to vote Grimmy, then says "I also voted for the mod" when the person accuses him of not reading his PM...well,
duh
. Obviously, it's a joke.

--------------
calling out others (Dragons, Jazz) when she wasn’t here herself is pretty poor, too. At least I had participated by then and drew attention to a potential slip that nobody else had noticed.
1) I explained in 219 why I singled out you and DragonsofSummer. You were clearly paying attention to the thread, but your only thoughts were on a typo. Sure, your question was reasonable...but my problem was that it was the ONLY thing you bothered to comment on. It's a very safe, easy point that makes you look helpful, but doesn't risk anything or antagonize people. In my limited experience as scum, it's umpteen times easier to question someone on a detail like that than to fake a suspect list or a case.

2) You're doing the same thing I did to Sociopath (and in my case, I wasn't questioning his alignment, just being a surly bitch). Ad hominems don't refute an argument. My coming late doesn't invalidate my criticisms of non-contributors/active lurkers.

-----------
206 is poor too, as she relies on “didn’t the other players say that you’re a chronic lurker?” in order to call Socio a “pot calling the kettle black” and that’s pretty disingenuous for a couple of reasons: 1) “the other players” didn’t say that; rather a couple of other players said that – she’s inflating it to make it sound like everyone in the game said that when it wasn’t the case; 2) she’s purporting to rely upon it without bothering to find out if it’s true; and 3) she’s using it in a tu quoque manner. Personally, I don’t know if it’s true or not, having never played with Socio before (or anyone else in this game except for MonkeyMan and kpaca, I believe) but I would never rely upon someone else’s statement of alleged fact in that manner without verifying it for myself.
Most of your points on me were okay, but this one is just reaching. What nefarious motives would scum have for making it sound like every player thought SP was a lurker? Particularly since I didn't even say I suspected him? Obviously I meant that all the people who'd mentioned SP's meta said he was a lurker. Anyway, why shouldn't I take the word of several people on something as easy to verify as meta?

----------
has to retract a couple of things in her very next post (to her credit, she DID retract them, but it does show that she wasn’t reading very carefully at all, and it looks like she just jumped in to start defending/buddying without paying attention to much)
This should be an obvious null tell; townies and scum slip up on irrelevant details. In the same post, you made a couple of slips yourself:
1)
Says that Mordy hadn’t explained his vote, when he clearly had, and which if either
malp
or Mina had been paying attention, they would have known that Mordy was referring to Ray’s prior post
(emphasis mine)
It was kpaca who'd asked Mordy about his vote.

2)
In his post 171, he votes kpaca with weak reasoning (no meta, no gender selection, so he thinks kpaca’s an alt).
I asked him about this (interesting that you suspect me, but made similar points as me on MM), and MM already explained himself here.

While I'm at it, speaking of not reading very carefully, your notes on MM skipped a lot of important stuff. Everything before his kpaca vote, all his interaction with me (you thought my slip-up was worth mentioning, but not my case on MM). Is there any reason you didn't mention that stuff? Were you just not paying attention? Did you find it irrelevant?

And since you seem to have ignored much of my back-and-forth with MM, what do you think of this post by MM? MM also admitted to making a mistake--and only when called on it. Do you think MM is more likely to be scum because of that comment?

Ugh, I wanted to comment on a few of Mordy's earlier posts, but it's late and I have to wake up early. Maybe tomorrow.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:15 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:This game is moving a little fast. I'm not sure who to listen to, really. I need a bandwagon to hop on, direction unknown.
ABR, you can trust your ol' buddy Tiger! :wink:

Together now, we should
vote: mina
don't you feel silly now?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:02 am

Post by Iecerint »

I wanna hear what she comes up with on Mordy, first. Cause I literally have no idea.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:17 am

Post by Gerhard Krause »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:This game is moving a little fast. I'm not sure who to listen to, really. I need a bandwagon to hop on, direction unknown.
Not even close to good enough,
unvote, Vote: ABR
until you post some stuff.

A bandwagon to hop on??
WTF are you high on??

If you don't make your opinions abundantly clear,
I'm going to lynch you right here.

Recognize this, bitch.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:56 am

Post by Mina »

*sigh*

I'm starting to wonder if people are reading my walls of text, but here you are, Iecerint.

I'm paranoid about MordyS mainly because I followed 873 (which just ended). There, he read as obvobvobvtown to me the whole game. He was also
way
more active, opinionated, and passionate. This rant, in which he goes ballistic because a bandwagon builds on a player he thinks is townie, reeks genuineness. But this game, he's been a lot more low-key and sheepy so far.

Now, these posts ring alarm bells. (And yes, I know that by attacking Mordy's case on kpaca, I'm indirectly defending kpaca. I. Don't. Care.)
MordyS wrote:(Also, yes, this focus on people rhyming is a good way to take an easily defensible, not particularly contentious -- or scummy to be sure -- position. It's not scumhunting. Now, you may believe that rhyming makes it more difficult to scumhunt, and thereby request that people not do it unless they must. But to use rhyming as the foundation of your scumhunting screams opportunistic scum tactic to me. And your response to my vote -- "just so I'm clear mordy, you're voting me for wanting people to not rhyme if they didn't have to" -- strikes me as more as the same. God forbid your position draw fire or something?)
This point is kind of twisting kpaca's words, since kpaca never said anything about basing his scumhunting on posting restrictions. Also, the last line ("God forbid your position draw fire or something?") rubs my gut the wrong way. It sounds phony.

But whatever. Kpaca defends himself by saying all he meant was that people shouldn't fake posting restrictions. Then Mordy writes this headscratcher:
MordyS wrote:Why wouldn't you push someone for lying about a post restriction? That seems like a pretty anti-town thing to do. I mean, I guess I could understand someone faking a PR to have a bit more fun, and then refusing to back down out of some kind of misguided staunchness. But wouldn't that person deserve a little censure? Or at least a little pushing?
Okay...WTF? First, this is almost a complete 180 from your other quote. You say you suspect him for using posting restrictions to scumhunt, but when he says that he was just telling them not to do it, then you criticize him for NOT pushing people who fake posting restrictions hard enough? Again. W. T. F. It sounds as if you're looking for excuses to stay on the bandwagon.

Second of all, there was already a huge discussion on whether people should fake prs--in which people argued that there were important flavour reasons.

Since Mordy thinks it's "anti-town" to fake one, you'd think he'd have participated in that discussion. Instead, he suspects kpaca--who has been the biggest voice against faking posting restrictions--for
not pushing hard enough against them

Weird, weird, WEIRD.

Mordy, I've seen you play as town, so I know you're a strong player who usually doesn't make these kinds of mistakes. Any explanation for these contradictions? Is there anything I'm missing?
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:56 am

Post by Mina »

That said, I think kpaca's defence to Mordy's second quote was pretty weak. And this is a good point:
MordyS wrote:Kpaca hasn't posted since Monday, which is coincidentally since the pressure started to come down hard on him. Townies fight for their lives, scum hide until the pressure blows over imo.
(I'm a little annoyed by kpaca's disappearance, because now I'm getting heat for not supporting his wagon while everyone's forgotten him. Dude, you could at least pop up and accuse me of buddying you or something.)
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:57 am

Post by Mina »

EBWOP: I meant to say, "in which people argued that there were important flavour reasons to fake posting restrictions."
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:16 am

Post by Iecerint »

The 180 is actually a very good point, I think. Given a belief that faking the PRs is anti-town in this case, kpaca was literally the least obvious player for Mordy to attack. (When you prior said "Mordy's early posts," I thought you were talking about his "RF doesn't like people in his face" posts. Which would've sorta been beating a dead horse.)

I don't think Mordy necessarily lurks more as scum, though. Refer to Moviestar Madness, where he was scum and literally everyone thought he was town (scum lost, but only because the SK happened to kill Mordy the penultimate night). I agree that his visibility here seems less than in that game or in the Newbie game I played with him, but that perception could be colored by the comparatively high activity in this game, especially early-game.

Then again, MM was a no-reveal game, so that probably afforded him a lot more flexibility. I'd be interested to read a more traditional scumMordy game.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:53 am

Post by MordyS »

I can link to some traditional scum games. Activity isn't a good barometer for my alignment. At the moment I'm kinda busy (I just finished a very intensive game too, which Mina was following, and which culminating in a heart-breaking loss, so I'm a tad burnt out on copious posting -- it'll increase).

As for kpaca, I understand why you're confused, but you shouldn't be. There are two positions here and you're conflating them. On one hand there's my position on faking PR restrictions (I believe it's anti-town). However, I assume they're not fake unless there's a reason to believe otherwise. I've seen no reason to believe otherwise. And I'm willing to admit that there may be very extenuating circumstances that would make faking a PR restriction not 100% anti-town. (For example someone mentioned giving cover to a PR player.) That said, I'd never fake one for pro-town reasons, and I find that very iffy. In other words, I'm a tad conflicted about it, and it certainly isn't going to drive my scumhunting. Which leads obviously to this next point:
Mina wrote:Since Mordy thinks it's "anti-town" to fake one, you'd think he'd have participated in that discussion. Instead, he suspects kpaca--who has been the biggest voice against faking posting restrictions--for not pushing hard enough against them.
I'm not willing to base my scumhunting off this and just because I may think it's scummy doesn't give that a free pass to people who agree. And in fact, someone could scumhunt based on it and I'll find that very scumhunting scummy. Which brings us to the second position, kpaca's position.

On one hand he believes that he should hunt people for faking PR's, and that even constitutes the bulk (if not the entirety) of his scum-hunting. But simultaneously he says he won't push people for doing so. If you won't push people on it, why bring it up? If it's scummy enough to mention it's scummy enough to push on. If it isn't scummy enough to mention, why bring it up unless you're trying to create the facade of scumhunting. (Not to mention that in my opinion, he WAS scumhunting with it, and when he came under fire he backed off.)
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
kpaca
kpaca
Townie
kpaca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:15 am

Post by kpaca »

Sorry, my apartment complex has been having some internet diffuculties the last couple days. Monday is my birthday and I'm celebrating with my family tonight, but I will post content tomorrow.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:28 am

Post by Iecerint »

OK. Makes sense.
MordyS wrote:However, I assume they're not fake unless there's a reason to believe otherwise. I've seen no reason to believe otherwise.
Reread the first two pages to extrapolate said reasons if you want. It will probably contextualize the early-game discussion. Not that I think the presence of reasons should/would affect your perspective.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:48 am

Post by MordyS »

I understand, there's this theory that fake-PR's cloud the text enough to give the scum-player a way to avoid analysis. I'm skeptical of that theory however. PR's tend to draw more attention to the person, not less, and outside your DGB example, I'm not aware of many successful scum attempts to duck heat by using a fake-PR. I could maybe buy an idiot scumster trying a fake-PR because they believe it'll help, maybe. But I don't think it'll actually help.

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:55 am

Post by Mina »

In fairness, I have no problems with your level of activity, Mordy, and you definitely haven't been lurking. It's more that when you do post, it's a bit low-key. A lot of it is just my gut--the tone of your posts isn't scummy, but it doesn't ring with the same sincerity as in 873. But this is crazy Lalaland talk, and your explanation for the inconsistency between posts makes sense, so I'll let it go. If you have scum meta, that would be helpful.

Since it seems as though some people are falling behind on the thread, I'll cut back on posting for a bit to give them a chance to catch up. There are several players whose reactions/answers/opinions I'm eagerly awaiting.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Iecerint »

Err, my point was that there may or may not be evidence on those pages implying that one or more of the PRs is feigned. I thought it was topical because you said you didn't see a reason to believe one or more might be feigned. It's nice to know that said evidence exists because it means that the early game discussion of the topic wasn't totally irrelevant to what was actually happening in this game.

I agree with everything you said in that post, though.

(Speaking of that DGB game -- how do you make all those fancy smilies? I know there are 22 available via the "Smilies" button, but DGB was doing all kinds of crazy stuff.)
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:03 am

Post by MordyS »

Yeah. I feel kinda low-key. First I was just distracted by that other game and then -- meh. Well, you saw the finale. I even thought about replacing out cause I was so disappointed, but I figure I'll be happier if I just get more involved in a new game. Anyway, here's some regular game scum meta:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11594

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:18 am

Post by Iecerint »

That game is highly informative, but do you have anything a little more recent? That was 6 months ago.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Iecerint »

(EBWOP: That was 6 months ago,
and you were lynched D2
.)
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:22 am

Post by MordyS »

That and the Movie Madness games were the only two games where I've been scum on the forums. You can drop by the IRC channel tho and watch me play there. I'm there fairly often. :P

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:23 am

Post by Iecerint »

Nevermind. Assuming your wiki is complete, that's all there is. Ah well.

I thought to ask for something more recent because I imagine you'd change your strategy after being lynched D2 using it.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:24 am

Post by MordyS »

Meh. It wasn't my fault I was lynched D2. My partner was completely spaced out the entire game. She did the most ineffectual bussing I've ever seen.

Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

Where the fuck is Albert B. Rampage?
He better get here before we all die of old age.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by RayFrost »

ABR is a slow reader.

Let him get caught up before his awesomeness graces us all. :?
don't you feel silly now?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I get an initial gut feeling about Mordy being scum. Lots of WIFOMy logic and turning in circles that I find suspicious.

Unvote, Vote: MordyS
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”