Open 184: Friends and Enemies Mafia (Over)

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by farside22 »

Farside, you have to understand that mafia can give the appearance of genuine frustration also. If everyone here decided to have a hissy fit, would you read us all as frustrated townie? Mafia can AtE in ways that aren't even direct. It's their job to make you view them in a certain light.
Trust me I'm well aware of scum doing that. But again your case is about hewitt/neto comment.
1) hewitt as far as I found was never at l-1
2) neto defended DLA and CSL but never defended hewitt
3) hewitt never understood the case on neto and frankly neither did I till ABR spilled it out. I would be a hypocrite to say he was scum for not seeing it.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by farside22 »

Ojanen wrote:
farside22 wrote:So you don't see either SC or DLA as possible scum connected to Neto?
It's possible (scum is 2 out of Kise, Scigatt, DLA, hewitt, Serial), but for me it's definitely far from definite in contrast to your current opinion.
See I looked at hewitt too and just some things bothered me
Scum bussing: Sure possible neto threaten but both DLA and serial voted on that (I think saber did but I would have to look back) If hewitt is scum with neto would all scum be on that wagon against him?
Scigatt/Saber is in the back of my mind......just something tells me town. Idk saber is all over the place when it comes to players and Scigatt wasn't any type of info at all.
Kise: He's building a case on hewitt that can be stated so far for 2 other players. It's weak and it's not anything that I can't say about DLA or SC.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by Kise »

Netopalis wrote:Wow....Sorry, folks, I've been insanely busy as of late. Cases to come later tonight. Suffice it to say thta I really am not liking Ellibereth right now for her posts which just barely avoid replacement. I also don't like her putting Hewitt at L-1 without clearly stating a reason.
So... hewitt wasn't at L-1, again, you say?
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Kise earlier wrote:Nah I'm looking at SC based on his interactions & slips against Albert, plus CSL's behavior doesn't help. SC tried to lie to me and say that CSL self-voted when he wasn't in trouble... Well, hello!? CSL had 3 votes (iirc) on him before he self-voted. SC tried to mislead me at the end of yesterday and that only further digs him in the hole as far as I'm concerned.
Saying that SC lied seems to be a lie from Kise, and I don't like that.
Totally can't see it. Quotes please or it didn't happen.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by Kise »

farside22 wrote:
unvote
vote: CSL
Albert B. Rampage wrote:??

Unvote, vote CSL
DarkLightA wrote:Unofficial Vote Count based on Albert's unofficial vote count in post 369
CSL (2) - farside22, Albert
(DLA accidentally listed saber so this quote is edited as it should be, FYI)
Shotty to the Body wrote:Ridiculous, fine. DLA tomorrow.

unvote vote CSL
CSL wrote:Eh, I'd replace out, but it wouldn't do anyone any good, now will it?

The only way I'd get out of this game is if I
Unvote
and quite possibly
Vote: CSL
There were others voting him, but they unvoted and went elsewhere. So, yeah, I'd say CSL is in trouble when he's got people that won't unvote for 4-5 pages.
danakillsu wrote:
This is an open game.
Does that mean I can join the game?
Raffle.

I need to figure out whether the team is hewitt-farside or SC-Ojajen... remind me gals, why am I scummy to you?

Yet…
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by farside22 »

Kise wrote:
Netopalis wrote:Wow....Sorry, folks, I've been insanely busy as of late. Cases to come later tonight. Suffice it to say thta I really am not liking Ellibereth right now for her posts which just barely avoid replacement. I also don't like her putting Hewitt at L-1 without clearly stating a reason.
So... hewitt wasn't at L-1, again, you say?
I counted 5 votes against him I could go back and recount at that time but there was no official vote count at that time to reference
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by farside22 »

hewitt vote notes;

hewitt (6) - ABR, CSL, Shotty, dla, saber, elibereth

CSL unvotes at 253
revotes on 273
Netopalis wrote:Wow....Just wow. Bitter much, Hewitt?

I have to throw in analysis of two players here...I think that their acts are extremely important.

First, Hewitt. Hewitt's overly aggressive defense is more than a bit troublesome, as are his bitter tirades towards the latter half of the game as it stands. I would not have suspected him had we not gotten into all of this with him.

That being said, I also have to post a few things about ABR....I really don't like ABR's statement asking people to pick whether they would lynch him or Hewitt. To me, that seems like scum that has found an easy target, but is too lazy to substantiate a claim. I know that ABR is an extremely lazy player (Love ya, but you are...) so this may just be his modus operandi, but I think that there may be something behind it.

First stop for the lynch wagon is, of course, Hewitt. ABR, I know it's kind of pointless now, but can you please explain why you originally suspected him? This is more so that I can analyze your play than it is so that I can analyze his.

Withholding a vote until questions are answered. Once I'm satisfied, I'll be happy to drop the hammer.

post 287 (about 4 post later DLA unvotes)

basically by the time neto gets around to hammer he does the pose let me ask some pointless questions and call both people out.
After this the hewitt wagon dies down when neto makes that comment about willing to vote for either DLA or Hewitt
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by farside22 »

Lets not forget the post before he calls eli out saying it's a weak vote but willing to hammer hewitt for weak reason's himself
Another reason I just find it more likely then not that Hewitt is town.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

DarkLightA wrote:
SerialClergyman wrote:DLA, mind expanding on that read there? Is it your experience that town players tend to be disaffected?
Put it this way..
There's about 10 townies.
There's 2 scum.

Which team would need you more actively?
Ugh. Moral of the story is if you are posting often and searching for scum you're scummy and if you wanted to avoid suspicion you should lurk? If you even looked for 10 seconds you'll see I'm very active in all my games. You'll also see that Kise is typically not particularly active in most of his games. But even aside from that concern, if you choose between me and Kise based on activity and choose ME as the scum, I can only shake my head in disbelief.

Who do you think my partner is if I"m scum? Would you vote for kise?

Ojanen - I get what you are saying. I understand the paranoia, and I'm actually a big fan of judging people based on different criteria (as Hoopla found out in a recent game). So you know, no worries. The only thing I'd vaugely object to is your use of arguments about what I am doing vs what I should be doing - the reasoning that ran if we lynch town I'm likely to be the next lynch. Your careful approach works for you for catching scum, but every time I've done that I've made long, convincing cases on townies with stacks of confirmation bias. My theories often sound somewhat odd and I know other people don't like working in that way, but it's how I roll and the best cahnce I have of finding scum.

Think /inv 4 - you know how hard I pushed for us to lynch tajo. That was L-2. So if he was town, it was lylo and I'd have just pushed really hard to lynch a town power role. There was a good chance I had lost the town the game on a tajo townflip. Of course he was scum and we all lived happily ever after, but I'm aware that the flipside was much less rosy. Still - I don't know any other way to play the game successfully, so I'm going to keep rocking it. In the end, it's not really up to me if I get lynched or not, so I'm focusing on what I can control.

I don't even know why we're banging on about all this actually - back to scumhunting! :D

Vote kise
. Kise has given me nothing to suggest he's town, pairing hewitt with farside is a transparent attempt to get a mislynch with hewitt. Pairing Ojanen and me is attacking poor old Serial and the person who has done the most to defend him.

@Kise - This liar thing is an issue, but mainly because I couldn't remember arguing that CSL wasn't under pressure. In fact, I think the point is that he WAS under pressure. I find players are way too quick to use words like liar and misrep so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, but this is an importnat point so I'm going to spend a bit of time on it. To start, farside makes this point:
farside wrote:He picked the defeatist route without even defending himself. I mean seriously I read the game that is currently going on and I get the impression he goes out fighting when town over scum just based on meta.
Now just for the game voting for oneself without defending yourself can be looked at as a null but I don't know anyone I can think of who replaces out unless they are sick of mafia. He's still playing other games just fine.
So I think this has been negated just by nature of the fact that CSL has self-hammered in 5 seperate confirmed games apart from this one, twice as town and three times as scum.

But aside from that, I made the point that CSL's self-vote posts look much different. In this game he was downbeat and upset and acknowledged he'd made mistakes.

In the game quoted where he self-hammers as scum, he is quite upbeat, cheerily says you got me and wishes his scum team the best of luck.
SC wrote:Defeatist =/= scummy. It also isn't similar to when he was defeated as scum and was upbeat, jovially said that they got him and cheered on his team.
You (Kise) then challenged not my conclusion, but the circumstances:
kise wrote:CSL did read like defeated scum. He had 3 other players voting for him before his self-vote.
So you've missed the point. The point is that CSL SOUNDS different in his self-hammering posts. They are there for different REASONS. He does this same action as town and as scum, and he does it responding to pressure. Does that make more sense?
I'm old now.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Still not so sure about Kisescum.
Decided that the Sabre/Oj/Farside slots are all probably town.
Still torn over Serial.
I really really really want to wait for the 2 replacements we need before I vote.

Serial, who's Kisescum's buddy?
FLASH OF GREEN
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by farside22 »

Ellibereth wrote:Still not so sure about Kisescum.
Decided that the Sabre/Oj/Farside slots are all probably town.
Still torn over Serial.
I really really really want to wait for the 2 replacements we need before I vote.

Serial, who's Kisescum's buddy?
I think I know but I would like serial to answer that question too.

Yeah I decided a bit after reading OJ a bit more I'm leaning town. Just paranoia that gets to me when I see changes from day 1 to day 2 to day 3.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:13 pm

Hewitt, clearly. How could you not know that? Don't go back to D1 elli, I like D2 elli!
I'm old now.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:19 pm

Post by Kise »

Ah shit... just checked, you didn't lie to me. I mistook one of your old post (from December 11th, before I was even apart of the game) as something you recently said towards me to excuse CSL's self-vote.
Kise (Dec 28) wrote:
SerialClergyman (Dec 11) wrote:Defeatist =/= scummy. It also isn't similar to when he was defeated as scum and was upbeat, jovially said that they got him and cheered on his team.
CSL did read like defeated scum. He had 3 other players voting for him before his self-vote.
That's why I hate reading old shit.

RE: New Pairings: Isn't it obvious? Scum would want to keep their partners alive, so farside's revelation
today
that hewitt is town makes my nose twitch. On the other side, Ojajen has been right beneath your wings, Serial. I tend to think scum wouldn't blatantly buddy up, but it could be one of those new mindtricks I've talked about.

What's to say Neto's weak reasoning for contemplating a hewitt-hammer wasn't a tactic to discredit the wagon? I don't see why it's so friggin' far fetched to believe that scum need sloppy reasons to bus their partners. I always see scum hammer their partners and at least recycle cases the other players make.

{Off-Topic}
Serial, what made you think I was a PR in that old New York game of ours?

Yet…
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:26 am

Post by farside22 »

SerialClergyman wrote:Hewitt, clearly. How could you not know that? Don't go back to D1 elli, I like D2 elli!

Clearly how?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:00 am

Clearly as in I've been saying it since the start of the day.
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:07 am

Post by farside22 »

SerialClergyman wrote:Clearly as in I've been saying it since the start of the day.
Lets see the fact I can show Hewitt replaced out and was town and now kise is trying to build a case on him doesn't damn that view you have on how people "think" is actually based on something called scum hunting in there.

I think there was scum pushing kik personally. I think Kise is scum based on his play so far but also of the belief that at least one scum was not on Neto's lynch.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:07 am

Kise, you can check out the mafia QT of the game if you need more info (no idea why you're bringing it up) but it was a breadcrumb we thought you'd laid about killing mastin or kk or someone.. you very clearly said you were going to kill someone and we all thought you were serious and a vig.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:08 am

Farsidew, yes, that has occured to me, but afaik Kise only started pushing Hewitt scum when I started suspecting him. Last time he was mentioned was when he was having a go at ME for threatening to policyu him.
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:09 am

Post by farside22 »

I would still say hewitt disappearing is a null tell even with that one game. I know he is active in a game I'm modding and I don't know why he fades from one game and not from another.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:20 am

Post by Ojanen »

hewitt flaked from 2 and had a 10 day silence in another and stayed active in farside's game. more later.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:24 am

Post by DarkLightA »

farside22 wrote:
DarkLightA wrote:
farside22 wrote:
DarkLightA wrote:.
Kise - I think town, due to the utter lack of interest.
Seriously! :shock:
* grabs to OJ * Point to statement here.
This is incrediblly bad POV (point of view)

FOS: DLA
Huh? As a mafia Kise would be interested, and obviously he's placing other games before this one.
So does that make me scum in your book then?
Not sure about most people but I run across more scum that say next to nothing in the game, lurk and only come out to make a case when it's convient.
Not interested/active: Town tell
Interested/active:Null tell

I don't know.. I still think SC is a better bet than Kise.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:58 am

As far as my experience goes, the above is just factually incorrect.
I'm old now.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:06 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Reread enough times, not sure about Kise+hewitt but I can go with Kise.
Vote Kise
FLASH OF GREEN
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Kise »

I've suspected hewitt since the end of day 2:
Kise (Dec 28) wrote:hewitt doesn't look too good, commentary-wise. Yet, I don't think many players with a scum role would flood entire pages like this day 1. I always thought the predictable strategy was to coast through day 1 and avoid attention.

Interesting that Neto earlier said he didn't like saber's attacks on hewitt. Later when it's hewitt-versus-Albert, Neto doesn't hammer and wants questions answered first. He request a deadline extension when hewitt is quite close to a lynch.. I have to wonder what it is he wanted to delay -- More specifically, I'm wondering if he wanted to keep hewitt from being lynched. He later doesn't even vote for either, instead going off to play with Elli'.

HOS:
hewitt
Which reminds me, if hewitt is town, he would have died at deadline. Neto requested a deadline extension which would have prevented that. So if we're seeing this the same, Neto wanted hewitt-town to live? I don't see why he would give a crap when he could have just not even been bothered to request it. I can quote Neto's request for extension to prove this.

It's weird that you [SC] suspect hewitt also (as of today, you said?), but it's not deterring me. Looking at worst case scenario, town loses with two mislynches plus two nightkills. Compared to DLA, farside, OJ, Elli and Scigatt, I'm still leaning hewitt/SC as I don't see both being mislynches. Even with the little accomplished by Scigatt, the interactions of Neto don't make me view Sci as scum.

Vote: hewitt

For what it's worth, hewitt said a few days before D1 ended that he didn't find Neto scummy, then when the lynch is inevitable he kinda agrees with it, but doesn't drop the hammer.

Farside, you say I'm the scum that wasn't on Neto's wagon... Well, who's the scum that
was
on the wagon?

Yet…
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Serial, would you have any problems with a Hewitt lynch today?

I think it's ONE of Kise/hewitt + ONE of DLA/SC.
FLASH OF GREEN

Return to “Completed Open Games”