Beta
Townie
Beta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:59 pm

Post by Beta »

Delta AGTM wrote:
Beta wrote:Omega is outed, and his role can't do anything to actively hurt the town until endgame.
Bull, I though of three in the time it took me to write this sentance up to the first time I used the word three.
examples or gtfo
Delta AGTM wrote: Have to say, Option A all the way.
reasons or gtfo
Psi
Psi
Townie
Psi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:59 pm

Post by Psi »

Survivors are scum in the way that matters. If {scum + Omega} number half the town at any point, we lose (particularly as, with census, both the factions will know this to be true). I'm slightly sad the census ability is going to waste (particularly as, unwagoned, it makes sense for census-survivor to claim first thing day 2 with an honest census. who's going to kill an expended one-shot census taker?), but, outed, there's no reason to suppose omega would be honest.

The
only
reason to leave omega alive today is so he can be vigged tonight. But this isn't good enough for me. If there's no vig, we are trading a D1 lynch for a D2 lynch - a very bad trade indeed (because we have information, and some dead confirmed townies on D2). If there is a vig, we are trading a D1 lynch for a town player killing a player they think is scummy - which imo is a fairly neutral trade in terms of killing scum, and slightly bad in terms of information.
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:46 am

Post by Nu »

let's let him live in exchange for taking a census today and honestly telling us the results
Zeta
Zeta
Townie
Zeta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:20 am

Post by Zeta »

Psi wrote:Survivors are scum in the way that matters. If {scum + Omega} number half the town at any point, we lose (particularly as, with census, both the factions will know this to be true). I'm slightly sad the census ability is going to waste (particularly as, unwagoned, it makes sense for census-survivor to claim first thing day 2 with an honest census. who's going to kill an expended one-shot census taker?), but, outed, there's no reason to suppose omega would be honest.

The
only
reason to leave omega alive today is so he can be vigged tonight. But this isn't good enough for me. If there's no vig, we are trading a D1 lynch for a D2 lynch - a very bad trade indeed (because we have information, and some dead confirmed townies on D2). If there is a vig, we are trading a D1 lynch for a town player killing a player they think is scummy - which imo is a fairly neutral trade in terms of killing scum, and slightly bad in terms of information.
I am strongly agreeing with this quote.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:24 am

Post by Max »

Right, I will be modkilling Omega for violating general site rules:
Mith wrote:Some rules apply to most games, and should be assumed to hold unless the moderator explicitly says otherwise. These are:

Do not quote communications with the moderator (in particular, your role PM). Paraphrasing is usually ok.
I know it wasn't in the general site rules. I am locking the thread while I determine whether to end the day or not. I am leaning towards yes as people lynched him anyway.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:38 am

Post by Max »

It appears that Omega was never actually lynched. However, as I personally believe that if it weren't for mod-wifom people would have been placing the hammer vote the day can be declared over.

Omega - Emperor Mafia - Modkilled Day 1

I understand that many of you will have something against my ruling here however the word is final. The rules have been violated and thus, even though the Role PM was a fake I declare the effect of the quoting is the same as if the actual quote was done so.

It is Night One. Stage Ending on the 8th.

Ellibereth and Kyiv have had any powers they have stripped for the next night and they will return on the next day.

The next person to do so will have the powers stripped permanently then I will be punishing with Modkills. You have been warned.

Vote Count at end of day to come
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:45 am

Post by Max »

Vote Count 1.5

Omega (10) - Mu, Gamma, Epsilon, Xi, Psi, Alpha, Phi, Eta, Delta, Iota
Beta (4) - Tau, Omega, Omicron, Nu
Eta (3) - Kappa, Zeta, Rho
Kappa (1) - Chi
Chi (1) - Lambda
Sigma (1) - Theta
Phi (1) - Beta

Not Voting (3): Sigma, Pi, Upsilon
Omega AGTM
Omega AGTM
Townie
Omega AGTM
Townie
Townie

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:47 am

Post by Omega AGTM »

I am dead, my password has been changed and my host cannot log in...

--- Account Deactivated ---
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:48 am

Post by Max »

Right... Night 1 ends in 3 days. See you then.
Phi
Phi
Townie
Phi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:17 am

Post by Phi »

Delta AGTM
Delta AGTM
Townie
Delta AGTM
Townie
Townie

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:19 am

Post by Delta AGTM »

Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:29 am

Post by Max »

So thus it was said, that on the dawn of the second period of time only 21 would be alive. Unfair as it may seem to those two who are now dead there was some reason to be content:

Delta, Selective Vengeful Townie, Killed Night 1

and

Phi, Shape Shifting Serial Killer, Dead Night 1

With 21 alive it's 11 to lynch.

If I have not responded to any messages throughout the night please send them to me again. Thank you.

Day 2 Commences
Gamma AGTM
Gamma AGTM
Goon
Gamma AGTM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:46 am

Post by Gamma AGTM »

Well I agree with the modkill fwiw, but it definitely provided lots of information too. Gonna go back and read stuff now and see who wanted to unvote their Godfather.

From memory I remember a Rho/Omega connection.

Vote Rho
YOU COME AT THE KING YOU BEST NOT MISS
Rho
Rho
Townie
Rho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:15 am

Post by Rho »

From memory? Show me the posts that connect me to Omega.
Gamma AGTM
Gamma AGTM
Goon
Gamma AGTM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:38 am

Post by Gamma AGTM »

Rho wrote:
unvote

Omega, the discussion turns into a wagon on you, and you joke around?
Beta wrote:I suppose it would be appropriate for me to be #2 on the wagon.

vote: Omega
Why would it be appropriate?
Here there's the defense of Omega. Unvotes for no real reason. Despite the fact he was joking around?
Rho wrote:Alright, RVS stage being over, is everyone that jumped on the Omega AGTM wagon still comfortable with their vote. If so why?
Here he questions everyone's votes/reasons for staying on the wagon.
Omicron wrote:
Eta wrote:Hi. I seem to have missed RVS. But I'll throw down a RV anyway.

Vote: Lambda
'cause it's a cool letter.
"Hi guys, I need to make a first post but I want everyone to know that there's nothing scummy at all about me because it's random okay. Random. please don't think I'm scum"

Vote: Eta
Hmm, switches wagons here, but I guess I can see the reasoning. Although I don't think what Eta did was actually scummy by itself, just stupid.

I'm at the stage where the Eta bandwagon is in full-swing, or gaining steam. I'd say there's almost certainly scum on this as it seems a direct counter wagon to Omega's
Gamma AGTM wrote:
Tau wrote: 3. I'm a little worried that some of you letters think that being a letter is a reason not to take this game seriously. I'm not anti-fun, and I think joking's cool, so long as it's coupled with some serious analysis. But let's not let scum hide behind infinite contentless humor.
who's given you this impression so far in this game?
Answer this please, Tau. Which players did you feel weren't being serious?
Xi wrote:hey why did the omega wagon dissapear?

Unvote Vote: Omega

seriously, iso him.
Yeah, not scum with Omega here. It's possible we've two scum factions of course but still, hardly scum with Omega as this is the post that starts the momentum on Omega again.

Note this is invalid if Eta is scum too, I guess.

Lambda stayed off the Omega wagon to try start a chi wagon, but was also advocating the Omega wagon. Not sure if this is good or bad really, he obviously found Omega scummy but wasn't voting for him, eh, I get the impression he found Omega genuinely scummy, but also did Chi.
Nu wrote:
Omega AGTM wrote:What is with this Nu guy, though? Rather odd votes/fos.
Cuz you do realise you call my votes/FoSes weird then vote one of my two top suspects? Are you alright there mr. jester? We can always lynch you later.
This is a Red Flag here. A fucking GIANT one. You say Omega's being scummy...but put him down as a Jester? Seriously? Yeah jester speculation to try and save your scum-buddy, probably.
Omega AGTM wrote:Here's the Role PM.
Max wrote:You are Omega! The last letter of the Greek alphabet and therefore you wish to be the last to die. It seems only fair right? You will do whatever it takes to survive. You can measure the resistance of opposing forces once to inform you how close you are to achieving your victory. (In effect acting as a census taker - one shot ability) You must survive until only one faction in the town is left remaining to achieve your victory. Whatever happens, you mustn’t pass your sell by date.
Then he claims, now let's see what happens here.

Eh I'm unsure how useful this is. I think to anyone with experience it would be *obvious* he was goin to be modkilled so I'm not sure people defending him here is much of a scum-tell, but let's see anyway.

Oh what reading this does re-inforce is Mu needs to post some content/be less stupid.
Theta defended the survivor claim, meh I'm leaning null on this having thought about it. The mod-kill was coming so scum have no motivation to defend their buddy.

I still think Rho is most scummy, he also wasn't on the Omega wagon at the end of the day.

L2bus your godfather, rho.
:)

Vote Stays. There's a few other's I could see myself voting after this, and there's a number of people who have provided very little in the way of opinions.
Gamma AGTM
Gamma AGTM
Goon
Gamma AGTM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:39 am

Post by Gamma AGTM »

Rho wrote:From memory? Show me the posts that connect me to Omega.
My memory is excellent, there's no doubt that I was right I just wanted to wait a while before getting DA QUOTES.
Rho
Rho
Townie
Rho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:44 am

Post by Rho »

So two quotes that are about me, and I get a vote? LoL at that.

I was not on the wagon due to the fact that by the time i got online Omega had posted his "role" pm and people had already hammered him, but were wondering if it even counted because they were sure he would be mod killed.
Gamma AGTM
Gamma AGTM
Goon
Gamma AGTM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:47 am

Post by Gamma AGTM »

Rho wrote:So two quotes that are about me, and I get a vote? LoL at that.
SCUMMY. Keep flailing.
Eta
Eta
Townie
Eta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:05 am

Post by Eta »

Rho wrote:So two quotes that are about me, and I get a vote? LoL at that.
Nobody expects 100% of a scum's posts to be scummy. Nobody.

The LoL is scummy as hell; that's your defense to a carefully worded and thoughtful case?

DIE SCUM DIE

vote: Rho
Iota
Iota
Townie
Iota
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:21 am

Post by Iota »

339 is a good start.

vote rho
Iota, you Jane.
Rho
Rho
Townie
Rho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:37 am

Post by Rho »

well LoL that LoL is scummy so LoL at that.

Anyways, what defense can i give? Two quotes really isn't much, and I am not worried about the three votes on me.
Omicron
Omicron
Townie
Omicron
Townie
Townie

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:51 am

Post by Omicron »

Man is it hard to do an Iso Read on Omega, he never quoted or named the people he was talking at. What I could gain though, I'm willing to say Eta and Omega are probably not scum buddies, so i'm easing off of my scum opinion of eta a bit, and frankly, I really just didn't like eta's first post. He's been allright since than so I was being too narrow.

Up there(345) Rho pretty much challenged us to put more votes on him though, so I kind of really want too.
Oh okay why not
Vote rho
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:03 am

Post by Nu »

I just read my own posting history. Then I read Psi's. I still think he has a high probability of having bused Omega.

Vote: Psi

Less confident of my Kappa/Beta reads at a glance, needs more pondering and new data.

dislike Gamma's case on Rho as expressed in 339.
Beta
Beta
Townie
Beta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:01 am

Post by Beta »

There are a lot of possibilities to be looked at now that we know that Omega was actually a godfather.

First clue
: There's the RVS wagon on Omega. There's no reason to think that his buddies would be shy about being on this one (after all, such wagons rarely lead to lynch and can create some minor distance at low cost). However, his buddies will be looking for opportunities to jump off and create a new, more serious wagon. They got such an opportunity from the Eta wagon. So,
those who were early on the Eta wagon are more likely to be buddies with Omega.

First person to mention anything about Eta's slip was myself, actually. In the interests of objectivity, I suppose I'll have to take some scumpoints for that. I didn't vote, however. Here's a list of the people who did:

Switched from Omega to Eta: Lambda (1st), Delta (2nd), Kappa (4th),
Switched from Non-Omega to Eta: Omicron (3rd), Zeta (5th), Rho (6th), Omega (8th), Tau (9th), Iota (10th), Psi (11th), Alpha (12th)

The early votes on this wagon are more indicative of being Emperor Mafia than the later ones, since the incentive was to start a new bandwagon and get attention off of Omega, not necessarily to push to a lynch. I think ideally, we'd want to look between votes 1-6 (we'll have ways to narrow this list down later), so a good first guess is to search in the group of Lambda, Delta, Omicron, Kappa, Zeta, and Rho.

Second clue
: We have the second wagon on Omega. After the Eta wagon collapsed, certain people tried to get the Omega wagon rolling again. At this point, we have another situation where Omega's buddies have the incentive to try and push alternatives.
Those who suggested or pushed alternatives to the Omega wagon shortly after the collapse of Eta's wagon are more likely to be Emperor Mafia, while those who were early on the new Omega wagon are much less likely. The later a person joined the wagon or the more resistance they showed to it before joining, the more likely it seems that they're emperor mafia.

Bad candidates to be Emperor Mafia: Xi, Psi, Alpha, Theta, Eta. These people got on the wagon early and without any qualms. You can decide for yourselves whether to put me on this list, since technically I never took my vote off of Omega---I was pushing the wagon fairly early, though.

Good candidates to be Emperor Mafia: Iota, Delta, and whoever Kyiv is. These people got on the wagon late. Delta is the strongest candidate considering this list alone, since he/she only voted Omega after a modkill already seemed likely, having already tried to push a Rho wagon as an alternative to Omega despite agreeing that Omega was "a good lynch." Of particular note is that Delta, even at this point, was already trying to connect Rho with Omega. (see iso posts 6 and 7)

So, looking through both lists, we have one player who's on both of them. Delta. Point by point, Delta's play can be summed up like this:

---Is among the first to derail the initial Omega wagon by jumping on Eta.
---Tries to derail the second Omega wagon as it begins by pushing a rho alternative
---Comes to the second Omega wagon super late, voting only "in case he isn't modkilled", at a point when Omega's already claimed nontown and is sure to die anyway. Voted 'Most Likely To Be Bussing' by yours truly for this move alone, not even counting the other indicators.
---Pre-emptively ties rho to Omega, likely anticipating/planning against a possible Omega death and setting up a future mislynch. Predictably, comes in pushing that story today based on a fairly weak case (I'll show later why it's weak, especially compared to the possibility that it's Delta itself that did the bussing yesterday, possibly among others)

TLDR: Delta's scum, lynch now please.

Vote: Delta
Beta
Beta
Townie
Beta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:04 am

Post by Beta »

In other news, Xi, Psi, Alpha, and Eta are probably town, or at least not in the same scumfaction as Omega if they are scum.

Theta is an interesting case, as it jumps on the second Omega wagon early but also wants to let the claimed Omega-survivor live. Gonna go with Not-Partners-With-Omega though, because of the way all that was done. Read in iso and decide for yourself on that one: the others are pretty clear, though.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”