Newbie 888 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:43 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

MichelSableheart wrote: I don't like how hard some people are arguing against putting Medix at L-1 right now. Pressure to get someone to contribute works best when there is a significant chance of that player being lynched.
L-2 is enough pressure to get someone to contribute, L-1 is pushing it.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:44 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Oh, just saw that bob posted a response like this already. My bad.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by pablito »

The "Happy 4th scumday pablito!" Vote Count

Medix (3): MichelSableheart, Kyiv, RandomMaster
Magic Trainer (2): kunkstar7, almightybob
Kyiv (1): PatriotsDestiny09
RandomMaster (1): Medix
Lastsurvivor (1): Magic Trainer

not voting: Lastsurvivor

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!
PatriotsDynasty09
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by PatriotsDynasty09 »

Medix wrote: 4. I have no idea. I should wait to day 2 and keep more focus in the arguments.
Besides even getting to day 2, "waiting to day 2" suggests that you will use the NK as a basis of your arguments. Is this correct?
Patriots Record 09-10: 10-6

Lost in the First Round of the Playoffs to the Ravens...Next Year for Sure!!!!
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Happy 4th scumday pablito!

(were we supposed to say that?)
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Magic Trainer
Magic Trainer
Goon
Magic Trainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by Magic Trainer »

[quote="Medix"4. I have no idea. I should wait to day 2 and keep more focus in the arguments. [/quote]

This is odd, Sounds to me like you're simply saying that as a way to avoid telling us your thoughts. Also why round two, how do you even know you'll survive in the night? I think this can be a scum tell, almost refusing to give information and automaticaly assuming he'll live in the night sounds suspicous to me.
Magic Trainer
Magic Trainer
Goon
Magic Trainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by Magic Trainer »

I forgot to preview to see if the quotes were working, btw for those who are wondering that quote is from post 147
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:16 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

almightybob wrote:
MichelSableheart wrote:I don't like how hard some people are arguing against putting Medix at L-1 right now. Pressure to get someone to contribute works best when there is a significant chance of that player being lynched.
It's Page 6. We're barely a week in. There's no need to actually put him at L-1 this early. L-2 with others prepared to vote is plenty of pressure.
There's no way that, in 6 pages, anyone should be convinced enough to put Medix at L-1. We just haven't had enough information to give that strong a read on anyone yet.

L-1 is where you put someone when you want them to roleclaim. Wanting a claim is what you do when you're completely happy with that person being the lynch choice. It's essentially a double-check that you're not about to lynch a power role.

That last paragraph was more for the benefit of newbies, I assume our IC would know this. Indeed, the fact that our IC is the one I'm responding to raises my eyebrow.

_ ^
o.O
Please allow me to expand a bit.

At this point in time, Medix is hardly participating. That is something I am willing to lynch over, but I would prefer to see him actually give his opinions.

A good way to try to get someone to participate is threaten them with a lynch. "If you don't start to participate, you'll get much closer to being lynched". Post #123 by Patriots is doing exactly that.

It is correct that it is probably unwise to lynch this early in the day. However, each time someone says something along the lines of "we probably shouldn't lynch Medix yet", the pressure of the threat on Medix (participate or you will be lynched) reduces, making it more likely that he keeps lurking.

I find nothing wrong with the exchange in posts #124 - #129. It is a simple exchange along the lines of "it's still early in the day, we want to discuss more". However, after post #129, the subject should have been dropped, IMO. Further discussing it weakens the pressure on Medix, which shouldn't happen.

Also, please note that I disagree with you about when exactly you should ask for a claim. Asking for a claim shouldn't happen just because someone is at L-1. Asking for a claim should happen because someone is willing to place the hammer. Putting someone at L-1 is IMO just a step of added pressure over L-2. It shows a certain willingness to lynch, but it does not end the day and therefore doesn't have to be final.
Lastsurvivor wrote:L-2 is enough pressure to get someone to contribute, L-1 is pushing it.
I simply disagree. If someone is not contributing, they should be lynched for that. If they don't start contributing at L-2, they should be put at L-1. And if they don't start contributing at L-1, you have probably found your lynch for the day.

-------------------------------------
Medix wrote:1. I just bait him to see if he has a good counter or not.
2. Many Day 1 votes is a random vote, and there must be some counter from the target.
So basically you expect a serious response to a vote that you claim is not serious? You're putting the burden of proof on the wrong place. If you have a serious attack, you may expect a serious response. But if your vote is completely random, there's simply not much to respond to, and ignoring it is perfectly fine.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Medix
Medix
Townie
Medix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:33 am

Post by Medix »

Magic Trainer wrote:This is odd, Sounds to me like you're simply saying that as a way to avoid telling us your thoughts. Also why round two, how do you even know you'll survive in the night? I think this can be a scum tell, almost refusing to give information and automaticaly assuming he'll live in the night sounds suspicous to me.
It's not like I'm hiding an information, I don't have any information. And I'm not sure I can survive to next day though, either I'm lynched, or NKed.
Medix
Medix
Townie
Medix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:40 am

Post by Medix »

MichelSableheart wrote:So basically you expect a serious response to a vote that you claim is not serious? You're putting the burden of proof on the wrong place. If you have a serious attack, you may expect a serious response. But if your vote is completely random, there's simply not much to respond to, and ignoring it is perfectly fine.
Patriot has explained in the post #49 that RV stage can make a scum slipped.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:46 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Medix wrote:
MichelSableheart wrote:So basically you expect a serious response to a vote that you claim is not serious? You're putting the burden of proof on the wrong place. If you have a serious attack, you may expect a serious response. But if your vote is completely random, there's simply not much to respond to, and ignoring it is perfectly fine.
So, you're saying that if you place a random vote on someone, they should scum slip?
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:35 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Medix wrote:
Magic Trainer wrote:This is odd, Sounds to me like you're simply saying that as a way to avoid telling us your thoughts. Also why round two, how do you even know you'll survive in the night? I think this can be a scum tell, almost refusing to give information and automaticaly assuming he'll live in the night sounds suspicous to me.
It's not like I'm hiding an information, I don't have any information. And I'm not sure I can survive to next day though, either I'm lynched, or NKed.
Honestly it doesn't seem like you value your stake in this game. You don't have any information because you do not take the time to try to get information. Secondly, if you are not the lynch target today, and to me it seems you are growing more likely, you would not be a likely NK target if you are town. If you are town the scum are having a field day with you. You provide them with easy cannon fodder for the lynch, saving them trouble of actually developing a case against someone. If you want the town to win, since that's the town win condition, you need to get here, and start providing content and scumhunting.
Medix wrote:
As this has been said, a serious vote requires serious defense. Random votes do not. Secondly, to even elicit a response you need something besides just a random vote. This was your random vote that you expected a counter from?
Medix wrote:
Vote RandomMaster

Hello all.
I discussed this earlier with PD09, but it was regarding how a dice roll doesn't cause reactions. My comment is posted below for reference. It also applies in this situation where there is no reason whatsoever (unless "Hello all." is your reason??) Without anything to counter, he would have made himself look very scummy being defensive about a completely random vote with no reason whatsoever.
kunkstar7 wrote:
PatriotsDynasty09 wrote:At this point in the game RV's are there to get people to talk or try to get scum to slip up. It can actually greatly help the town because you never know if Kyiv or whoever gets voted gets really defensive over a random vote. To me that's a scum slip and can help the town win.
This is a good statement, but I think that unless you provide some small reason, regardless if its random, then the vote is more likely to cause a defensive reaction. By simply saying I voted for "so and so" because it came up on a dice roll, they aren't as likely to react. For example my vote on Lastsurvivor. it sparked a reaction did it not? Had I posted "I vote Lastsurvivor becuase random.org said so", it would not have been as likely to receive a reaction.
You need to step up and start getting into this game.

Unvote, Vote: Medix
Welcome to the Network.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

I think now would be a good time to reread and give us your opinions on the game.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

That was @Medix
RandomMaster
RandomMaster
Townie
RandomMaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by RandomMaster »

So, Medix is at L-1.

Would just like to say, I'm going to be out of the province this weekend, and since I am almost 100% certain I won't have access to a computer, I won't be able to do or say anything for all of friday, saturday and sunday. I'll be back monday.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Random question: Can I join games in other parts of the forum (like mini normals for example), or does the "one game" rule apply for everything?
Kyiv
Kyiv
Goon
Kyiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:07 pm

Post by Kyiv »

Happy scumday pablito!
Lastsurvivor wrote:Random question: Can I join games in other parts of the forum (like mini normals for example), or does the "one game" rule apply for everything?
Yes, you are allowed to play non-newbie games whenever you wish, though some mods prefer players to have completed at least a game or two before allowing them into their games (Typically, this is for the themed and larger games). The

I still haven't seen anything new from Medix, so I support the L-1 vote, but I prefer giving him more time to post his suspects and thoughts before we rush into a lynch.
TTFN
Medix
Medix
Townie
Medix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by Medix »

Okay guys, I've gotten a point.

I see that Magic is suspicious, since he has unstable vote, and he tried to change the debate focus to me, which is worked.

So
Unvote, Vote Magic Trainer

At last it's better than a totally random vote.

Gayle replaces Medix
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:04 pm

Sorry Medix, but I don't agree with either of the points you bring up. Magic trainer voted Kyiv during the beginning of the game, then changed his vote to Lastsurvivor when things started to get more serious. He changed his vote only once during the game. That number is not exceptionally high, and as such, his vote is not significantly more unstable then the vote of the other players in the game.

He also didn't change the debate focus to you. I was the first one to vote you, in post #69. Kyiv voted you in #73. Randommaster started pressuring you in #92. All these happened before Magic trainer asked Lastsurvivor about his opinions on you in post #113. You were already the focus of debate before he started mentioning you. Also, he has spent most of his energy defending against attacks on him. I really don't think that your accusation that he tried to change the debate focus to you holds any water.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:11 am

Post by almightybob »

Quick note:
and he tried to change the debate focus to me, which is worked
Pot, meet kettle.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:51 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Thanks Kyiv. I don't think I'm ready to do some large games yet, anyway. :P

-------

Medix, you REAAALLY need to read the thread in detail. Try to pick up on something no one else has. Don't let your newbieness hold you back: anyone can find a scumtell.

If you don't give us anything really solid, you most likely WILL be today's lynch.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:17 pm

Post by pablito »

Prodding Magic Trainer and PatriotsDynasty09.

Apparently I've been calling PatriotsDynasty09 by the wrong username all this time, I've corrected all posts/vote counts to reflect this.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:38 pm

Very disappointing content yesterday.
almightybob wrote:Quick note:
and he tried to change the debate focus to me, which is worked
Pot, meet kettle.
We have been asking him to come up with a case for a couple of pages now. When he finally does a bit of attacking, you attack him for attacking someone? Seriously?
PatriotsDynasty09
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:33 am

Post by PatriotsDynasty09 »

I've been prodded sorry, but nothing has really happened besides Medix actually posting something with content in it. I have to go to school but when I get back I'll try to post some more.

@pablito
I didn't even notice that, lol
Patriots Record 09-10: 10-6

Lost in the First Round of the Playoffs to the Ravens...Next Year for Sure!!!!
Magic Trainer
Magic Trainer
Goon
Magic Trainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:20 am

Post by Magic Trainer »

Ah Sorry, I've been getting a little busier and since not too much is happening other than questioning Medix I did not feel the need to post.

I don't think I need to explain Medix's reasoning, Michel already covered that.

Second I'm wondering if you've read the whole entired thread Medix. There is about 7 pages and what you posted you could have just thrown that together by reading this page.

I did a little bit of reading and I don't see anything about irritation being a mafia behavior so

Unvote

And Medix's posting has not been contributing to our case as much but I think he can come up with something better if he focus's more on this.

FoS: Medix

I think we should wait a while before we lynche anyone in case a scum slips up or if Medix really is a scum his partner might slip up.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”