Newbie 864 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Vote Count 4.3

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

Slaxx: 1: Lacey (1)
Lacey: 1: Slaxx (2)

Not Voting: Zachrulez

With 3 alive it takes 2 to lynch. Currently Slaxx would be lynched at Deadline. Deadline is 7:00 PM EST/4:00 PM PST on Thursday, January 28th.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Parts wrote:
@Mod:
Can we get prods on sweep + evilgorillaz please?

Ok lets try to get some discussion going.

CC: Why do you think me and Sweep are more likely mafia than EG is? How sure are you that the mafia team is me and sweep instead of me + somebody else or sweep + somebody else?
Just another one. They're accusations of each other almost always include sweep or EG, both of which were weaker town players.

Also, for the note, earlier in that day he did vote CC, but took it off fairly soon after.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Well Zachrulez, you just told me last night's kill might have made sense if this is the case. So that blows Lacey's logic out of the water if it is indeed the case. I would like to see some dirt on Bach. Besides his lack of scumhunting during endgame, which is evidence but not enough in a situation like this. I dont like how his reputation went down at the end of night two. It was a lose lose situation. Any way he voted it he killed a townie.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I've got the lynching wagons now.

I'm going to double check which colors are allowed and which aren't before I post it.
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by Lacey »

Slaxx wrote:
Parts wrote:
Sweep wrote:Still waiting for Parts to post.

Feel free to post in my absence next time. I woke up this morning and I'm sick so I went back to bed. I woke up a few a hours ago.

CC reacted to that gambit like I expected him too as town or scum since he was the target of the wagon. I think CC has been active but ineffective. He has played some gambits but they've generated weak responses overall. He's been scumhunting but I think it's been preety ineffectual. I think it's pretty strange that CC thinks he is an easier lynch than EG considering 3 people have said they would lynch EG and a wagon on CC earned some serious questioning. Scummy but not as high on my list as EG/Sweep.

CC: Do you honestly think I jumped on you because you were an “easier” lynch target than EG?
Edit: Just saw your post so you know it was a gambit but I still would like this answered.

Bach: Have your opinions changed since it was revealed to be a gambit? Do you still think me and Ray are scummy?
Sweep wrote:Ray may indeed be a cop and then he is going to be in trouble with a claim,

What do you mean by that? Since if you read the post before yours you'll see that Ray did not claim cop. Is this rolefishing? If it is please stop.
rewq455 wrote:Also I felt that CC has an about neutral read from me. I had, and still have, nothing to say for him or against him.

I find it hard to believe that you have nothing to say about CC's contributions to this game and his scumminess or lack thereof. Any kind of opinion or analysis would be helpful.

I still think EG is the scummiest person in the game but since he is likely to be replaced pressuring him for responses is useless. So my number 2 on the list is Sweep. His defense consists of WIFOM and appeals to emotion with no actual scumhunting to speak of.

Vote: Sweep
There's this constant battle of CC is scummy, yes....BUT what about these two? Similiar to the "yes parts is scummy...BUT look at rewq"
I don't see your interpretation on this at all. Parts made an assumption that rewq was cop as I and others have read it. Follow the cop is a typical newbie action. He tried a gambit on CC due to suspicions to try and catch CC in an inconsistency. Nothing scummy about this at all.

Ultimately, Parts was consistent through out the game, targeting EG as scum. Consistent scum hunting of this type is pro-town plain and simple. When you think you have scum, you should keep the pressure on them and push hard. It gets potential scum lynched as it traps them in lies.

On the side of Col.Cathart, he left Parts alone until Parts started following Rewq's lead on him, and put some pressure on him. Col.Cathart is classic scum, his attention and votes slide around. He is being cautious in his accusations instead of direct. He wasn't scum hunting, ergo scum.

And again, if Parts had been scum, he had a win he could have pushed on the previous day when things were lylo. Helping to scum hunt on Col.Cathart would have just been plain dumb, and yet he did. When no one else was talking, he was pushing CC with Zachrulez. He could have said "I feel Bach/EG" agreed to wait on EG, and pushed Bach. But he didn't. As far as he was concerned Bach was innocent, and he argued against Zachrulez. If he were scum he wouldn't do that.

Bach on the other hand is much more wishy washy. He refuses to scum hunt through most of the game. Something CC leaps on him for here:
Bach wrote:
Col.Cathart wrote:Bach: Why the unvote without voting anyone else? Little pressure is still better that none at all IMO. You cannot generate any heat (which leads us to more discussion. more discussions = good for town) without voting on anyone.
Eh, a fair cop. I considered that when I was typing the post up, that I might be stifling discussion by closing out an argument without opening up a new attack. But I really just didn't see anyone else I could jump on logically right then. I'd be getting a prod right now had I said nothing. :(
CC knows Bach is risking giving up the game here. Because from Mit #5, caution is scummy, and an unvote without a vote is VERY scummy. url tag went here

In fact he repeatedly fails to scum hunt and tries to distract folks:
Bach wrote:I would just be saying 'lynch lurkers' but 1) game is too small and 2) too many to choose from. ;)
About the only time he does seem to push hard is when it's his own life on the line:
Bach wrote:For my part, I am willing to lynch Sweep today. His poor logic in his case against me is damning. I can still be swayed, but he has so far seemed the most scummy of targets.
And then there is Bach's drop out when CC is found out.
Slaxx wrote:Well Zachrulez, you just told me last night's kill might have made sense if this is the case. So that blows Lacey's logic out of the water if it is indeed the case. I would like to see some dirt on Bach. Besides his lack of scumhunting during endgame, which is evidence but not enough in a situation like this. I dont like how his reputation went down at the end of night two. It was a lose lose situation. Any way he voted it he killed a townie.
It does nothing of the sort Slaxx as my point is Part's behavior before the night kill was absolutely nonsensical if he was scum.

The night kill makes sense for either Parts or Slaxx(Bach), but more so for Bach.

And check the evidence above, Bach never scum hunted except when he felt he needed to get heat off himself.

Mod Note: The trouble is in the url tags somehow. I should be able to edit the posts to get them back.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I went ahead and bolded the townies and put Col. C in red.

Day 1

imkingdavid: 3:
Pablo Molinero
(25),
Evilgorrilaz
(27),
Col.Cathart
(30)
Bach: 2:
rewq455
(21),
Sweep
(22)
Evilgorrilaz: 2: Bach (26),
imkingdavid
(29)

Not Voting: Parts,
RayFrost

Day 2

rewq455: 4:
Evilgorrilaz
(8),
Col.Cathart
(10),
RayFrost
(11), Bach (14)
Evilgorrilaz: 3:
rewq455
(9), Parts (12),
Sweep
(13)

Day 3

Col.Cathart: 3:
Zachrulez
(1),
Evilgorrilaz
(2), Slaxx

Not Voting:
Col.Cathart
, Lacey
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Something's going on with Lacey's posts.

I see blank, but when I quote them there's a lot of text in there.

Weird...
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by Lacey »

ARGH! This is frustrating! Trying again!
On an indefinite break from mafia.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

If Zorblag is around, we'll see if he can do something with those posts/figure out what's going on with them.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:21 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

lol

Zorblag, can you have a look at those posts and see what's going on?
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:21 pm

Post by Lacey »

I have no idea what is going on. ;( So frustrated.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Mod Note: There are a lot of tags in there; probably one or two aren't quite right somehow. I'll try playing around with them a bit and see if I can get them to work but posting in smaller sections and using preview would be my recommendation for now. I'll let you know if I can figure anything out shortly.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by Lacey »

I think my post above labeled Post Subject: 629 has my whole arguement when you quote it.

So sorry guys if I am being a ditz here or something. I haven't the faintest idea what I am doing wrong. :,( :,( :,(
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by Lacey »

Zorblag wrote:
Mod Note: There are a lot of tags in there; probably one or two aren't quite right somehow. I'll try playing around with them a bit and see if I can get them to work but posting in smaller sections and using preview would be my recommendation for now. I'll let you know if I can figure anything out shortly.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Ok Let me know when you want me to try or if you are going to try. Thank you so much for the help! :-*
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Thanks Troll.

I've honestly never seen anything like this before... lol
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by Lacey »

Zachrulez wrote:Thanks Troll.

Way to make a girl feel inept :,(

(j/k ;) )
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Mod Note: OK, it's something with the way you're using url tags (or possibly there's an issue with the one's you're getting from the wiki.) I should be able to recover the posts with a little bit of editing. I'll delete any that seem to be duplicates if you don't mind.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Bach wrote:Ray's response in post 81 is a good enough answer for me to unvote him. We have been the only two who have been very active, so I can't very well criticize him for not going after anyone else.

He IS getting downgraded to FoS status; he was quite defensive even before I started on him - even preemptively so. I could still come back to him.

Unvote
FoS: Ray Frost

I'm waiting for more people to post. I may have another vote soon. Nice to see some convo again. :)
You mean that? He jumped on somebody on his fourth post and started interrogating. seems like scumhunting to me. Yes. That was what CC was referring to.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Lacey wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:Thanks Troll.

Way to make a girl feel inept :,(

(j/k ;) )
It's just interesting to run into something new after over a year at MS and 20-30 completed games.
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by Lacey »

Zorblag wrote:
Mod Note: OK, it's something with the way you're using url tags (or possibly there's an issue with the one's you're getting from the wiki.) I should be able to recover the posts with a little bit of editing. I'll delete any that seem to be duplicates if you don't mind.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Thank you so much! You're my hero! :-*

So sorry for causing you extra work. You're such a dear to help out. If it isn't too much trouble, could you help me (over PM if you think it is more appropriate) learn from my mistake here?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

There is an option next to the submit button that allows you to preview your posts and tinker with them if they don't show up right.

(I admit I'm not always the best at this personally and I have butchered my share of quote tags)
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by Lacey »

Slaxx wrote:
Bach wrote:Ray's response in post 81 is a good enough answer for me to unvote him. We have been the only two who have been very active, so I can't very well criticize him for not going after anyone else.

He IS getting downgraded to FoS status; he was quite defensive even before I started on him - even preemptively so. I could still come back to him.

Unvote
FoS: Ray Frost

I'm waiting for more people to post. I may have another vote soon. Nice to see some convo again. :)
You mean that? He jumped on somebody on his fourth post and started interrogating. seems like scumhunting to me. Yes. That was what CC was referring to.
Yes. I do. Unvote, without revote is cautious, ergo scum. Playing cautious is generally anti-town. Unvote, FoS is not scum hunting. FoS is an unofficial "vote" with no real meaning except to pose and posture.

In fact an Unvote; FoS instead of Unvote; Vote strikes me as particularly scummy as it is being cautious while appearing to be aggressive.
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by Lacey »

Zachrulez wrote:There is an option next to the submit button that allows you to preview your posts and tinker with them if they don't show up right.

(I admit I'm not always the best at this personally and I have butchered my share of quote tags)
/me feels
really bad
for causing extra work because she didn't notice this.

I am so sorry Troll!
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Lacey wrote:
Yes. I do. Unvote, without revote is cautious, ergo scum. Playing cautious is generally anti-town. Unvote, FoS is not scum hunting. FoS is an unofficial "vote" with no real meaning except to pose and posture.

In fact an Unvote; FoS instead of Unvote; Vote strikes me as particularly scummy as it is being cautious while appearing to be aggressive.
It can also be more of a newbie tell than a scum tell. (I've noticed this a lot from newbies in general)

In more experienced players I will agree that this is something to watch for.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Mod Note: No need to apologize at all. It looks like the forum is just being overly touchy with the url tags for some reason (and my guess is that it doesn't like how they show up on wiki pages.) When I've found a format that it likes better I'll edit this post to show what it is but until then I think I've cleaned everything up and the thread should be good to go. Game on.

*edit with the solution*

The url tags don't like to use the ' that you got from the link to the wiki page. Instead you need to substitute a %27 which will do the trick. You had:

Code: Select all

[url]https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mastin's_Insane_Tells#Mit_.23_5--Caution_vs._Recklessness[/url]

Which was certainly what you copied from the wiki. Somehow you'd have to know to change that to

Code: Select all

[url]https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mastin%27s_Insane_Tells#Mit_.23_5--Caution_vs._Recklessness[/url]

Which just replaces the ' in Mastin's with that %27. How you'd know that ahead of time unless you work with url encoding a fair amount is beyond me. With that change you'd have gotten the following link you wanted:

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... cklessness

To make this trouble even more something you should not worry about having run across, it turns out that I experienced almost exactly the same problem previously and had to get help. Here's my thread about it in the help forum. That's what I went to now to figure out what was happening here or I'd have no idea. Basically it's something that I've had come up once since I got here and for which I couldn't find any other help about at the time. Congratulations on stumbling on a relatively rare issue with the coding on the forums so quickly!

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Last edited by Zorblag on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”