Newbie 864 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by Slaxx »

that number is with CC isoed, i apologize.
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by Lacey »

Zachrulez wrote:On an unrelated note, regardless of what happens, I am happy to see you both being as enthusiastic as you are about your first game on MS.
I love logic puzzles myself :) And I have a passion for writing, so when I learned about this game over the Christmas Holidays from a friend I've been devouring the wiki and really wanting to give it a go :)

Honestly though I really want to mod, writing is my real passion and I love cooperative story telling. Theme games look like they would marvelous opportunities for logic games WITH creative writing!
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Slaxx, why haven't you voted for Lacey yet?
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Vote Count 4.2

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

Slaxx: 1: Lacey (1)

Not Voting: Slaxx, Zachrulez

With 3 alive it takes 2 to lynch. Currently Slaxx would be lynched at Deadline. Deadline is 7:00 PM EST/4:00 PM PST on Thursday, January 28th.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Too busy researching. Sorry.
vote lacey
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Lacey »

Slaxx wrote:that number is with CC isoed, i apologize.
What does iso mean, please? I can't find it in the Commonly used abbreviations.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

There's an option at the bottom of the forum where you can sort posts by specific users.

Iso is short hand for reading a specific player in isolation.
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by Lacey »

Zachrulez wrote:There's an option at the bottom of the forum where you can sort posts by specific users.

Iso is short hand for reading a specific player in isolation.
Thank you! That would have made my original note taking easier and less confusing. Is there an option for matching substitutions? Do newbie games typically have this many replacements? It seems awfully hard to keep track of players, strategies, posts and opinions when more or less every player replacing another at some point.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

You can't match up replacements under the current system.

Yeah, games with a lot of replacements can get a bit confusing, I will admit that I have gotten the names mixed up and had to correct my posts a few times.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Zachrulez wrote:And there's a string of Bach posts that isn't sitting quite right to me.
Bach wrote:I am the deciding vote. Good golly. Lots of power. I picked a nice time to come back, lol.

EG, I think you know I am fully prepared to vote you off. I'm going to do an ISO on you. If you happen to pop on soon, make your final case to not be lynched by me.

Rewq, same goes for you. I will do an ISO on you as well.
Ohhh hey, where was your vote earlier in the day? I don't think you voted at all till the end. Just seems happy to be the deciding vote and doesn't really give a vibe of having any suspicions of his own.
Bach wrote:OK. I have made my decision. I will type up and save my reasoning.

Rewq, EG, I believe you both have the right to one last post.

And hey...
scum buddy
voting for one of these clowns? Don't unvote. Don't hammer. It will come across loud and clear what you're trying to accomplish.
Whoa... did you really just say that? How did this not get picked up on and made a big point of?
Bach wrote:*cough* Apologies for my string of posts here...

EBWOP: I can still be swayed. Didn't mean to imply otherwise.
Won't that kind of make your reasoning moot if you do get swayed? I don't really like how the town seems to be on the outside looking it when it comes to your thought process.

Oh, this post resonates to me right now.
rewq455 wrote:I don't have much time right now, so I will just post what stands out in my head because I don't have time to read over ISOs. So far I have contributed to the game by putting out new information, while EG hasn't. EG has been reiterating what others have already said. Also, his STATED play style is essentially to keep on lynching people until you hit scum. This strategy is anti-town no matter what side he is on. This will keep on killing town people until you hit town. Maybe if this was a huge game this would be a good strategy to lower the numbers and to chance getting scum, but already we are at 4 vote lynches. We do not have enough town people to spare for that kind of plan. Also, EGs logic is just him stating basic mafia logic, where people appear to be scum until they are seen to be town. Even some of the people who are voting me, I remember about Rayfrost and I am pretty sure that CC did also, are expressing their doubts about EG.
Bach wrote:Well, I was hoping for more out of EG. It's a not enough for me to change my mind...though it doesn't make me feel better about my decision.

Interestingly, both my targets today are people who voted for me on Day 1. I firmly believe that my original supposition (one of the three voting for me is scum; Bach ISO#30) holds true. I just hope I get the right one.

EvilGorillaz has been my target from late in Day 1. He has committed the following scummy actions: He tagged on to Rewq's attacks on me, without adding anything (Day1); acted as Rewq's interpreter (post#301). Surprisingly, this is all I got from his ISO. Those attacking him are annoyed with his playstyle (me too), but I understand where he is coming from with his 'everyone but me is scum' line of thinking. A vanilla townie has only one solid fact to work from: he knows he is town. He has acted consistent with this line of thinking.

EG's potential scum buddies: ColCathart, RayFrost. Neither of these two are high on my scum list...if I am mistaken, it is a grave one I have made.

Rewq I decided was Vanilla Townie on day 1 due to his focus on me.
I didn't agree with his reasoning, but I could respect it. I also thought him and Sweep as a scum buddy pair was way too obvious, considering how quickly he sprung to the attack on me. Rewq's scummy posts: asking EG for a claim out of the blue (ISO#36); claims to have 'pressured' CC previously in response to Ray's accusation...check his ISO, his 'pressure' post (ISO#28) is weak; his poor reaction to CC's gambit (EG sums this best @post#356); more subtle rolefishing, poor argument. (ISO#49). There's more,
but my general read is he has made a mountain of errors in Day 2.

Rewq's potential scum buddies: Parts, Sweep. Want to see something fun? Go do an ISO on Parts. Find 'rewq'. Parts has a pretty high opinion of him, doesn't he? Rewq hardly ever acknowledges Parts. Sweep has so few posts, but he's an obvious potential scum partner (see Day 1).

So, logically, I must bring the Hammer of Grabthor down upon Rewq. I hope I am right.

Vote: Rewq455
The paragraph on Rewq feels like an admission that he's town, (saying he made mistakes rather than saying he acted scummy.) it's not sitting well with me at all. The paragraph on Evilgorillaz feels like it's meant to set up Gorrilaz's lynch the next day. (Consequently I'm not really a big fan of the idea of a gorillaz lynch today.)

I'm actually liking the idea of a Bach/Col.C scumteam.
For the first one i would have to disagree. He says he's fully prepared to vote EG off and also promises ISOs.

As far as the swaying one, i'm pretty sure he's just giving them one last chance, as you are to me now. Might be reading a little too much into this one.

And finally my interpretation of that isn't necessarily n00b mistakes as it is just mistakes in general.

If you look at Parts and CCs posts, they both pair each other up with EG, using him as a scapegoat. I'm not for sure if this was planned or a coincedence, but every time Parts gets put under for his suspicion, as i mentioned earlier, CC shys away from leading people to vote for him.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Show your work Slaxx, I want to see more than your statements.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by Slaxx »

As I've said I have no way of explaining his last of scumhunting in the past few days. He seemed to become less and less active in the game in general, not with an immediatre drop after night two but a steady decline from day 1 till his disappearance.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I'm talking more about the stuff between Parts and CC that you are talking about.

I want to see your evidence.

You can't defend anything Bach did, I understand that. There's nothing you can do about that, I will weight that with your case against Lacey.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Slaxx »

"Parts wrote:
CC: Do you honestly think I jumped on you because you were an “easier” lynch target than EG?
Edit: Just saw your post so you know it was a gambit but I still would like this answered.

Well, not the point anymore, but at the time I had 'Ray fakeclaims cop, Parts follows, wagon goes off' suspicions (though now as I look at it, it wouldn't make sense at all, as we're not in LyLo).

Sheeping is very scummy though, no matter how you look at it. Even if you believed, Ray is the cop, following him blindly was really bad. "-35 with CC ISOed

I believe this is more of a coaching. why use the word bad? Sounds like he's scolding him I would've used suspicious or scummy.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Slaxx wrote:"Parts wrote:
CC: Do you honestly think I jumped on you because you were an “easier” lynch target than EG?
Where is this post? I will want to have a look at this exchange.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Oh sorry, I am finding all this in ISO. I butchered the quote.

There is a quote button you can use to quote their posts, it makes it clearer for us to tell who's saying what.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by Slaxx »

So do you have it?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I found it all in ISO yes.

I'm just relaying to you that there's a quote button, so it's more clear to me what CC and Parts were saying in their interactions. Makes the evidence more clear to me.

Yes, I am going to have to think about this a little bit, due to the fact that the only person that makes sense for a scumbuddy for parts is Col.C, and also due to the fact that the only real reason to keep me alive is because I would be most likely to vote for Bach the next day. I have been mindful of that, though it is WIFOM.

Did they ever vote for each other in the game? I know I can't remember if Col.C ever voted for Parts.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

oh nvm, Col C. did vote parts on day 2 for that sheeping comment, my memory's failing me...

Did he vote for him at any other part in the game?

How about Parts for Col.C?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Parts wrote:
Sweep wrote:Still waiting for Parts to post.

Feel free to post in my absence next time. I woke up this morning and I'm sick so I went back to bed. I woke up a few a hours ago.

CC reacted to that gambit like I expected him too as town or scum since he was the target of the wagon. I think CC has been active but ineffective. He has played some gambits but they've generated weak responses overall. He's been scumhunting but I think it's been preety ineffectual. I think it's pretty strange that CC thinks he is an easier lynch than EG considering 3 people have said they would lynch EG and a wagon on CC earned some serious questioning. Scummy but not as high on my list as EG/Sweep.

Edit: Just saw your post so you know it was a gambit but I still would like this answered.

Bach: Have your opinions changed since it was revealed to be a gambit? Do you still think me and Ray are scummy?
Sweep wrote:Ray may indeed be a cop and then he is going to be in trouble with a claim,

What do you mean by that? Since if you read the post before yours you'll see that Ray did not claim cop. Is this rolefishing? If it is please stop.
rewq455 wrote:Also I felt that CC has an about neutral read from me. I had, and still have, nothing to say for him or against him.

I find it hard to believe that you have nothing to say about CC's contributions to this game and his scumminess or lack thereof. Any kind of opinion or analysis would be helpful.

I still think EG is the scummiest person in the game but since he is likely to be replaced pressuring him for responses is useless. So my number 2 on the list is Sweep. His defense consists of WIFOM and appeals to emotion with no actual scumhunting to speak of.

Vote: Sweep
There's this constant battle of CC is scummy, yes....BUT what about these two? Similiar to the "yes parts is scummy...BUT look at rewq"
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Yeah, I'm about to have a look at that part of the day now.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Would have been easier if you didn't argue these particular points... but now I'm going to have to actually think about this. :P
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Besides that one vote I see no votes for each other.
Lacey
Lacey
Goon
Lacey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by Lacey »

Parts wrote:It's not nice to get me that excited Ray. Oh well it got some super neat reactions that I'll make a post about later tonight. No later than around midnight.

Unvote
I believe he unvotes it on the same day here though:
Parts wrote:It's not nice to get me that excited Ray. Oh well it got some super neat reactions that I'll make a post about later tonight. No later than around midnight.

Unvote
I may be reading it wrong, these search results seem to turn up on Pages 1 and 2 for me when reading Parts ISO.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I'll probably have another look at the lynching wagons when I get time, it's close to my bedtime, so I might not get this done tonight.

I'd like to see the two of you go back and forth a little bit as well.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”