Mini 885 - Boom, Game Gutshot/Abandoned by Mod!

TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Aranfan wrote:Whatever floats your boat Button. I will admit to typing that quickly and without careful attention.

I will also admit to having both ADHD and Dyslexia.

Relevant
A) Best way to call WIFOM I've ever seen.
B) You wouldn't call WIFOM if I was wrong, you would have let us believe it.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:12 pm

Post by Aranfan »

TheButtonmen wrote: A) Best way to call WIFOM I've ever seen.
Thank you.
TheButtonmen wrote:B) You wouldn't call WIFOM if I was wrong, you would have let us believe it.
:D
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:20 pm

Post by Aranfan »

My, I've gotten chatty haven't I? Might be because claiming got a load off my shoulders I didn't know was there.

Also, Button, both "is" and "are" are conjugations of "am". And conjugating verbs are always hard.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:39 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Naw, you not very good at denying things; what you should have said was "I was referring to the side / alignment" this claim of mixing up "is" and "are" when your a native english speaker is laughably bad.
Aranfan wrote:Also, Button, both "is" and "are" are conjugations of "am". And conjugating verbs
are
always hard.
I lol'ed
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:27 pm

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

TheButtonmen wrote:Naw, you not very good at denying things; what you should have said was "I was referring to the side / alignment" this claim of mixing up "is" and "are" when
your
a native english speaker is laughably bad.
I loled :wink:
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:01 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Definitely the "is" was the first thing I noticed.

Wow, we did a good job! Sorta flies in the face of that whole low-odds-D1-lynching scum thing I always hear about and don't believe.

Don't worry aranfan, being scum (and not scummy) takes a little practice. And this maybe a more astute town than most. Even great scum give off tells!

And yes, I hate being scum too, it IS like a horrible weight and guilt sometimes :D

But your sins are forgiven you, having confessed and sought redemption...

Not sure for a partner but a quick read through this D-1 monster might shed some light on it. I like aranfan-brosius but not for anything specific at this point.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:19 am

Post by Civil Scum »

aran wrote: And conjugating verbs are always hard.
I thought he meant conjugated verbs are always aroused...

Furry: It's always interesting to hear fresh perspectives on early things (even I had forgotten).

Squirrel saying it was random and still coming up with that seemed very pecuiliar to me when I first read the thread. I also initially thought this was going to be a big point, but he/she(?) handles the scrutiny quite well in the next page or two and it really isn't a big deal. It is a null point, unless you can come up with a damning and highly logical reason/motivation for squirrel to have lied about that.

So what were the other reasons you'd be voting for squirrel by that point. Are you looking for a case, a good one, or just small points that can be used against people (or 'could have been used by people against someone' in your words)

Feel free to post more thoughts if you make it in during twilight.
Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:07 am

Post by Humble Poirot »

Wow... Interesting development. I for once, would've never given up... I was about to complain to 5cvm for the lack of explanation on the Aranfan vote... But it seems he was finally useful. :lol:

I guess we all have homework now. Read Aranfan and every possible link with every player and see what we might find.

I will have to rethink my thoughts about EG. I'm not saying he can't be scum with Aranfan but I need to find out what are Aranfan's links with him (and everyone else) before I claim anything.

Regarding button... He should also win some townie points due to his clashes with Aranfan. But I'm still annoyed with his laid back attitude and the back that he refuses to explain why he suspects me when he hadn't practically ever mentioned me before.

The good thing about having 2 possible lynches (in case EG is town) is that his partners might have not given up on him so there might be subtle defenses OR being afraid that he would get lynched in the future they might have bussed him. I guess it will all depend in the manners of the accusations/defenses.
5cvm wrote:Aranfan is not my absolute top pick, but he's better than evilgorrilaz. I will vote him.
L-1 alert.
Claim request.

unvote, vote: aranfan
I'd like an explanation regarding why you thought he was a better pick than EG.
Aranfan wrote: And no, you're not getting who the other scum is out of me.
This might be WIFOM. But might also be a slip telling us that he has only ONE partner. It's not really that important though. If we find a partner and the game ends, we will know.
Civil wrote: But your sins are forgiven you, having confessed and sought redemption...
Yeah, we will try not to smash your head to much when you are lynched... XD

So, I'll see you later.

Mod: Make sure you give a long enough night for Furry to catch up
If you are to be Hercule Poirot, you must think of everything.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:59 am

Post by Civil Scum »

humble wrote:
The good thing about having 2 possible lynches (in case EG is town) is that his partners might have not given up on him so there might be subtle defenses
OR
being afraid that he would get lynched in the future they might have bussed him. I guess it will all depend in the manners of the accusations/defenses.
Hmmm you forgot to include attempts at strengthening the the gorrillaz case.

A little weird you missed that. Although your points on gorillaz were respectable, and if you had done it with this sort of malicious intent, then perhaps you wouldn't have mentioned this.
UNLESS
doing so is a subtle and clever of excusing yourself for it.

You're quite right that it will depend on how people defended (if anyone? although the instances of "hand-holding" should probably be looked at) or the timing/flava of the accusations.

If buttonman did bus, when abouts did he, and can we discern when he became "fixed" on voting for aranfan? Also he could say why that was.

I was also going to mention scvm, but it just didn't seem pertinent. And bad play or not, what's 'bussing to win' to a claimed scum? Jeez, I may start to sound like hito after too long.

Real quickly, about how I was 'ignoring' scvm earlier (a negative assertion echoed/parroted by humble without much thought it seemed, since we knew he wasn't being very responsive or helpful, has claimed scum, etc), when scvm said I'd do good to answer a question of hito's, my post began with "No problem". I will again sound like hito and say that I do have thoughts outside of the thread, and in the 'no problem' there was obviously a lot of not ignoring scvm and thinking he is likely town, which I still do. A point against humble I'm thinking. And as if I were the only person "ignoring" scvm. Jimmeny crickets!

Anyways, gonna be quiet and read the thread.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:57 am

Post by Civil Scum »

It's safe to say that scvm is not scum with xvart and buttonman.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:29 am

Post by xvart »

Okay then. I'm assuming it is okay to hammer now?

Unvote: Evilgorillaz
Vote: Aranfan

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:20 am

Post by ChiboSempai »

You're kind of slow there xvart... Didn't Aranfan hammer himself?
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 am

Post by 5cvm »

I'd like an explanation regarding why you thought he was a better pick than EG.
That would be because EG is town. :)
(Also I've mentioned aranfan might be scum a couple times.)

And no, you're not getting who the other scum is out of me.
I've seen people (raekuul) do this intentionally to try to mislead the town.
(But what he means is... me, obviously, and then his remaining partner XVART is the name you won't get out of him. ;) )
His partner is Xvart, for the record.
Okay then. I'm assuming it is okay to hammer now?

Unvote: Evilgorillaz
Vote: Aranfan

xvart.
Cases are overrated. Point to something blatantly scummy and insist that people are idiots if they don't see it and agree that the perpetrator is scum. ~Vi
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:19 am

Post by Civil Scum »

It's a strange post to say the least, it does look late and weird and bad, at the same time it's not completely out of line with simply missing a vote.

Scvm, if you now intend to be taken seriously, or are going to pretend that someone else doesn't have to do all your leg-work for you, or be believable in any way, you have to substantiate your claims far better than that. I think there's going to be a lot of stuff to go off of D-2, and I suggest you work with it or face a lynch a tomorrow, assuming you don't get vig'd kill. Since we're going into D-2 ahead of the curve so to speak, I would probably support your lynch tomorrow.

You could be claiming scum again here, and be scum for all we know (except I think it unlikely, and humble seems to be sure) or your comment could be a pathetic 'I mentioned aranfan too, I knew it, nyeah nyeah, I knew so'. Either way, I'm beginning to think that your play
hasn't
improved, and you
will
become a detriment, especially as this continues into the later game.

In my last game a player (gayle) claimed scum after his lynch in twilight and was actually a townie and it was interesting. However aranfan sounded genuinely disgusted and upset (and maintained, tried to save face saying, 'well I was serious about that and that') and furthered the discussion with buttonman. As buttonman noted, aranfan probably wrote it in haste and with feeling so it may be accurate, although some WIFOM certainly, and as humble mentioned, it really isn't going to matter.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:25 am

Post by xvart »

ChiboSempai wrote:You're kind of slow there xvart... Didn't Aranfan hammer himself?
Yes, apparently I am a little slow. I guess I was so shocked by the scum claim that I missed the self vote.

xvart.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:45 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Scvm, look at us, practically everyone 'knew' aranfan was scum. This one wasn't rocket science or something. But you didn't do anything but vote, the absolute least that you could do. You never pushed the wagon, you didn't help with the case, you didn't give one useful hint of assistance, you didn't try to convince anyone to vote for him. So EVEN if you did 'know' he was scum, great job, you didn't do anything helpful about it and had practically nothing to do with the actual lynch.

The vote was in the same post, I don't know, it looks more like a mistake than anything else to me.

Anways, sorry that's enough out of me. Interested to see what people come up with tomorrow.
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:32 am

Post by Boxman »

Well, that was anticlimactic.

Vote Count 13 of Day 1: Lynch

Aranfan (7) - TheButtonmen, ChiboSempai, Civil Scum, hitogoroshi, Evilgorrilaz, 5cvm, Aranfan
Evilgorrilaz (2) - Humble Poirot, xvart

Not Voting (3) - A_Squirrel, Furry, Tommy

It had been a long day. Fingers were pointed, and suspicion floated from person to person. The suspicion of most of the town finally came to rest on one Aranfan, who had been noticed to be hiding around the edge of the debate. Some of the others brought him into the center of discussion, intending to force him to talk.

And talk he did. He finally broke down in the middle of the others, admitting to being a member of the mafia, admitting to having a part in killing the mayor, and finally admitting to distracting people in the middle of the night, finally casting a vote for himself to be lynched.

He allowed himself to be led to the makeshift gallows that had been erected during the long day, and tied himself into the noose. And so he hung, weaving from side-to-side.

His belongings led them to believe his tale was true.

Aranfan, Mafia Roleblocker, lynched Day 1

It is now Night 1. Night will end on January 12, 2010, at 10:00 PM CST, to give Furry a chance to read up.

Send your actions to me.
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Mini 885 - Mafia in the Village (need 2 replacements)
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by Boxman »

I'm a little early here, but I sincerely doubt anyone will change their action within an hour of deadline. So, on with the new day...

The various townspeople awoke in various ways - some with the ringing of an alarm, others with trained routine. A yawn or two, and the townsfolk walked to the square, hopeful after the success of the past day. A quick roll call brought frowns to some of the faces of the townsfolk. They quickly walked to the homes of the missing, prepared to search homes.

The first missing person went by the name of Furry, who had taken to rereading some of the past day's transcripts before bed. As they opened the door, the townsfolk gasped in shock. There was a surprising lack of blood at the scene - some had expected the scene of some vast horror movie or some such nonsense. In fact, there was little blood because of the knife jabbed in the wound - little blood had escaped, despite the knife having pierced poor Furry's heart. Carelessly, one townsperson removed the knife - the blood spilled over the transcripts Furry had been reading. Ugh. The other townsfolk went about examining the man's belongings.

It was a perfectly normal house.

Furry, Vanilla Townie, stabbed N1

The second missing person was a rather more well-known fellow - Tommy, his name was. The townsfolk opened his door, hoping for perhaps a scene similar to the last house (or at the very least Tommy sleeping). They opened the door to be greeted by the fresh corpse of Tommy, lying in front of the door, holes in his body and blood all over the walls. The townsfolk, grimacing at the scene, explored the small home. They found nothing more than a few donuts. They left them alone.

Tommy, Vanilla Townie, shot N1

The third, and final, missing person had been fairly vocal during the past day - in fact, he had been rather civil, as his name Civil Scum had implied. Naturally, his name had incited some suspicion during the early stages, but Civil had assured the others that his name was the result of bad humor. The townsfolk were prepared for the worst as they opened the door to Civil Scum's motel room.

For some reason, the only thing they could seem to find was a rather suspicious red stain above Civil's medicine cabinet - a rather large and well-stocked medicine cabinet. Civil had been an experienced life-saver during his life. It seemed they could label poor Dr. Scum as another victim of the mafia - albeit missing. At least, missing until they found his body lodged in a trunk at the foot of the bed, a hole in his skull.

Checking his body, the scalpel and stethoscope raised little suspicion. It was the crumpled letter to a Mr. Aranfan and the pistol that aroused their suspicion, and made them decide that 'poor Dr. Scum' had in fact been a crooked... crook.

Civil Scum, Mafia Doctor, shot N1

It is now Day 2. Deadline is currently Jan. 26, 2010, at 8:00 PM CST.

With 8 alive, it will take 5 votes to lynch.
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Mini 885 - Mafia in the Village (need 2 replacements)
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by ChiboSempai »

... Wow three night kills

Obviously no clue as to what faction or roles shot what but gotta say it's good that the Mafia Doctor was taken down, that's a really powerful role.

I am though somewhat dissapointed at 5cvm not being night killed, especially with 2 non-mafia kills.

The last line of Civil's death flavor doesn't mean anything does it? I don't quite get it with the letter to Aranfan, though flavor really doesn't mean much anyway.
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by Humble Poirot »

This is really good... I gotta go to sleep now... (waking up early) but I'm confident that we have vig + sk... The only thing I'm unsure of is if we have another scumbuddy or if it was just Aranfan + Civil scum....

based on the flavour... SK killed furry... and I will develop on that tomorrow.

See you later.
If you are to be Hercule Poirot, you must think of everything.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Okay, we are in a really really delicious spot.

The mostly likely combination for those kills is vig, mafia, SK. If that's the case, there is either zero or one mafiosos's left. Notably, this means if 5cvm is scum, he's NOT scum with button or xvart.

Very happy with the Civil vig, though I'm wondering why 5cvm wasn't the target.

Really, really sucks for Furry that he probably worked like hell to catch up and then got killed. :(

I want to dig back looking at Tommy and Civil's posts. With all of the content Civil vomited I'm sure I'll be able to find something.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
A_Squirrel
A_Squirrel
Townie
A_Squirrel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by A_Squirrel »

definitely interesting. Totally went oh s--- as i read and scrolled down, and the night scene got longer. O.O

As chibo pointed out, it's interesting that 5cvm is alive, given that it seems vigs are often delegated the role of offing players like him. I think the last line is just flavor, to establish links between Civil and Aran which would allow us to determine Civil as scum after death.

Does seem like sk+vig, with the vig knifing people. Shame Furry died after replacing in and reading during the night, making most of that work not so useful. =( (if you're reading this, thanks for the offer regarding the avy, but the absurdity of this one has grown on me--apparently the girl is some werewolf princess or somesuch who has gained some weight and taken a liking to kilts. XD)

Currently going through the game looking for connections. Hopefully will be done in the next few days. I honestly am not looking forward to looking at civil.
A_Squirrel
A_Squirrel
Townie
A_Squirrel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by A_Squirrel »

ebwop: sk knifing people. Guess I should go to sleep. -.-
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Post by ChiboSempai »

There's really nothing you can take about who killed who in terms of flavor. There is nothing saying that a SK has to slice or scum has to shoot. It could be the other way around.

I'm also surprised people are suggesting that there might already be no more scum left. Until we get concrete proof of this we shouldn't act like there are none left.

Judging by who died though, it's extremely likely that either the mafia or sk (if there is one) killed Furry and not the Vig. At least, it would be really stupid for a Vig to do so -_-
Since Furry just joined and didn't have time to voice his opinions, it was smart for whoever killed him to keep the town quiet.
Show
join game

lynch town

win
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:44 am

Post by xvart »

hitogoroshi wrote:The mostly likely combination for those kills is vig, mafia, SK. If that's the case, there is either zero or one mafiosos's left. Notably, this means if 5cvm is scum, he's NOT scum with button or xvart.
If the assumption about being only one scum is true then then he/she would not be scum with anyone.

I agree with the sk and vig theory; not that it matters. I'll be reading back through as well through the day. More content to come tonight.

xvart.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”