Mini 897 - OpenSource Mafia - Game over!!

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:58 am

Post by Faraday »

Reading through and typing as I go…

Fishy’s a Miller? Okay, miller claim is a null tell. Flavour makes some sense but that doesn’t help either way. I’d be wary of him living to endgame, I’ve seen amazing fake miller claims before (Kublai Khan) but I guess he should be judged on his play.

Yo @ Post 36. Icerint, you say Josh was role fishing, I don’t actually buy that but whatever, but if that’s the case Glork was the one that brought it up in the first place, why is it scummy to want information from a possible soft-claim?

Wat @ Snow_Bunny’s ability. UM Okay. That’s weird? I guess I could see it, maybe. I disagree with the cult thing said later by socio fwiw, seems way too ballsy for a cult recruiter to put that big of a target on their back. Possible but not likely.

SSK is voting someone for not voting the scummiest person. Lolujustconfusedme.

Also missed fishy saying 3rd parties generally appear innocent. That’s, well that’s untrue. It really does depend on the game. Lots of SK’s don’t get investigation immunity in my experience though.

Ugh @ Josh. UK’s attack on him is very valid at the end of page 3. Not really a lot else I can about it, it’s valid, and yeh, FUCK YOU JOSH.

Pom’s 78..idk. It strkes me as off, but I can’t put my finger on why. I’d nopt be surprised if she was mafia who’d considered claiming, but was hesitant to do so. Just a gut feel, but yeh.

Re: The force replacement thing about the mafia cult, it strikes me as quite inelegant and unfair, but I guess it works at the very least.

Alamaster, did ya just claim scum? Hmm okay, that elaboration looks, well flavour wise it seems to fit anyway, I guess. I think given both roles a chance to be used tonight makes the best sense from what I’ve read so far, I see the potential positives greatly outweighing the negatives. At least S_B is informed of any alignment changes.

Re: a full claim, I’d leave it up to Snow to decide. If she thinks it’s best to stay non fully claimed then I’d tend to leave her for the time being. Might be better to wait till day 2 or so to ask for a full claim actually, that way at least *she* knows what she’s doing and the scum are in the dark, for the moment at least.

Hmm Ice has subtly (or not so subtly, idk) defended Vaya a few times now. I get he doesn’t like policy lynches, but idk, it’s noted for the future.

Page 7 now for the record.

Not posting is NOT a null tell if you don’t scum hunt in your initial posts imo. Asking for a full claim like is just bad, especially from Vaya as it’s unclear where she stood on stuff after being absent.

I disagree with Glork here. I don’t think Socio is being insincere at all. I’d agree it’s quite hyperagressive but it comes across as sincere to me.

Vala’s 167 is scummy as fuck.

SSK being rather useless, JOY! Oh he has info that Vaya is scum? I don’t buy that at all actually, but we’ll see I guess. Oh rapid action? Okay, that’s interesting. Not buying it still

Vaya 210: Hesitance means he’s making it up? Why? Surely he could be just being careful with his information and not want to reveal it.

Pom comes in with …well very little.

Okay the mass votes away from JL is strange, and I say that as his replacement. He’s been scummy, and really done nothing to aleviate said scumminess so to see 3 or 4 people switch away from him is weird.

Pom why is the 3rd or any other arbitary number on the bandwagon more scummy than any other if the reasons are justified. I don’t understand this as a scum-tell at all, actually. I thought his vote was

UK your reasons in 246 for voting Icerint..
Uk wrote:Worrying too much about appearances (It's not OMGUS if you actually have reasoning, so damn the accusation and go forward. At least if you're townie) 
-Bandwagon following (not scummy in and of itself but not very helpful to town) 
-Strong defense of possible scum, assumption that SSK was the liar rather than Vaya at first (chainsaw possibly) 
-Strong defense of Vaya prior to SSK's claim 

Number 2 ins’t a scum tell, and can be helpful. Number 3 and 4 hinge on Vaya’s alignment, so I don’t get the vote switch here at all.

Wooo a Pomegranate wagon. About time.

Oh god @ Josh’s 306. DAYKILL HI…owait he’s me :/
6/1/10
Glork, 3 quick votes? Bad thing? What does it mean, the wagon is less likely to be on scum? I personally haven’t noticed speed of wagon correlating to an alignment in any game I’ve played on this site, but if you’ve seen differently I guess that’s fair enough.

SocioPath uses meta and then proceeds to spiout, well stuff. Interesting , but the entire paragraph @ UK was slightly irrelevant.

Skipping some stuff that I find interesting but not useful in developing reads on anyone.

Vaya coming back defending Ice is interesting, why do you feel Ice is town, or what has he done to look town in your eyes?

I like Almaster’s 367

Is being hypocritical a scum-tell Pom? You vote Alamaster for it, but imo he’s at least made a couple of good points, and does seem to be scum-hunting whereas I don’t get that impression from you.

UGH gonna take a break.
This is why I don't replace too often :oops:

Anyway I find pom and phate reasonably scummy, phate mostly for his predecessors actions, or lack thereof.
Alamaster looks reasonably/most townie to me at the moment, actually.

Icerint/Vaya have a connection, what that means Idk but there's been a few instances where they've defended each other. I think if one is scum the other is more likely to be scum, but it's useless to speculate with no alignments revealed.

Snow_bunny's claim is probably legit, I suggest she does what she thinks is best tonight, as she has the most info about her role.

EBWOP:

Sup Ice?

It states that it
does
investigate the alignment, but then comes back with a guilty or innocent, which is something I found a little odd, it could just be a mix up in the role pm, or mean something more, though I'm not sure.

It's possible I've missed stuff in my read through, though I *think* I got everything important. Any questions on stuff I posted feel free to ask, obviously.

I'm aware we're near deadline, and it's a bad situation, but yeah, not my fault Josh disappeared.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:00 am

Post by Faraday »

Iecerint wrote:And looks like the affiliation claim already came. Do you have more for us once the Mod OK's a paraphrase, or is that the OK'd paraphrase?
Nope that's all I'm allowed say. Not that I think my role name would affect my claim overly much really, but yeah I can't say it anyway.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Glork »

Oh snap, things have happened in this game.

Preoccupied at the moment, will read/respond within a couple of hours...
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:13 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

Iec wrote:
If SSK can help us evaluate the claim, that's fine. He should be careful to avoid unwittingly assisting in a fakeclaim, though.
Good point, actually.

The Iec vote has already been resolved, of course, Faraday.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:23 am

Post by Iecerint »

JL's post was rolefishing because he was pretty much asking Glork to provide details about his role. I agree that Glork maybe shouldn't have indicated his association with that rule mechanic, but that doesn't make it OK for JL to try to make the situation worse IMO. I had early-game rolefishing on my mind because I'd recently finished ILY mafia, where I called someone out for pretty much the same thing on page 2, everyone complained that I was reaching, and he ended up being scum that survived to endgame. <_<

I love Vaya, it's true. Read ILY mafia and especially Movie Madness for games I've played with him that led to this feeling. I think he's a strong player, even if a very lurky one. I also think his lurkiness makes him a nearly zwet-tier policy/scummislynch target, which annoys me, because Vaya participates well once the game gets going.

Now that Faraday has explained the alignment business a little better, I don't think he's necessarily insane. But I'd still maybe be OK with lynching Vaya, since that puts us in a better position to evaluate the Cops and UK has retracted her theory that she can help evaluate SSK's result D2. (Frankly, I'd rather lynch claimedscum Alma. The probability that a town player would perceive ARE YOU SCUM? LET ME KNOW! as implying a role that fits just perfectly with their flavor is very very very low to me. The only reason to forego lynching Alma I can see is Glork's insinuation that he may be able to judge Alma's alignment due to their both being numerologists or whatever.)
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 am

Iec wrote:
Now that Faraday has explained the alignment business a little better, I don't think he's necessarily insane. But I'd still maybe be OK with lynching Vaya, since that puts us in a better position to evaluate the Cops and UK has retracted her theory that she can help evaluate SSK's result D2.
Excuse me? where did I EVER say I retracted that theory? I can totally still evaluate it. Even if we lynch Vaya I can still get some interesting results.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:35 am

Post by Glork »

I think there's a definite theme of not being able to claim full info D1. I know there's a hugely signifcant part of my role that I can't claim until D2. Assuming I live to D2 (which is never a safe assumption :/), I plan on fullclaiming in my very first post of the day.

FoS: Phate
... Massclaim D1 is a bad idea, IMO. I'm a little disappointed that we've outed so much role information so far.

Josh's "
you don't want to lynch me today
" post made me think "if he claims, he's going to claim Cop," and that's exactly what Faraday claimed. That actually gives significant credence to the claim, in my own eyes.
Unvote
I think that given the week long extension, we should have no problem stringing up a better target.

Vote: Iece
for now, I guess. Will gladly switch to Pom.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:41 am

Post by Iecerint »

You retracted your theory to the extent that you now want to lynch Vaya. Prior, you were adamantly against lynching Vaya. Now you are OK with it. So your prior theory -- the one that kept lynching Vaya from being a good idea -- is implicitly void. Or you were making a logical error earlier when you said you didn't want to lynch Vaya. Or I suffer from lack of creativity.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:46 am

Iec wrote: You retracted your theory to the extent that you now want to lynch Vaya. Prior, you were adamantly against lynching Vaya. Now you are OK with it. So your prior theory -- the one that kept lynching Vaya from being a good idea -- is implicitly void. Or you were making a logical error earlier when you said you didn't want to lynch Vaya. Or I suffer from lack of creativity.
Means at this point I am not sure that SSK is insane. But I was hasty to jump to that conclusion, so I'll go back to my theory.
Glork wrote:
Vote: Iece for now, I guess. Will gladly switch to Pom.
hmm? Why Iec?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Glork »

In fact, I 100% believe that Faraday is legit.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:49 am

Post by Glork »

UncertainKitten wrote:
Glork wrote:
Vote: Iece for now, I guess. Will gladly switch to Pom.
hmm? Why Iec?
Honestly, it was mostly arbitrary. That and I want a little bit of parity in the vote count, because I think it makes for more interesting decisions.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:53 am

Glork wrote: Honestly, it was mostly arbitrary. That and I want a little bit of parity in the vote count, because I think it makes for more interesting decisions.
Well played. As it happens I agree. Though I'd like to see the latest vote count.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:54 am

Post by Glork »

BTW, if I get killed tonight, I'm innocent. Just an FYI.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:56 am

BTW, if I get killed tonight, I'm innocent. Just an FYI.
Oh.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:01 am

Post by Iecerint »

Thanks for letting me know. :P
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:03 am

Post by Glork »

I'm serious.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:04 am

Glork wrote: I'm serious.
I know. SlySly really IS a bastard.

Ah, feel the love!!! Just for clarification, my parents were married at the time of my conception and they are still married. :twisted:
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Iecerint »

This is a no-reveal game as I understand it, though certain players are probably (hopefully) in a position to determine dead players' alignments. So. I assumed you were just making a cute joke.

Are you saying you're some kind of death miller?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:13 am

Post by Glork »

I said I'd fully claim in my first post of D2, but that if I die before then, trust that I'm innocent. I'm not going to say anything more at the time.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:13 am

Post by Glork »

EBWOP: *at this time.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:26 am

Post by Iecerint »

K.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:29 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

SB wrote:Do you know how this is called? Stalling. Stalling=boring.
This post looks bad given Faraday's claim. I understand that Josh was really scummy (hell, I was voting for him), but why the huge rush?
Faraday wrote:I'm the Cop. And I can find out one player's alignment each night. I don't however get the alignment it seems, just whether they're guilty or not, although I'm not sure what that means, if anything.
I believe this.
UK wrote:It means we should lynch Vaya because Faraday is insane/naive/paranoid unless MSSK, who needs to show up and answer this, can tell us if he gets the same sort of result (Guilty instead of alignment)
Can you explain this more? I'm totally down with a Vaya lynch, but I don't get your reasoning.

Faraday wrote:Vote Pomegranate

I've read through most of the thread, my eyes kinda ...glazed over getting around page 15, but atm she's most likely to be scum.
Yes please.
Glork wrote:Vote: Iece for now, I guess. Will gladly switch to Pom.
Make that switch, good sir.

Unvote. Vote: Pomegranate.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:39 am

Post by Iecerint »

I think that's L-2 on Pome.
Vote count, please

It also looks like Vaya only has one vote, and no one wants to lynch Alma for claiming scum. Go figure. I'd rather lynch the claimed guilty than the useless player, especially when the useless player is sort of habitually useless.
Unvote; Vote: Vaya.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:40 am

ALm wrote:
Can you explain this more? I'm totally down with a Vaya lynch, but I don't get your reasoning.
It's null reasoning now. I also realized I was trying to rely on a silly meta that wouldn't necessarily hold in a bastard game.

But basically, I figured that Faraday was pretty much claiming insane cop so SSK was probably sane. I have since retracted this opinion though.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Iecerint »

SSK claimed 99% certainty. If he's insane, either his role PM strongly implied no sanity issues or he sort of isn't very good at reading his role PM. And Vaya almost certainly isn't a Miller.

I'd be comfortable punishing him for a mistaken guilty under these circumstances.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”