populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:44 pm

Post by populartajo »

Snow Bunny, what do you think its wrong on this paragraph?

populartajo wrote:Hi guys.

Should have let you and mod know that I was away for Christmas. So Merry Christmas and such!

So back into the game, reread this, reread that, Elvis claims cop in 710 and here is a dandy analysis of what Ill call the breaking point:

First, worst scenario: Elvisscum claiming cop when rolf is at L-1.

-First idea coming to my mind is elvis-rolf scumteam with carrie preventing rabbit lynch which pretty much was inevitable. Can it happen? Definitely. I tried (and failed) at this in invi4 to save rolf himself for a lynch that interestingly enough ended in mine and in the loss of the whole scumteam.

Balance tells me that there is max 3 scum left here, leaning to 2, so a gambit like this definitely is a high risk-low reward scenario with pretty much the loss for the scumteam most of the times. Simply for the fact that all the chain explodes when only one of the links fails. So I dont see elvisscum saving rolfscum at l-1, and if this is the case, then when all the lynches keep popping out townies and all the nightkills keep popping out more townies and elvis and their investigations miraculously dont die, then voila, we have the scum here.

-Second idea is elvis scum-rolf town interaction that definitely is something to notice if elvis doesnt die near lylo. If elvis is scum, then claiming cop is pretty much suicide as long as people keep dying while she constantly keeps popping out investigations, which, we know, is something scum totally hate.

So tl/dr, elvis is prob town. If she stays alive for 2-3 more days, then she is prob scum.

Second, best scenario: Elvistown claiming cop when rolf is at L-1.

-Elvis cop for some strange reason gets a town result on rolf scum. This scenario is less likely with godfather frost dead, but still plausible with the paraphernalia of roles in flashy arsenal. We could still apply the logic above with rolf. If elvis dies and is indeed a cop, then rolf prob becomes confirmed town. Confirmed townies are pain in scumbags ass. So, if he stays alive for more than he should, then analyse voting patterns, interactions with mafiosos, etc.

Elvis, did the mod tell you what happens in your reveal?

-Elvis and rolf are both town. Pretty much the scenario Im going to work with here (at the moment).

tl/dr, at this moment, the best thing is to assume that elvis is indeed a town cop for the simple fact that trying this gambit as scum is pretty much suicided and loss for the scumteam. Im also going to assume rolf is town, applying pretty much the same logic and the likeliness of having another messup with the investigations that are reduced with a godfather already dead.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by populartajo »

Also just remembered something:

agoti, after invi4 and how I tricked you with my hider claim with rolf at L-1, why do
you
think elvis is telling the truth?
Call me Tajo.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:05 pm

Post by roflcopter »

populartajo wrote:Also just remembered something:

agoti, after invi4 and how I tricked you with my hider claim with rolf at L-1, why do
you
this post

its scummy

lynch tajo
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:08 pm

Post by populartajo »

roflcopter wrote:
populartajo wrote:Also just remembered something:

you
this post

its scummy

lynch tajo
No its not.

Its wondering why agoti is very comfortable with the elvis claim after I tricked him with a similar claim in a similar situation.

This doesnt mean I think elvis is lying, fyi.
Call me Tajo.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:10 pm

Post by roflcopter »

but it is begging agoti to think that. which means agoti is town when you flip scum.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:17 pm

Post by populartajo »

roflcopter wrote:but it is begging agoti to think that. which means agoti is town when you flip scum.
its not begging nothing, rolf.

its catching agoti in a different reaction to similar situations based on his town meta.

this isnt that hard.
Call me Tajo.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:19 pm

Post by roflcopter »

its begging/cajoling/attempting to influence the opinion of agoti, and it all adds up to the fact that you are scum and s/he is town
soi soi soi

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:43 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

populartajo wrote:Snow Bunny, what do you think its wrong on this paragraph?

populartajo wrote:Hi guys.

Should have let you and mod know that I was away for Christmas. So Merry Christmas and such!

So back into the game, reread this, reread that, Elvis claims cop in 710 and here is a dandy analysis of what Ill call the breaking point:

First, worst scenario: Elvisscum claiming cop when rolf is at L-1.

-First idea coming to my mind is elvis-rolf scumteam with carrie preventing rabbit lynch which pretty much was inevitable. Can it happen? Definitely. I tried (and failed) at this in invi4 to save rolf himself for a lynch that interestingly enough ended in mine and in the loss of the whole scumteam.

Balance tells me that there is max 3 scum left here, leaning to 2, so a gambit like this definitely is a high risk-low reward scenario with pretty much the loss for the scumteam most of the times. Simply for the fact that all the chain explodes when only one of the links fails. So I dont see elvisscum saving rolfscum at l-1, and if this is the case, then when all the lynches keep popping out townies and all the nightkills keep popping out more townies and elvis and their investigations miraculously dont die, then voila, we have the scum here.

-Second idea is elvis scum-rolf town interaction that definitely is something to notice if elvis doesnt die near lylo. If elvis is scum, then claiming cop is pretty much suicide as long as people keep dying while she constantly keeps popping out investigations, which, we know, is something scum totally hate.

So tl/dr, elvis is prob town. If she stays alive for 2-3 more days, then she is prob scum.

Second, best scenario: Elvistown claiming cop when rolf is at L-1.

-Elvis cop for some strange reason gets a town result on rolf scum. This scenario is less likely with godfather frost dead, but still plausible with the paraphernalia of roles in flashy arsenal. We could still apply the logic above with rolf. If elvis dies and is indeed a cop, then rolf prob becomes confirmed town. Confirmed townies are pain in scumbags ass. So, if he stays alive for more than he should, then analyse voting patterns, interactions with mafiosos, etc.

Elvis, did the mod tell you what happens in your reveal?

-Elvis and rolf are both town. Pretty much the scenario Im going to work with here (at the moment).

tl/dr, at this moment, the best thing is to assume that elvis is indeed a town cop for the simple fact that trying this gambit as scum is pretty much suicided and loss for the scumteam. Im also going to assume rolf is town, applying pretty much the same logic and the likeliness of having another messup with the investigations that are reduced with a godfather already dead.
First of all, you are assuming that Elvis-crypto team can't be possible. You are also assuming that the gambit (claiming to protect a partner) is high-risk low-reward, but I beg to differ. It there are only 3 scums (two left), and, let's say, rofl is scum and gets lynched, Elvis would start D4 alone and against 6 town. That's a bit hard for scum. And, if the gambit is to save a town-rofl (Elvis-crypto), the risks are lower. If Rofl gets lynched, then Elvis and crypto would be left as confirmed towns, and surely getting them an insta-win.

In the end, whatever everyone likes it or not, it's a matter of taking a stance. I took my stance of disbelieving the claim and thinking it's all a gambit.

But well, it can't be helped if town wants to play sheep.
crypto wrote:I hope you get lynched soon.
And I hope town manages to win somehow.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:47 am

Post by Porochaz »

unvote
for now. More later.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am

Post by populartajo »

roflcopter wrote:its begging/cajoling/attempting to influence the opinion of agoti, and it all adds up to the fact that you are scum and s/he is town
/facepalm.

Why would I try to influence agoti's opinion when:

a) me, myself and I think elvis is prob telling the truth.

b) I know agoti thinks elvis is telling the truth.

The deal is that I would expect iamusername to take this claim with a grain of salt after what happened to him in invi4*. Which means that there is a behavioral inconsistency in his play. Which means he is scum.

*in fact, he is basically the only player besides investigations that gives elvis confirmed town status.
iamusername wrote:
tajo wrote:"So tl/dr, elvis is prob town. If she stays alive for 2-3 more days, then she is prob scum."
hey town, if we can't kill elvis, do it for us plz.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:54 am

Post by populartajo »

bunny wrote:First of all, you are assuming that Elvis-crypto team can't be possible. You are also assuming that the gambit (claiming to protect a partner) is high-risk low-reward, but I beg to differ. It there are only 3 scums (two left), and, let's say, rofl is scum and gets lynched, Elvis would start D4 alone and against 6 town. That's a bit hard for scum. And, if the gambit is to save a town-rofl (Elvis-crypto), the risks are lower. If Rofl gets lynched, then Elvis and crypto would be left as confirmed towns, and surely getting them an insta-win.
If rolf gets lynched and is scum that means elvis is very likely scum. That is a high risk-low reward scenario.

If rolf gets lynched and is town, by now ways that means elvis is confirmed town.

Anyways, why would rolf be lynched/killed first than elvis?

Which is the premise of my argument. Cop claim basically deal with itself when its NOT lylo. If elvis is telling the truth, as I believe, she is going to die soon because scum cant afford a claimed cop to live to pawn them (ya know investigations are a bad thing for scum, right?). If she doesnt die and suboptymal town targets start popping out, then thats a whole different thing. But this is something we'd have to deal after, even if we have, not today.
bunny wrote:But well, it can't be helped if town wants to play sheep.
name the players that are playing like sheep.
poro wrote:unvote for now. More later.
why.are.you.unvoting?
Call me Tajo.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:01 am

Post by mykonian »

sadly, crypto has been banned. Although we have had no problems with him, I'm afraid I'll have to look for a replacement
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:45 am

Post by Snow White »

Okay well the above royally sucks ass. :(

But just to get my word in, i dont think anyone should even consider a new vote slash and or hammer until the replacement catches up and gives their view on things. Who knows they could give a fresh insight into things.

That said tajo is still my most favouritest to hang. For everything listed several pages back.

/Zawnz.

However Bunnys newfound interest in the game unnerves me slightly with no explanation to her absence. Unless i missed that.

Im thinking one of the more active may be scum... Going by Elvis-cop claims and knwoing im innocent then Mike, Poro, Tajo, AGOTI and SnowBunny are left. Im hoping that its tajo thats scum... However following end game ill be happy seeing how the theory unfolds.
I like ignorant people.
Cause they dont talk to me, and i dont wanna be talked to.
a girl on the internet
a girl on the internet
Townie
a girl on the internet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:50 am

Post by a girl on the internet »

hey tajo, remember how iamausername lurked through the first half of that game, and then made a massive post summarizing his reads, in which he named four players as scum, and all of them were scum?

obviously, since situations in that game and situations in this game are one and the same, this proves that i am right about tajo and prozac. QED, bitchez.

(starting work on part 2 now)
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:02 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I should probably let you all know that starting Friday I will be V/LA which could last up to a week. If we don't reach a lynch in two days then I'm going to unvote for that period of time. If lynch still hasn't been reached by the time I get back there, then I will recast my vote.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:05 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I will miss crypto...

I don't like tajo comparing my play in this game to his play in /invy4. It's sort of stupid. I was in that game with him and I saw how well that worked for him, which was... not at all. So I don't know why he thinks I would try the same thing.

Do I have to explain again how dumb it would be for me to fake claim cop to save rofl or crypto?
elvis wrote:If the mafia knew they had a GF, and expected a cop in the game, it would not make sense for any of the mafia to claim cop since they know they'll get counterclaimed. I mean, if a mafia was just sacrificing themselves to draw out the cop, I would not have been the one to do it. I was not under pressure. And with a cop still in the game, drawing out the cop doesn't help because they will get doc protection for sure. Better off to try to guess who the cop is, hope the doc hasn't figured it out, and try to kill the cop.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:27 am

Post by populartajo »

white wrote:That said tajo is still my most favouritest to hang. For everything listed several pages back.

that was answered several pages back with no further concern, mrs. white. I demmand a new case, an answer to my reply or an unvote.
agoti wrote:hey tajo, remember how iamausername lurked through the first half of that game, and then made a massive post summarizing his reads, in which he named four players as scum, and all of them were scum?
this isnt even related to the way you are behaving with a similar claim in a similar situation. Of all the players here I would expect you to be at least a little worried about elvis' claim. Yet, you are giving her confirmed town status.

would like also an answer to my previous post.
elvis wrote:I don't like tajo comparing my play in this game to his play in /invy4. It's sort of stupid. I was in that game with him and I saw how well that worked for him, which was... not at all. So I don't know why he thinks I would try the same thing.

Do I have to explain again how dumb it would be for me to fake claim cop to save rofl or crypto?
hey carried, reading is tech.
tajo wrote:
tajo wrote:
This doesnt mean I think elvis is lying, fyi.
tajo wrote:
a) me, myself and I think elvis is prob telling the truth.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:30 am

Post by populartajo »

Everybody seems to miss what my problem with agoti is:

If you have a player that behaves differently as you would expect him to do....

Does that mean he is scum, town, nulltell? And why?

I think the majority is thinking that Im comparing my scumplay with elvis play in this game. Which is NOT the case, as my posts above show. My problem is not with Elvis. Its with AGOTI.
Call me Tajo.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:06 am

Post by Porochaz »

a girl on the internet wrote:hey tajo, remember how iamausername lurked through the first half of that game, and then made a massive post summarizing his reads, in which he named four players as scum, and all of them were scum?

obviously, since situations in that game and situations in this game are one and the same, this proves that i am right about tajo and prozac. QED, bitchez.

Yeah exactly right. Good Logic there.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:07 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I understand now!
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:15 am

Post by roflcopter »

Porochaz wrote:
a girl on the internet wrote:hey tajo, remember how iamausername lurked through the first half of that game, and then made a massive post summarizing his reads, in which he named four players as scum, and all of them were scum?

Yeah exactly right. Good Logic there.
i thought it was great
soi soi soi

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:22 am

Post by Porochaz »

yeah because both games are exactly the same...
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:28 am

Post by mykonian »

vote count

Snow_Bunny (3):elvis_knits, mikeburnfire, crypto
Populartajo (3): Snow White, Roflcopter, a girl on the internet
A girl on the internet (2): Snow_Bunny, Populartajo

Not voting (1): Porochaz.

with 9 players, it is 5 to lynch
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by Porochaz »

populartajo wrote:
poro wrote:unvote for now. More later.
why.are.you.unvoting?
3 reasons.
1. I still cant help but feel AGOTI is the superior lynch and by going down the SB route we are risking a townie lynch
2. AGOTI has a decent post in regards to me and I want to hear it before the days out
3. Snow Bunnys response to you reeked of town.
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by Snow White »

populartajo wrote:
white wrote:That said tajo is still my most favouritest to hang. For everything listed several pages back.

that was answered several pages back with no further concern, mrs. white. I demmand a new case, an answer to my reply or an unvote.

Oh but i thought the case i compiled on you was basically me shitting all over your posts? One wouldnt think that worthy of a rebute. It more or less speaks of itself with you answering my questions with your own questions
and?
you think there was no bussing in the frost quick wagon? really?
does gut have a meaning for you?
why should i?
so you dont think that relation was suspicious. why?
white, are you an alt? what is your experinece in mafia games?
Coupled with your obnoxious attitude, pretence ignorance as to my experience with games without even bothering to look, the way you answered without explaining didly squat. Makes me like your lynch even more, the refusal to hammer ray and paradox as to you suspecting elvis without really suspecting her but others were (subtly or not) in your opinion were just the foundations. So you can go ahead and "demand" the removal of my vote but until you answer something to a satisfactory degree or i, find someone scummier than you then my vote will remain. And you do not have the power to order me to change that.

Ps.
Tajo wrote: mrs. white
lol@Marriage. Id faster be shot. :lol:

TL;DR
Your rebuttal was shite. If you actually make an attempt to explain your thought process minus insults and the attitude ill read it and re evaluate.
I like ignorant people.
Cause they dont talk to me, and i dont wanna be talked to.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”