Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

pman5595 wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:Ok, so stupid = scummy according to you right now, correct?
it depends on how they are acting stupidly

if they are acting stupidly by voting for someone with no reasoning, yes.
Wrong on all accounts. Try again next time.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Mod, replace Jase please
FLASH OF GREEN
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by pman5595 »

Ellibereth wrote:
pman5595 wrote:

Explain, please. Actually explain everything have asked you to explain, instead of continuing to act stupidly.
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by pman5595 »

Ellibereth wrote:
Mod, replace Jase please
seconded
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

pman5595 wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:
pman5595 wrote:

Explain, please. Actually explain everything have asked you to explain, instead of continuing to act stupidly.
You still haven't figured out that I'm not going to?
If not, I'm telling you now.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Leafsnail wrote:ConfidAnon - Jumped on me for an extremely weak reason, and also makes a vague, unfollowed up accusation in post 83. He looks very much on the lookout for potential mislynch candidates
. . . or I could be looking for scum. Tell me, do you have any better reasons for suspecting people?

Saying that gut can't be your only reason for voting someone is a fail comment.
Thesp wrote:I'm not sure why you think RVS is a productive means of our time (that is what you're suggesting, right?). I disagree with your assessment that my questions are pointless.
Meh, this debate is better suited for a different location. I'll do an MD thread about it post-game, cuz I'm still curious as to why questions > RVS.
Thesp wrote:To answer Firstly, I am trying to get meaningful responses from which to make keen observations on to find the scumz for us.
What meaningful information could be gathered from a question like: "Are you scum? If not, why are you lying?"
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

Thesp wrote:
My Milked Eek wrote:That's a rather silly policy and I'm tempted to random vote.
What's silly about it?
How about the fact that you're willing to stick a day 1 vote onto someone who randomly votes, instead of voting someone you think is scum? But, policy lynches/votes are, in general, silly.
thesp wrote:How likely would town have had the reaction you describe?
In this case, I'd say it's more indicative of scum than of town, hence my vote.
Ellibereth wrote:
Mod, replace Jase please
It's been one real life day, seriously.
Eek
!
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Eek wrote: It's been one real life day, seriously.
Holy crap time is slow. I thought it had been longer for some reason. He still hasn't posted once yet though.
FLASH OF GREEN
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by Thesp »

pman5595 wrote:
Thesp wrote:
pman5595 wrote:acting scummy by being stupid by voting for leafsnail without any reasoning
Voting without reasoning is not "stupid" by any means.
says the person who so hates the RVS

explain
No.

teehee
ConfidAnon wrote:What meaningful information could be gathered from a question like: "Are you scum? If not, why are you lying?"
I find it useful to gauge how comfortable someone is with the game.
My Milked Eek wrote:How about the fact that you're willing to stick a day 1 vote onto someone who randomly votes, instead of voting someone you think is scum? But, policy lynches/votes are, in general, silly.
I think it'd be worthwhile to find out who is so wedded to random votes that they're willing to risk a wagon on them, and why.

I hope and expect not to have to act on such a threat (and in some real sense, it is another game action that pushes the game into motion and necessarily moves people away from being able to randomly vote and moves towards actual votes and bandwagons), but I will if I must.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

thesp wrote:I think it'd be worthwhile to find out who is so wedded to random votes that they're willing to risk a wagon on them, and why.
Provocation. I'm known to do it a lot in real life mafia. In fact, if I wasn't voting elli already, I would have gotten that vote of yours by now.
Eek
!
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by pman5595 »

Vote: Wickedestjr

just a gut feeling
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

lmao
Eek
!
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

pman5595 wrote:
Vote: Wickedestjr

just a gut feeling
Now he's getting it.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:41 pm

Post by Oman »

pman, what is that gut based on?
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by pman5595 »

Oman wrote:pman, what is that gut based on?
oh there is absolutely nothing that makes him look like scum, but I just have this feeling, ya know?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:20 pm

Post by Oman »

Yep I know the feeling, but the reason you're getting it is because something twigged you. I'd love to know what that was. If you ever figure it out, let us know.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:32 am

Post by pman5595 »

Oman wrote:Yep I know the feeling, but the reason you're getting it is because something twigged you. I'd love to know what that was. If you ever figure it out, let us know.
I'll be sure to let everyone know, but I'll still keep my vote on him now instead of waiting until I can figure out why he's suspicious.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:25 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

The man has 1 game post, which contains 50-odd words, surely you could indicate what it is that hits your gut.

Also, not on topic, but, Wicked, is that one game you've won as town the one I lost as mafia? ;_;
Eek
!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:36 am

Post by Sotty7 »

pman5595 Post 87 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:How do you know Leaf is an innocent townie?
That's just my inference from his posts so far. He is just scumhunting.
Still that is quite a leap. What parts of his scum hunting do you agree with in particular?

Thesp, why the confid vote?

I'm not liking pman's jumping around and harping on Elli so hard. It really seems counter productive.

Explain your reasons!
No.
...Why?
Cause.
Gah EXPLAIN!
Nope.

And the circle continues.

Pman, why is not explaining your reasons silly/stupid? Can you really not think of any reasons why with holding reasons might be helpful?
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:45 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

I am liking the amount of posting in this game. Jase is the obvious exception, he hasn't posted since new years eve when he /inned. Instead of the rather draconian choice to replace him straight away, I will send him a prod, and if he doesn't pick it up in 48 hours I will begin looking for a replacement. Thanks for bringing it up Ellibereth.

Vote Count as of post 143

Leafsnail (4): [Wickedestjr, ConfidAnon, Ellibereth, Kitten4u]
Ellibereth (2): [Oman, My Milked Eek]
ConfidAnon (2): [Leafsnail, Thesp]
My Milked Eek (1): [CrashTextDummie]
Oman (1): [Sotty7]
Wickedestjr (1): [pman5595]

Not Voting: [Jase]

With 12 Players, a majority of 7 is needed for a lynch.
Deadline is 10pm, 24th Jan 2010 (GMT)
Last edited by Darkstrike_11 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:09 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

There's an issue with the amount of votes for Ellibereth,
mod
fixed.
Eek
!
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:19 am

Post by Leafsnail »

Kitten4u wrote:What's giving you this impression?
Something about the way he isn't rushing to defend his actions and cover himself up. I dunno, it's just a slight lean from past experience.
My Milked Eek wrote:You apparently noted that Jase hasn't posted yet, but yet, somehow, fail to see that ctd has been doing nothing, thesp only asked random questions in order to avoid the random voting stage and sotty is who again?
Huh? I said I was posting my suspicions, not writing an essay on everyone. Perhaps if you stopped slanging me for leaving off a few people and actually posted some of your own analyisis the discussion would have developed more.
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=39061.0
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41279.0
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41492.0 - Kinda degenerate setup, but the principles remained
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=42326.0
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41999.0
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=42239.0 - Broken setup, yeah.
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=42348.0 - NOOBS GOT CONFIRMED TOWN LYNCHED
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=42373.0
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=42742.0 - DAMN YOU MAFIA IDIOT
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=43512.0 - My favourite game ever.
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=42096.0

And I've played quite a few more I can't be bothered to link to. I'm not a very good player - that's why I've come here to learn some tactics. But rest assured that I do know how the game works.

ConfidAnon wrote:. . . or I could be looking for scum. Tell me, do you have any better reasons for suspecting people?

Saying that gut can't be your only reason for voting someone is a fail comment.
Since you're now going back on your previous reasons for voting me, you are now far more scummy in my eyes. You said absolutely nothing about "gut" when voting before - why are you using it as a reason now?

Anyway, now that I've made my replies, some follow up notes to my last proper post -
Jase - Still hasn't posted. We can probably expect a replacement for him at this rate.
Kitten4u - She hasn't done much except attack me, the player with the most votes. You say my questions aren't relevant, and could be done by scum. Well, they could, but attempting to get discussion going isn't a scumtell. Since you're only focusing on me, you must be very sure that I'm in the mafia. Why?
pman5595 - Seems to be making an effort to find scum, rather than dumping a vote on the latest bandwagon. Mostly town reads off him at the moment.
ConfidAnon - The most scummy player, in my eyes. Seems determined to kick me over small things, but doesn't seem to be making any attempt to establish whether I'm scum or not. Inconsistent motive for his original vote on me. I would like you to explain the disparity between your more recent post and the post where you voted me.
Ellibereth - Frustratingly unhelpful, but that doesn't make him scum, and I'm not into policy lynches. Something about him reminds me of useless town, but I'm not entirely sure yet.
My Milked Eek - You decided to attack me for not ignoring a few people while ignoring pretty much everyone except myself and Elli. Why?
Thesp - Making a definate effort to scumhunt and post suspicions. Not definate town, but he at least answers my questions and plays the game.
Oman - Your meta-grounds for voting seem fairly weak. Is his behaviour extremely different in this game?
CrashTextDummie - You really need to post more content. For instance, who do you think is scum?
Wickedestjr - Hasn't posted since he voted me. Please respond to my answer.
Sotty7 - You've mainly been criticising other people's play, while not making much yourself. Who do you think is scum?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:37 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Leafsnail Post 146 wrote:Sotty7 - You've mainly been criticising other people's play, while not making much yourself. Who do you think is scum?
After thinking things over I have pman and Wickedestjr as scum

Unvote, Vote: Pman

pman because of his hopping all over the place and pushing an unhelpful circular line of thought/argument with Elli. Wicked because of the part of his post here:
Wickedestjr wrote:
Leafsnail wrote:
So, if it was, in fact, a joke, what were you hoping to gain out of it?
What reactions were you looking for?
What was the purpose of the question in red, if the question in green pretty much gives Ellibereth a hint? Also, as for the green question, what told you Ellibereth was looking for reactions? I looked through his posts and I see nothing that indicates that. Those two questions were pointless. Also, it sort of looks like you are trying to help Ellibereth in a subtle manner.

Vote: Leafsnail
Feels like epic reaching to me, I see nothing wrong with the question you asked. Then he also tries to tie Elli and Leaf together with some weak distancing call. Not buying it.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:54 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Leafsnail wrote:Huh? I said I was posting my suspicions, not writing an essay on everyone. Perhaps if you stopped slanging me for leaving off a few people and actually posted some of your own analyisis the discussion would have developed more.
I'm not saying you should have posted a full, heads-on analysis on everyone, but it was and still is noteworthy that you note Jase for not having posted, while ignoring the people I brought up.

And if you think that that was an attack or "slanging" (whatever that may mean), then I'm perceiving you to be a bit defensive here. And your counterattack on me here of "ignoring pretty much everyone except [leaf] and Elli" isn't faring all too well either.

leaf wrote:Jase - Still hasn't posted. We can probably expect a replacement for him at this rate.
If only everyone had the same observational skills as you.

leaf wrote:pman5595 - Seems to be making an effort to find scum, rather than dumping a vote on the latest bandwagon. Mostly town reads off him at the moment.
It is interesting how pman calls you an "innocent townie" and that you have a town read on him.

leaf wrote:Ellibereth - Frustratingly unhelpful, but that doesn't make him scum, and I'm not into policy lynches. Something about him reminds me of useless town, but I'm not entirely sure yet.
Who's calling it a policy lynch? In fact there aren't any policy votes in this game as far as I'm aware of.

leaf wrote:Thesp - Making a definate effort to scumhunt and post suspicions. Not definate town, but he at least answers my questions and plays the game.
I don't understand how you see him playing the game. All he's doing is opposing the rvs and asking silly questions. The question(s) he asked that would appear to be relevant are inane and useless to the game.
leaf wrote:Oman - Your meta-grounds for voting seem fairly weak. Is his behaviour extremely different in this game?
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13040
See for yourself. It's a game with most of us, so it should provide an interesting read.
Eek
!
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:27 am

Post by Leafsnail »

MME wrote:I'm not saying you should have posted a full, heads-on analysis on everyone, but it was and still is noteworthy that you note Jase for not having posted, while ignoring the people I brought up.
Well, he had actually not made a single post, so I decided to post him in particular.
MME wrote:And if you think that that was an attack or "slanging" (whatever that may mean), then I'm perceiving you to be a bit defensive here. And your counterattack on me here of "ignoring pretty much everyone except [leaf] and Elli" isn't faring all too well either.
But you are. It's easy enough to criticize someone for leaving a couple of people off his list, and a lot harder to try and look at everyone yourself.
MME wrote:It is interesting how pman calls you an "innocent townie" and that you have a town read on him.
This is an idle comment intended to make me look more scummy. If you were serious, you'd vote or ask me a followup question.
MME wrote:Who's calling it a policy lynch? In fact there aren't any policy votes in this game as far as I'm aware of.
I'm not saying it is a policy lynch - just that I'm not going to vote Ellibereth just for being unhelpful.
MME wrote:I don't understand how you see him playing the game. All he's doing is opposing the rvs and asking silly questions. The question(s) he asked that would appear to be relevant are inane and useless to the game.
It got some discussion going, and at the very least, forced a post from every player who's actually here. Although, if you have a problem with his playstyle, why aren't you addressing your qualms to him?

As for the meta - as far as I can tell, you were all effectively survivors in that game. That might've changed his read somewhat.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”