kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:53 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Electric Badger

Throughout the lurking discussion early on I agreed with his reasoning. As you saw from my replies to Ecto, I felt that Ecto was misrepping Badger's words, trying to point them out as whiny when it was simply a stated fact. He was the most prevalent in the thread until Starbuck replaced in.

Starbuck

One of the thing that strikes me the most is why would you call a claim so early? He is was still at L-1 when I was asked to make this if I'm not mistaken, and there wasn't a hammer. Other than that you have made good arguments to counter ElectricBadger.

Parts

The case against him seems to be that he was being coached by Ecto and his quote
Parts wrote:I don't care whether this is consistent over his game history or not. His reasoning followed fine for this game and that's all I'm judging on.
The way I saw it was he didn't care for information outside of the game thread regardless if it helped or not, in this instance. I don't like his accusation of the buddying/distancing act, for what I posted in my other post commenting on this. It came to mind that possibly the reason he came up with a theory like this is he is engaged in one or the other himself, and it looks like he is trying to distance himself from Starbuck and EB by calling them both scummy in his book.

Xscorpion

He's just making little quips about everything. Unlike Starbuck, I don't think that the link Starbuck mentioned was coordinated. His style has been to ask little questions that enhance any given theory at the moment, which is what probably happened in the beginning.
He has really tunneled on CSL, although with reason.

CSL

He is basically a basket of contradictions. Voting Badger for lurking, accusing Parts for not scumhunting...
Hopefully we will see something come out of these isos he is planning.
Although I really do not like how he doesn't even know his reasons for voting ElectricBadger.

Josh Lyman:

Well he still hasn't replied to my question here:
kunkstar7 wrote:What reasons made you choose to direct this question at Starbuck/Ecto over ElectricBadger?

Actually, We have only seen two posts come out of his slot.

Honestly what I feel out of this is everything revolves around ElectricBadger and Starbuck. It seems to me that Starbuck is trying to cover for some early scummy mistakes that Ecto was making, and well she's doing it pretty well. I don't think there is any distancing act here, while it is a possibility, it doesn't seem likely to me. With a Starbuck lynch we would see how well the rest of the cases fit together. The reason I'm hesitant to mention this is that if Starbuck is town, she is a good asset, and lynching her loses that if she is town.
Welcome to the Network.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:57 am

Post by Starbuck »

kunkstar7 wrote:One of the thing that strikes me the most is why would you call a claim so early? He is was still at L-1 when I was asked to make this if I'm not mistaken, and there wasn't a hammer. Other than that you have made good arguments to counter ElectricBadger.
Why is calling for his claim when he is one vote away from being lynched too early?

Why would I call for his claim after he was hammered?

I want legitimate answers to both of these questions.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:16 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

You wouldn't call for his claim after he was hammered, you are correct there. The point is that there hasn't been enough to even constitute the L-1 he was at, CSL didn't even know why he was voting for him. He should have not been at the L-1 that would have prompted the claim. If he was under actual pressure and the intent was shown that he was going to be lynched, then yes the claim would have been warranted. As it was he was at L-1 for an entire day without being hammered.
Welcome to the Network.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Starbuck »

But he was at L-1, anyone could have hammered him and we wouldn't have his claim.

So how was my calling for his claim WHEN HE WAS AT L-1 calling for it too early? How was he not under pressure? He was at L-1. He was one vote away from being lynched.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:10 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Not responding to the above as it wasn't addressed to me, but let me know if/when you want my answer.

Parts, you've gone very quiet lately. I'm still awaiting replies to 101. Also, do you still see Starbuck and I as a scum team?

@Don Johnson - please prod Mr. Lyman; 4 days since his last post.
Good catch there K.

Done.- dj
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:17 am

Post by CSL »

I'm writing my iso as we speak. I have it on another tab.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:58 am

Post by CSL »

Yes, more posts.

ISO of Badger incoming.

0: Confirmed
1: RVS voted Cat because cat was the last one to see nana.
2: Denies the alt. Unvotes Cat, and Votes Ectomancer
3: Tells Ecto that they are attempting to distract with the FoS following with OMGUSing.
4: More tunneling on Ecto.
5: Responding to players, asking questions.
6: Two votes because of something someone did.

Really, this is as far as I got, with being busy with a mish-mash game I'm modding soon, and other stuff. You will see more later.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Starbuck wrote:But he was at L-1, anyone could have hammered him and we wouldn't have his claim.

So how was my calling for his claim WHEN HE WAS AT L-1 calling for it too early? How was he not under pressure? He was at L-1. He was one vote away from being lynched.
Ok, an L-1 claim usually is acceptable. Yet in this case it was unnecessary, that's why it was too early.

There were three people (besides ElectricBadger himself, and if he is town its highly unlikely he would self-hammer) who could have hammered. Myself, Xscorpion, and Josh Lyman. Only two of the votes on EB were even warranted. The person who would hammer would need a really good reason as to why he thought EB was scum, to explain why he was ending the day. A hammer so sudden then would place the person who hammered under a lot of suspicion if ElectricBadger flipped town. Do you believe that the scum would throw themselves out in the open like that? Any townie should know that you don't lynch anyone without extensive discussion, doing otherwise deprives the town of chances for information, going against their win condition, so it follows that the only one that would quickhammer would be scum. So he wasn't under much pressure really, as one of the scum would have to out themselves to hammer. Note that this would be if EB flipped town, it would be a different situation if he flipped scum. If he is scum, I still don't see a quickhammer coming as why would any scum quickhammer their partner when they still had a chance at making it? And why would a townie ever quickhammer?

I'm not going to answer why EB did not claim. That was his own choice.
Whats your answer EB?
Welcome to the Network.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:33 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

kunkstar7 wrote:Whats your answer EB?
You said it, pretty much. No one that wasn't voting for me seemed inclined to do so, and all would have had to reverse their positions. A quickhammer would have outed obvscum, which is well worth my dying without a claim.

A PR shouldn't be claimed until it's absolutely necessary, especially D1 when there's no information to go with it. A vanilla claim would have made a sudden scum reversal with minimal reasoning less obvious.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:03 am

Post by don_johnson »

"I see the Badger, but where's the Electric? Vote Count"

Xscorpion- kunkstar7 (1)
Parts- JoshLyman, ElectricBadger (2)
JoshLyman-
kunkstar7-
Starbuck- (1)
ElectricBadger- Starbuck, Parts (2)
CSL- Xscorpion (1)

Not Voting- CSL

with seven alive it takes 4 to lynch.
prodding: Parts.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by XScorpion »

When's the deadline?

January 14th, 9:00 A.M. Central, i'm giving everyone a grace period to recover from new years before i seek replacements. players prodded who don't post by sunday will be replaced.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:00 pm

Post by Starbuck »

@kunkstar7 - That was an excellent answer in Post 158. I need to go back and re-read EB.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:37 am

Post by CSL »

I do apologize for not posting a full iso, but Badger's number of posts do require me to do his iso in parts, rather than the whole thing at once. Part 2 will start on post 7, and go through 15-ish.

7: "So even post holidays posting every day isn't lurking" isn't worded correctly. Please clarify. Asks Parts why he is misrepping Ecto's vote as OMGUS. (Truth be told, That's no OMGUS. More to follow on Parts' ISO about this post.)
8: Nothing of substance here. Something about a profile search.
9: Talking about a player's time gaps in another game. Parts? Puts up a good argument at someone here. (Seriously, postin an ISO with absolutely no idea who the ISO'd player is speaking to really puts a damper on things.
Please Clarify who you are talking to in future games that I'm in, please?
Saying voting him for not posting in one day would be fabricating a case. Asking someone if that wasn't intentional lurking when he made that post.
10: Saying that not posting every time he logs in is hypocritical to Ectomancer, who IS guilty of the same thing. I may be getting a scummy vibe from Ectomancer, but I'll wait until his ISO before I place a potential vote.
11: Unvotes Ecto, and Votes Parts. Wow, scummy vibe from Parts. Can't wait until his Iso! Parts' ignoring contributions + Only worrying about what's consistent in a game = Scumdar going higher.
TFoS: Parts

12: My definition of lurking is not posting in a game until you are in prod range. One reason why you'll ind out my case against you was not thought out correctly. Unvotes Parts, and revotes Ecto. Why? It looks like to me you are doing minor votehopping.
13: Gives a valid definition of lurking. And two handfuls of protown points for this post.
14: Builds a good case on Ecto here.
15: I'm going to do more scumhunting than Parts.
16: Contributes to his case on Parts, and I think I have seen enough.

Vote: Parts

Oh, and EB, claiming when you are at L-1 needs to be done ASAP, because some people who will be willing to hammer will say something about you, then hammer you.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:53 am

Post by XScorpion »

CSL wrote:Oh, and EB, claiming when you are at L-1 needs to be done ASAP, because some people who will be willing to hammer will say something about you, then hammer you.
And those "some people" are obvscum, so I don't think I agree with you at all.

So let me get this straight... you're voting Parts using evidence from your ISO of Badger, without having done an ISO of Parts yet? Yeah ok.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:03 am

Post by Starbuck »

XScorpion wrote:
CSL wrote:Oh, and EB, claiming when you are at L-1 needs to be done ASAP, because some people who will be willing to hammer will say something about you, then hammer you.
And those "some people" are obvscum, so I don't think I agree with you at all.

So let me get this straight... you're voting Parts using evidence from your ISO of Badger, without having done an ISO of Parts yet? Yeah ok.
So how in an Open game knowing that we have 2 Mafia Goons, do you get 3 obvscum voting for EB?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:04 am

Post by Starbuck »

EDBWOP: Never mind, I completely read that wrong.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:06 am

Post by Starbuck »

So Parts is now at L-1, time to claim bud.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:07 am

Post by XScorpion »

I never said they were 3 obvscum. Last time I checked, the 3 people voting for EB couldn't quickhammer him. A scum could.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:45 am

Post by Starbuck »

XScorpion wrote:I never said they were 3 obvscum. Last time I checked, the 3 people voting for EB couldn't quickhammer him. A scum could.
Did you not read that I said "EDBWOP: Never mind, I completely read that wrong."?
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:48 am

Post by XScorpion »

No, I didn't.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:49 am

Post by Starbuck »

It's right below that post. /sigh
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:51 am

Post by XScorpion »

It also wasn't there until between the time I clicked on "reply" and "post message".
Yes sometimes it takes me longer than 2 minutes to make a post, is that a problem?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Starbuck »

Wow, are you really getting snarky over that? Whatever...

Now back to your regularly scheduled mafia game....

If our lurkers ever decide to return....
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:55 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Honestly I'm really not like CSL right now.
CSL wrote:Seriously, postin an ISO with absolutely no idea who the ISO'd player is speaking to really puts a damper on things.
This just seemst to me that you didn't really try to reread and understand the entire thread before the iso, otherwise you would have some semblance as to what is going on, you just aren't putting effort into this. I have seen the case against Parts, and for the most part I agree with it. Without actually reviewing Parts, basing a vote entirely off of someone else's posts, how could you come to a conclusion that he is scum?
Welcome to the Network.

Return to “Completed Open Games”