Newbie 871 - Game Over Town Win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by Annachie »

A little, but I want to return to this in the end game and wanted people to think of it now to get the "at the time" feelings.
I try not to sign things. It just encourages people.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:22 am

Post by Yankee »

I am back to normal life again now :)

Gonna read up on what I missed and post if I see something worth posting about...
Town: 4-4-0

Mafia: 1-0-0
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:27 am

Post by Yankee »

Ok, Tyrope, your claim of me being evasive because i said 24th instead of after christmas is absurd. My vacation to maryland to see my mom and sister for the first time in over a year was from the 20th to the 24th (hence why i said the 24th....) I would be back home on christmas, granted it seems I still didnt have much time for this game until today...

Also, Annachie's "Vote Resolved" Thing doesnt sit right with me
boberz wrote:No lynch does not make sense now i dont think. we are not going to find out much from that i suspect.

patrick, yeah i meant his last few posts.

unvote
And what is with the unvote with no reasoning listed? Why did you unvote when in the same post you are promoting a lynch. Something doesnt add up...

boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:18 am

Post by boberz »

He was in a corner with my vote on him he refused to either claim or give reads (a very very bad sign by the way tyrope) the only way we were going to move on was to give him some wriggle room. This of course leaves my vote free for now, I wont put it anywhere untill i see ether post. I thought it was obvious that i had exhausted what was achieved with my vote and no hammer should have come (as it didnt) untill after the season. I am suprised this needed an explanation if im honest.

I have stopped explaining a lot of what I am doing, because all info is going to scum now but some of town is missing.

If ether comes back she is town certainly i think too much of a break for mafia. I could be refuted on that.

Yankee is not good at making himself look town, but when i read in iso i saw that there was the odd good post. I am gonna reread herd now.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:27 am

Post by boberz »

Can people remind me whether they were town on herd or scum and when they decided this please.

I have read back and now have a slight town read which i didnt have before.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by Patrick »

Merry christmas to all.
Mod
still needs to prod Ether or give us a status update or something.

scum on herd from an early stage, which I'd imagine is obvious from my posts. What leads you to reading herd's play as townish?

no sense in holding thoughts back for the reason you've given, the low activity is caused mainly by the holiday season and I don't see how that leads to scum getting more information than town from what's posted.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by boberz »

I meant more specifically if you look at the p[layers still tuned in, ie yankee, tyrope and annachie was a hot contributor for a while i think probably two of them are scum 75% on that now. Indeed I had guessed you were bad on him i wondered if you had been exagerating your feelings for effect. I look now and it is largely gut, he feels like he was rfeally trying to help. I feel similarly on him as I did ray, and i was right.

He was wrong on stuff, and he was largely repeating stuff people had already said and bringin up dead points. ALl of which is scummy, but is also stuff i noticed i nearly (in some cases did) fall into. I think it might be because of the live game experience which he had as well.

No doubt someone may be thinking i am now defending yankee for no reason and trying to support him as a scum buddy. Stop thinking it if you are, i was ray's buddy at the end of the last day.

Essentially herd was crap but his very last post, where he defends me is very towny, he would ahve been delighted to have me back on his radar if he was scum.

He is distracted, evidence being starkmoons bday and annachie's wife, scum have to concentrate.

His busy excuse may have been proven right by his absence, but incog's wifom thingy still stands.

I am scraping the bottom of the barrel i have just reliedon my view of him being scummy and not thought to check it untill now.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by boberz »

annachie and tyrope i swear. when annachie said something along the lines of not wanting to say any more untill the lynch alarm bells rang. He can see tyrope is going, doesnt want to be too close or too far away from that lynch, but without it being tooo obvious. The comment makes it look like annachie is close to the decision but in actual fact makes him far enough away to adapt his play after the night time.

I think there is value in what we think the night kills would be now. So if annachie is the sole remaining scum I think patrick will be targeted. He and I are safest, but he is better at scum hunting he is obvious one to go.
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:56 pm

Post by Annachie »

I believe I said before that I would have NK'd Patrick, so any scum who wants to implicate me knows that would be the case. Anyone else would be telling.

I didn't want to say anything because I had laid out my case and it was now the towns decision. Of course when I said that I expected Ether to be more involved.

What do you mean Starkmoon's birthday?
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:04 am

Post by boberz »

there was a reference to starkmoons birthday in one of his posts, check for yourself, there is only 2 pages of iso it isnt hard to find.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:42 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:I think there is value in what we think the night kills would be now. So if annachie is the sole remaining scum I think patrick will be targeted. He and I are safest, but he is better at scum hunting he is obvious one to go.
If Ether were active at all I'd think she'd be the obvious NK target of scum. Although at this point I think you'd be their biggest target since you are by far the most active player and are good at pushing people.

@Mod
: Prod. ;)
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:54 am

Post by Patrick »

Guys, I'm failing to see how a discussion of who we think is going to be nightkilled next could possibly be useful. All it does is give advice to scum, and possibly introduce WIFOM (yes, I'm using the term WIFOM) when someone does die. Especially if you say stuff like, "if X is scum, I think they'll kill Y". Why do it?
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:51 am

Post by boberz »

There isnt much value in it patrick, i wanted to see how annachie (and others) responded to my comment. I picked up something from it.

I was also trying to look for more discussion. It worked.

Tbh I was just doing what i wanted, i was the only one playing the game properly, everyone else (except you patrick) was just responding to points I made.

Where is ether???
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:03 am

Post by boberz »

ether please come back i want to lynch now we are stagnating.

i have been thinking for a while that i might prefer an annachie lynch today it would make tommorow easier whatever the reveal. I have one or two more points up my sleeve, maybe later, maybe.

So
vote annachie
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:05 am

Post by Yankee »

I think it is quite obvious that Tyrope is in some sort of scum pairing, either myself of Annachie. I see why you guys want to wait for Ether, but it has been so long since she has been on this topic I think it is time for the hammer, and a prod of Ether. I am willing for an Annachie Vote as well, but I think it is still possible for a Boberz and Tyrope scum team just because he is voting for Annachie instead of Tyrope and trying to get annachie lynched today instead of Tyrope when it is clear that if Tyrope flips scum then Annachie will die the next day.

boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:14 am

Post by boberz »

I am suprised you still think I am in any pair to be honest. What you say is surely to basic an error for me to fall into. I have been pretty dstrong on tyrope to a point of forcing him to be the lynch instead of you.

Folllow your logic through, if annachie then flipped town we would ahve a situation where i was chasing i scum where i had no idea where. If i find annachie is town now , I can begin to realign my thinking earlier. Maybe your right though, I am also happy with a tyrope lynch.

Your post might look scummy though if annachie scum and not tyrope. But hey ho we will se in time. I think your right on ether now it has been too long. Tis for others to decide.
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:21 am

Post by starkmoon »

Yankee 2 Tyrope, Annachie
boberz
Tyrope 3 Yankee, Patrick,
Annachie 1 ksen, boberz
ksen
Ether
Patrick

not voting

Ether

I let prods go over xmas, since I have given an extra week.

Prods going out now.
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:18 am

Post by Patrick »

Ok, so we're stagnating and currently sitting at a 2-2-2 votecount. I could settle for an Annachie lynch, as I don't really have a good pairings based argument for killing Tyrope first, but Tyrope still reads scummier to me. I wouldn't support a Yankee lynch. Ether needs to place a vote;
mod
should prod her on aim if needed. I'd do it myself but I'm not sure it's allowed.

boberz, are you thinking Yankee/Annachie is more likely than Yankee/Tyrope? I'm not sure which I'd put higher, maybe hampered by the fact that I don't see either as likely.
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by Annachie »

Patrick there should be nothing wrong with you seeing if she's ok and net accessable via aim.

After 9 odd days ...
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by Patrick »

She's fine and has perfect access; I've been talking to her most days. I meant that I don't think a player is allowed to prod another player and tell them to post.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by boberz »

Patrick wrote:Ok, so we're stagnating and currently sitting at a 2-2-2 votecount. I could settle for an Annachie lynch, as I don't really have a good pairings based argument for killing Tyrope first, but Tyrope still reads scummier to me. I wouldn't support a Yankee lynch. Ether needs to place a vote;
mod
should prod her on aim if needed. I'd do it myself but I'm not sure it's allowed.

boberz, are you thinking Yankee/Annachie is more likely than Yankee/Tyrope? I'm not sure which I'd put higher, maybe hampered by the fact that I don't see either as likely.
Ether's silence has troubled me, not even an explanatory/apology post. If there was a jester i would say it was her. As it is she worries me, I may read her in iso just in case.

Yankee annachie is mor likely than yankee tyrope, but I agree that both are unlikely. NOT IMPOSSIBLE. I also think that if annachie is scum ksen will not be, I dont think that is a partnership, what do you think of that. To be honest Tyrope and anachie are the only lynches I will go for.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by boberz »

Patrick I have an idea why ether might be quiet, do you have an idea you would rather not share?
Tyrope
Tyrope
Townie
Tyrope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by Tyrope »

Patrick & boberz, it seems that you are doubting between a Yankee/annachie and a Yankee/myself combination, why then do you not vote the person in both options?
It seems the best option in my opinion, and it give you more information (Nightkill) for the decision that's bound to be made.
(Rena, here known as Haylen, on #mafia)
[18:55] <+Rena> i dont usually think when im in a game. i just act
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by boberz »

You have misunderstood and exposed yourself as scum as a result there tyrope.

We were saying we felt both were unlikely but trying to discover which was the most likely to help us decide between you and annachie. Both of us have now said we would not be comfortable with yankee this time.

You expose yourself as scum by the desperation to get others killed. If you were town you would have fullfilled both my requests (to claim, and to give detailed reads) and would not mind being lynched so much. I have already explained that it was a team game and you seemed to laugh it off. If you are on my team buck up, as it is your not.

Patrick, I think tyrope must be scum icannot forsee any other corse. However I would rather kill annachie now than in a hypothetical later round where we must get it right. We can kill tyrope tommorow easily enough.

Ether, come back now.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by boberz »

ksen yankee, out of you two, who would rather swap their vote. Even if patrick and I get on the same wagon it needs another. I do not fancy getting a replacement for ether and then have people requesting extra time to read etc.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”