Mafia 107 - Christmas Time Mafia (Game over)

RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:15 am

Post by RichardGHP »

You want to see how I react?

I claim Jack of all Trades.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:30 am

Post by Fugitive »

@ TL - I can't help but feel your post, albeit it long and extensive, is a bandwagon. Granted, I know it took a long time to put that together, but it's almost exactly what bballdemus7(8-)) and myself did. I feel like you made this post so that no one could claim that your vote wasn't thought through, but you also took the opportunity to jump on this RichardGHP thing. I find it pretty scummy that it's nearly just a repeat of What Nico and I have done.

@ Richard - Going claim happy again? I almost got a little less suspicious of you, because I don't think that's a role you would have known about without having researched or had it. I usually put research beyond your capabilities... But the claim was so unwarranted. If you're telling the truth, you've just revealed a very useful role for town that the mafia could easily NK now.

You claimed after what... 5 votes? C'mon. That's not even half way to a lynch. No one even asked for it. I can't help but feel you just found a role you previously knew nothing about, then claimed it. You're just freaking out when any amount of suspicion falls on you. And even if you are a town role, it's very anti-town the way you're playing. You've contributed nothing but weak defenses of yourself. The reason you fell under suspicion in the first place is because you just had to get overly defense over some RVS votes. Your play is solely based around protecting your own ass, and that is scum play.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:33 am

Post by TheLonging »

Fugitive: I know, I just wanted to add my own thoughts, since the only one who even struck a chord as suspicious in my mind was Richard.

Richard: No one asked for a claim. You're being claim-happy. You're not even remotely close to a lynch. You raised another bar up my suspicion meter, so my vote still sticks to you.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:45 am

Post by RichardGHP »

Fugitive wrote:@ TL - I can't help but feel your post, albeit it long and extensive, is a bandwagon. Granted, I know it took a long time to put that together, but it's almost exactly what bballdemus7(8-)) and myself did. I feel like you made this post so that no one could claim that your vote wasn't thought through, but you also took the opportunity to jump on this RichardGHP thing. I find it pretty scummy that it's nearly just a repeat of What Nico and I have done.

@ Richard - Going claim happy again? I almost got a little less suspicious of you, because I don't think that's a role you would have known about without having researched or had it. I usually put research beyond your capabilities... But the claim was so unwarranted. If you're telling the truth, you've just revealed a very useful role for town that the mafia could easily NK now.

You claimed after what... 5 votes? C'mon. That's not even half way to a lynch. No one even asked for it. I can't help but feel you just found a role you previously knew nothing about, then claimed it. You're just freaking out when any amount of suspicion falls on you. And even if you are a town role, it's very anti-town the way you're playing. You've contributed nothing but weak defenses of yourself. The reason you fell under suspicion in the first place is because you just had to get overly defense over some RVS votes. Your play is solely based around protecting your own ass, and that is scum play.
Want to know why I claimed? Because I have a powerful role that would be rendered completely useless if you lynch me today. As a Jack, as I'm sure you know, I can 1. protect another player, 2. Investigate another player and 3. Roleblock another player. Then I have a commute, but that's not really going to be a lot of use to the town.

I know it seemed unusual given the number of votes, but I feel it needed to be outed.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:46 am

Post by sorasgoof »

RichardGHP wrote:You want to see how I react?

What exactly is the Jack of All Trades? I don't see it on the Wiki anywhere. Or Google, for that matter. What can you do?
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:47 am

Post by sorasgoof »

*refresh*

Ninja'd by the man himself.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:49 am

Post by RichardGHP »

sorasgoof wrote:*refresh*

Ninja'd by the man himself.
Yup. For clarification:

One shot commute
One shot investigation
One shot protection
One shot roleblock
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:49 am

Post by TheLonging »

sorasgoof wrote:

What exactly is the Jack of All Trades? I don't see it on the Wiki anywhere. Or Google, for that matter. What can you do?
From the wiki:
The Jack-of-all-trades is a role with several one-shot night abilities - typically investigating, protecting and killing.
Their alignment can also be pro-town and anti-town. Richard's early claim was sort of dumb, but if his claim is right and he's anti-town...
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:51 am

Post by RichardGHP »

I thought the Jack could only be PT? I've never heard of a Pro-Mafia Jack.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:52 am

Post by sorasgoof »

TheLonging wrote:
sorasgoof wrote:

From the wiki:
The Jack-of-all-trades is a role with several one-shot night abilities - typically investigating, protecting and killing.
Their alignment can also be pro-town and anti-town. Richard's early claim was sort of dumb, but if his claim is right and he's anti-town...
That should probably be linked to from the "roles" page. :oops:
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:56 am

Post by TheLonging »

Ha, I found it under the letter J in the roles page.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:30 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm on page 12, and everyone is basically going, "It's fine, even if he isn't scum, anti-town lynching is good enough!" No. Find SCUM. If you think he's town, don't vote for him.
DragonsofSummers wrote:A note to all the players in this game, if you are going to attack me bring some facts, otherwise I will ignore you starting now.
Over-defensive much?

[quote="TheLonging]Their alignment can also be pro-town and anti-town. Richard's early claim was sort of dumb, but if his claim is right and he's anti-town... [/quote]
So? We're supposed to be finding scum. IMO, you're just trying to push the bandwagon so all the attention on you dies off.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:31 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

God, I always mess up quotes.
TheLonging wrote:Their alignment can also be pro-town and anti-town. Richard's early claim was sort of dumb, but if his claim is right and he's anti-town...

So? We're supposed to be finding scum. IMO, you're just trying to push the bandwagon so all the attention on you dies off.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:32 am

Post by TheLonging »

I truly believe RichardGHP is scum, which is why I voted for him.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Fugitive »

@ EC - okay. Why not contribute rather than just telling other people they're doing it wrong? Who are your top 3 scum candidates at the moment?
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:34 am

Post by diddin »

Richard, nobody asked you to claim, your voting habits still suck, and you play WAY too paranoid. The eager claim cemented my vote.

Vote: RichardGHP
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:16 am

Post by pman5595 »

wow. never going on another sleepover because missing 5 pages isn't fun.

Unvote: TheLonging
for now. gonna reread and then make a decision
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:31 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

Fugitive wrote:@ EC - okay. Why not contribute rather than just telling other people they're doing it wrong? Who are your top 3 scum candidates at the moment?
Aww.
Mad?
I am contributing. I am informing you that lynching town is stupid, though I thought that was blatantly obvious. Apparently not for you. I have no strong suspicions yet. I do not just pick people to be scum and then try to pile up evidence against them, like you've done. I need to actually observe. Richard might cry anti-town. That does not mean he is scum. If he is not scum, we should not lynch him. Yet people are saying lynching anti-town is fine. I will be looking over TheLonging bandwagon - Richard bandwagon connections in a bit.
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:39 am

Post by pman5595 »

okay, I would like to thank TheLonging for gathering all of Richards posts in one place.

Richard seems VERY suspicious in general, with constantly noobclaiming and trying to appease everyone instead appeasing himself and his own opinions. He claims early, without prompting, and he claims a very pro-town role. I am still trying to interpret the claim. On one hand, he could really be a JOAT, and it would be disastrous to lynch him. On the other hand, he could be scum trying to claim the most pro-town role they could, to ease suspicion. For now, I'm going to stick with a very heavy
FoS: RichardGHP
, and I still have an
FoS:
on
TheLonging

However, I'm gonna pull a Parama, and
Vote: malpascp
until he stops this lurking business.

other potentially suspicious people: diddin is slightly suspicious for that no-lynch vote, but I made the same mistake in another game for the same reasons. I believe he is still pro-town at this point. Sorasgoof and ready2rock are slightly suspicious for their reluctance to vote, but I think that is just cautiousness.

People who I think are pro-town: EtherealCookie, NavyCherub, Parama, Konowa
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:02 am

Post by Fugitive »

EtherealCookie wrote:
Fugitive wrote:@ EC - okay. Why not contribute rather than just telling other people they're doing it wrong? Who are your top 3 scum candidates at the moment?
Aww.
Mad?
I am contributing. I am informing you that lynching town is stupid, though I thought that was blatantly obvious. Apparently not for you. I have no strong suspicions yet. I do not just pick people to be scum and then try to pile up evidence against them, like you've done. I need to actually observe. Richard might cry anti-town. That does not mean he is scum. If he is not scum, we should not lynch him. Yet people are saying lynching anti-town is fine. I will be looking over TheLonging bandwagon - Richard bandwagon connections in a bit.
What is it with the condescending attitude of everyone here? Where did you interpret mad from? I literally asked why you only pointed out other people's wrongdoings. That's not contributing. You literally just told us that lynching a townie is bad... thanks for that. It really doesn't help when you throw insults and useless arguments around. There is literally no point in lines like "Aww. Mad?" or "Apparently not for you."

I didn't choose Richard as my target then pile evidence against him. I merely took all of his scummy actions and piled them into one post. There's a huge difference. To do what you suggested would mean I essentially choose someone at random, then go through all their posts and pick out the scummy ones. I acknowledged every single one of Richard's posts, even the one pro-town one.

That being said, I think he's scum. I said WORST case scenario he's townie who's playing anti-town, but I think he's scum. I don't vote for someone I think is townie. What else justifies his actions? Clearly others agree as well. There are two very long and detailed posts like mine that detail Richard's scumminess as well as people who followed suit and agree.

Not only that, but you avoid my question entirely. We're on page 13 and you can't list 3 suspicious people? Avoiding questions is fairly scummy and I find it impossible to believe that after this much content you can’t conjure 3 names that you think are the scummiest. I didn't ask you for 3 people you were sure were scum, I asked for your 3 scum candidates and got 0 names.

Lastly, where the hell are you contributing? Talking about the post where you reiterated Richard’s words just to say “No Lynch is a bad idea”? Or maybe in that same post where you call people newbies[263]. Or maybe your triple post on page 9
***thanks for fixing the stretch btw***
where you just restated arguments against pman’s vote on me (which was discussed to death pretty early). Or when you voted for CCARaven4 solely because he wouldn’t hammer a vote very early in the game. [217]. You haven’t contributed anything (at least not any original content). And after reviewing your posts (thanks for giving me the motivation to do so), I find that you’re pretty scummy. Definitely worth of an
FoS: EtherealCookie
, though my vote stays on Richard.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:25 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

vote InflatablePie

mostly a vibe, comprised of vote timing and riding BW...been doing this a long time, if I had to chose at this point in the game who was scum....think it would be here.

that being said,

@Richard, in reference to you JoaT claim, what other info can you give?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:27 am

Post by Fugitive »

curiouskarmadog wrote:vote InflatablePie
I don't think that counts since it's not bolded, right?
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:28 am

Post by RichardGHP »

@ckd, vote needs to be bolded.

What do you mean by "what other info can you give?"? I know it's a simple enough question but what kind of info do you want me to give, exactly?
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:28 am

Post by RichardGHP »

goddamnit Fugi >_>
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:53 am

Post by ready2rock »

DragonsofSummer wrote:@r2r: Any chance you will respond to the things I have said to you? If not I will stop caring that you have an fos on me because really it means nothing if you are going to fos me but ignore me.
I did in post 175.

Thoughts on Richard other than what other people have already posted:

His post concerning it not being easy to defend himself:
There are 2 reasons that it would be hard for you to say that you are town:
1. You are not town
2. Poor play on your part
Neither of these two things are our fault, so don't blame the fact that we made a strong case against you.

His claim:
This solidified it for me for 2 reasons:
1. You didn't back this up with any evidence as to why we should believe you, like a softclaim in your earlier posts (look it up if you don't know what it is).

2. Where is your promised defense of yourself about why you are town?

I am forced to conclude that you strove to pick out the most powerful town role you could find so that people will be reluctant to vote for you. I will not be so reluctant and I will
vote: RichardGHP
until you give a proper defense of yourself.

To other people who have been on the site longer than I have: How common is a Jack of all Trades in a normal game like this?

OK, concerning noobclaiming and why it's not good:
You have been saying a lot of things such as "It's not my fault that I don't know what x means" or "I'm not as experienced as the rest of you" these are all forms of noobclaiming, no matter how much you want to deny it. I'm going to go back to what I said earlier about your noobclaiming:
post 58 wrote:you saying "I didn't know what that is" comes off as scum trying not to take responsibility for their actions. Therefore, it is in your best interest to know everything you can. At the very least, if you don't know something, look it up on the wiki, that way you won't waste a post being confused as to what a term means.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”