Mini 885 - Boom, Game Gutshot/Abandoned by Mod!

5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by 5cvm »

Scvm hasn't posted in like 5 days. I'd almost prefer a replacement at this point.
Nono, keep going. You're doing great. I especially like the part involving lynching hito. Except you should probably respond to this point:
hito wrote:What the hell? No I don't. Me not thinking that is what you're calling the scummiest thing about pushing a policy lynch.
But hito,
You are not voting 5cvm. Why not?
Because he thinks you are scum. He thinks I could go either way. I think (actually know) that your "not caring" about my alignment goes a long way toward explaining some things about
your
alignment. :O
Cases are overrated. Point to something blatantly scummy and insist that people are idiots if they don't see it and agree that the perpetrator is scum. ~Vi
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

@ Htio;
What player(s) do you find scummiest?

@ Civil;
I'm liking the cut of your jib so far, glad to see you've kick started the game! And what makes you think Hito is scummier then arafan and could we change your mind?

@ Tommy;
Welcome to the game! Any questions you want asked or ideas you wana throw out there?
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Boxman »

I don't know if anyone needs prods right now; right now it isn't important.

There will be no deadline until after the holidays, after which a deadline will most likely be set. Also, I'm suspending all activity rules until after the holidays - I won't punish you for spending time with your families. A round of prods will probably go out after the holidays are over.

Happy Holidays, everyone!
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Mini 885 - Mafia in the Village (need 2 replacements)
A_Squirrel
A_Squirrel
Townie
A_Squirrel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by A_Squirrel »

Buttonmen, can you repeat your reasoning for Aran being scum? It's kind of scattered among your posts and buried under the 5cvm discussion.
Tommy
Tommy
Goon
Tommy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:33 pm

Post by Tommy »

Thanks, TheButtonmen. I've thrown out some ideas already. I will be asking some questions too. My plan is to finish my read-through, then work out how much I've got on each player. I expect the questions to begin then.
Tommy
Tommy
Goon
Tommy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by Tommy »

I've caught up now.

Scott Brosius, when you voted 5cvm you described as a policy lynch, but in the following post, you described others as your "secondary scum suspects". It's unclear how scummy you thought 5cvm was. Could you tell us? And has your opinion of him changed since then?

I've read the defence of your vote-switch, but I still can't see how Evilgorillaz's post merits such a sudden change:
He is defending 5cvm very strongly. His lazy attempt of scumhunting is everyone on the 5cvm wagon.

If 5cvm flips town (and EG as scum knows that 5cvm is not town) he can get town points since he defending 5cvm, and go after people on the wagon. It is the extreme confidence that he has speaking of 5cvm as if he is town that disturbs me. I think he has more information than the rest of us.
Could you pull out some key bits of post 326 that gave you this impression?

How do you now feel about xvart, ChiboSempai and Aranfan? Are they still suspicious? Would you vote for them?
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:58 am

Post by ChiboSempai »

I'm back from holiday stuff

but like for real, this game needs a deadline. I've never been in day 1 for a game so long in my life
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:12 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Well, keep up the good work then. Posts like that should help...a whole bunch!
scvm wrote: Except you should probably respond to this point:

hito wrote:
What the hell? No I don't. Me not thinking that is what you're calling the scummiest thing about pushing a policy lynch.
Np- This was the context:
hito wrote: Civil Scum 417 wrote:
Also, you seem inclined to believe that scvm flipping scum somehow allows a scum-link to be made to his "protectors".

What the hell? No I don't. Me not thinking that is what you're calling the scummiest thing about pushing a policy lynch.
Protectors meaning those voicing support OR unwilling to vote, hence the quotation marks.

Where I was referencing this:
hito wrote: When I know the 5cvm flip I'll be more willing to try to draw inferences about peoples reactions.
And the general sense that hito would go after people who got off the policy-lynch wagon or followed around after the scvm lynch goes through.

Just in case this is somehow still unclear. You never said to yourself or anyone, 'hey, why the fuck are you defending him!?'
Now, when 'Scvm is anti-town' (which you kept saying even as he was improving) is such a fact in your head, you should just as clearly see why scum have an interest in keeping him ALIVE regardless of alignment.

I don't think there's a way you can explain taking the scvm=anti-town basis you've worked with and not carrying it just one logical step further. Even if you believed he were scum, you could easily have gone after other people as well.

Tommy:
The arafan case is a couple things. A nice mix of strange stuff, bad stuff (like when he instantly gave scvm a pass as the jester and not scum), an assortment of newb-scum tells.

I'd go onboard for an arafan lynch. Just as long as hito doesn't get away!

Top scum:
hito and arafan

Tied for third:
brosius and humble

Warm holiday fuzzies for now:
Tommy
Buttons

After rereading a little, xvart's post 391 sounds legitimate. Really legitimate actually. So he's dropping out of third. Not real sure about everyone else. Having more than 12 posts to look at may help.

evilgorillaz wrote: I think there is at least 1 scum on the 5cvm wagon. I don't think I am alone in this thinking. xvart/you both stated hito was being too opportunistic. I kinda think scott/arafan/confidanon were being more opportunistic, but w.e
humble wrote: 1 scum in a 4 people waggon? Wow... what are the odds? :roll:
Humble sounds like a good/competent player, but his contributions, both in amount and quality, don't seem up to snuff. On my first read I thought gorrilaz caught too much flak for this. The start of a wagon basically. He's kinda of picking up on a sense of scvm's wagon, which seems townish to me. It is a stupid thing to say, 1 scum on the wagon, but it's like saying 'there's something scummy about the situation.' If he had said, 'I think there may be 2 scum in those 4,' someone would have probably commented on that number.

And I especially didn't like how humble acts as if he's making a good/strong point here in this post.

Wouldn't mind a post from him and brosius sometime.
Tommy
Tommy
Goon
Tommy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:56 am

Post by Tommy »

ChiboSempai, what's your take on xvart? Do you think he's scummy? If you had to choose between an xvart-lynch and a no-lynch right now, which would you pick? What would you say were the significant moments of his game so far?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:42 am

Post by xvart »

Happy holidays. I'll post before COB today.

xvart.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Odd that brosius jumped all over gorillaz for thinking that scvm=townie but was fine with humble saying that he knew it for a fact.

I think tommy has some questions for you Brosius.
Tommy
Tommy
Goon
Tommy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by Tommy »

Civil Scum wrote:Odd that brosius jumped all over gorillaz for thinking that scvm=townie but was fine with humble saying that he knew it for a fact.
When did Humble say that?
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

Humble wrote: I think 5cvm is town and I think he has potential to play pro-town (in his own unique way, but still). 5cvm is the easy lynch. We won't probably gain much from his flip. Scott has jumped on him without even commenting on the game and people are fine with it.
Back and rereading.
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
A_Squirrel
A_Squirrel
Townie
A_Squirrel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by A_Squirrel »

Tommy wrote:
Civil Scum wrote:Odd that brosius jumped all over gorillaz for thinking that scvm=townie but was fine with humble saying that he knew it for a fact.
When did Humble say that?
Post 370. Maybe elsewhere as well.

Also, Tommy, what are your thoughts on post 157?
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:08 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Yeah 370, hito barked at him for "magical powers", but didn't opt for anything other than sarcastic derision.
humble wrote: hitogoroshi... We WONT GET INFO from lynching 5cvm. It would be useful ONLY if he was scum. And he is not. I can read that much from his behaviour. He wouldn't be bold enough to pull such a stunt if scum. I'm sure.

Therefore. Lynching 5cvm is the most useless move even though he might be anti-town all game. Lets lynch scum before he hurts us more than he has already.
In the same post that he said this no less:
humble wrote: Dude... as scum or town... you have played as if you were trying to lose... so if you hadn't. The only thing that would make sense would be for you to be a jester.
And no comment on any of this from brosius. Of course, it could "just" be another instance of him not following the thread very carefully.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

@Mod
, Can we get a solid not too distant deadline?
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Tommy
Tommy
Goon
Tommy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:59 am

Post by Tommy »

A_Squirrel wrote:Tommy, what are your thoughts on post 157?
157 and the campaign that followed it were a ridiculous waste of time. There was no dichotomy in Seregil's post. By the way, I think it's worth pointing out that dichotomies aren't scummy in themselves - but
false
dichotomies are.
Tommy
Tommy
Goon
Tommy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:02 am

Post by Tommy »

Thanks to A_Squirrel and Civil Scum for pointing out 370, by the way.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:20 am

Post by xvart »

Civil Scum wrote:
xvart wrote: So basically you are for lynching anyone?
Sorry, this was it. I took this as a lowly-weak-attack on myself. Addressed it when I signed my post Xfart. Didn't appreciate it very much, that's why that slipped in there.

Really in reference to hito, who's case is coming together nicely I think.

I have a tendency to be overly-defensive, confrontational, over-aggressive, loud, and abrasive whenever I play this game. If that is offensive to your "palette", I'd hope you don't let it affect your considerations of any merit a case of mine might have.
I don't take anything personally, nor do I let it get in the way of sound deductive reasoning. You could call me an assbag and present a solid case and I would vote with you.

Anyways, my point was you basically threw your pointed finger at five people saying you would be willing to lynch any of those five (aranfan, hito (later in the sentence you said maybe not hito based on suspecting scott brosius, and me. Then you also said you might be willing to vote for anyone that is defending 5cvm (which I don't remember who has exactly "defended him" but I know the people who are trying to string him up are in your original list of five. Your broad willingness to vote included the people that want 5cvm to be lynched today (except Tommy) and the people that are defending him.

My original comment was more of a joke than anything, but now that I have typed that all that out I am a little concerned about this broad willingness to vote, and it should be obvious why.

Evilgorillaz has "defended" 5cvm more than anyone (at least in my opinion) so you should be okay with voting him; so why don't you move your vote over to Evilgorillaz to get some more pressure on him?
hitogoroshi wrote:
Because he is claiming scum and has been accusing the same people of being his 'scumbuddies' all game!
So hito, if 5cvm flips scum are you going straight for Thebuttonmen and/or me tomorrow, since 5cvm claimed us as buddies?

xvart.
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:11 am

Post by Boxman »

TheButtonmen wrote:
@Mod
, Can we get a solid not too distant deadline?
As said before, a deadline will be imposed shortly after the holidays have ended at the start of January. I'll probably set it at about 1 week from New Year's.

For now, let's say the temporary deadline is January 8. I'll take another look at that after New Year's.
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Mini 885 - Mafia in the Village (need 2 replacements)
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:17 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Sorry for going silent for a while, there. You can blame Dragon Age.
Civil 424 wrote: If scvm is a townie, there's no longer any sense wasting that "slot", as you kept calling it. Although, if he were actually scum, then he'd be getting away with murder if we kept him alive. And personally, if he flipped scum, I think you'd look just as bad as anyone not voting for him.
I'm not here to look good. I'm here to lynch an anti-town player.
5cvm 425 wrote:
Scvm hasn't posted in like 5 days. I'd almost prefer a replacement at this point.
Nono, keep going.
You're doing great.
I especially like the part involving lynching hito. Except you should probably respond to this point:
hito wrote:What the hell? No I don't. Me not thinking that is what you're calling the scummiest thing about pushing a policy lynch.
But hito,
You are not voting 5cvm. Why not?
Because he thinks you are scum. He thinks I could go either way. I think (actually know) that your "not caring" about my alignment goes a long way toward explaining some things about
your
alignment. :O
(emphasis mine)

This is such stupid buddying I don't even know how to react. I know your ENITRE plan is to not contribute a single thing and trust other players to work your defense for you, but please, try to at least look ashamed about it.

This is where I re-insert my point about an policy lynch being alignment independent for the umpteenth time.
TheButtonmen 476 wrote:
@ Htio;
What player(s) do you find scummiest?
Hito ISO 44 wrote: Hmm. The followers, mostly. ISO squirrel, or confid/tommy. Not really much there but fluff. Squirrel in particular asks a lot of questions but doesn't actually post much analysis or anything. This is a pretty significant scumtell in my book. Brosius to a lesser degree - I've given the mitigating factors for him above. (To be fair these should apply to confid, but he was gone for so so long I am loath to give him any sort of pass. It'll be pretty dependent on what Tommy says.)
Although now I am also going to have to add you under the 'asking questions and not posting much' clause since your recent posts have been nothing but welcomes and questions and an ISO read shows that this has been going on for a while. Weren't you going to show 5cvm was pro-town in any way?

Ooh, and Tommy. Too many questions marks, not enough content. Especially considering the slot he came from.

Civil 432 wrote:Just in case this is somehow still unclear. You never said to yourself or anyone, 'hey, why the fuck are you defending him!?'
Now, when 'Scvm is anti-town' (which you kept saying even as he was improving) is such a fact in your head, you should just as clearly see why scum have an interest in keeping him ALIVE regardless of alignment.

I don't think there's a way you can explain taking the scvm=anti-town basis you've worked with and not carrying it just one logical step further. Even if you believed he were scum, you could easily have gone after other people as well.
I've already said why - because I am trying to get a null information, anti-town player lynched. If 5cvm is town, the best way to do so is to make the logical case, not to attack those not voting for him. If he is scum, the best way to do so is to make it as painless as possible for his scumbuddies to bus him so we can get on with it. Hence making a strong case. The fact that he has many active defenders could be scumbuddies; there's simply no sense in speculating on that though when we can check by lynching the anti-town player first.

Also, I have to point out 'gone after others'. I do THINK outside of what I post, you know. But what do you mean by, gone after? Call for the lynch of others? There is no lynch as optimal to the town as 5cvm. If you just mean I should be whipping around more FOS's and the ilk, I personally think that's pointless. You can tell what I think about people's cases and ideas by iso-ing me; there's no sense in me throwing around who else I want to lynch when I am not willing to act on it.

And civil, you're doing it again. You're completely ignoring 5cvm - he doesn't feature on your list at all. Are you treating him as confirmed town forever? If not, what would it take to get you to lynch him? Would you ignore all of your other scum reads on another day to lynch him? Or are you convinced you can divine 'scum reads' from a player who is actively claiming scum? What action could 5cvm do that you would consider scummy?
xvart 443 wrote:So hito, if 5cvm flips scum are you going straight for Thebuttonmen and/or me tomorrow, since 5cvm claimed us as buddies?
No, I think the entire thing is a null information WIFOM gambit. However, the very fact that he has deliberately created a null information setting should tell you something. (hint: it's that he is acting against the towns interests and I have said this a lot already.)

In fact, as much as I don't like asking a lot of questions (a good way to look like you're contributing while putting the impetus on other players), I am going to pose the questions I asked civil to all of you:

Are you treating 5cvm as confirmed town forever? If not, what would it take to get you to lynch him? Would you ignore all of your other scum reads on another day to lynch him? Or are you convinced you can divine 'scum reads' from a player who is actively claiming scum? What action could 5cvm do that you would consider scummy?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:24 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Whoa, slow down there xfart. I can't be suspicious of 4 or 5 people?
You accuse me of poitning too many fingers in the same breath you ask why I don't go and vote gorillaz?

Onto some other nonsense!
xvart wrote: So hito, if 5cvm flips scum are you going straight for Thebuttonmen and/or me tomorrow, since 5cvm claimed us as buddies?
Hito's right about scvm's EARLY claims being null. But I would lynch one of you if scvm flipped scum.

Hito:
It sounds buddy-buddy, but it's not hardcore buddying or anything like you are trying to paint it. Is any form of agreement buddying as well?

Once you come to terms with how your policy lynch mission is (has for some time) pettered out, maybe then you will share some of your private thoughts with us?

I'm ignoring scvm?

Alright less nonsense pls, and more posts from humble and brosius in particular.
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:57 pm

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

hitogoroshi wrote:If 5cvm is town, the best way to do so is to make the logical case, not to attack those not voting for him. If he is scum, the best way to do so is to make it as painless as possible for his scumbuddies to bus him so we can get on with it. Hence making a strong case. The fact that he has many active defenders could be scumbuddies; there's simply no sense in speculating on that though when we can check by lynching the anti-town player first.
What the hell is this? You are literally saying "SCUM GET ON THIS WAGON NAO BEFORE I WHIP YOU WID MAH F*ING CATS". If you call 5cvm anti-town for claiming "scum" this is just as bad. This is asking for a quicklynch. This is TRYING to protect the scum. This is trying to make your policy lynch crusade/case seem (as you put it) "strong".

Vote:Hitogoroshi
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
Tommy
Tommy
Goon
Tommy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:47 am

Post by Tommy »

hitogoroshi wrote:Are you treating 5cvm as confirmed town forever?
No.
hitogoroshi wrote:If not, what would it take to get you to lynch him?
I'd need to believe that he was the most likely to be scum, or be convinced that there were sound policy reasons to get rid of him.
hitogoroshi wrote:Would you ignore all of your other scum reads on another day to lynch him?
Certainly not. But they might be outweighed by either a scum read or a policy argument.
hitogoroshi wrote:Or are you convinced you can divine 'scum reads' from a player who is actively claiming scum?
I don't know about convinced, but I'm fairly confident, yes.
hitogoroshi wrote:What action could 5cvm do that you would consider scummy?
This is where you and I differ: I think it's possible with most of 5cvm's posts to separate the hilarious persona from the substantive contributions. Looking at the meat of his posts, I can keep an eye out for scum tells as I would with any other player: sophistry, buddying, distancing, active lurking, lack of interest in scum-hunting, too much interest in hunting for town power roles, bandwagonning, U-turns, misrepresentation.

Now a question for Evilgorillaz: would you say policy was a weak reason for a lynch?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:55 am

Post by xvart »

hitogoroshi wrote:

Are you treating 5cvm as confirmed town forever? If not, what would it take to get you to lynch him? Would you ignore all of your other scum reads on another day to lynch him? Or are you convinced you can divine 'scum reads' from a player who is actively claiming scum? What action could 5cvm do that you would consider scummy?
Absolutely not. Nobody is ever confirmed town in my book. To lynch him today it would take a fast approaching deadline and 5cvm the only person with a bandwagon. I am not convinced I can divine anything, but I think tomorrow will yield a better understanding of 5cvm's alignment, especially if Evilgorillaz is lynched today.
Civil Scum wrote:Whoa, slow down there xfart. I can't be suspicious of 4 or 5 people?
You accuse me of poitning too many fingers in the same breath you ask why I don't go and vote gorillaz?
You can be suspicious of as many people as you wish, I just find it interesting that you point blank list five people and then have an additional conditional voting for anyone defending 5cvm, which off the top of my head includes Evilgorillaz, so that brings your suspect list up to at least six people. That's at least half of the entire town population. My concern is you have given the appearance as to being willing to vote for anyone, depending on how the wind blows. You've got your fingers in every cookie jar.

I also find it intriguing that you do not list 5cvm on your suspect list, but you would lynch anyone defending him, which while it is not a direct contradiction, it is pretty close. In order for you to be suspicious of the people defending 5cvm then you would have to think that 5cvm is scum, or else why would those defending him be suspicious? You are also currently voting for hito, who is the biggest advocate for the 5cvm lynch.
Civil Scum wrote:
xvart wrote: So hito, if 5cvm flips scum are you going straight for Thebuttonmen and/or me tomorrow, since 5cvm claimed us as buddies?
Hito's right about scvm's EARLY claims being null. But I would lynch one of you if scvm flipped scum.
Why would you lynch one of us if he flips scum if his scum buddy claims are null?

xvart.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”