cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:02 pm

Post by cruelty »

Yo how about you tell me exactly what you want me to say and I'll say it.

I don't really know what more I can say at this point. I never got huge scum vibes from either Muffin/Socio or GG. I have literally been wrong all game.

I don't recall what I was thinking when I said that - maybe I was talking in a general sense (ie: the entire game rather than specifically the last couple pages), maybe I made a mistake, maybe I read into something that wasn't there. I just don't know. I don't even think it's relevant (it certainly won't be once I flip) so I'm not sure why you're even pushing this line of questioning.

I've said I'll self hammer (I'd be satisfied if someone else hammered at this point too) and that'll instantly absolve me and wreck your line of questioning. As it stands right now, my presence is distracting. Nobody is looking at anybody else and the single scum is sitting there cackling with glee. This is a bad situation.

You (town) really have two options here.

1: Lynch me (or let me self-hammer) and go forward with the game. I'll flip innocent and everyone will be able to move on.

2: Believe my claim and focus attention elsewhere. This would be the poorer of the two options.

I -know- I've played badly this game and I apologize, I never really managed to get into it. That said, a self-hammer is the most pro-town solution I can come up with. I have to die because if I'm around, town won't get past it.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by cruelty »

Actually why are you so keen to keep me around Sanjay?

If I'm scum then getting rid of me is the best policy.

If I'm town then getting rid of me is the best policy.
the nexus of the crisis
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by Sanjay »

That's stupid.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by foilist13 »

I agree. Play the game you signed up for. Catch the scum. I'm more than willing to listen to anything you come up with.

How bout this. You said "tell me what to say, and I'll say it," so post a player analysis list. Say who you think are most likely to be the last scum and why, and if you say yourself you have no business being on this site, and you ought not to sign up for any more games.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by Sanjay »

cruelty, I already did ask you loads of questions. Do you want me to ask them again or what?

foilist, is cruelty your number one suspect right now?
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:22 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Sanjay - Let me make this abundantly clear, as after several posts you don't seem to have grasped it. Yes, cruelty is my top suspect. I must have said that at least three times now. Good god man, are you reading my posts? You're asking me questions I've already answered.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:51 am

Post by cruelty »

lol

If I'm your top suspect then lynch me - why bother with this charade?

Sanjay your questions are bullshit, I'm not gonna bother answering ridiculous questions about page 7 or whatever. There's simply no point. My flip will illuminate this.

Player analysis? I'll indulge ya.

Phaerie- had no real dramas other than the lack of content following her Muffin case. No alarm bells, but she's hardly been consistently around with constant contribution. Probably town.

Zito - Has contributed basically nothing the entire game. His #1 suspect (myself) will be proven innocent whenever someone finally pulls the trigger, I don't think much of his contribution to the Sociopath lynch (very little besides "hey guys let's do this"). I don't think he's been anywhere near as obv town as everyone seems to think. That said, he hasn't been scummy, just vague and absent. I don't think him particularly scummy, but I don't think he's been some sort of pro-town wizard. Null, leaning town.

Foilist - My opinion of him is clear. I think he's scummy, but recent events (AGM + peanut flips) have made me question whether or not he's scum or just VI.

Mordy - Had no problems up to the archaebob lynch. My suspicion towards him comes and goes. I think that his aggression towards archaebob is actually fairly townish; it was a reasonable case, but something was a little off about it. I can't pinpoint exactly what (I've tried), so I presume it's just a vague gut feeling. Because of this, null.

Sanjay - Thought I was scummy, then got a town read on me, then thought I was scummy again based on peanut's case, then brought up some retarded shit from page 7, then delved into GG's mind and extrapolated my guilt from his memories. I dunno, I don't understand his mindset. He wants me lynched, but he doesn't want me lynched? He thinks I'm scum, but won't allow me to self-hammer?

I know two things.

1: There is 1 scum left (this is obviously an assumption but 4 scum would be horribly unbalanced so I'm fairly confident).
2: I'm innocent.

It is logical given these two things and the current suspicion (and ENTIRE town focus) on me that scum would want to keep me alive as long as possible, because I'm effectively shielding them. It's also logical that scum would want to be on the mislynch wagon along with the rest of town.

Sanjay has probably been the most active in trying to get me lynched, but curiously he's also the most vocal in trying to get me to a) participate and b) stay in the game. The two are at odds and it's a strange contradiction.

So m'man, I'll give you the opportunity to hammer me right now and win the game. It's obvious that your case is watertight and I'm scum (right??) so I'll expect the hammer vote next time you're online and town will chalk up a cool W.

unvote, vote cruelty

also mod, if I'm still alive, I'll be VLA over new years (the next 3 days from this post), going out of town.
the nexus of the crisis
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:53 am

Post by Papa Zito »

^^^ This is weird.

I dispute your characterization of my play, obviously.

In other news, I still owe the Sanjay thing I promised. I'll try to do it tonight. Got caught up in Christmas stuff.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by Sanjay »

cruelty, how are all these melodramatics coming from the same person who didn't understand why I said I would be disappointed in you if you turned up town?

I've asked you plenty and typed plenty for you to respond to besides the page 7 stuff.

What is this, chopped liver?

Read the thread.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by cruelty »

Ok.

So what I can ascertain is that you're unwilling to hammer me despite having a scum read on me. And despite having the backing of town (hence the wagon on me). Why?

You said I've been freaking out. Maybe that's true, maybe it isn't, is it a scumtell?

You said I'm being evasive - this is true, but it's a function of the fact that I know my flip will answer all your questions. They'll generally become redundant (and your possibly fake scumhunting will be illuminated) or I'll just be exposed as horrifically wrong throughout the entire game. Either way, this isn't a bad thing for town.

You said the only important thing is that I don't get lynched. Well, I've changed my tune. I think my lynch is absolutely critical at this point. Do you disagree? If so, why?

You said I'm not scumhunting. On the surface I guess it's true, but my strategy today ran a little deeper. We're standing on the precipice, you and I.
the nexus of the crisis
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by Benmage »

Some of the town gathered on day four. While others were nowhere to be seen. A few called for cruelty to hang. One chirped for no one to die. Cruelty with the stress getting to him called for his own head. Before the day ended. Poor cruelty's heart stopped....as if by divine intervention...8-) :? :( :oops:

Cruelty the
Vanilla Townie
has been lynched on D4(sorry guys)

Prod still on PharieM...so please PM when your back so I know you are.

Night will stay 3 days or so especially with new years...so Deadline Sat Jan 2. 2PM EST
Last edited by Benmage on Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:51 pm

Post by Benmage »

Mod Error. Cruelty still dead. Its still Night. Sorry :oops:
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:07 am

Post by Benmage »

The people of Plainview fearful of godswrath barely slept a wink. The numbers have dwindled. Another was missing.

Sanjay the
Vanilla Townie
was killed N4.

With 4 alive it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline Jan. 23. 2pm EST.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

vote: No Lynch
Kappa
Just Monika
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:15 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Yeah, it's Mylo. I'm going to have to put my vote there as well for now. I can't see how it wouldn't be the right move.

vote:no lynch
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:19 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Actually,
unvote
. I want to be sure we get some serious discussion in before we no lynch it up. I never really thought about quick no lynching, but it seems like a legitimate concern.

@Papa - who are your suspects, why?
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:23 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Actually,
unvote
. I want to be sure we get some serious discussion in before we no lynch it up. I never really thought about quick no lynching, but it seems like a legitimate concern.

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:52 am

Post by Papa Zito »

foilist13 wrote:Actually,
unvote

^^^Remember this quote tomorrow if I'm not here.

Quick no lynch is the way to go. No discussion plz.
Kappa
Just Monika
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:58 am

Post by MordyS »

Vote: Nolynch
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:37 am

Post by foilist13 »

Ok someone needs to explain the theory to me then. I haven't been in this situation before, so splain.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Papa Zito »

foilist13 wrote:Ok someone needs to explain the theory to me then. I haven't been in this situation before, so splain.
We have 4 players, 3 town and 1 scum. (If it were 2 town 2 scum, they'd have won already. If it was 4 town 0 scum, we'd have won already)

3 town 1 scum is Mylo, as you said earlier. In Mylo the town wins on a correct lynch and loses on an incorrect one. (3/1 => mislynch => 2/1 => NK => 1/1 => scum win)

The correct play here is to No Lynch. A No Lynch will remove a possible mislynch candidate from the player pool and increase the town's odds of winning. From purely a statistical perspective, the town goes from a 1/4 chance (25%) to a 1/3 chance (33%).

The other question is why we should do this with no discussion. Two reasons.

1. We know the optimal play here, so there's no reason to delay it.
2. The remaining scum player is going to try to set up his/her optimal lylo tomorrow. The town aids in this choice by discussing who everyone thinks is most scummy. With only 4 players alive it's not hard to take what everyone is saying and translate that into determining who is
least
scummy, aka the most difficult mislynch candidate, or to help them determine who is most suspicious of them, thus removing a big lylo obstacle, or or or etc. This is one of the few cases where discussion hurts the town.
Kappa
Just Monika
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:43 am

Post by foilist13 »

Ok, I can swing with that.

However, what's to stop the scum from just not killing anyone and forcing discussion in Mylo? He could just keep doing that until we lynch somebody.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

That actually depends on the mod. Some force the scum to NK, some declare a draw after so many days.

@Benmage: What's your policy in this situation?
Kappa
Just Monika
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Interesting.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:22 pm

Post by Benmage »

Furry replaces PharieM

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”