Mafia 107 - Christmas Time Mafia (Game over)

diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by diddin »

I'm going to go ahead and
Vote: No Lynch
. All of this blind speculation is just causing paranoia and I think it would be better to not have a lynch unless I see something particularly scummy.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Unless the NK(s) bring any sudden suspicion, won't we be in exactly the same position tomorrow if we Vote No Lynch?
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by TheLonging »

RichardGHP wrote:That was simply a precaution. Had I not disclaimed that I didn't intend to attack Navy, people would have thought I had something against, him, which I don't. Was it overly careful? Probably. But I wouldn't have felt right not putting that there.

Call it paranoia, if you like, but I felt I needed to have that in there.
Ah, alright then.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

RichardGHP wrote:Unless the NK(s) bring any sudden suspicion, won't we be in exactly the same position tomorrow if we Vote No Lynch?
I heavily agree, a No Lynch would tell us zero and we would be back at Day 1 minus one town.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by Bogre »

@Pie and R2R, re: new votes on TheLonging.

I expected the wagon to do what it has done: develop pretty quickly, then have people back off as it starts to become close to an actual threat of lynching. There's a couple things that could entail.
First, scum on the wagon. I imagine that's a likelihood, especially if TheLonging is scum, because it would be a prudent move to bus him, and thus we need to look for signs of distancing and papery reasons to join the wagon. And also, hesitancy to commit could be a scumtell in this situation. In that regard, I'd guess at Richard (unwillingness to commit, weak reasoning to appease my call-out), being the most likely.

Secondly, that people are unvoting him. This is hard to analyze, because for one part I can understand some players desire not to quicklynch, but he's excessively scummy, but on the other hand the stall gives time for scum to jump off their buddy. Personally I dislike the diddin unvote, it seemed too eager.

Final thing to think about is TheLonging is town, and the possibility of him being easily mislynched. My personal thoughts are that scum are wary of being on quicklynches of town for exactly the sorts of suspicion that have been brought up: people get suspicious that a large amount of scum are on the wagon. However, when you have a case like this, where the scumminess is very evident, it is pretty easy for anyone getting that question to throw up your hands and say, "But he was -soooooo- scummy!"

The gist of it is, I think in this case the possibility of scum jumping on the wagon actually leans TheLonging as a bus-ee, rather than a town being quicklynched. But then again, part of that probably comes in part from my own tendency to latch on to those who play very scummy, and thoughts that we shouldn't be searching endlessly for evidence scum motivation, or catering to it.

At the moment, I'm content with my vote.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by Bogre »

TheLonging wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:That was simply a precaution. Had I not disclaimed that I didn't intend to attack Navy, people would have thought I had something against, him, which I don't. Was it overly careful? Probably. But I wouldn't have felt right not putting that there.

Call it paranoia, if you like, but I felt I needed to have that in there.
Ah, alright then.
Link.

False front talk between the two.

Richard- disclaimer to not antagonize Navy, who also was suspicious against him. Paranoia is scummy, and the entirety of Richard's gameplay has been focused on who finds -him- scummy, nothing else.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by Bogre »

Also, diddin and sorasgoof, suggesting no lynch, and stateing the intent to not vote, respectively, is -heavily- anti-town. Might be coming from the idea to not be held culpable for any mislynch.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by diddin »

unvote
, thanks for letting me know. I'm still semi-new to the mafiascum rules. I want to be sure I'm voting for a scum, or as sure as I can, so I'm holding back my vote.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

I agree with Navy/Bogre. It causes us to lose a possible lynch of mafia, as well.

FoS diddin

It's a bit scummy in my eyes. He has his vote somewhere: not on TheLonging since if he's a scum it'd seem suspicious (as others have pointed out), but obviously since he just showed up without any other content, has no other suspicions. sora's may be for not wanting to leave a vote history - even though Richard's his highest FoS... he isn't wanting to vote at all. I find diddin more scummy for lack of content after so much discussion.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Ninja's, but as an EBWOP: again, backtracking after people voice suspicion, with claiming lack of experience. Pulling a Richard.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Bogre wrote:Paranoia is scummy

Tell me why paranoia is scum-like.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by diddin »

RichardGHP wrote:

Paranoia is scummy because when you are paranoid, you have an excuse to vote a townie and your paranoia "justifies" it. In other words, it's an excuse for bussing townies. You want to assume everybody is town and hunt for scum, not assume everybody is mafia and hunt for town.

And Pie: wouldn't it seem more scummy if I kept my vote for a no lynch after all of the suggestions. I think suspicion would be directed towards me either way, but I still want to find scum this round.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

@Parama: What do you think I have been "parroting" (saying that other people have already said)? I find most of my statements are things people did not say yet.

@r2r: Any chance you will respond to the things I have said to you? If not I will stop caring that you have an fos on me because really it means nothing if you are going to fos me but ignore me.

@Navy: I wasn't joking. That post contained a ludicrous amount of waffling, and The sarcasm was telling them to waffle harder. Also that is quite possibly the most ridiculous FoS I have ever seen. I only felt the need to point out it was sarcasm because this is the internet and that doesn't translate well. Also I am calling it right now that if Longing is scum so is CCA Raven for that waffletastic post.

@whoever asked me the reasons behind my thinking Longing is so scummy. Various points of contradicting himself, crap reasoning up until his most recent suspicion of Richard (that is good reasoning imo), and I really hate the I made a mistake defense and find it very scummy (and a way of backtracking without actually saying the opposite of what you previously said.)

Also
FoS RichardGHP, and diddin
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

It's the way you went about it. Especially with saying twice that "you want to find scum this round".

Which you can't do if you're voting No Lynch, obviously.

Anyway, I'd like your observations on the game so far. There's 10 pages of stuff to comment on, and I don't recall you saying much at all this game. That's another reason I'm keeping an eye on you now.

NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

DragonsofSummer wrote:@Navy: I wasn't joking. That post contained a ludicrous amount of waffling, and The sarcasm was telling them to waffle harder. Also that is quite possibly the most ridiculous FoS I have ever seen. I only felt the need to point out it was sarcasm because this is the internet and that doesn't translate well. Also I am calling it right now that if Longing is scum so is CCA Raven for that waffletastic post.
I read it wrong and misunderstood, I apologize.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

DoS, what exactly is waffling? I didn't see the term on the Wiki, so I'm assuming it's slang.

DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

NavyCherub wrote:
DragonsofSummer wrote:@Navy: I wasn't joking. That post contained a ludicrous amount of waffling, and The sarcasm was telling them to waffle harder. Also that is quite possibly the most ridiculous FoS I have ever seen. I only felt the need to point out it was sarcasm because this is the internet and that doesn't translate well. Also I am calling it right now that if Longing is scum so is CCA Raven for that waffletastic post.
I read it wrong and misunderstood, I apologize.
I figured I just needed to clarify.

@Pie: Waffling is where you say things like x is scummy, but x said this so x may not be scummy but is still scummy but not. Which is what CCAraven did in that post for the entirety of it.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

diddin wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:

Paranoia is scummy because when you are paranoid, you have an excuse to vote a townie and your paranoia "justifies" it. In other words, it's an excuse for bussing townies. You want to assume everybody is town and hunt for scum, not assume everybody is mafia and hunt for town.
I see, but I didn't use paranoia as an excuse to vote. I used it to make sure that people didn't misinterperate my post as to think that I want Navy gone, which I don't, at least not yet.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by diddin »

Beginning of this thread was RVS, I was gone because of bad internet, but the only thing I saw that was particularly scummy was pman self-contradicting himself and Richard's OMGUS vote. Konowa also seemed to want to start a wagon. Fugitive and Richard argue over who's badwagoning and OMGUSing, Richard unvotes in a STOP SUSPECTING ME! manner. TL promotes a random lynch and OMGUSes Konowa and the wagon starts on TL. TL claims Vanilla Townie, the wagon on him falls apart. Not really much else has happened in terms of voting.

People I'm suspicious of:

RichardGHP: the only thing he ever does is noobclaim and his voting habits are iffy. I'd like to see more content from him.

CCARaven: His "waffling" post seems to be trying to cover up potential scum-buddies while making himself look innocent by still being semi-suspicious of them.

TheLonging: even though the wagon on him fell apart, he's still semi-suspicious for OMGUS voting and making an appeal to ignorance where he says it was an accident that his post came off so scummish. He might be scum, but I'm getting a town-vibe from him.

pman: bad voting habits, overeagerness to be helpful, and just overall having some scummy actions.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

RichardGHP - post 124 wrote:
ready2rock wrote:NavyCherub- seems pro-town to me. Consistently contributing throughout the entire game with god thoughts
I am in no way trying to attack Navy here, but "Consistently contributing throughout the entire game with go(o)d thoughts" does not necessarily constitute a pro-town player. Someone is the SH game (keeping them anonymous for their sake) did exactly this, and was always considered pro-town. Then they flipped scum. There's no guaranteeing that a similar process will happen in this game, but it's a little early in the game to be making an assessment like that.

/my two cents
The post in question. Actually, I wouldn't have even THOUGHT you were "attacking" Navy if you hadn't posted it. I still don't think you
were
trying to attack him. To me, it looks like you're trying to distance yourself from Navy for some reason.

Worth noting for later days, especially if Navy is lynched and flips scum.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

*sigh*

Why do you guys insist that my vote on Fugitive was OMGUS? I've already stated numerous times that it wasnt OMGUS.

I don't try to delibarately noobclaim, but sometimes I truly don't get how certain actions are scum-tells. I mean, some scum-tells are totally inaccurate and out there. I don't think noobclaiming is the only thing I do. I'm sure you were exaggerating but I would appreciate you being a little more realistic next time.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

Whoever that was that asked me if "not voting today" meant December 30 or Day 1, I meant December 30. I wanted to see some more info pan out. I'm going to read back through the thread again tomorrow and I'll decide on a vote then.

However, I'm still getting the strongest scum-vibes from Richard. I think we can all agree that his constant noob-claims are scummy. Also, why are you so eager to explain every facet of every action you do, even when it isn't necessary? If someone had thought you were "attacking Navy" and called you out on it, you could have explained then.

Also, EtherealCookie, why so quick to jump on Raven? I'll admit, that post was scummy. But you didn't need anymore information to feel comfortable voting?
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

*refresh*

@Pie (post 244)- I totally agree. I never would have thought it either. Why would he want to distance himself from Navy anyway? If that's what he was doing, could it mean they are both mafia?
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

sorasgoof wrote:However, I'm still getting the strongest scum-vibes from Richard. I think we can all agree that his constant noob-claims are scummy. Also, why are you so eager to explain every facet of every action you do, even when it isn't necessary? If someone had thought you were "attacking Navy" and called you out on it, you could have explained then.
Again, put this one down to paranoia. Someone suspects me, I try to explain my actions.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

RichardGHP wrote:
sorasgoof wrote:However, I'm still getting the strongest scum-vibes from Richard. I think we can all agree that his constant noob-claims are scummy. Also, why are you so eager to explain every facet of every action you do, even when it isn't necessary? If someone had thought you were "attacking Navy" and called you out on it, you could have explained then.
Again, put this one down to paranoia.
Someone suspects me
, I try to explain my actions.
No one suspected you of attacking Navy. Again, you tried to explain yourself before anyone suspected you.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”