Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Ok, reading back over the false ending of the game, I'm sticking with pwnz scum. PCE's reaction seems genuine coming from town, whereas pwnz's is horrendously contrived "shucky shucks, darn".

Now it just a matter of PCE watching you die a slow death. Sorry pal, you played a good game, but not good enough for the win.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:39 am

Post by Vi »

Mod scene forthcoming. Don't panic.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:55 am

Post by Vi »

Time's up. Also, this was NOT a good time to get WhiteScreened >_>

--- VP Baltar ---
Town Marshal
--- Martyred Day 3...

------------------------

Vote Count:

PorkchopExpress (L-1) ~ pwnz

Not Voting:
PorkchopExpress,
VP Baltar

-PorkchopExpress is at L-1!

-pwnz is Wounded and will die in 65.5 hours!

--With
alive, it takes 2 to lynch.
--Deadline is Tuesday, January 19 2010.
--With 2 alive, No Lynch has been forced. All
Wounded
players die in Twilight.

-------------------------

--- pwnz ---
Town
Sheriff
--- Bled out Twilight 3!!!

-A Win Condition has been attained!

--- PorkchopExpress ---
Vanilla Townie
--- Survived Day 3!

-PorkchopExpress is the Last Man Standing!

----Game Over!----

Result:

Town
Wins!

Outlaws
Lose...

Sheriff
Loses...

----

Role PMs and (back-up) mod commentary are coming momentarily.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:55 am

Post by Cobalt »

WoooooOOOOOooooOOOOOoooo
good call VP, very nice
hatersgonnahate.gif
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:58 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Yay VP! :D

That game was insane to watch at the end. Wow..!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Insane to watch...Try playing the damn thing! I think I aged about 10 years with that choice. I had to go with my gut though, I've lost too many games lately by second guessing myself.
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Vi »

These are the Role PMs that hohum sent out.

Everyone not listed below received one of these:
Vanilla Townie wrote:You are a citizen caught in the cross fire. You're mad as hell and you're not going to take it anymore! Your job is to punish the evil doers.

Win Condition: You win when all anti-town threats have been eliminated.

Special Powers: None

Weapons: You carry around a six shooter for protection only (which you may use during the day). You don't have much experience shooting, though

Game Thread: [link]
VP Baltar and Sotty7 received this:
Town Marshall (Mason Cops) wrote: You are a Town Marshall. The federal government has gotten word of the impending turmoil and has asked you to clean this town up. Together with your partner Sotty7 you are going to clean the vermin out of this place once and for all.

Win Condition: You win when all anti-town threats have been eliminated.

Special Powers: Each night you and your partner may both individually submit an investigation request and I will PM you the results (Either Innocent or Guilty). You may use your quick topic to communicate at night only.

Weapons: As a trained professional you are deadly accurate with your trusty six-shooter by your side (which you may use during the day)

Quick Topic: [link]
ConfidAnon/Cobalt received this:
You are the town Doctor. Each night you may protect someone by submitting a Protect: Player PM. During the day time you may heal any member of game by issuing a Heal: Player in thread.

Since you are a doctor you swore the Hippocratic oath to due no harm. Therefore, you do not carry a weapon and you have no other special abilities.
(Notice that this was such a last-minute addition to the setup that it didn't appear in the mod topic at all... and didn't come with a Win Condition.)

Benmage, d3x/Jazzmyn, and Ectomancer received this:
Cowboy (Mafia Goon) wrote: You are an outlaw. You are bent on fortune and power. Together with your fellow miscreants, Benmage, Ectomancer, d3x and Zilla you plan on taking over this pathetic little town.

Win Condition: You win when all other factions make up no more than 50% of the remaining players or nothing could prevent the same.

Special Powers: none

Weapons: As a trained gun slinger you are deadly accurate with your trusty six-shooter by your side (which you may use during the day)

Zilla/pwnz received this:
Town Sheriff (SK Cop) wrote:You are the Town Sheriff. You're a greedy, self-centered, two-faced type. You don't believe in any of that "to protect and serve" crap and your only motivation is untold amounts of wealth and absolute power. Together with your fellow miscreants (whom you plan on stabbing in the back), Benmage, Ectomancer and d3x, you are going to take over this pathetic little town.

Win Condition: You win when you are the Last Man Standing.

Special Powers: Rumor has it that the federal government has put some law enforcement in your town. That might muddy things up a bit. You may submit an investigation request each and I will PM you the result (either Citizen or Cop). You always appear helpful (you are immune to cop investigations).

Weapons: As a trained professional you are deadly accurate with your trusty six-shooter by your side (which you may use during the day)

The mechanics behind the shooting were contradictory, and I had to clean it up on the fly through my highly-attuned ability to make stuff up as I go along.

Originally, the shooting mechanics were as follows.
*V. Townies had a one-in-three chance of actually hitting the target. Their shots left their targets Wounded, and they would die in 72 hours. The Doctor could heal Wounded players.

*Everyone else (with "deadly accuracy") shot instant kills. If the Doctor tried to save them (um,
what
?) it had a one-in-three chance of working, but the target would still be Wounded and die in 72 hours.

I changed that to:
*V. Townies Wounded their targets; they would die in 72 hours; the Doctor can heal them.

*Everyone else Wounded their targets such that they would die in 6 hours (making it difficult but not temporally impossible for the Doctor to heal them). If the Doctor healed someone shot with deadly accuracy, the next shot made on that player would kill them immediately.

*If a player was Wounded and then shot, they were killed immediately.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Cobalt »

I was super worried when I died, because killing me is the optimal play only for VP and pwnz. Amished/PCE both need to take shots on the investigative roles, and pwnz was confirmed by the jazz track. So I thought it was VP pulling off an endgame gambit. I guess pwnz just got lucky with Jazz? Or was he really a tracker?
hatersgonnahate.gif
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Also, why'd you guys have to kill Sotty! We only needed one more day to really mess you up.
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by Vi »

Oh right. I have to hand it to Ectomancer and Amished - there really WAS a "Last Man Standing" Win Condition, and pwnz very nearly got it.

I think had he not shot VP Baltar until VP had used his bullet, it would have worked.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Well, pwnz really had no choice since Amished followed my directive to shoot him. I will say that was a ballsy scum gambit though. You guys played a better game than I was originally thinking.
YOUR AD HERE

Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by Cobalt »

even with the mason cops I think this was a bit scum weighted. 4 strong shots puts lylo on like day 2 unless a bunch of scum die.
hatersgonnahate.gif
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Yeah, but if both sotty and I had survived Night 1 we'd both have results and confirm each other. The PoE alone would have been very rough for scum.
YOUR AD HERE

Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Cobalt »

yeah, but if you both go 1 for 1, that's still 2 scum vs a doc.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

VP Baltar wrote:Also, why'd you guys have to kill Sotty! We only needed one more day to really mess you up.
This!

I was not expecting to die at all. I'm guessing it was because I was onto d3x but still it made me sad. I never got to shoot :(

Huge thanks to Vi for taking over modding duties in this game. Without her this probably would have been mod abandoned along time ago. Thanks Vi <3 :)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Yeah, forgot to say that, but you're the best Vi! Thanks a lot for keeping this game running. Despite all of the craziness, it was quite fun and dynamic.
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by Vi »

:oops: Thank you...

As for when I was playing, I have renewed respect for what Ectomancer was doing. Although I would like to see him act politely and/or not like scum once >.>
I give myself credit for calling the VP Baltar/Sotty7 team. Sort of.

I would like to also extend thanks to Jazzmyn for replacing into a heavily disadvantaged slot. For those who weren't watching, d3x was totally lurking.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

lol, after awhile I don't think we could have been any more obvious about being partners without wearing matching T-shirts. I still have no idea why I was being suspected for a good deal of this game either.
YOUR AD HERE

Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by Cobalt »

lol, when I was reading the game prior to replacing in I kept thinking you two were scum together. Everyone was calling you town, but the connections were obvious. Oops.
I lol'd at the jazz shooting me scene.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

The early VP suspicion was pretty crap really. When it started to build steam, I PM'ed Hohum to make sure I knew 100% that VP was town and then started to subtly defend him.

When that didn't work I started to be more obvious... And when THAT didn't work I took out the hammer and started to beat VP IS TOWN as loud as I could.

When I died I thought he would be pretty much confirmed once he claimed his role with how I acted to him.
VP wrote:lol, after awhile I don't think we could have been any more obvious about being partners without wearing matching T-shirts.
I want one of those shirts :lol:
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by Amished »

Thanks Vi :D

I told you I wasn't scum...

VP, you continue to look scummy as hell when you're town.

PCE's reaction on ... Day 3? looked hella town which is why I didn't want to shoot him. It was between VP and pwnz then; but I kept going back to "VP looks scummy, he's town" meta. You're the *only* person I have a solid meta like that on; seriously. It's really weird.

Going back to my point about the end of D1 when you {VP} suggested no-lynch: It looked like you wanted to appear pro-town by leading us around. When you suggested a no-lynch; it seemed like you wanted to not risk having a leading wagon on scum go through so that you're stronger for the next day.

pwnz not contributing vs. VP scummy when town; I had to go for the lurker... *sigh*

At least I won; and I'll take this is as one of my better town games for the sole reason that I shot 2 scum, and was gonna lynch the last 2 (pretty sure I had votes on Benmage and Ecto when they were shot...) I also wasn't NK'd, which was hella rare. Though only two nights, and two kills (second kill being a doc). Go me!

Slowly working on getting scummier without getting lynched, though I swung to too far scummy with getting shot =\ At least I have something to work towards :)
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by PorkchopExpress »

My mind is boggled at the huge flurry of activity that occurred while I was at work/sleeping. I wasn't too far off with the traitor call on Pwnz (who'd have thought he was a traitor's traitor) and it makes sense for benmage to go down the way he did if he thought the Sheriff was still on his side.

I think what happened, Cobalt, is that since Pwnz knew the scum team he just sold out a buddy who was in serious trouble knowing full well that she'd flip scum. The scum aren't going to call him on his facts (obviously) and the gambit on Pwnz' end is that his partners will think it's an honest bus and nothing more. It was an impressive move, when you think about it.

Props to Jazz for a rather unsatisfying replacement. Props to Vi for keeping the game going.

Also, Pwnz' fake PR had impressive foresight and very believable flavour. Good stuff, man.
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by Cobalt »

haha, I had a town read on Amished. At least I got one thing right.
hatersgonnahate.gif
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Well, you certainly did a good job of upping your own scumminess factor this game Amished. The data said you were town, but the way you were approaching things was just boggling my mind and kept my suspicion alive on you.
YOUR AD HERE

d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by d3x »

I would like to appologize to everyone here. I've never flaked on a game before but the end of this year has really kicked me in the nuts. I was honestly hoping to get back into the game after my V/LA but it was very difficult. I was pretty damned lost. I was only able to barely able finish up my other game { I posted much more here than there after returning} and haven't joined any others out of respect to you guys. Again, I'm sorry. GG all.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”