Mafia 107 - Christmas Time Mafia (Game over)

sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

I'm not going to vote at all. Though I think TheLonging may be mafia, I don't really think we have substantial evidence. He sure is displaying some mafia-signs, most evident in post 81. Also, in my one game experience, "humor" is often a scum-tell. TheLonging's attempt at humor in post 89 seems pretty scummy.

Unvote
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by Parama »

RichardGHP wrote:
ready2rock wrote:FoS: curiouskarmadog, DragonsofSummer, Konowa, malpascp, RichardGHP, CCARaven4, pman5595
I'm not sure I agree with that huge 7-way FoS, but I can see where you're coming from this early in the game. Still, pointing a FoS at 7 people at once is not exactly the most pro-town thing to do at this point.
I agree, calling out 7 people at once isn't going to do much - FoS the few you find most suspicious first and then call out the less suspicious ones once you're satisfied with the response of the first 1-3 people.
BTW, I realize my vote does not count, and I intend to keep it that way for now.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:39 pm

Post by CSL »

Parama, it is not my fault. I was unable to access the 'Net until today.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

RichardGHP wrote: I am in no way trying to attack Navy here,

Er... any reason why you're being so careful? I mean, you're hesitant in voting for TheLonging, I wouldn't call what you said next an "attack"... it seems overly careful, if that makes sense - odd.

Richard, who are your top 3 scum candidates ATM, if I may ask?

*refresh*
sorasgoof wrote:I'm not going to vote at all. Though I think TheLonging may be mafia, I don't really think we have substantial evidence. He sure is displaying some mafia-signs, most evident in post 81. Also, in my one game experience, "humor" is often a scum-tell. TheLonging's attempt at humor in post 89 seems pretty scummy.
He's seeming scummy. He's seeming pretty scummy. I'm not going to vote. Reluctance to vote, suspicious moreso than Richard because so far he seems consistently careful.

FoS soras (still have one on pman)

sora, what would make you vote, then?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by Parama »

ok, that's fine then.
I still don't see why you have to replace out just because you missed RVS, though. Ah well, it's not that important.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:48 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

@Pie, I didn't want people to think that I had suspicions on Navy, beacuse, well, I don't at this point. I was just pointing out the fact that good contributions isn't always a town-tell. That said, I do intend to contribute more to this game than I did the SH one, whatever my role may be.

As for my top-3 scum candidates: TheLonging is one, for obvious reasons. I haven't really been paying attention to the thread, apart from the TheLonging saga, so I don't really have any reads on anyone else yet. Later tonight, you can probably expect a more detailed post with my thoughts on everyone who has posted thus far, included will be who I think could be scum. If TheLonging is lynched before that time, my assessment will come tomorrow morning, which, if that is a case, will also include my thoughts on the kill(s).
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

InflatablePie wrote:
RichardGHP wrote: I am in no way trying to attack Navy here,

Er... any reason why you're being so careful? I mean, you're hesitant in voting for TheLonging, I wouldn't call what you said next an "attack"... it seems overly careful, if that makes sense - odd.

Richard, who are your top 3 scum candidates ATM, if I may ask?

*refresh*
sorasgoof wrote:I'm not going to vote at all. Though I think TheLonging may be mafia, I don't really think we have substantial evidence. He sure is displaying some mafia-signs, most evident in post 81. Also, in my one game experience, "humor" is often a scum-tell. TheLonging's attempt at humor in post 89 seems pretty scummy.
He's seeming scummy. He's seeming pretty scummy. I'm not going to vote. Reluctance to vote, suspicious moreso than Richard because so far he seems consistently careful.

FoS soras (still have one on pman)

sora, what would make you vote, then?
Some legitimate evidence would be nice. To be honest, everyone has posted
something
that is suspicious in my eyes. I need something that's more suspicious than the rest. Also, this sudden bandwagon on TheLonging is strange. Did this all start over that one OMGUS suck vote on Konowa?

I won't be reading/replying until tomorrow, so if you need clarification, don't think I'm ignoring any of you.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by CSL »

RVS is technically my preparation stage. It relieves the stress, and such.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

sorasgoof wrote: Some legitimate evidence would be nice. To be honest, everyone has posted
something
that is suspicious in my eyes. I need something that's more suspicious than the rest. Also, this sudden bandwagon on TheLonging is strange. Did this all start over that one OMGUS suck vote on Konowa?
To quote Parama in 74 (cutting out useless fluff):
Parama wrote:
pman5595 wrote:I'm non-committal about my vote because it's day 1. We have basically nothing to go on.
You have to drag people into the spotlight if you want to get anywhere, even if there's not a whole lot about them.
TheLonging's been contradicting himself/going back and forth on his views. He said it'd be best if we RLed, placed an OMGUS vote, says he finds some people slightly scummy but doesn't specify until posts later while he unvotes his OMGUS (this is where the votes come in, IIRC), then says we shouldn't RL after all (after that becomes a major point against him), and generally has been acting off (others have said similar to this, including Konowa and Richard). I hope I didn't miss anything.

So sora, I'm not saying you have to think TheLonging is scum, but are you trying to say that everyone is equally suspicious/non-suspicious even after 5+ pages of discussion? What's your idea of a "standing-out-more-than-the-rest-suspicious" post, then?
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:12 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

EBWOP (no wai!) - The OMGUS vote in itself isn't extremely scummy, but when he unvotes after its brought up, combined with him changing his mind rather than defending his stance, makes him seem scummy in my eyes.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:21 pm

Post by ready2rock »

RichardGHP wrote:
ready2rock wrote:NavyCherub- seems pro-town to me. Consistently contributing throughout the entire game with god thoughts
I am in no way trying to attack Navy here, but "Consistently contributing throughout the entire game with go(o)d thoughts" does not necessarily constitute a pro-town player. Someone is the SH game (keeping them anonymous for their sake) did exactly this, and was always considered pro-town. Then they flipped scum. There's no guaranteeing that a similar process will happen in this game, but it's a little early in the game to be making an assessment like that.

/my two cents

ready2rock wrote:FoS: curiouskarmadog, DragonsofSummer, Konowa, malpascp, RichardGHP, CCARaven4, pman5595
I'm not sure I agree with that huge 7-way FoS, but I can see where you're coming from this early in the game. Still, pointing a FoS at 7 people at once is not exactly the most pro-town thing to do at this point.
1. I know what you're saying, but it's really hard to differenciate between the people who are contributing because they are town and the people who are scum trying to act town. I know whom you are referring to, but he was not put under suspicion until much later in the game. I will worry about those people later.

2. I see what you're saying. To a lot of people, there is a large step between no suspicion and a FoS, and a small step between a FoS and a vote. However, to me, it is just the opposite. If they are leaning not-so-pro-town to me, I FoS them. It is mainly my list of possible suspects. However, a vote is a much bigger deal. It is a vote for a lynch, to kill someone, to eliminate them for the rest of the game. This is why I do not like the throwing around of votes.

By the way, that was not a typo. Navy's posts are god-like :)

Also, TheLonging is at L-1, so let's hear what he has to say before we hammer him.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:29 pm

Post by TheLonging »

What would be the point of keeping my vote on Konowa? There would be no point really. I voted for him to see what he would have to say besides voting for random people and questioning them. I unvoted him for that reason. (Again this made more sense in my head, I hope I explained it clear enough)
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:30 pm

Post by ready2rock »

@pie: I don't think that reluctance to vote is scum tell, it's more of a style of play.

@Parama: If you really want me to narrow my list to just a couple, I will, but like I said in my previous post, That is the way I do FoS's

Also, what is the last line of your post supposed to mean, who are you voting for (or lack thereof)?
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:32 pm

Post by TheLonging »

ready2rock wrote:Also, what is the last line of your post supposed to mean, who are you voting for (or lack thereof)?
I'm confused, is this to me, or Parama?
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:35 pm

Post by ready2rock »

That is to Parama, but if you want a question posed to yourself...

You still haven't addressed my suspicions of you about post 89. You seem to be contradicting yourself and it is one of the reasons I am voting for you. Would you care to clarify that post?
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:36 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

ready2rock wrote:@pie: I don't think that reluctance to vote is scum tell, it's more of a style of play.
A voteless townie would also explain reluctance (which is in fact inability) to vote. Either way, we can't determine that this early in the game.
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by pman5595 »

RichardGHP wrote:
ready2rock wrote:@pie: I don't think that reluctance to vote is scum tell, it's more of a style of play.
A voteless townie would also explain reluctance (which is in fact inability) to vote. Either way, we can't determine that this early in the game.
but sorasgoof voted in the RVS, so he's not voteless.
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

pman5595 wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:
but sorasgoof voted in the RVS, so he's not voteless.
Ah. I wasn't even sure of who they meant, but I was just stating a possibility. Since he had voted before, that counts him out as a voteless townie, if there is one. But I doubt it.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by TheLonging »

Yes.

I said to Konowa "I didn't say there was no one suspicious" concerning the CSL bandwagon, which I did find suspicious, but I didn't think much of it because of RVS. Was that was the suspicion you had? Or was it something else?
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by pman5595 »

TheLonging: It's good that you're defending yourself, but I would also like a claim, as would other people, I believe. It's seems appropriate at L-1
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:49 pm

Post by TheLonging »

A claim? Alright. My role is
Vanilla Townie
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by ready2rock »

@sorasgoof: it's better for you to read his posts and decide for yourself then reading other's opinions. Taking someone's word for something is probably not the best thing to do in Mafia.

@TheLonging: You said earlier in the post that you hadn't found anyone suspicious, which would be contradictory because you DID find someone suspicious.

As to your question, I have posted my thoughts on the CSL wagon earlier in the "day", so I won't post them again (44, 116). Other than them, I do find a couple of other people suspicious for various reasons, but right now you are at the top of my list.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:56 pm

Post by TheLonging »

/facepalm

Wow. I just noticed that. That's a major error that I should have caught.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by pman5595 »

TheLonging wrote:/facepalm

Wow. I just noticed that. That's a major error that I should have caught.
Again.

It seems like TheLonging "misses" his scummy actions until someone calls him out on them, then he acts like he didn't mean it. Looks very suspicious to me.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:59 pm

Post by TheLonging »

Well I honestly DIDN'T notice it. I didn't know what people were talking about, and thought they were referring to a previous post I made (the one before where I contradict myself.) I had to look at my posts for a while before I finally caught it, since I read the first line as something totally different.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”