Post by TonyMontana »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 10

BloodCovenent
- 2 - Faraday, budja - (L-8)
budja
- 1 - BloodCovenent - (L-9)
devotress
- 7 - SerialClergyman, DeathNote, Farside22, Cobalt, TonyMontana, Vaya - (L-3)
elvis_knits
- 3 - Xylthixlm, Benmage, Seacore - (L-7)
Faraday
- 1 - drippinggoofball - (L-9)
SerialClergyman
- 1 - devotress - (L-9)
Vaya
- 1 - elvis_knits - (L-9)

Players not voting: Benmage, chamber, Cruciare, Dramonic, FishytheFish

chamber wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I investigated TM because I thought he might have been part of a scum-engineered simulpost quicklynch.
Possible reasons for quicklynch:
1. Honest accident by chamber
2. Co-op between me and chamber
3. Hawk lynch by chamber

I couldn't have engineered the lynch by myself, but chamber could have, so I don't see why you picked me over him.
I never voted for Coug, I totaly thought he was town.
Sorry, i mixed up a couple of vote counts.

Replace every instance of "chamber" with "dramonic".
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

farside22 wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:farside:
elvis_knits wrote:I investigated TM because I thought he might have been part of a scum-engineered simulpost quicklynch.
TM was one of the people who L-1/hammered StrangerCoug before he claimed.
This assume's that mafia day talks???
Yes. I dinged DGB for that earlier, now elvis is doing it too.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

DGB's response to my ding was a masterpiece of eggnogthink btw:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:What do you think about DGB's assumption that the scum are talking?
Well, were they talking? If I'm assuming that they are, WRONGLY, what does it mean? If I'm correct, maybe I read the rules? OK unlikely, I never read rules and I didn't this time either). If I'm CORRECT (without having read the rules, admittedly!), maybe TonyMontana gave himself away
that
spectacularly.

Are you assuming that I'm assuming rightly, or wrongly, Xyl? Because regardless of the answer, it means that YOU know something I don't. Get it? Disingenuous.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:44 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I already told you how I thought daytalking was likely because I was almost "accidentally" lynched and then StrangerCoug was also. That's a bit too much for everything to be truly accidental.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:50 am

Post by TonyMontana »

I don't see why scum would bother trying to quicklynch twice on day 1. Doesn't exactly seem like world class strategy.

In any case, there was alot of activity day 1, and I'm not really flabbergasted that a simulpost lynch happened, especially given the nonchalance the bandwagons were treated with.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:53 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

elvis_knits wrote:I already told you how I thought daytalking was likely because I was almost "accidentally" lynched and then StrangerCoug was also. That's a bit too much for everything to be truly accidental.
You're putting a lot of credit in something that almost never actually happens. Coordinating a quicklynch as scum is painful in the best of circumstances.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:04 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Maybe you're right, since Tony Montana is town.

I still think scum may have had a hand in it, maybe not as coordinated, but as a solo capitalizing. Cause I've seen that plenty.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:07 am

Post by chamber »

elvis_knits wrote:Maybe you're right, since Tony Montana is town.

I still think scum may have had a hand in it, maybe not as coordinated, but as a solo capitalizing.
Cause I've seen that plenty.
3 examples please
Taking a break from the site.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:12 am

Post by elvis_knits »

You've never seen scum quickhammer?
Talk nerdy to me.

Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:15 am

Post by Cobalt »

with my own experience as scum quicklynching, it does not take daytalk. it only requires a pair of scum knowing each other is online, which can be easily done in-thread.
hatersgonnahate.gif
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:51 am

Post by farside22 »

Cobalt wrote:with my own experience as scum quicklynching, it does not take daytalk. it only requires a pair of scum knowing each other is online, which can be easily done in-thread.
^ this
Also since I keep myself hidden it's not something I noticed before as scum but I would type something as a like I notice X so my scum partner would see it but not on day 1 and so bold.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:52 am

Post by chamber »

elvis_knits wrote:You've never seen scum quickhammer?
On day 1? Not that I remember.
Taking a break from the site.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:51 am

Post by dramonic »

Back from vla, reading
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Budja »

I've been far too lax with this game.
I'm had a busier time than I thought.

Expect a post within 12-24hrs.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by Cruciare »

I've concluded that Plum's wall post is a whole lot of tl;dr that probably won't be very useful.

Farside, I won't bother answering about Coug because he's dead and scum, but as for your post, your reasons for suspecting Seacore, Vi and DGB were all pretty crap.

DGB has been massively contradicting herself within her last few posts. DGB, please give me a clear list of who you think Haylen's scumbuddies (2 people) and the other scumteam (3 people) are. Also, who do you actually want to lynch today?

Xyl, we're playing a game of chicken with the [other] scum here. Do you not see the prospects of leaving Elvis alive (i.e. not lynching her) for some time? Also, you've been tagging "scum" all over the place - who are your other scumreads, and how strong are these scumreads?

Vaya, why are you lurking?
[i]My horse is a motorbike; your argument is invalid.[/i]
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I can't provide a list of Haylen/Plum's buddies because there is no clear evidence, even with my wacky scumtells, I'm not picking up anything noteworthy. I don't like your demand for lists of players divided by scum faction, HAS ANYONE ELSE SPECULATED ON THIS YET??? Why are you asking me to do this? Are you trying to use my scumdar to help NK your COMPETING SCUM FACTION??? I cannot think of any reason why you would single me out, on Day 2, with no dead player in one of the scum factions, to list scum suspects SEPARATED BY FREAKIN' FACTION.

If Vaya flips scum, Benmage, Dramonic, and maybe, but less likely, Xyl would be her buddy. That is all I see right now with any clarity.

I think that Vaya, BloodCovenent or elvis would make good lynches. If they aren't your buddies, Cruciare, then I warmly recommend them to your group for the nightkill.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Vote: DrippingGoofball

Dear Goofy,

Let's take this step by step. You believe that Faraday, Blood, Elvis and Xyl are all scum, correct? Earlier you stated that you believe Faraday and Blood to be Haylen's scumbuddies, which makes Elvis and Xyl scumbuddies as per common sense. So you suggest Faraday is bussing his buddy Blood. OK. Now you imply to suggest that Xyl and Elvis have been bussing each other since early D1 and Xyl is now campaigning for the lynch of his cop scumbuddy (no of course I don't think you're actually suggesting this, I'm just pointing out where your logic fails). Wait, there's more. You then add Vaya to the list of potential scum, adding Benmage and Dramonic and possibly Xyl as her scumbuddies. HOW MANY SCUM AND SCUMGROUPS DO YOU THINK THERE ARE? You reprimand me for dividing players by scum faction, I say you need to start looking at players divided by scum faction. I singled you out because there are contradictions and holes all over your logic. Wasn't the entirety of your reasoning for suspecting Faraday based on him and Blood being Haylen's scumbuddies? And now you claim that you can't provide a list of Haylen's buddies, yet you still maintain your suspicion of Faraday. This is a game of MAFIA, if you're actually not scum please start looking for SENSIBLE (i.e. not Elvis+Xyl) CONNECTIONS BETWEEN THE INFORMED MINORTIES WE ARE TRYING TO HUNT DOWN thanks.

Love, Cruciare

P.S. Do you even know where your vote is right now? What's this about Vaya, Blood or Elvis making good lynches?
[i]My horse is a motorbike; your argument is invalid.[/i]
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by dramonic »

Why would a vaya flip be indicative of my alignment?
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:24 am

dramonic wrote:Why would a vaya flip be indicative of my alignment?
I understand that, being scum, you don't need to read anything, so let me make it easy for you to pretend to hunt scum by pointing out the post where it's all explained:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 51#2034251
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:46 am

Cruciare wrote:HOW MANY SCUM AND SCUMGROUPS DO YOU THINK THERE ARE?
Sigh. Another nO0b unfamiliar with the concept that one can have more suspects than the exact number of scum, which is routinely an unknown quantity. Given that we have 7 anti-town players, now 5 because 2 are dead, and that I'm ACTIVELY SCUM HUNTING, you ought to expect a larger number of suspects than there are actual scum player slots.

Yeah maybe if you put my posts together you might be able to put a fuzzy line or maybe some vague Venn diagram of scum teams, but I'm town, and I don't give a rat's tutu about the different scumteams. I'm not looking for separate scum teams, I'm looking for scum.

What players care about splitting scum factions, and making theories are scum factions? I say that having been scum in games with multiple scum factions. It's the scum. The town has difficulty enough separating the townies, lurkers, village idiots, from the scum, they don't care about the color of the scumbag they string up.

Scumz, on the other hand, are always exquisitely aware of competing factions. They fear the NK, and they hope to cross-kill. It's good the the town, because it forces them to actively scum hunt during the day. Also, we have the bonus scumtell of scumz obsessing over their competitors.
P.S. Do you even know where your vote is right now? What's this about Vaya, Blood or Elvis making good lynches?
Yes love, I know where it is, but I'm changing my mind a little on priorities. Thank you so much for the tunneling. I feel special, and the whole reason I play this game is to feel special.

<3

I've just added you to my list of suspects for obsessing over scum factions.

<3 <3 <3

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:47 am

REVIEW:

VAYA BUDDIES
, in decreasing order:
Benmage (~100% certainty) (special note, Benmage NOT scum with Farside)
Dramonic (80% certainty)
Xyl (> average)

SCUM FOR REASONS NOT TIED IN WITH VAYA:

Faraday
BloodCovenent
elvis
Xyl
Cruciare

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:59 am

Now looking at where my suspects are voting!

BloodCovenent
- 2 -
Faraday
, budja - (L-8)
budja - 1 -
BloodCovenent
- (L-9)
devotress - 7 - SerialClergyman, DeathNote, Farside22, Cobalt, TonyMontana,
Vaya
- (L-3)
elvis_knits
- 3 -
Xylthixlm, Benmage
, Seacore - (L-7)
Faraday
- 1 - drippinggoofball - (L-9)
SerialClergyman - 1 - devotress - (L-9)
Vaya
- 1 -
elvis_knits
- (L-9)

Players not voting: chamber,
Cruciare
Dramonic
, FishytheFish

=====================
There's an error in the vote count, Benmage is erroneously listed among the non-voters.
=====================

(1) The most suspect action here is Vaya's late Devotress wagon hop. Vaya should die for this, in addition to the lurking, and general weirdness of contribution. She's not playing the game, but she shows up for a late position on a wagon for no reason that she can call her own.

(2) We've got 2/3 scums wanting to kill elvis during the day because they can't do it at night, they're afraid of the Watcher.

(3) We have Budja/Faraday/BloodCovenent all pointing fingers at each other into a triangle hahahaha that's pretty scummy actually.

Let's lynch some scum folks.

unvote, vote: Vaya

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:28 am

Post by Faraday »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Cruciare wrote:HOW MANY SCUM AND SCUMGROUPS DO YOU THINK THERE ARE?
Sigh. Another nO0b unfamiliar with the concept that one can have more suspects than the exact number of scum, which is routinely an unknown quantity. Given that we have 7 anti-town players, now 5 because 2 are dead, and that I'm ACTIVELY SCUM HUNTING, you ought to expect a larger number of suspects than there are actual scum player slots.

Yeah maybe if you put my posts together you might be able to put a fuzzy line or maybe some vague Venn diagram of scum teams, but I'm town, and I don't give a rat's tutu about the different scumteams. I'm not looking for separate scum teams, I'm looking for scum.

What players care about splitting scum factions, and making theories are scum factions? I say that having been scum in games with multiple scum factions. It's the scum. The town has difficulty enough separating the townies, lurkers, village idiots, from the scum, they don't care about the color of the scumbag they string up.

Scumz, on the other hand, are always exquisitely aware of competing factions. They fear the NK, and they hope to cross-kill. It's good the the town, because it forces them to actively scum hunt during the day. Also, we have the bonus scumtell of scumz obsessing over their competitors.
Oh cool you just claimed scum?

Unvote Vote DGB
You're pretty much guilty of dividing people by scum-partners/groups on several occasions.

Time to kill it with fire.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:33 am

Post by dramonic »

wow, what a great case... Not.
You accuse me of trying to get you lynched on a Vaya scumflip, yet you're the one lining up 3 lynches after Vaya. You really are sure she's scum, aren't you?

You look more like the bussing one here <_<
I'm a hoot
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:59 am

Post by Vaya »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
(1) The most suspect action here is Vaya's late Devotress wagon hop. Vaya should die for this, in addition to the lurking, and general weirdness of contribution. She's not playing the game, but she shows up for a late position on a wagon for no reason that she can call her own.
Why is my being on the devotress wagon suspect? Though maybe you can't tell due to my lack of posting here, she's been my biggest suspect all game. Note that I had my vote on her all of yesterday, despite no one else going along with it then.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”