(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

There's probably a
W
Yanker or some similarly named powerrole who can force people out.

I think semioldguy talks sense here- the randomization of a minority kill is really heightened if we start stuffing majority in by the masses. If minority goes in, opportunity lost, but nothing terribly negative.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Parama wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
If your target is inside the safezone, a random pro-town player will die inside the safezone instead.
It implies that at the very least, mafia won't know who's inside the safezone. At least the way I read it... the mafia don't know if their target is in the safezone or not, else it would be pretty pointless to target someone in the safezone... or at the very least it would lower their chance of NKing their target. I'm not sure about it but it's just the way I see it.
I was wondering the same thing. It seems pretty clear to me that a random scum target is better than a "cleared" townie. We only need to be sure that there isn't the random scum with a daykill power. Do we want to do any targeted vigging, like voting someone up to L-1 and then vigging them instead of lynching? We could do that once or twice before lynching someone.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:13 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Cobalt wrote: I'm pretty sure the gate actions are public. There's nothing to suggest they aren't. Parama, that line looks like it means if the scum target someone in the SZ, a random non-scum person in the SZ will die. So putting protown people in the SZ is actually a good idea, as long as there's more than 1-2, as it forces scum to target someone else or get a randomized kill.
yabba, majority/minority is more keystrokes than town/scum
This. I pretty much assumed that Gatekeeping duties were done in thread since Daykilling was aswell :P. But that's just something we'll have to wait for the mod to confirm.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:05 am

Post by ortolan »

I suspect if there are town power-roles, they may need to be outside the safe zone in order to function. Otherwise game would be breakable by putting the PRs in with a bunch of other people.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by dramonic »

Back from vla. Reading up.l
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by Bogre »

Listen, guys, I don't know what is up with all this speculation. Is it only me who thought that this game would just be that everyone had a daykill, find the scum? Without crazy other roles like yankers or whatever?
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by bird1111 »

Bogre wrote:Listen, guys, I don't know what is up with all this speculation. Is it only me who thought that this game would just be that everyone had a daykill, find the scum? Without crazy other roles like yankers or whatever?
I thought the game would turn into a daykilling with very little if any scumhunting, does that count?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Prod on Chamber please
He hasn't posted yet.

Regarding the speculation, I don't think it particularly useful to go into discussion as to what power roles might be/do. It isn't an open setup, it is possible there could be power roles and let's just leave it at that.

@bird1111
It could still become that, though I am a little surprised no one has been shot yet. Good that it hasn't though, gives town a lot more power when we can shoot more constructively or with more information rather than just going trigger happy on each other.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

IMO all the role speculation is pointless. What we need is Albert to come in here and clarify whatever he can.
Regardless, let's just treat this as a normal game and scumhunt as usual for now. Whatdya' say?
FLASH OF GREEN
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by bird1111 »

semioldguy wrote:
Prod on Chamber please
He hasn't posted yet.

Regarding the speculation, I don't think it particularly useful to go into discussion as to what power roles might be/do. It isn't an open setup, it is possible there could be power roles and let's just leave it at that.

@bird1111
It could still become that, though I am a little surprised no one has been shot yet. Good that it hasn't though, gives town a lot more power when we can shoot more constructively or with more information rather than just going trigger happy on each other.
QFT'ing this entire post. Especially the lack of kills being a good thing (I've seen far more games that went kill happy with daykills be a town loss then a town win, it was something like a 5-10% winning percentage)
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by bird1111 »

Scum Wins:
Expolosiva
Bad Idea Mafia
Bad Idea Mafia 2
Russian Roulette 2
Yosarians Nuke Games (3 in total)
Unreal Tournament Mafia
Worse Idea Mafia - Guardian fails
Marathon Bad Idea Mafias 1 and 2
The 3 games in the The Battle of Heaven Series

Town Wins:
Really Bad Idea
Russian Roulette 1 & 3
UT Prototype (Worst Idea)

Technically a draw, declared scum victory:
ebohanhar

I was off by a fair amount, 20% (not counting ebohanhar due to the draw being due to a horrible ruleset, still low though (though Battle of Heaven Series did not have daykills; though the town did lose due to being far too kill from what I understand, which is why I left them in)
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by Cobalt »

Was Really Bad Idea the one town won because forbiddanlight randomly shot the godfather?
hatersgonnahate.gif
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

ortolan wrote:I suspect if there are town power-roles, they may need to be outside the safe zone in order to function. Otherwise game would be breakable by putting the PRs in with a bunch of other people.

This seems likely.

On another tangent why do you feel there is no pro town reason to go in the safe zone ort?
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by dramonic »

My perception from the queue's stuff was that the only roles were those in the op
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by Cobalt »

I thought so too, but ABR says the game is actually closed.
hatersgonnahate.gif
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:14 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

ortolan wrote:I suspect if there are town power-roles, they may need to be outside the safe zone in order to function. Otherwise game would be breakable by putting the PRs in with a bunch of other people.
I'm not sure I see the value in this comment. Are you perhaps rolefishing?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:20 pm

Post by chamber »

No need to prod me, I'll vig when ready.
Taking a break from the site.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:30 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

bird1111 wrote:Actually,
Mod: Can the Gatekeeper pick who goes in the safezone secretly?
Yah.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:04 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

If a player is shot while in the safezone, the shooter loses his 1-shot and nobody dies. I'll post some kind of scene.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:55 pm

Post by ortolan »

If Gatekeeper puts someone into the safezone without telling us, gatekeeper is scum.
DragonsofSummer (137) wrote:
This seems likely.

On another tangent why do you feel there is no pro town reason to go in the safe zone ort?
I already explained my reasoning. What do you think is the pro-town reason
for
using the safe zone?
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:04 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

ortolan wrote:If Gatekeeper puts someone into the safezone without telling us, gatekeeper is scum.
DragonsofSummer (137) wrote:
This seems likely.

I already explained my reasoning. What do you think is the pro-town reason
for
using the safe zone?
I don't think its protown or proscum in a void. I can see it being helpful to both depending on which faction currently controls the gate.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:12 pm

Post by ortolan »

in what circumstances do you see it being protown, and in what circumstances do you see it being proscum?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:22 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

orlotan wrote: If Gatekeeper puts someone into the safezone without telling us, gatekeeper is scum.
Well, not necessarily.

The way I see it, I'm a doctor that can randomize NKs instead of preventing them completely. So, at the end of each night, I could throw my top town read and 2 neutral reads into the safezone OR 2 Town submitted names and one town read of mine. Then, my first post of the next day could name the three players that I put into the safezone the previous night; they then come immediately out of the safezone. Power is kept in check by the following system:

If a daykill fails that day and it's NOT one of the people I named, I get vigged. If a daykill fails that day and it IS one of the people I named, the person gets lynched; if they flip town, I get shot. If someone claims they weren't in the safezone in the first place, they get shot. If they flip town, I get shot. If someone claims they were in the safezone and I didn't name them, they get shot. If the shot doesn't go through, I get shot.

If I get NKed, elect the next scummiest member (but not one you would rather shoot/lynch instead) as Gatekeeper. Ideally, the power of the Gatekeeper is kept to a minimum and having a scum as Gatekeeper shouldn't benefit them at all; after all, the Gatekeeper's powers would primarily be in use during the night, and you can get some good reads from just who the Gatekeeper decides to put inside the safety zone.

Criticisms, comments, questions?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:28 pm

Post by ortolan »

ABR: are people advised when they are moved into the safezone?

semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:30 am

Post by semioldguy »

ortolan wrote:I already explained my reasoning. What do you think is the pro-town reason
for
using the safe zone?
I have explained several pro-town reasons for using the safe zone, none of which you have shot down, have you just completely ignored or missed these posts intentionally?
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”