Mafia 107 - Christmas Time Mafia (Game over)

Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:41 am

Post by Tarballs »

1st Vote Count of Day 1

3 - CSL
(DizzyIzzyB13, DragonsofSummer, malpascp)
2 - RichardGHP
(TheLonging, Bogre)
1 - pman5595
(Nicodemus)
1 - curiouskarmadog
(sorasgoof)
1 - Fugitive
(Konowa)

12 - Not voting
(CSL, danakillsu, CCARaven4, diddin, pman5595, Fugitive, RichardGHP, NavyCherub, ready2rock, InflatablePie, curiouskarmadog, Parama)

With 20 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch.
Deadline for this day is January 21st, 2010.

No one is eligible for a prod anytime soon. I'm more concerned about danakillsu, who hasn't posted on the site for over a week, but I'm still waiting until tomorrow before replacing him or CSL.
CCARaven4
CCARaven4
Townie
CCARaven4
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:43 am

Post by CCARaven4 »

Parama wrote:
CCARaven4 wrote:As one of the only people left in the game who has not posted, but have no real content to add, I present to you all the very first votals of the game!
Are you SURE there's nothing you can add? There's 3 pages of content, plenty to go off of at this early point in the game.
The timing of that post was about 2AM, after a long day at work, etc, and I put about fifteen minutes of work into just trying to track all of the voting, so I was in no mental state to go back over all the posts and try to find some sort of scumtell with anyone, I'm going to do that this morning and put in a post in the next few hours with some real stuff.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:47 am

Post by Konowa »

unvote;

After thinking about it last night, I think I am getting more of a disconnect from Fugitive rather than a scummy vibe.

@Navy, r2r, Fugitive - What about the CSL bandwagon do you find scummy?

vote TheLonging

Thoughts on the game so far?
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:58 am

Post by TheLonging »

Yeah, I have a few thoughts.

We obviously can't go a lot of places now since it's only the first day. Then again, RVS voting can only get us so far. We can't grab a lot of info based on these 4 pages. If anything, I find a random lynch one of the best options we have unless someone basically acts very scummy. Then again, I don't even know who we could lynch.

Unvote: RichardGHP
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:58 am

Post by Fugitive »

Konowa wrote:@Navy, r2r, Fugitive - What about the CSL bandwagon do you find scummy?
Honestly, now that you've prodded me to think about it it's not THAT scummy. I was running under the thought process that half a lynch worth of votes on someone who hasn't even posted was pretty scummy as the scum could want a quick lynch of someone who's not scum. When given more thought I realize it was only 5 votes, and 5 pretty RVS votes and I doubt anyone expected a lynch to come of it. So yeah, it still doesn't really sit well with me, but I don't find it especially scummy.

The scummiest tells I'm getting are from Richard and pman, but they just seem noobish rather then scummy when given a lot of thought. I can't rule out people like you, Borge, mal, ckd, etc... though, who have really contributed no content and merely voted or asked questions.

Mind explaining your reasoning for your vote and your thoughts on the CSL wagon?
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:59 am

Post by NavyCherub »

Konowa wrote:What about the CSL bandwagon do you find scummy?
First of all, I find it scummy any time someone gets that many votes with zero reasoning. Add to that the fact that CSL hasn't even posted yet and gathered five votes on the very first page. I have the feeling someone knows more than they are letting on.

It doesn't help that the wagon came with comments like these...
DragonsofSummer wrote:Whats the problem with a good wagon in the rvs? NOTHING!
malpascp wrote:Yeah there is no problem with wagons on RVS
...which I understand are most likely early-game jokes, but are just a bit strange to me.

Konowa, do you not find the wagon scummy, even a little?
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:08 am

Post by TheLonging »

Vote: Konowa

Now, what are YOUR thoughts on the game fair sir? Should we lynch anyone? Should we throw random votes around? Who do you think is the scummiest?
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
CCARaven4
CCARaven4
Townie
CCARaven4
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:33 am

Post by CCARaven4 »

TheLonging wrote:

Now, what are YOUR thoughts on the game fair sir? Should we lynch anyone? Should we throw random votes around? Who do you think is the scummiest?
TheLonging is getting pretty jumpy after Konowa voted for him, giving some thoughts on the game about RVS, and then voting for Konowa. I personally don't think it's enough to act on, but it's worth looking at for later days.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:35 am

Post by Konowa »

@Fugitive - I hate the RVS. I think everyone tries to get out of it as soon as possible. So in an attempt to get out of it as quickly as possible I wagon in RVS. I will attach myself to the largest wagon at the time and see how people position themself. There was no real reason for my vote other than that. As far as the CSL wagon goes, I really did not think twice about it. None of the votes of CSL really stood out to me.

@Navy - As said above, there was nothing that really stood out to me about the CSL wagon in and of itself. However, mal's 47 does not sit well with me as it looks like he is trying to project the fourth vote [DoS' vote] as inherently scummier than his.

@TheLonging - So you find
nothing
scummy so far? I find this a little hard to believe as there have been a few things that have happened so far that multiple people are commenting on. I think that Fugitive vs. me was just a disconnect between what I was looking for and what he thought I was looking. pman's "RVS is stupid", followed by a random vote, followed by a quick unvote initially seemed a little off to me but doing a cursory meta check it seems in line with newbie play. At the moment I find you and mal the scummiest. You so far seem to be just floating through the game without commenting on anything around you. Reasoning for mal is above. I will admit that the reasoning for both of these reads is slight as it is only page four and a number of people have not contributed yet.
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:35 am

Post by pman5595 »

TheLonging wrote:I find a random lynch one of the best options we have unless someone basically acts very scummy.
This is bad. I know from another game I am playing that people will start to act scummy on day 1, it just takes some time. A random lynch would help nothing, and would most likely be a townie. Scum could easily jump on a random townie lynch. The best bet is to wait it out until someone starts acting scummy.

That might be what you were getting at, I couldn't tell for sure.
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:43 am

Post by NavyCherub »

Konowa wrote:However, mal's 47 does not sit well with me as it looks like he is trying to project the fourth vote [DoS' vote] as inherently scummier than his.
I disagree, looks to me like he was saying that if one were to say his vote was scummy than the vote before his should be equally as scummy, as they basically said the same thing. After all, DragonsofSummer got zero attention for his vote/"reasoning" and he hasn't said anything since (which isn't inherently scummy this early but worth mentioning). I find those posts equally suspicious, personally.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:54 am

Post by Konowa »

Disagreement's are good. It gets people talking :)

I can see where you are coming from Navy, and it is a good thought, however the way mal phrased the question has me thinking he was trying to project DoS' vote as inherently more scummy than his.
malpascp, post 47 wrote:Why is the 5th vote so much sucummy that the 4th?
If mal had said something along the lines of "If people are finding me scummy, then why are they not finding DoS scummy for doing the same thing?" then I would agree with you. However, the fact that he only asked about the positioning of the votes has me leaning more to what I am thinking.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:57 am

Post by Parama »

TheLonging wrote:

What is the point of this vote? It looks like an OMGUS to me, but it also seems like you're trying to call Konowa out and make him post his thoughts... which he has been doing throughout the game already <.< I honestly don't know what you were thinking when you placed this vote.

Anyways, there's still 3 lurkers... CSL, danakillsu, and diddin. I'd really like to hear something from them, hmm, which to choose...
I think I'm going to
vote: diddin
because I trust that he'll be able to contribute something if pressured. Dana is in another game I'm playing and isn't doing much of anything, and I've never played with CSL. So, diddin, thoughts so far?
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:23 am

Post by pman5595 »

Parama wrote:I think I'm going to
vote: diddin
because I trust that he'll be able to contribute something if pressured. Dana is in another game I'm playing and isn't doing much of anything, and I've never played with CSL. So, diddin, thoughts so far?
He might not know the game has started. WE didn't confirm in thread so he might not even know where this thread is. Should someone pm him with a link to the thread?
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:36 am

Post by TheLonging »

Unvote: Konowa

No, I haven't found anyone suspicious Kon, save for a few people that show up on my ultra-cool Scumdar 9001, only $99.99 at Wal-Mart. But they don't show up much for a few reasons. I didn't say there was no one suspicious; I simply asked your thoughts on the game so far.

I'm gonna send diddin a PM to the thread via SH or MSN.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:03 am

Post by Konowa »

I am pretty sure that TheLonging is scum.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:36 am

Post by TheLonging »

ask me to explain something and I will
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Tarballs »

pman5595 wrote:He might not know the game has started. WE didn't confirm in thread so he might not even know where this thread is. Should someone pm him with a link to the thread?
I sent every player a PM about the game starting with a link when I opened the thread. diddin, along with DragonsofSummer, is yet to open that PM.
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:07 am

Post by pman5595 »

also, I have seen CSL post elsewhere on the forums, so I would like to hear from them as well as diddin, and dragonsofsummer.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:39 am

Post by diddin »

I'm alive, my internet just went down the shitter for a while. I'll post something after I read through the thread.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:47 am

Post by diddin »

Vote: TheLonging
, for 2 reasons.

1. OMGUS vote
2. Random voting is very anti-town and you should at least have an opinon on who is acting scummy and who isn't.

FOS: Richard
, for jumpy voting habits and wagoning, but he tends to do that in all of his games and I need more to determine if it's because he's scum or because he's a noob.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:52 am

Post by Parama »

Kk, thanks for posting/clearing that up.
Which means I'd like to heard from dana now.
Unvote, vote: danakillsu
Konowa wrote:I am pretty sure that TheLonging is scum.
Are you going to build a case? I can kinda see where you're coming from but I'm not sure TheLonging is scum yet. In my terrible opinion, it's still too early for me to have any definite reads on players yet. But of course my opinion is terrible.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:23 am

Post by Konowa »

What I am thinking is by no mean rock solid. It is, however, more gut than anything else. Before I lay out my thoughts I would like for everyone is who is
not
voting to vote who they think is the scummiest so far with a brief explanation why. This will help town out immensely.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

I'm up for it, Konowa.

Vote: TheLonging

Despite saying that he has "a few thoughts," he isn't really taking a stance on anything. He writes this off by saying that there hasn't been anything to go off of from only four pages, but I highly disagree. There have been quite a few events and some decent discussion all around, so to not have any opinions after all that is strange. Everyone else has had something to say, so why doesn't he?
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by pman5595 »

Konowa wrote:What I am thinking is by no mean rock solid. It is, however, more gut than anything else. Before I lay out my thoughts I would like for everyone is who is
not
voting to vote who they think is the scummiest so far with a brief explanation why. This will help town out immensely.
Since no one else seems to be willing to go first, I'll try it.

Vote: The Longing

He definitely is the most suspicious player as of now.

His first serious post in the thread didn't come until page 4, and only after a prodding by Konowa. In that post he said that a random lynch was one of our best options but he wouldn't know who to random lynch. That sort of struck me as odd.

His next post was asking Konowa who he thought was the scummiest, it seemed kind of jumpy and defensive, especially since konowa had already contributed a lot to the thread.

His next post basically stated that he didn't have any ideas who is scum, with a lot of filler.

His latest post asked anyone to ask him a question, and he will answer it. I have a question for him: Why were you in support of a random lynch? that seems like a sure way to lynch town, and won't help find scum at all

Is that the kind of thing you were looking for, konowa?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”