ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:35 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

CSL wrote:Badger: For Not enough scumhunting and/or lack thereof, and bad misrepping, which is why my vote is currently on him.

Parts: Ignoring information that could help us, and lack of scumhunting.
FoS: Parts

XScorpion, for using the word "buddy." Could that mean "Scumbuddy?" Only time will tell.
CSL, are you going to add something new at any point, or just cut and paste other peoples' comments the whole game? So far you're the sort of town who loses games.

Please explain how you've done more scum hunting than I have. Hell, even than Parts has.

Also, you ignored/didn't bother to read my comment towards you:
ElectricBadger wrote:
CSL wrote:Interesting. Badger is contradicting himself, and lurking.

You should tell us what you're attempting to hide from us.
Nearly a quote from Ecto's accusations and post 61...I shall interpret this as '
too lazy to read the game and investigate, but someone mentioned lurking so must post something
'. The hypocrisy is even more astounding than Ecto.

CSL, how do you define lurking and in what way does my behavior match that and yours not? Since you're voting me for contradicting myself and lurking, it would be ironic if you were doing either, let alone both.

And
tell what I'm attempting to hide
? What does that even mean?
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:46 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Parts wrote:Ok I see this post was too open ended and is still a point of cotention. This post was about making the judgement of whether Ecto's vote constituted OMGUS or not. I thought the reasons for his vote were horrible but did not constitute OMGUS. ElectricBadger had legitimate points to make about Ecto’s vote. Throwing out an OMGUS on top of that is a complete red herring.
So I made legitimate points, but you disagree with my use of a term and therefore I'm scum?

And no, your remark wasn't about OMGUS - it was in reply to my pointing out that Ecto's charge of lurking was hypocrisy. You disputed that it wasn't since the hypocritical acts took place outside this thread, which remains a ridiculous assertion.
Parts wrote:I think Electricbadger is scummiest so far since he has thrown out some misreps and attributed positions to me that I do not hold.

Vote: ElectricBadger
Because voting me is easier than disproving me, I assume?

Am I the only one that is 'attributing positions' to you? Do you feel your comment was clear?
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:11 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Welcome to the game, Starbuck.
Starbuck wrote:It seems rather hypocritical to me that EB tries to call out Ecto for distracting the town with his conversation with Parts about FOS's, but EB was definitely distracting from scumhunting when he was trying to lead Ecto and the rest of the town into a conversation about lurking.
Distracting from what scumhunting, precisely? I believe my vote for Ecto's lurking was the first serious one of the game.

Ecto ignored me to start another conversation. That is distraction.
Starbuck wrote:
ElectricBadger wrote:Because he immediately got two votes for it.
This is just reaching now.
He announced an intention to lurk. Multiple people attacked him for it, and he responded with a fair number of posts, reversing his position. Seeing a link there doesn't seem like reaching to me at all.
Starbuck wrote:
ElectricBadger wrote:And yes, I did look in at one point and decided not to post - I was giving you a chance to push your case on Parts, which you failed to do. Distracting from that would have been counterproductive. Spamming is no more help to town than lurking.
I'm not Ecto, but as I read it, he really wasn't trying to push a case on Parts. He was just asking him a question. Nice misrep here.
That's exactly what I said. He saw something he identified clearly as a scum tell - that scum use FOS much more often than townies - then FAILED to push it. If he HAD pushed the case, I would have seen that as pro-town. Nice misrep yourself.
Starbuck wrote:EB's constant requests for Ecto's definition of lurking when Ecto gave it on the first page of the game, bothers me. It's just another way to distract from scumhunting.
I was giving Ecto every chance to disprove my charge of hypocrisy: to give contrary evidence. Investigating IS scumhunting; refusing to change a first reaction is not.

Also, please point out this definition on the first page, because I don't see it. His only p 1 reference to lurking was:
Ectomancer wrote:I have pneumonia. It gives me the perfect excuse to try out the role of active lurker. I've never been able to pull it off. I always end up as one of the most active posters in game. Wish me luck!
Starbuck wrote:Please show some examples on how Ecto was coaching Parts, because I really didn't see it.
Re-read page one:
Parts wrote:
FOS: Ectomancer
for announcing active lurking.
Ectomancer wrote:What would you say Parts if I told you that in my experience scum tend to use an
fos
at nearly twice the rate of a town player?
Parts wrote:I'd say that's nice. How do you think it applies to me?
Ectomancer wrote:It doesn't. Thought you might find it interesting though.
Seems to clearly state that it's a scum tell and to stop doing it.

Parts hasn't used an FOS since, btw.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:43 am

Post by XScorpion »

Badger wrote:CSL, are you going to add something new at any point, or just cut and paste other peoples' comments the whole game? So far you're the sort of town who loses games.
And you believe he is town because...?
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:22 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

XScorpion wrote:And you believe he is town because...?
I'm liking the Starbuck/Parts team right now, mostly.

Also, CSL's foibles are so glaring I can't see them as anything but bad play, which is a weak scum tell at best. If that is the situation, calling him scum is more likely to make him dismiss the error as others' faults (for mis-reading scum) rather than his own (for playing bad town). It's one thing to be found scummy; it's another to be called a decent lynch whether you're scum or not.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Parts wrote:It has crossed my mind that Ecto/Starbuck and ElectricBadger could be scumbuddies who engineered this whole thing in pregame talk to combine a buddying action by Ecto with a distancing act between Ecto and ElectricBadger.
How would you engineer a buddying attempt, before the game even began? It feels like you are just trying to find something to move suspicion off you.

You are distancing yourself from both of these players in this post. Logically, Starbuck seems a more likely partner as you are distancing yet not pointing them out completely, trying to still keep most suspicion on another player besides your partner.
Welcome to the Network.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by XScorpion »

Parts wrote:It has crossed my mind that Ecto/Starbuck and ElectricBadger could be scumbuddies who engineered this whole thing in pregame talk to combine a buddying action by Ecto with a distancing act between Ecto and ElectricBadger.
Did scum get a chance to talk to each other before the game started?
Parts
Parts
Townie
Parts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:55 pm

Post by Parts »

don_johnson wrote: 4. No talking outside the game thread unless your role pm specifically states that you may. If it does, you may communicate until the thread opens.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:13 pm

Post by XScorpion »

but
don_johnson wrote:During the day you need to try and blend in, but
at night you may talk
outside the game thread.
So...before the thread opened it was night 0?
Parts
Parts
Townie
Parts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:29 pm

Post by Parts »

That is how I understood it.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:04 pm

Post by don_johnson »

The "Please read rule # 4" near midnight vote count:

Xscorpion- kunkstar7 (1)
Parts- JoshLyman (1)
JoshLyman-
kunkstar7-
Starbuck- ElectricBadger (1)
ElectricBadger- CSL, Starbuck, Parts (3)
CSL- Xscorpion (1)

Not Voting- none

with seven alive it takes 4 to lynch.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:52 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Badger, you are at L-1.

Claim time.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:19 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Starbuck wrote:Badger, you are at L-1.

Claim time.
It's still early in the day and I'm not too concerned about your scum wagon. If someone is willing to hammer I'll claim, but now would be premature.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:00 am

Post by Starbuck »

It's premature to claim when you are at L-1?

How does that make ANY sense?
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:02 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Also, while I prefer Starbuck there seems more interest in Parts and he's still a pretty good lynch, so time to up the pressure a smidge.

Unvote Starbuck, Vote Parts.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:05 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Starbuck wrote:It's premature to claim when you are at L-1?

How does that make ANY sense?
ATM any hammer would be rather sudden, as no one else is showing much interest. Also, everyone else is voting people on my wagon, or calling them scum, so a vote would be even more abrupt. So despite the vote count I'm not feeling in any immediate danger of a lynch.

As I said, if someone else states they're willing to hammer me I'll claim. Doing so before I absolutely have to can only hurt town, however - so why are you so eager for it?
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:09 am

Post by XScorpion »

badger wrote: Also, everyone else is voting people on my wagon, or calling them scum, so a vote would be even more abrupt.
Kunkstar isn't.

I would normally threaten the hammer but I'm not prepared to support a lynch favoured by the person I believe to be scummiest (CSL).
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:54 am

Post by CSL »

Contrary to what you think, I always re-read the thread. I haven't found anything scummy other than what other people said.

To answer your question about lurking, I'll reply with a question of my own. Did you see my V/LA notice last page?

Everyone else is implying the same.

Now, to wait until scummy things have been posted.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:37 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Replying with a question is usually poor form. Yes, I did - but it was the behavior before that comment that inspired both your vote and my question, and the quality of posting since hasn't changed anything.

You've commented on my lurking, lack of scum hunting, and contradicting myself. Here's every one of your posts leading up to your vote:
CSL wrote:/confirm
CSL wrote:RVS time...

Vote: kunkstar
for being te first one to confirm.
CSL wrote:Haha.
CSL wrote:I love the RVS.
CSL wrote:Because I was offline...

I shall be V/LA starting around 11:30pm EST, lasting until the 28th. Access to the internet on Christmas Day, and the day after will be limited.

Re-reading the short portions that I missed.
CSL wrote:
Unvote

Interesting. Badger is contradicting himself, and lurking.

Vote: Badger

You should tell us what you're attempting to hide from us.
How is any of that not lurking? Your longest post was the explanation that you wouldn't be posting. Where is your scum hunting? How you are you not contradicting yourself?
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:13 am

Post by CSL »

I mean to imply that I did contradict myself. If you don't see it, take this post as a confession.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:20 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Then I'm left confused. You're doing all the things you're voting me for - so why do you think I'm a good lynch, exactly?
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:23 am

Post by CSL »

I smell AtE...

You seem more scummy than anyone else....
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:28 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Where is AtE? And why do I seem scummy?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:45 pm

Post by Starbuck »

ElectricBadger wrote:
Starbuck wrote:It seems rather hypocritical to me that EB tries to call out Ecto for distracting the town with his conversation with Parts about FOS's, but EB was definitely distracting from scumhunting when he was trying to lead Ecto and the rest of the town into a conversation about lurking.
Distracting from what scumhunting, precisely? I believe my vote for Ecto's lurking was the first serious one of the game.

Ecto ignored me to start another conversation. That is distraction.
How is what Ecto did a distraction and what you did not one also?

I'm not Ecto and I can't answer for his actions, but you did the exact same thing he did.

ElectricBadger wrote:
Starbuck wrote:
ElectricBadger wrote:Because he immediately got two votes for it.
This is just reaching now.
He announced an intention to lurk. Multiple people attacked him for it, and he responded with a fair number of posts, reversing his position. Seeing a link there doesn't seem like reaching to me at all.
The only link I see here is the fact that you and XScorpion were the two votes on him, and that XScorpion was the one that asked you the question in this instance.

Elaboration:

The first person that voted was yourself, Post 17, due to his intention to lurk.

The second was from XScorpion in Post 18 who only says that he's YOUR new buddy and that he's kicking off all the bandwagons. Nothing about Ecto's intention to lurk.

And amazingly who did the question come from that received the answer of "Because he immediately got two votes for it"?

Post 42, BY XScorpion.

So now explain to me, how that's not reaching? When it definitely feels like both of you coordinated this.

ElectricBadger wrote:
Starbuck wrote:
ElectricBadger wrote:And yes, I did look in at one point and decided not to post - I was giving you a chance to push your case on Parts, which you failed to do. Distracting from that would have been counterproductive. Spamming is no more help to town than lurking.
I'm not Ecto, but as I read it, he really wasn't trying to push a case on Parts. He was just asking him a question. Nice misrep here.
That's exactly what I said. He saw something he identified clearly as a scum tell - that scum use FOS much more often than townies - then FAILED to push it. If he HAD pushed the case, I would have seen that as pro-town. Nice misrep yourself.
What did I misrepresent?

You stated that you didn't post because you were giving him a chance to "push his case on Parts". What if he really was just asking Parts a question and had no intention of pushing a case? Last I knew in a mafia game, you could ask someone a question and not have to make a case on them about it. So why would you misrepresent that he was trying to push a case when he wasn't?

You clearly misrepresent Ecto in the last part of your post by purposely leaving out the very last thing he said about the subject, which you can see at the bottom of this...

Let's take a look at the evidence:

Ecto, Post 21:
Ectomancer wrote:What would you say Parts if I told you that in my experience scum tend to use an
fos
at nearly twice the rate of a town player?
Parts, Post 22
Parts wrote:I'd say that's nice. How do you think it applies to me?
Ectomancer, Post 23
Ectomancer wrote:It doesn't. Thought you might find it interesting though.
Parts, Post 24
Parts wrote:How reliable do you actually find that tell in practice?
Also, what if he took a glance at Parts' join date and realized that maybe Parts is still trying to get a grasp on things? Did that ever come to your mind? Hmm, maybe it did occur to Ecto....

Ectomancer, Post 25
Ectomancer wrote:In newbie games? Not at all. The caveat to that observation is that it is nearly completely opposite with newer players.
I find that a few things are different with newer players, hence my lead question.
So how in fact is this coaching and why did you leave out the last thing that Ecto said on the subject? You cut and pasted things to make yourself look better and didn't show the actual facts.

This is scummy.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:15 pm

Post by Starbuck »

ElectricBadger wrote:
Starbuck wrote:EB's constant requests for Ecto's definition of lurking when Ecto gave it on the first page of the game, bothers me. It's just another way to distract from scumhunting.
I was giving Ecto every chance to disprove my charge of hypocrisy: to give contrary evidence. Investigating IS scumhunting; refusing to change a first reaction is not.

Also, please point out this definition on the first page, because I don't see it. His only p 1 reference to lurking was:
Ectomancer wrote:I have pneumonia. It gives me the perfect excuse to try out the role of active lurker. I've never been able to pull it off. I always end up as one of the most active posters in game. Wish me luck!

I apologize, I mistyped, it wasn't page 1. It was the very top of page 3.

Post 50

Specifically...
Ectomancer wrote:Not commenting on 8 posts in a day is quite a bit different. What this means is he logged in, saw 8 posts there and then
deliberately makes a decision not to post
. That right there is the definition of lurking, and Badger's 2 posts have me convinced that he came, he saw, he left and didnt post again until I voted for him.

Also, how can you change a first reaction? You can recant it, but you can never change it.

Return to “Completed Open Games”