Mini 897 - OpenSource Mafia - Game over!!

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Vaya wrote:Almaster, do you still think Snow_Bunny should target you tonight, given what she said above?
Hmmm...I'm not totally sure. I really want to hear more of a fullclaim from SB; I'm skeptical of this shifting, half-baked claim we have right now. The way I initially viewed her role seemed to mesh perfectly with mine, but now that she's clarifying, things are becoming more complicated and less perfect.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

I've been fairly busy recently, and I'm sorry for the lack of recent activity.
Iecerint wrote:Pome, what do you make of Alma's request for alignment change, and do you think that affects how we should treat Alma? If so, how?
I don't think SB should target Alm tonight. I think she should either target the person she finds scummiest, or no one at all. I don't think we should treat Alma differently based off of what Alm has said so fer about his role.

You brought up interactions between SB and Alm. I hadn't thought about it, because I don't usually start looking at connections until D2, when there is information. But in the light of the information we have, examining connections could be of more use than usual for D1. Hopefully I will have time to get to it soon.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Pomegranate wrote:I don't think SB should target Alm tonight. I think she should either target the person she finds scummiest, or no one at all. I don't think we should treat Alma differently based off of what Alm has said so fer about his role.
...what? You are currently voting for me. Doesn't that mean you think I'm the scummiest player, and should thus be targeted by SB?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

AlmasterGM wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:I don't think SB should target Alm tonight. I think she should either target the person she finds scummiest, or no one at all. I don't think we should treat Alma differently based off of what Alm has said so fer about his role.
...what? You are currently voting for me. Doesn't that mean you think I'm the scummiest player, and should thus be targeted by SB?
Her role is very complicated. And I think you're scummy, and maybe she should target you tonight. But I think that not using her action, if possible, would be best, for N1. By "the person she finds scummiest", I meant that we can't control SB's target, and it's ultimately up to her, and we can't control that.

IMHO, if she targets someone, it should be you. But I don't think she should target anyone tonight. So I don't think she should target you.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Pomegranate wrote:Her role is very complicated.
How do you know what her role does?
Pom wrote:IMHO, if she targets someone, it should be you. But I don't think she should target anyone tonight. So I don't think she should target you.
So you're doing a complete 180 on your previous advocacy. Ok.

More Pomegranate votes, please.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

AlmasterGM wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:Her role is very complicated.
How do you know what her role does?
I don't. I mean something like what you said here:
AlmasterGM wrote:The way I initially viewed her role seemed to mesh perfectly with mine, but now that she's clarifying, things are becoming more complicated and less perfect.
That it's not entirely clear.
Alm wrote:
Pom wrote:IMHO, if she targets someone, it should be you. But I don't think she should target anyone tonight. So I don't think she should target you.
So you're doing a complete 180 on your previous advocacy. Ok.

More Pomegranate votes, please.
The first post in questiont:
Pomegranate wrote:I don't think SB should target Alm tonight.
The second posts in question:
Pomegranate wrote:So I don't think she should target you [Alm][tonight].

What 180?
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

You left out the rest of your post.
Pom wrote:I don't think SB should target Alm tonight.
I think she should either target the person she finds scummiest, or no one at all.
Your intentions are much less clear when put into context. I don't think that post suggests at ALL that you are 100% against SB using her power. Why not just say "I don't think she should use her power."? It's extremely confusing, especially given this:
IMHO, if she targets someone, it should be you.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by Iecerint »

SSK wrote:
Iecerint wrote:I have an opinion on the subject, but I want Pome to give hers first. I'll say that I think your SB interaction is very important and Pome appears to have minimized it except to point out that it wasn't scumhunting.
Why did you want to hide this much?
I wanted to avoid telling Pome point-blank what I wanted to hear. Or do you mean something else?

I disagree with Pome about Alma. I think Alma's request for alignment-change targeting strongly indicates that -- contrary to his claim that SB targeting him will give townAlma abilities -- Alma is likely to currently be non-town. After all, this is what led to his request:
SB wrote:So, scums out there, I have this wonderful ability that turns scum into town. So, who's scum? Let me help you. It's totally free.
His recent Vaya-prompted backtrack also looks bad. What after this initial post could have possibly made the flavor mesh *less* well? The only way this initial post *could* have meshed well is if Alma is scum.

Dubiously excluding the UK/SSK/Vaya triumvirate, I think Alma is the most obvious choice. He's almost certainly currently scum, and SB's ability to convert him -- if it exists at all -- is probably compromised by her having claimed it. We're better off killing him now.
Vote: Alma

I should add that I don't like Alma in the recent Pome/Alma exchange. It looks to me like Alma is deliberately focusing on minutia of Pome's posts to bring out details that clearly weren't intended.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:57 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

AlmasterGM wrote:You left out the rest of your post.
Pom wrote:I don't think SB should target Alm tonight.
I think she should either target the person she finds scummiest, or no one at all.
Your intentions are much less clear when put into context. I don't think that post suggests at ALL that you are 100% against SB using her power. Why not just say "I don't think she should use her power."? It's extremely confusing, especially given this:
IMHO,
if
she targets someone, it should be you.
But you're also taking things out of context, like the last quote of mine in the quote of yours above. That right before this line:
But I don't think she should target anyone tonight. So I don't think she should target you.

I'll explain myself for a second time, stating my opinions for the third time:

I don't think SB should target anyone tonight.
Obviously, that's her decision. It can't be made for her.
I think that if SB chooses
not to
follow
, then she should target you.
My top choice of what SB should do with her action tonight is
: target no one.

Clear now?
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

@Mod: Requesting replacement; work stress somehow has led to complete mafia burnout.
My most sincere apologies to all involved; I get home after a shit day of retail and the
last
thing I want to do is deal with what I realize now amounts to unnecessary additional drama in my life.

Best of luck, all.
And as your mother, you will listen to me, young lady. There will be no leading of these ships and armies on a mass-murdering crusade. Or else.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:32 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

SSK wrote:
Why did you want to hide this much?
I can think of several reasons, pending what she says in response to Pom

Iec wrote:
I disagree with Pome about Alma. I think Alma's request for alignment-change targeting strongly indicates that -- contrary to his claim that SB targeting him will give townAlma abilities -- Alma is likely to currently be non-town. After all, this is what led to his request:
well, I had been thinking about that, and thinking how wonderful it would be if Alma were claiming scum without claiming scum. It'd be a clever way to avoid lynch in the case that SB were running a gambit, and also a good way to get the scum a good test of SB's abilities.

Hmm. I have formulated a couple theories mostly based on Alm's flip/alignment change.

I shall wait until that to reveal them.
Iec wrote:
Dubiously excluding the UK/SSK/Vaya triumvirate, I think Alma is the most obvious choice. He's almost certainly currently scum, and SB's ability to convert him -- if it exists at all -- is probably compromised by her having claimed it. We're better off killing him now. Vote: Alma.
Apparently I never asked you this despite meaning to. Are you really calling me scum with the person who would HAVE to be bussing Vaya and claiming a day ability that he'd have to keep up for the rest of the game to live? And that Vaya was COUNTERBUSSING? And calling me scum because I derailed the whole plan? Logically, I don't think this triplet can even EXIST.

If you are reasoning I am scum for different reasons, I would love to hear them ^-^.

As for killing Alma now, I wanna see a few things first. Such as SB's ability.

Iec wrote:
I should add that I don't like Alma in the recent Pome/Alma exchange. It looks to me like Alma is deliberately focusing on minutia of Pome's posts to bring out details that clearly weren't intended.
Nyeh, they both look bad in my opinion, but I agree that Almaster isn't attacking the reasoning in the case so much as playing word games.
VMD wrote: My most sincere apologies to all involved; I get home after a shit day of retail and the last thing I want to do is deal with what I realize now amounts to unnecessary additional drama in my life.
Allow me to give you an internets hug, and to wish you the best of luck in resolving that drama. I'm sorry real life is giving you troubles.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:08 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

I think we should let alma get the alleged alignment change. It will help town.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:09 am

Post by SlySly »

I am back from my trip and will try to sit down tonight and get an updated vote count as well as getting the replacement search for Vala Mal Doran underway.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Iecerint »

UncertainKitten, regarding my allusion to the UK/SSK/Vaya triumvirate, wrote:Apparently I never asked you this despite meaning to. Are you really calling me scum with the person who would HAVE to be bussing Vaya and claiming a day ability that he'd have to keep up for the rest of the game to live? And that Vaya was COUNTERBUSSING? And calling me scum because I derailed the whole plan? Logically, I don't think this triplet can even EXIST.
You've misunderstood. I'm not postulating that you three are all scum together. For one thing, making that many connections D1 is obscene. Moreover, I don't think it's really feasible, anyway, for the reason you described.

What I meant was: "Given that we are not going to lynch UK or SSK or Vaya, I think Alma is the best choice." You have claimed that you have actionable intelligence that SSK and Vaya may both be town in spite of SSK's claimed 99% confidence interval. I think a claim that extreme merits a reprieve on gambiting the apparent 1/1. If you end up failing to come up with said actionable intelligence D2 or D3 or after Vaya flips or whatever, that will put us in a good position to judge your alignment, too.

I doubt that scum are incapable of messing up SB's ability, whether by roleblocks, bus-drives, redirects, or whatever else. That's why I disagree that we should take a wait-and-see attitude toward Alma.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:18 am

Iec wrote:
You've misunderstood. I'm not postulating that you three are all scum together. For one thing, making that many connections D1 is obscene. Moreover, I don't think it's really feasible, anyway, for the reason you described.
Ok, understood. See, I recalled reading it earlier, thought I had responded asking you what it was about, and checked myself in iso, noticing I hadn't. Thank you for the clarification.
Iec wrote: If you end up failing to come up with said actionable intelligence D2 or D3 or after Vaya flips or whatever, that will put us in a good position to judge your alignment, too.
Quite true ^-^
Iec wrote:
I doubt that scum are incapable of messing up SB's ability, whether by roleblocks, bus-drives, redirects, or whatever else. That's why I disagree that we should take a wait-and-see attitude toward Alma.
Considering at this point I would be removing 33% of our options for lynch, I can actually see your point.

I...could be convinced to join an Alma wagon, but it's not my top preference. I think Josh does indeed need to die soon. Pom...might need to depending on a few things.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:21 am

Post by Iecerint »

Yeah, I definitely don't want to forget about Josh. Availability heuristic fail on my part. :(

I'd dislike Pome more except for her interaction with Alma.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:48 am

Iec wrote:
I'd dislike Pome more except for her interaction with Alma.
I'm thinking about it and actually realize there's no reason to be cautious about my thoughts.

I actually think that they could possibly be scum together given that interaction. Both sides are just kinda "wtf?" to me. And not in a town v. town way. But I really have nothing to substantiate that, just a gut feeling.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:08 am

Post by Iecerint »

The interaction could be better. I'm surprised that Pome would attack Alma without mentioning literally the most obvious scummy thing about him (except to indicate that we should largely ignore it).

I think Pome is unlikely to be scum with Alma, though, on the basis of personal speculation at how she'd play as scum having seen only townPome in Twilight. I'll glance through scumPome games to see if the evidence is there.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:12 am

Iec wrote:
I think Pome is unlikely to be scum with Alma, though, on the basis of personal speculation at how she'd play as scum having seen only townPome in Twilight. I'll glance through scumPome games to see if the evidence is there.
As I said, I'm just guessing. I've won as scum by getting into nasty fights with my scumbuddies, but I know I can't apply personal meta to others.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Glork »

Home, exhausted, procrastinating until tomorrow probably...
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Maybe I missed it because you guys post too much, but, what's the pressure on Pom? I think this is the second time I ask. Iecerint says everything's on page 10, on posts 232, 234 and 246, but I can't find anything there regarding Pom's scuminess.

Iec and UK interchange of posts gave me a town vs town feeling.
Unvote
. I still have my eyes on Iec, though.

@Almaster: Taking into account that the fluff of my role is NOT giving away free distributions of Linux, do you still think my power will work on you?

Vaya's continuous request for more info of my role seems fishy.

I'm getting a good vibe from Almaster, although his claim, upon a second look, looks really a scumclaim. Truth be told, I'd rather lynch him first than try to convert him (I rather lose a townie than create another scum). Almaster, if you are really town, then you wouldn't want me to target you. And thus, I ask again, do you want me to target you tonight?
MafiaSSK wrote:I think we should let alma get the alleged alignment change. It will help town.
Ah, if you hadn't had claimed cop-something, I'd be voting for you now. Do you understand the risks of me performing my power on a town, right?

Vote: Glork
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

SB wrote:I'm getting a good vibe from Almaster, although his claim, upon a second look, looks really a scumclaim. Truth be told, I'd rather lynch him first than try to convert him (I rather lose a townie than create another scum). Almaster, if you are really town, then you wouldn't want me to target you. And thus, I ask again, do you want me to target you tonight?
No.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:39 pm

Post by Iecerint »

SB, the stuff on page 10 isn't a case on Pome; it's the drama where I voted SP. Its only relevance to Pome is that there's a possible Pome/UK connection, but isn't it a bit early to worry about that sort of thing, etc.

The case on Pome is that she is not a very energetic scumhunter.

I suppose you're going somewhere with that Glork vote? It doesn't really seem reflective of your post as a whole. :?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:59 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

An overdue catchup is coming in ~12 hours.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:19 am

Post by Glork »

Beginning reading now. Expect something within the next 90 minutes.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”