Open 184: Friends and Enemies Mafia (Over)

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:39 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Vanilla, you're not losing anything by my death. Taking me to LYLO is impossible, might as well go now. Hope what I said about Kiku rings true tomorrow.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:36 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Meh...I'm assuming you didn't bother to read the last few pages?
FLASH OF GREEN
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:39 am

Post by farside22 »

Shotty to the Body wrote:Good deal, glad to be out of this game. Lynch Kiku tommorrow kthx.
ummmm I think someone is not reading the game here.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:28 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

Shotty: Why do you sign up for a game if you are not reading? I am a mason. You have had plenty of oppurtunity shift focus off of you in the last few pages. Thanks for nothing if you are town.
"Yes, Kiku fucked me thoroughly and left me on the side of the road to be lynched." - Snow White
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:32 am

Post by farside22 »

kikuchiyo wrote:Shotty: Why do you sign up for a game if you are not reading? I am a mason. You have had plenty of oppurtunity shift focus off of you in the last few pages. Thanks for nothing if you are town.
Agree ^
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:52 am

Post by Kise »

Wasn't online yesterday. Not even on youtube, promise.
Ellibereth wrote:I didn't formally get any numbers on Kise's games, but he seems to be far more active when given a town power role...too lazy to go get concrete numbers, maybe later.
No, from September to earlier this month, I've been in flooded with school work, and lurking hard on MS. School wrapped up and I had about a week before christmas. I don't celebrate any kind of special occasion, but I spent time with my family for the most part. Things have settled down so my activity pattern will be drastically different until I get back into school next month.

And how come I'm not as active when I'm a mafia power role? *strokes beard* Better yet, show me where I'm less active as vanilla townie. I prefer if you pick a game of mine before September 17th.

In all my games with saber, I'm surprised he was considerate enough to do a statistical list about lynches/mislynches that were possible. Never played a game where he was anti-town but lining up mason-claims on consecutive days isn't something I'd expect him to do. Daytalking scum could have suggested this in the QT. If he's a mason himself and was just trying to throw everyone off, it's more understandable. Sorta like throwing out an idea for his partners in case he's not around. Pestering hewitt to make a [RVS] vote doesn't help me believing the latter.
IGMEO
whoever replaced him. (will check later)

Kind of off-topic, but Neto and ABR would make great Jesters.

hewitt doesn't look too good, commentary-wise. Yet, I don't think many players with a scum role would flood entire pages like this day 1. I always thought the predictable strategy was to coast through day 1 and avoid attention.

DLA gives me bad vibes. Same with CSL. Not exactly diving into conversations themselves; simply commenting on what others talk about. Not saying they have to get into arguments with others, but have some 1-on-1s, or 1-on-many. Get gangbanged like hewitt if that's what it takes.

FOS:
DLA & CSL, The Abbreviated.

LMFAO @ the mod asking for someone else to do a vote count.

Interesting that Neto earlier said he didn't like saber's attacks on hewitt. Later when it's hewitt-versus-Albert, Neto doesn't hammer and wants questions answered first. He request a deadline extension when hewitt is quite close to a lynch.. I have to wonder what it is he wanted to delay -- More specifically, I'm wondering if he wanted to keep hewitt from being lynched. He later doesn't even vote for either, instead going off to play with Elli'.

HOS:
hewitt

I'll post more if the thread isn't locked.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:24 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

Shotty: Anytime you would like to post some revised suspicions would be appreciated.
"Yes, Kiku fucked me thoroughly and left me on the side of the road to be lynched." - Snow White
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:31 am

Post by Kise »

Ellibereth wrote:I see your avatar and it makes me forgive you.
Ah, it works. ^__^
DarkLightA wrote:Don't overload yourself Kise, better to be active in 1 game than constantly lurking in 5.
I'm good, thanks. I prioritize which game I give attention based on which one I haven't posted in a while. I'm caught up in all but 1 other game that I just replaced into.

{Self-Reminder: 19}

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:09 am

Post by Kise »

Alright so I'm Yarmond & Kittomo; Serial is CSL; Scigatt is saberwolf; Ojajen is Konowa/someone else (yes?)
kikuchiyo wrote:Kise: The main point I am trying to make is that Serial believs both Shotty and myself are scum. His case against me pretty much "requires" Shotty to be scum, while the case he made against Shotty stands fine on its own imo. For some reason, Serial seems reluctant to lynch Shotty. His main reasoning for this as I recall, is that he believes scumkiku is attempting to tie townSerial to scumShotty, and trying to lynch scumShotty to frame townSerial. Its actually a bit convoluted when you think of it, but now I'm off track.

The fact is, it reads as "self preservation" to me. Self preservation is much more of a scumtell than a towntell imo. Granted, roles like "cop" and "doc" are town roles which at times require self preservation type play. But this is an open set-up. There are still two townies out there who can confirm each other. There is no real reason for vanilla townies to act in an overly self preserving manner, especially if they think they have caught scum. If Serial really believes Shotty is scum, then he shouldn't be so hesitant to lynch him. But he is hesitant and he seems to have even had to talk himself into voting me instead of Shotty.
Even if Shotty flips town, I think SC
is scum
with someone else.
SerialClergyman wrote:It's not a policy lynch if he's genuinely scummy. That sort of posting pattern isn't lurking, it's actively not posting. He's probably scum.
Kill me tonight if you want a better chance of surviving tomorrow. I iso'd CSL for shits and giggles and he's as good as claimed scum. Then Albert psychology makes you admit to being partners with Neto. How that was passed off today, I don't know. It won't be overlooked tomorrow.
SerialClergyman wrote:Kise NEEDS to be grilled tomorrow no matter what the shotty flip.

having three separate people flake is much more scummier than one, and it's been for two copmlete days AND the content that we've had has been shocking.
My predecessors look like George Clooney compared to CSL. Get real. Don't think I haven't noticed you're riding my back due to lurking.
SerialClergyman wrote:Albert is town.

I have no idea on hewitt. If I thought ABR was scum, I'd be sure Hewitt was town, but I'm almost certain he's not. The OMGUS is to be expected after an ABR rampage (especially if, as it seems from his post, he didn't quite get what ABR was about). Not the worst lynch in the world, actually. Deserved to have been policy lynched for quoting ABR's entire iso :roll:
We can do better than a policy lynch on hewitt. Don't try to excuse a hewitt-wagon as anything other than justified.
SerialClergyman wrote:Top picks for scum, Shotty, Konowa, Neto.
Top picks for town, ABR, farside.

CSL was bad, not scummy. He's been replaced, get on with the game.
No. He was scummy. And bad, sure. I'm pegging Konowa as a false suspicion... What, because Konowa attacked only a handful of players he's top 3 scum choice? Where was hewitt in this list? Better yet, where is hewitt now?
SerialClergyman wrote:Defeatist =/= scummy. It also isn't similar to when he was defeated as scum and was upbeat, jovially said that they got him and cheered on his team.
CSL did read like defeated scum. He had 3 other players voting for him before his self-vote.
SerialClergyman wrote:Actually, KittyMo replaced that guy who hasn't said a single thing all game and hasn't caught up, apparently. That surely has to be one of the scummiest slots in the game.
No, self-voting is the scummiest thing here. It's even worse when the replacing player (you) gets defeated in a game of mind-chess by Albert.

Oh, look. Neto's coming to SC's aid after Albert ethered him. And, then look right below that! SC is having a casual convo with one of his top 3 scumspects about Albert supposedly joking. I never joke with someone I think is scum.

Just saying

Yet…
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

*is epically surprised that Kise would go with the standard 'CSL woz scum' line*

Honestly, that guy is scum.He should be lynched tomorrow. Shotty scum or not, Kise is no doubt scum.

I'd ask you to re-read the many arguments I've made against the 'Neto was defending you' line, I've never denied it, rather made the obvious point that scum defending a buddy when they or he is about to flip almost certainly has motivations other than trying to save that person, because scum are nothing if not survivalists.

I put the two CSL self-votes side by side in a post, you can SEE the difference in tone, it should be obvious. My defeated comment wasn't made in a vacuum, there was evidence you haven't quoted in order to take a cheap shot.

It was obviously a joke on hewitt, I never seriously suggesting he be policy lynched for quoting albert's posts :roll:

If I could kill you tonight, don't worry, I would. Unfortunately the only time I've ever been given the ability to vig I didn't realise I had it and wasted it, but it would be put to perfect use tonight.

The above is a man who has run out of soft options. kiku is almost certainly a mason, many other people look town and have attracted almost no suspicion, so just pile on with the same tired case. No wonder you haven't bothered posting till after we've already lynched our suspect.
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by farside22 »

Can we please lynch scum eeerrr I mean shotty since he hasn't come back to defend or comment about the fact that Kik claimed mason.
If there was anything town in his last post I failed to notice it.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

farside22 wrote:Can we please lynch scum eeerrr I mean shotty since he hasn't come back to defend or comment about the fact that Kik claimed mason.
If there was anything town in his last post I failed to notice it.
I already hammered.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by farside22 »

Didn't even realize.
Unoffical vote count:

Shotty (6): Kikuchiyo, DarkLightA, SC, Farside, Scigatt, Ellibereth
Kikuchiyo (1): SttB

Not Voting (3): Kise, hewitt, Ojanen
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:25 pm

Don't you guys have anything to say about Kise?
I'm old now.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

SerialClergyman wrote:Don't you guys have anything to say about Kise?
I have a question for you: Do you think it would be to the benefit of the town if you survived to Lylo?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:43 pm

Well, I'm hoping it won't get to that. But yes, I do think it would be of benefit to town if I survived to lylo.

I am the first person to throw my life away if there's a reason for it. I can give you examples where that's happened. My attitude is always team first. However, if I do that it will be on my terms. Every other time I've knowingly been lynched, it's been because I was staunchly advocating who I believed was scum and generally, I'm not bad in my reads.

In this game, that's not true. I would be being lynched because of the way the scum have manipulated the game and because of CSL's terrible play. That is no reason to go down nobly and quietly.

If I was around in lylo, I would be a townie who would make a good choice.

The people who you do NOT want around at lylo are the people who would lynch me because of scum play and CSL play.

Now - I've answered your question but I don't see how it related to kise...
I'm old now.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by Scigatt »

May I ask you all(except kiku & Shotty) to please refrain from posting content in twilight. Almost all of this conversation can be done D3, and I'd hate to give mafia more information just prior to being able to talk it over.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:49 pm

Honestly Scigatt, I get the feeling you're a self-appointed threadcop.

We know exactly what the night kill is almost certainly going to be - what information are you worried about?
I'm old now.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Scigatt »

SerialClergyman wrote:...

Honestly Scigatt, I get the feeling you're a self-appointed threadcop.

We know exactly what the night kill is almost certainly going to be - what information are you worried about?
Whatever the mafia can discuss and manipulate to their advantage. I don't know what or how they would do that, so I think it's best for those likely to last up to D3 to keep their mouths shut. In general I think most content posts in twilight or close to it are more beneficial to scum than town.(If shotty is scum then it won't matter much, but on the off chance he isn't, I'd rather stay silent for now.)
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:30 pm

Rubbish. I'd like thoughts about kise and his catch up post or a tangible reason as to why talking about it may benefit scum from anyone who reads this please. I never like it when people try to
cut off content, especially with non existant reasoning and doubly so when they are as scummy as kise.
I'm old now.
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

Quiet, scum. I agree with Scigatt.

Mod: Where are you?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:15 pm

Then it won't tax you too much to give, you know, a reason.
I'm old now.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Serial, If Shotty flips town and Kise is scum, who is his buddy?
FLASH OF GREEN
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:13 pm

It's hard to draw connections with a player who has barely said anything. It's also hard to speculate when we have shotty's alignment hanging in the balance.

No, I can't give you an answer, I'd just be throwing out a name. Not enough information yet. Lets see what happens with Shotty's flip and we can have a look at how it goes.

Are you going to be govened by the reasonless silence or are you going to be the first to give a genuine reaction on Kise?
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'm having trouble believe shotty town. I put lots of thoughts and who I think is scum if I saw twilight going on and I'm town. His no response and the fact he is saying kik is scum after the claim from kik is just another niche.
If shotty for god knows what reason is town and did nothing like this I would look at oj as I didn't like his vote on kik earlier or his reason's.
kise is just blah with potential scum vibes.

Return to “Completed Open Games”