Goon

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by Devotress »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 10

BloodCovenent
- 2 - Faraday, budja - (L-8)
devotress
- 2 - SerialClergyman, DeathNote - (L-8)
drippinggoofball
- 1 - BloodCovenent - (L-9)
elvis_knits
- 3 - Xylthixlm, Benmage, Seacore - (L-7)
SerialClergyman
- 2 - Cobalt, devotress - (L-8)
Xylthixlm
- 1 - drippinggoofball - (L-9)

Players not voting: chamber, Cruciare, Dramonic, elvis_knits, Farside22, FishytheFish, TonyMontana, Vaya

So whoever Haylen's mafia targeted might have been Driving towards haylen?
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Devotress »

My point still stands, Haylen's mafia was not targetting EK, EK is the cop and couldn't have been the oneway driver.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Devotress wrote:My point still stands, Haylen's mafia was not targetting EK, EK is the cop and couldn't have been the oneway driver.
I'm really daft, can you explain your NK theories slowly, the long way?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by Faraday »

Cobalt wrote:Or haylen was bussed.
Less likely, I think. Town BUSSER would have picked a more scummy target and a scum a more high profile player than haylen I think.

Anyway this NK speculation is stupid, as we really don't know.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

BloodCovenent wrote:^ this. Didn't randomization tests suggest that low draft picks could indeed receive power roles? Was it you Xyl that suggested that in the sign up thread?
No, but a quick calculation says that with random picks people near the bottom of the order still have about a 20% chance of getting a power role. If you can guess what's likely to be picked high it's probably even better.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by Devotress »

Haylen's mafia group had an Empowerer (Haylen). Since EK is a claimed (and not countered) cop, the smart thing to do would have been to night Kill EK, using Haylen's empower to ensure it went through.

One Mafia group Targeted Vi
Cobalt Targeted Devotress(me)
Haylen also died.

Haylen's mafia group did not Target EK, or he would be dead. (waiting on a mod confirmation on whether the empower goes through, I'm not completly sure on if it does or not)
Since EK couldn't have busdriven a kill onto haylen(being the cop), that means that haylen's faction had to have either targeted
1) Someone who busdrove a kill onto Haylen, or
2) Targeted and killed vi.

Either way, Haylens group did not try to kill EK.

Someone please tell me if Im missing a major point here somewhere, but I'm pretty sure EK and Haylen were deffinatly scum buddies.

That said we still shouldn't lynch EK, per what that other person said a few posts ago, she can still catch one of the scum teams.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by Faraday »

4.) What happens if an empowered target is driven?
a.) Empowered targets will always have a successful result. No roleblocking, driving, protection, etc.

driver wouldn't affect their kill so they killed Vi.

It's possible they just left Elvis to be lynched, in fairness and I don't think there's much harm leaving her around anyway.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by Devotress »

Faraday wrote:in fairness and I don't think there's much harm leaving her around anyway.
No yah, I agree we should leave her around, I'm just she's scum and we have to lynch her
eventually
by the endgame. Whoever reminded me earlier that she could still catch her enemy scum team convinced me she shouldn't be lynched.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by Cobalt »

how about we leave elvis alive if she claims her scumpartner?
hatersgonnahate.gif
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Fishythefish wrote:If I was 100% certain elvis was scum, it would be a tough decision.
elvis is scum,
or
she has completely changed her town playstyle to be nothing like her normal town playstyle but exactly like her scum playstyle. One or the other.

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:25 pm

Post by Benmage »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Fishythefish wrote:If I was 100% certain elvis was scum, it would be a tough decision.
elvis is scum,
or
she has completely changed her town playstyle to be nothing like her normal town playstyle but exactly like her scum playstyle. One or the other.
fishy's 786 aint bad...

lets leave her one more night...then lynch her, either she gives us a scum, or we get a 2nd confirmed townie...we'd know we'll have 2 confirmed townies based on her flip at that point...which is damn good.

Plus it leaves another night where scum might do the smart thing and off her.

Again, no doc protects on EK.

unvote
1 more night, max then lynch lynch lynch!
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:26 pm

Post by Benmage »

Oh shit, benmage is having a birthday grats me :lol:
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:50 pm

Post by Budja »

I see no advantage in lynching EK regardless of alignment. We have a resource here who is extremely unlikely to make near endgame and can help us. We lose nothing by keeping her around.
---
Ironically, Devotress makes the most compelling case against EK no far. I like your analysis there.
---
BC fails to convince me at all.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:46 am

Post by Fishythefish »

This may have been said, but Cobalt is almost clear of being mafia with that dead empowerer. To not empower your vig would be madness.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:00 am

Post by Cruciare »

My first post in a while. :P

So apparently something funny happened last night with Cobalt and Devo, a mystery indeed. Haylen was scum (a surprise TBH), will look hard at Plum's wall post when I'm less lazy. Haylen being NK'd is a mystery too. Elvis is still alive (also a mystery), this is a problem. Letting her live is useful, but I want her dead eventually. Not gonna pursue Elvis lynch at this point, just to encourage other scum to kill her (DO IT FAGGOTS).

Xyl is still scummy, moreso with his obsession of lynching the cop. DGB is ... I dunno really, my read on her is blurring, will have to analyse her more closely sometime. Blood is being ugh. Devotress is being more scummy today than she was yesterday. Funny how the people I think are scum all want to lynch each other. I take Elvis' innocent results with a grain of salt, that said I don't have a scum read on Tony. I don't get the Serial hate. I've had this theory since early D1 that Xyl and Elvis are members of opposing scumgroups -- Xyl could be Haylen's scumbuddy (possible distancing as DGB noted), Devo and DGB could be Elvis' scumbuddies (as per Xyl's on-Coug's-but-not-Elvis'-wagon theory), if we take Blood to be Xyl and Haylen's other scumbuddy it all makes somewhat perfect sense. It'd be hilarious if I was actually right.

Will read DGB's posts closer and Plum's wall post before I place my vote. It shouldn't really matter because they're like all scum anyway IMO, but in the event that me and a few other people are wrong the wagon could very quickly careen down the track resulting in the speedlynch of a townie since they're all dying to kill each other. Sure it could result in the speedlynch of scum as well, but speedlynching a townie is easier to achieve because scum have their scumbuddies, except poor Coug of course. I'm also open to being convinced by people who aren't one of the suspected scum (see the DGB vs Xyl 'UR SCUM/NO U' battle a while back).

But equally as importantly, we have another pressing problem here -- the people that I actually forgot were in the game: Farside and Vaya. Holy shit, what have these two people been doing? Increase your presences, please. Or do us a favour and not post for the rest of the day so you can get modkilled thanks (no don't actually do this).
[i]My horse is a motorbike; your argument is invalid.[/i]
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:13 am

Post by Faraday »

Fishythefish wrote:This may have been said, but Cobalt is almost clear of being mafia with that dead empowerer. To not empower your vig would be madness.
Well he's clear of being in that mafia group, almsot certaintly.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:34 am

Post by Benmage »

Faraday wrote:
Fishythefish wrote:This may have been said, but Cobalt is almost clear of being mafia with that dead empowerer. To not empower your vig would be madness.
Well he's clear of being in that mafia group, almsot certaintly.
This.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:35 am

Post by Benmage »

@MOD
Its the week now....ninja a prod out before new years. Its been 9 days since Vaya has posted....there might be other guilty parties too. :shock:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:51 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm really sorry I will do my best to read thru this game today. I hope to be able to keep up. I put too much on my plate but now that I'm dead in one game it should help.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:32 am

Post by farside22 »

Warning long post ho~~~~

Faraday - I don't like when people say I have a town read on someone that has the most votes and finds everyone scummy that voted for that person.
How many scum do you think are in the game and do you honestly believe all scum vote for the same person?
Pomegrante post 199 tries to take herself off the faraday list by mention she unvoted. Not sure how to take that but a quick defense with little said always rings my scumdar.
BloodCovenent post 213: of all the BW votes this by far was the worst.
Seacore post 220: At least someone is making sense on this page
Seacore post 233: I don't like this post. How do you know that scum is jumping on the BW vs town? I will ask the same thing I asked Farady. How many scum are there in the game?
Seacore post 239: Heat on colbat? Where?
cobalt post 252: What do you think of those who use meta to form a case on a player?
budja post 283: Content? none vote and reasoning? None. Person not offering anything remotely helpful in his post Budja
BC post 305: even less content and reasoning found with this guy. Lovely
BC post 312: Aww look someone got his hand caught in the cookie jar and decides to lash out.
xYL POST 318: Xyl becomes the first person I think may be town. (shock)
fishythefish post 342 seriously FOS!! How could you not comment if you know the case to be awful in the first place?!
fishy post 348: FOS and I would vote for you know for blantly lying. I saw your profile and you posted else where but didn't look here? I mean I know I'm busy but don't use the I wasn't here to stop it as an excuse.
Seacore post 357 2 people tell you to ignore the draft and 1 is elvis so you listened?
Benmage post 388: So you have no issue voting for a claimed cop calling EK scum based on a meta reason? FOS!
Cruciare post 401: What about each of those post makes you think scum?
budja post 482: Really Xyl is scummy any paticular reason why?
Benmage post 494: calls out cobalt vote but seriously it's one vote not 5 I don't see this as opportunist at all.. His reasons for voting was wanting to see EK lynched but not why. Meh
Cobalt post 508: Dear god I agree with cobalt.
Devotress post 515: Just went up on my scum list with Budja via this post. Right on girl thanks for that
Budja post 527: Can I just ask how this vote happened? You comment about Ben and Dev but vote for BC with no reason here at all. I mean really? Really?
Faraday: Lets vote the lurker when so much is going on just niggles at me. I understand I'm posting elsewhere but really going for a lurker and not responding to the game as a whole is an opportunist vote with no logic or reasoning IE I see scum motive in that vote.
Post 585 colbat: Where did devotess say such a thing?
Benmage post 594: Seriously you don't want to protect the cop? Are you smoking something and can you share please?
Xyl: post 597 WHAT!!!! WHY AND HOW IS THIS LOGICAL?
Devotress post 702: Why do you think the RB is scum? I mean really why would a town RB stop a cop investigation?
post 778 DBG: I'm surprised at DGB defending devotress just that last post on 702 should have had you questioning his inside info.

In short my scum list is Devotress, Budja and Benmage. I don't really like DGB not noticing the slip from Devtoress on page 702 if she indeed read him in isolation that would be my first question is how do you know if town or scum has the RB ability.
I haven't heard a sound case on EK that didn't have the word meta on it.
I also found fishy trying to get ouf of the I didn't vote for EK but did nothing to stop it defense either.

vote: Devotress
FOS: Budja, Benmage, DBG and Fishy
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:38 am

Post by Cobalt »

cobalt post 252: What do you think of those who use meta to form a case on a player?
meta can't be a case, it can only support a case.
I was joshin'.
hatersgonnahate.gif
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:48 am

Post by farside22 »

Cobalt wrote:
I was joshin'.
I don't believe meta is the end all and be all. That is why I find the EK votes rediculous. I always say if I play with someone I know and they know my town meta then as scum it's easy to act that way so people think I'm town. I don't see why meta is used as a primary case and so far I haven't seen anything to suggest EK as scum that was relavant to her actions in the game.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Cobalt »

Did you see devotress's night action theory?
hatersgonnahate.gif
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:03 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Cruciare wrote:Xyl is still scummy, moreso with his obsession of lynching the
scummiest player
Fixed.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:07 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

farside22 wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
I was joshin'.
I don't believe meta is the end all and be all. That is why I find the EK votes rediculous. I always say if I play with someone I know and they know my town meta then as scum it's easy to act that way so people think I'm town. I don't see why meta is used as a primary case and so far I haven't seen anything to suggest EK as scum that was relavant to her actions in the game.
Let's just say that I have a very good read on EK, because she is
very bad
at playing scum like she does town. She doesn't do obvious scumtells, she just plays completely differently.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”