890: Cults of Darkness and Shadow - Game over!

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by Faraday »

Hmm gonna need to mull over this, I believe we have a town dreamwalker so if no one says anything I'll assume Stark is legit. Also it makes little sense as scum unless he's a scum dreamwalker but even then it'd be a risk to claim and risk counterclaim.

I think if a town dreamwalker protected Semi then they should claim, sure it outs the PR but it also gives us 3 likely town, I think which is certaintly worth it.

On the other hand if no one claims he's probably scum.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by Percy »

Incantation Count

SerialClergyman - 3 (Faraday, Deathsauce, Snow_Bunny)
semioldguy - 3 (Chaco, SerialClergyman, startransmission)

Snow_Bunny - 2 (semioldguy, Heilograph)
startransmission - 1 (Magua)
Chaco - 1 (dramonic)

The Ritual will take only 5 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Monday the 28th of December (site time).

Prods going out tomorrow.

6 Incantations are currently required to complete the Ritual.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Faraday - what are you mulling over exactly?
I'm old now.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by Faraday »

Pretty much what I said in the rest of the post, it was just sort of my thoughts. I think I pretty much agree with you that if we don't get a claim from someone who protected semi then he's scum and should be lynched.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

People, it can't be that hard. SC is scum. Town lynches scum. Votes must be made in order for town to lynch scum.

So, more SC votes, please.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:00 pm

Just seems odd to say that you believe the claim, you think he's scum but you don't see a vote.

Out of curiosity, Snow Bunny, did you happen to miss recent events?
I'm old now.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Oops, it seems I missed the last posts of the previous page.

I'll go with the claim for now. It hasn't been CC (though I can't see how a claim like that can be CC in this game), and if no one claims to have protected SOG, then we'll have something. Hmm... I can see a SC/SOG Shadow team. I had the impression SOG was backing up SC regardless the slip.

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:14 pm

Does SC = me?
I'm old now.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:52 pm

Post by startransmission »

Faraday wrote:Hmm gonna need to mull over this, I believe we have a town dreamwalker so if no one says anything I'll assume Stark is legit. Also it makes little sense as scum unless he's a scum dreamwalker but even then it'd be a risk to claim and risk counterclaim.

I think if a town dreamwalker protected Semi then they should claim, sure it outs the PR but it also gives us 3 likely town, I think which is certaintly worth it.

On the other hand if no one claims he's probably scum.
I think you mean if a town guardian protected semi then they should claim. Eh, if there is a town guardian (and believe me my fingers are crossed) they should not say anything. In fact, I don't know how much I would trust a town guardian claim, there would be no reason to expose yourself to certain death.

And like I said, I can't imagine town protecting semi, because that would mean scum protected town last night, and I can't wrap my head around that.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:29 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

SerialClergyman wrote:Does SC = me?
Well... Do you see another player who can fit in that abbreviation?

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:35 am

Snow Bunny wrote:In conclucion, I believe SC slipped and he's Darkness.
Snow Bunny wrote:Hmm... I can see a SC/SOG Shadow team. I had the impression SOG was backing up SC regardless the slip.
I was just checking to make sure.
I'm old now.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:50 am

Post by Faraday »

SerialClergyman wrote:Just seems odd to say that you believe the claim, you think he's scum but you don't see a vote.

Out of curiosity, Snow Bunny, did you happen to miss recent events?
Believing stark's claim is something I definitely believe but I think it's possible semi had a town guardian used on him and I'd like to make sure before anything else happens.

Stark wrote:And like I said, I can't imagine town protecting semi, because that would mean scum protected town last night, and I can't wrap my head around that.
Why does that have to be the case couldn't Semi be the one that someone tried to kill?

I'd still prefer a town Guardian to claim if they protected Semi though before voting.

Snow_Bunny have you anything to say on the claim...at all?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:15 am

Faraday wrote:Snow_Bunny have you anything to say on the claim...at all?
To be fair to SB:
Snow_Bunny wrote:Oops, it seems I missed the last posts of the previous page.

I'll go with the claim for now. It hasn't been CC (though I can't see how a claim like that can be CC in this game), and if no one claims to have protected SOG, then we'll have something. Hmm... I can see a SC/SOG Shadow team. I had the impression SOG was backing up SC regardless the slip.
I'm old now.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:19 am

Post by Faraday »

Oops I missed that.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by Chaco »

I'm gonna have to go with Start's claim on this, as I was already suspicious of Semi.

And I'd rather not have a Town Guardian outed, not this Early in the game.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:22 pm

Faraday wrote:
Stark wrote:And like I said, I can't imagine town protecting semi, because that would mean scum protected town last night, and I can't wrap my head around that.
Why does that have to be the case couldn't Semi be the one that someone tried to kill?
This is the defense that I expected from Semi. It's entirely possible, I suppose, that I targeted the same person that the town guardian did. But the odds are strongly against that.

Speaking of which, where is Dramonic and Semi? I know it's the holidays, but I saw no VLAs from them.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Heilograph
Heilograph
Goon
Heilograph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:24 pm

Post by Heilograph »

Well this theroy on guardains really changes my thoughts thanks for the info.
Wondering if they will ever make a mafiascum app for iPhone...

I'm a turtle!!
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by Magua »

I am 99.99% that startransmission is a dreamwalker. At this point, I'm willing to say I'm 95% that he's even town. So, time to move my vote:

Unincant: startransmission, Incant: Heilograph

I still think Snow Bunny's argument on SC is bollocks. But I am persuaded by deathsauce's and Faraday's arguments as to SC being the most likely (besides perhaps Discode/Heilograph) to be mipe's partner.

But reading SC's iso post #35, he points out that the scum can daytalk, and rereading the OP, I see this is true. In light of this, mipe's claim absolutely boggles the mind, unless he is partnered with a complete newbie (not seeing one around), or his partner was flaking and not responding to communication. That would fix it onto Discode or datadanne/dramonic. Since datadanne seemed to have little trouble jumping onto the mipe wagon, Discode/Heilograph it is.

Getting back to startransmission: I think it was a bad idea to claim. As far as I can tell, it boils down to two possibilities:

1) semioldguy was protected by a scum guardian. Great! We lynch him. And then our dreamwalker dies. Not really a good trade, in my opinion.

2) semioldguy was protected by a town guardian. Boo! Now we've outted either one or two pr's. Also not a good trade.

I do believe we'll know tomorrow whether there's a town guardian or not, by whether startransmission is dead or not. (I am choosing to ignore the idea that there may be a scum team with a dreamwalker and a guardian.)
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:45 pm

Magua, I assure you I tried to weigh out whether or not now was a good time to claim or not. I've explained my logic already, but a few things...

I do believe that semi was protected by a scum guardian, and like you I doubt that there is a scum dreamwalker. So, if the town guardian keeps their trap shut and believes my claim then I should be good tonight.

Think about the chances that semi would be both protected and investigated by town.

The way I see it the biggest and most dangerous assumption I'm making is that the two scum teams consist of two players a piece. The fact that we nailed mipe yesterday made my decision to out myself much easier.

Proposal--- a dramonic and semi multi-lynch? The way I see it, that may well wipe out an entire cult.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Heilograph
Heilograph
Goon
Heilograph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:51 pm

Post by Heilograph »

1) semioldguy was protected by a scum guardian. Great! We lynch him. And then our dreamwalker dies. Not really a good trade, in my opinion.
Didn't you say that stark was the dreamwalker in the beginning of your post?
Based on what you know, do you believe that he guardain is scum or town in our opinion?
Wondering if they will ever make a mafiascum app for iPhone...

I'm a turtle!!
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:55 pm

Post by Magua »

Heilograph wrote:
Didn't you say that stark was the dreamwalker in the beginning of your post?
Based on what you know, do you believe that he guardain is scum or town in our opinion?
I did say that. But as stated in the OP, roles do not indicate alignment.

As for town or scum for the guardian -- I'm almost positive, based on mipe's d1, that there is a scum guardian(s). However, the existence of scum guardians does not rule out the existence of town guardians, or vice versa. I think it's too early to play "outguess the mod".

semioldguy hasn't tripped my scumdar. I'm willing to believe what startransmission says at this point, but I'm not going to vote semioldguy because of a protection.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:18 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

SerialClergyman wrote:
Snow Bunny wrote:In conclucion, I believe SC slipped and he's Darkness.
Snow Bunny wrote:Hmm... I can see a SC/SOG Shadow team. I had the impression SOG was backing up SC regardless the slip.
I was just checking to make sure.
Oh, then, I think my impression was wrong.

Btw, people saying that my argument is crap because of the unlikeness of Darkness team having three members and a PR, SC's slip doesn't necessarily imply they have a guardian on their own. It can also mean they don't have one, and thus why SC knows the guardian is town.

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:22 am

Post by Faraday »

Magua wrote:I am 99.99% that startransmission is a dreamwalker. At this point, I'm willing to say I'm 95% that he's even town. So, time to move my vote:

Unincant: startransmission, Incant: Heilograph

I still think Snow Bunny's argument on SC is bollocks. But I am persuaded by deathsauce's and Faraday's arguments as to SC being the most likely (besides perhaps Discode/Heilograph) to be mipe's partner.

But reading SC's iso post #35, he points out that the scum can daytalk, and rereading the OP, I see this is true. In light of this, mipe's claim absolutely boggles the mind, unless he is partnered with a complete newbie (not seeing one around), or his partner was flaking and not responding to communication. That would fix it onto Discode or datadanne/dramonic. Since datadanne seemed to have little trouble jumping onto the mipe wagon, Discode/Heilograph it is.
Ya know this is actually a really, really good point. I want to go back and check the time between Mipe saying about being a different role and then claiming but I think this point definitely may be good. BRB CHECKING.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:30 am

Post by Faraday »

Incant Heliograph

Admittedly I didn't find Discode very scummy but I think any competent player (and everyone in this game is competent) would have told Mipe to shut up w/ all the questions and since Discode wasn't around to stop him this seems the most logical conclusion.

I think Night could do a lot to tell us whether we have a town guardian or not, magua makes a good point there thus I'm inclined to see if this will sort itself out for another night (this being the Semi situation)
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:55 am

Post by semioldguy »

Back from V/LA

In light of the claim I believe there to be a town Guardian. I don't think this person should claim. I have a wall of logic for why I think it very unlikely for scum to have been targeted by a guardian and saved from a kill last night.

I don't see how being targeted by a guardian and likely being protected from a night kill makes me more likely scum. Would those on my wagon care to explain this for me?

The way I see it there are three possibilities regarding the claim and last night.

(1) Shadow Cult targeted me to be killed, but it was protected.
(2) Shadow Cult didn't target anyone to be killed.
(3) Shadow Cult targeted someone other than me who was also protected.

I don't see any other possibilities and (1) seems the most likely to me for a variety of reasons.

Now, I am more or less under the assumption that we only have two members per cult, as having three in each would likely be too many for a 12 player game. If Shadow cult targeted me for a kill, then I am not in Shadow Cult. It is also unlikely for me to be in Darkness Cult and to have orchestrated being protected because if they only have one member left there wouldn't be any way for a buddy to protect another member.

Given the circumstances, I don't see how you can come to the conclusion that me being protected last night leads to me being likely cult. If anything, it greatly reduces the chances of that.

Also you don't need to be a dreamwalker to know that someone's alignment has been protected. You'd also know that if you were the guardian or if you were the one who tried to kill someone but were unable to. Though I think Startransmission is most likely town.

I do have one request though. What was your reasoning for targeting me with your dreamwalker ability?
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”