elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:09 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Poro could have been bussing. Although if AGOTI flips scum, Poro probably is town. I don't think he's buss two members of his team like that.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by roflcopter »

mikeburnfire wrote:You are not confirmed town, so stop acting as such. Porochaz has been very helpful in ridding the world of the Rayscum scourge. You have not been nearly as helpful, and you'd have been killed for it had Elvis not stepped in.

Crypto has been back-and-forth off-the-walls, and I still haven't forgotten how Elvis tried to kill me Day 1, only to suddenly go after Pom. I feel much better about Poro than either of them, cop claim withstanding.
hmmm

somebody is upset that all their carefully planned mislynches just got blown up by the cop?

weren't we considering going back to mike when ray suddenly hammered pom on day one?

vote: mikeburnfire
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

@Elvis,
Porochaz put RayFrost at lynch-1 and demanded a claim. I've never seen any scum buss that strongly, at least not so early in the game. Also, his overall gameplay has been very pro-town, making actual cases and not opportunistically jumping from wagon to wagon unlike
some
people. Of course, it's still
possible
for him to be bussing. But I find that scenario to be more unlikely than, say, you faking cop, or being a legit cop but having screwy results.
ROFL wrote:weren't we considering going back to mike when ray suddenly hammered pom on day one?
Who is this 'we'? As I recall, you were too drunk on turkey gravy to post anything worthwhile at the time.

Also, the entire wagon on me had disbanded, so there was no reason for Rayscumpartner to sacrifice himself to save me, as you are implying.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:02 pm

Post by roflcopter »

mikeburnfire is scum. no one but scum tries this desperately to discredit cop results.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:48 am

Post by Porochaz »

Actually, I find it interesting that rofl is making such a big deal out of this.

Ill tell you my position, at the time, you and crypto moved up to neutral and elvis remained unchanged in neutral to town (albeit a bit more town than before). The thing is your protests to mbf are coming off really badly. There is a number of reasons why this could be wrong and I am more confident that its a cop with screwy results than mbf being scum. However this is ridiculous, rofl shouldnt be lynched until we get more information from elvis. MBF is quite obviously town so shouldnt be lynched. Elvis, Crypto etc. so 5 left, AGOTI would be a good call, Tajo wouldnt be terrible considering he isnt playing the game, the two snows, myself.

I would like to here A. why elvis thinks she isnt naive and B. what myko said to her about sanity reveal?

Otherwise, lets get a claim and a defence from the now absent AGOTI.
iamusername watch: 7/8 posts dince last post.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:32 am

Post by roflcopter »

mbf and prozac are scum together and are desperately trying to prevent a situation where they would ever have to bus.

agoti should not claim
soi soi soi

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:53 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

roflcopter wrote:mikeburnfire is scum. no one but scum tries this desperately to discredit cop results.
Who's trying to discredit Elvis? See my list back there? See how, even though you've done nothing townish, you're still up there near the top with Elvis and Crypto? You seem to believe that, once a cop claims, nothing else matters. Sorry, but that isn't the case. Porochaz = More town > you.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:05 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Porochaz wrote:I would like to here A. why elvis thinks she isnt naive and B. what myko said to her about sanity reveal?
She thinks she isn't naive because there's no other cop. And if it's true that she's the only cop, she's likely sane.
elvis wrote:I have not gotten the impression that there are multiple people crumbing results like I have. So if I'm the only cop (which lack of crumbs from other people suggest), I'd say I'm either sane or insane, which make my results useful.
Actually, that quote's a bit of a double-edged sword. I can easily see this coming from a scum-Elvis. "Yeah, I've been looking for cop breadcrumbing, but haven't found any. That's why I decided to fake-claim it". Afterall, if the mafia had a Godfather from the start, then it makes sense that they'd be looking hard for a cop.

I think I'm going to have to bump Elvis below Crypto and ROLF now. Because an Elvis-ROLF scumgroup is starting to look much more possible than I initially thought.

unvote

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:29 am

Post by roflcopter »

lol ridiculous.
its mbf and prozac folks.
soi soi soi

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Porochaz »

I am glad we are that obvious. Looking at other options, you know, like the cop claim not being the best or AGOTI being scum. I mean it just brethes scumminess.

Unlike yourself Your Royal Highness Sir Townie, who has lurked a lot started a wagon on me with no case, tajos iso 27, the self vote and then the vote on the one who led the ray wagon. So forgive me when I say that your scummy, your obviously the most townie person in the game.

[/sarcasm]
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:09 am

Post by elvis_knits »

mikeburnfire wrote:
Porochaz wrote:I would like to here A. why elvis thinks she isnt naive and B. what myko said to her about sanity reveal?
She thinks she isn't naive because there's no other cop. And if it's true that she's the only cop, she's likely sane.
Actually, I would say I am likely sane or insane if I'm the only cop. Because then I'm still useful. Common wisdom is that if there's only one cop, it's prob sane or insane. Although I have played in two mini's recently with only a paranoid cop. So it is possible. People are mixing it up. But I still think the odds are likely that I am sane or insane.

I tend to think I am sane. One reason is that AGOTI and snow bunny could very well be scum. Or you, mbf, with your attempt to discredit me.

The one situation that I think is possible but not VERY likely is that I am insane, rofl and crypto are both scum who decided to buss each other hard today in hopes that one would get lots of town credit. And I know rofl hates playing scum so maybe that's why he voted himself as the sacrifice. IF this is the case, the good thing about this is that if we lynch rofl and he flips scum, we can lynch crypto the next day and they don't get away with the little sacrifice play. I think we should think very hard about lynching rofl tomorrow if AGOTI flips town, and depending on my results from tonight. Like if I get a guilty on someone tonight we should probably lynch that person... although I gues it depends who it is.

mbf wrote:
elvis wrote:I have not gotten the impression that there are multiple people crumbing results like I have. So if I'm the only cop (which lack of crumbs from other people suggest), I'd say I'm either sane or insane, which make my results useful.
Actually, that quote's a bit of a double-edged sword. I can easily see this coming from a scum-Elvis. "Yeah, I've been looking for cop breadcrumbing, but haven't found any. That's why I decided to fake-claim it". Afterall, if the mafia had a Godfather from the start, then it makes sense that they'd be looking hard for a cop.
You are drunk on WIFOM.

I am not that brave at scum, first of all, but I don't expect you to believe that (this is WIFOM too I guess).

If the mafia knew they had a GF, and expected a cop in the game, it would not make sense for any of the mafia to claim cop since they know they'll get counterclaimed. I mean, if a mafia was just sacrificing themselves to draw out the cop, I would not have been the one to do it. I was not under pressure. And with a cop still in the game, drawing out the cop doesn't help because they will get doc protection for sure. Better off to try to guess who the cop is, hope the doc hasn't figured it out, and try to kill the cop.
mbf wrote: I think I'm going to have to bump Elvis below Crypto and ROLF now. Because an Elvis-ROLF scumgroup is starting to look much more possible than I initially thought.

unvote
It is sort of ridiculous that you are now saying I'm scummier than my innocents. If I'm scum, one or both of them is scum, and I claimed to save them. But that's not even going to work since I would probably get counter claimed. And I would have to get the other cop lynched, and when the other cop flips cop, I am screwed, and so is my buddy. It would be a horrible plan for me to fake cop, and not something I could expect to get away with.

At this point, mbf is looking pretty bad.

Attempts to discredit me are lame. It would make no sense for a scum to fake claim cop under no pressure, in a game that probably has a cop in it.

But I have really screwed over the scum at this point, because they probably can't kill me. I will get doc protection if there is a doc, and if there isn't a doc, they won't know it. They have to expect there is a doc and avoid killing me.

And if I'm sane, they can't NK either of my innocents without proving my sanity for me. AH-HA!

So, the scum are fucked at this point. Me, rofl, and crypto all make it to tomorrow morning, and by then I have another result.

(If on the other hand, I am insane, and rofl and crypto are scum, hey, we can think about lynch one of them to find out. With another result from tomorrow, hopefully we can figure out my sanity.)

Basically, the scum are fucked right now whatever my sanity is.

The only thing that could make this situation better form them is an attempt to discredit me, which is what mbf is doing.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:15 am

Post by roflcopter »

part deux of elvis' post is straight bingo and why we need to be lynching mbf today. porochaz is just upset that i'm getting away with sloppy town play and not getting lynched for it now.
soi soi soi

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:51 am

Post by mykonian »

prodded populartajo and a girl on the internet
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:58 am

Post by Porochaz »

Ok. Thinking rationally, AGOTI should be the lynch today. Depending on what happens next we should then decide what to do next. I think going after a cop "confirmed" or someone who was the main driving force in yesterdays lynch is not good and we need to get rid the people who are scummy and not "confirmed" before looking elsewhere.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:05 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Oh, whoops, I forgot! When a cop claims, everybody has to drop everything and play follow-the-cop! We shouldn't be trying to scumhunt! We should just be lynching people at random and letting Elvis guide the entire town. Because there is
NO
way that cop claim could be a lie!

But, in all seriousness, it's perfectly normal to be skeptical of a sudden cop claim. Get pissy if you want, but I'm not going to stop hunting.

Now, I'm not even considering a Naive cop at this point. And the likelihood of Elvis being an insane cop who hit both the remaining scum in a row isn't likely either. I'll have to go back and see if there's a crypto-rolf connection, but I can't recall any off the top of my head.The two most likely possibilities are either (A) Elvis is legit sane cop, and ROLF and Crypto are town or (B) Elvis is a liar scum who is pretending to be cop. In the second scenario, if ROLF is scum, then Elvis is most likely scum too, but if Elvis is scum then that does not necessarily mean that ROLF is scum too.
elvis wrote:If the mafia knew they had a GF, and expected a cop in the game, it would not make sense for any of the mafia to claim cop since they know they'll get counterclaimed.
... but if the mafia somehow realized that a cop didn't exist, then claiming cop is the perfect opportunity to dominate the game.

I have not suggested that we lynch any of the elvis-rolf-crypto trio today. That's just stupid. But that doesn't mean I have to instantly believe that you're all town, either. That's pure naivete. The best course of action is, in my opinion, to lynch somebody who has played poorly (IE AGOTI, snow bunny, tajo) and see what happens during the night. If elvis dies, then we see his sanity. Sane? Clears rolf and crypto. Insane? kill rolf and crypto. If either crypto or rolf dies, then elvis will have another investigation result to give us, and if it's a guilty then we kill 'em. If it's another innocent result then I might have to go after Elvis instead.

Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:05 am

Post by Snow White »

I get what MBF is saying.... Mafia have essentially have a list of innocents bar third parties which in reality are not ilk to come out and say "Hai guise! Im not innocent like Player X suggests, my win condition is to kill you all. :D" i think its fair to question her for this. My first game of mafia concluded with a scum who fakclaimed cop gave us one mafia and continued to fool town by giving them a list of innocent towns. (the SK was dead at that time)

But CONTRARY to that i also would tend to believe Elvis so long as she is unopposed as cop.
If someone else is cop i would ask you to consider CCing. Frankly, i dont see more than a three scumteam. If mafia CC's cop and we misfortunately lynch the actual cop, then we know who to lynch tomorrow and thereby have one scum left.

If Elvis is telling the truth, we also have two confirmed innocents.

If she is scum it's likely she's bussing a partner but for me, the first explanation is the most plausible. But i dont think MBF is the right choice. But like Ray i could be wrong.

Make up your own minds on the matter but AGOTI's absence is absymal since AGOTI's alt is participating elsewhere then we either need a prod or a lynch. We need people who are on some level contributing and provide some level of reasons for their actions. (kettle black i know:?) Same vice on SB imho. Sorry Snow_Bunny. :(
I like ignorant people.
Cause they dont talk to me, and i dont wanna be talked to.
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:08 am

Post by Snow White »

Damn MBF beating me to the punch. :lol:

I miss what you are saying about the mafia miraculously knowing there is no cop however MBF :?
I like ignorant people.
Cause they dont talk to me, and i dont wanna be talked to.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:16 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Excuse me. Elvis is a she, and ROLF = ROFL.

@ Snow White:
I didn't think about it until I saw that quote from elvisknits saying that she was looking for cop tells. If she's scum who's been trying to search for cop tells and never found any, she may be taking advantage of it.

a girl on the internet
a girl on the internet
Townie
a girl on the internet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by a girl on the internet »

geez, elvis, couldn't you have claimed before i started analyzin everything thinkin rofl was scum? now all my reads have been all thrown off again!

snow white's still town though. that is the unmoving eye of the storm. scum would never get so bugged about people callin them town.
Porochaz wrote: iamausername watch: 4 posts yesterday
2 posts today
Porochaz wrote:iamusername watch: 7/8 posts dince last post.
hey everybody, check the timestamps, i (or my alter ego) did not make a single post in between these two counts. prozac is pretty much resorting to lying about my activity to try to rush through this lynch. like, technically, both posts are true, but the way he phrased them totally makes it look like i've made more posts from one to the next, and no way is that accidental.

merry xmas, one and all!

unvote, vote prozac
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Porochaz »

a girl on the internet wrote:geez, elvis, couldn't you have claimed before i started analyzin everything thinkin rofl was scum? now all my reads have been all thrown off again!

snow white's still town though. that is the unmoving eye of the storm. scum would never get so bugged about people callin them town.
Porochaz wrote: iamausername watch: 4 posts yesterday
2 posts today
Porochaz wrote:iamusername watch: 7/8 posts dince last post.
hey everybody, check the timestamps, i (or my alter ego) did not make a single post in between these two counts. prozac is pretty much resorting to lying about my activity to try to rush through this lynch. like, technically, both posts are true, but the way he phrased them totally makes it look like i've made more posts from one to the next, and no way is that accidental.

merry xmas, one and all!

unvote, vote prozac
like technically both posts are true if you presume in my second post Im talking about you rather than me.

Also by the way how can I be "resorting to lying" if "like, technically, both posts are true".

Also

BZZZZT WRONG ANSWER!!!

Claim or defence or both even. kthanksbai.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Porochaz »

However you have 1 point, however small. You did not have any more posts between those two posts and that I added 2. This was a mistake on my part, I took all your 21st posts the second time when you posted those before the timestamp. However having said that you made more posts the day after and the day after that despite there being a case and a building wagon on you. You refuse to answer my case. You havent claimed and your at L-1 and your voting for me in yet another mix of OMGUS and 1 small point that really doesnt stand especially in this stage of the game.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by roflcopter »

mike wrote:But, in all seriousness, it's perfectly normal to be skeptical of a sudden cop claim. Get pissy if you want, but I'm not going to stop hunting.
you have stopped hunting though, because everything you've done since the claim has been devoted to undermining the claim in some way, not scum hunting.

seriously,
only scum have a reason to try so hard to discredit a claimed cop with two living innocents
because it is one of the WORST THINGS THAT CAN HAPPEN TO THE SCUM

now can we please get this mikeburnfire lynch going?
soi soi soi

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by Porochaz »

MBF lynch is ridiculous. Stop pushing it. There is 4 players in the game who are not cop confirmed and are scummier than he is. Lynching one of them is the optimal play. Lynching the person who led the ray wagon is really really stupid at this time when we have other options.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by roflcopter »

mbf and prozac are scum together. they are desperate for both of them to survive. it is blatantly obvious.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by roflcopter »

prozac, why is what i have said about mbf's actions re: cop not applicable? why are the four other players scummier than he is? you are making statements without any sort of backup.
soi soi soi

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”