Open 175 - Picking Simplicity (Game Over)

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:50 pm

Post by Amished »

Within them, to that distance. Yes, I've seen bussing, but it's not exactly sold that there's gonna be a lynch (from just general feel of comments lately about worrying about deadline) and even if there was; I'd expect more people (scum) to be all gung ho, building cases so they look better after the inevitable lynch. Obviously there's distancing between scumgroups (in the case of 2 of them, which there isn't here) as they're scumhunting, but only for other scum (read: Tarhalindur's selective scumhunting, which I've been guilty of as scum (read Mafia 92)

@Nik: why the hell would you read that cluster.... crap of a game? I don't think anybody played well there. Least of all me, especially since I had to be replaced and Raiv tunneled on me pretty damn badly. The only positive I saw was me thinking Scien was scum and camn was town... Other than that, my case against Cojin was bad (since he was town), and Raivann/me distracted the town way too much while we were alive. Seriously, why would you read that game? I consider that my 2nd worst game ever.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by Amished »

Spyrex: Obviously you disagree with the Coug wagon. Why?

No, my name is not "Ed."
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:57 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Amished wrote:(in the case of 2 of them, which there isn't here)
Well, there's two scum factions, which is pretty much the same thing mechanics-wise.
Amished wrote:@Nik: why the hell would you read that cluster.... crap of a game?
I was laughing at Cojin, my rl friend, the whole way through that game. :D
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:01 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Spyrex: Obviously you disagree with the Coug wagon. Why?
Part of it is the conjecture that has led to it.

Part of it is the fact that so many jump-ons have been "me too" jumps because of said conjecture.

Part of it is the fact that team SC's are still up there in my most town reads thus far.

Part of it is the others that lept because a deadline was looming.

So, yea. I'm not down with that clown.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Happy S-day Amished!
C=
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:09 pm

Post by Amished »

@Nik: Thanks. Yeah, Cojin had links to another pro-town player (woops) in that game =\

@Spyrex: Which votes do you read as especially scummy?

No, my name is not "Ed."
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:25 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I really don't like Krer's. I'm not a fan of the replacement vote OR yabba. Iguana's is a bit iffy but I can dig. SC, the perpetrator still rings town.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:29 pm

Post by Nikanor »

What about mine, SpyreX? Forgive me if I make you repeat yourself, but you're here anyway.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:31 pm

Post by SpyreX »

You absolutely confuse me this game.

That vote is so....wagony I can't even pretend to grasp it.

I have to assume there are SOME people on the wagon and once you got past weeee today I've liked your play again so.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:58 am

Post by Amished »

So is Krer your top suspect Spyre? I assume so since your vote is on him. If so, who's your #2?

No, my name is not "Ed."
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:30 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I'm not sure how Heli can reason a vote on Strange so quickly, that's a little mind blowing.
Nikanor Post 1149 wrote:
Sotty wrote:I'm a little surprised that there isn't more discussion since the deadline was pushed back. I know xmas is coming up and all, but lets not let the extra time go to waste by simply waiting for the replacements to catch up.
Wow Sotty is just so pro-town; she wants us to use all our time to the best of our ability! I simply don't know what to do, Sotty is so town for making this comment!
(If you didn't catch the sarcasm, I'm saying this comment by Sotty is scummy).
Well when I and the others replaced in there was little to no reaction or posts from anyone felt like I was reading a game with a bunch of people who were a sleep or something. Felt like that people just wanted to settle with the deadline scramble for Stranger rather than argue their number ones. Since then though people have been posting so I'm some what happy even if it gives me more to read in the long run.

I was going to try and knock though day two today but it is another 20+ pages and I don't have all that much time, so for now I am going to read though today so I can be some what up to speed as I take my time though day two.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:18 am

Post by Amished »

@Sotty: Yeah, but is it a scum looking for an easy lynch at deadline on a townie, a scum trying to look good by bussing his partner, or a townie that just read up and thought he was scummy for a stupid (which is what it looks like) reason? All three are valid. Oh, or SK just up for the lynch of anybody?

I just realized that you all just got invaded by Minnesotans :o

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:27 am

Post by Amished »

@Serial: Which players have you played with before?

No, my name is not "Ed."
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:35 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Amished Post 1161 wrote:@Sotty: Yeah, but is it a scum looking for an easy lynch at deadline on a townie, a scum trying to look good by bussing his partner, or a townie that just read up and thought he was scummy for a stupid (which is what it looks like) reason? All three are valid. Oh, or SK just up for the lynch of anybody?
Good point. He did replace H_H who I liked when he was posting during day one but..ugh. I just don't think he has read any significant portion of the game having just replaced in and yet he is willing to hop on the current wagon leader? Can't even use the deadline as an excuse seeing as it just got extended. The vote just feels icky.

In other news, day three much more fun to read than day one.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:29 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Okay so day three. Making notes as I go

Iguana starts it off pretty bad. Her first post of the day is all about how Toro (now me) is probably scum but then votes Yabba with no reasoning. I am hoping that I will find some traces of reasoning in day two but still some explanation would have been nice.

Don't like the whole speculation about the night kill flavor thing that came after this. I don't think discussing this actually helps us
find
scum.

Serial's BALLS OUT MAFIA post looks really good to me. I will have to review Stranger myself before I know how good, but the whole tone gave me warm townie feelings. The only strange thing was there was no vote in this post. Why not?

Hmm Grimmy doesn't like it. I wonder why, hopefully he comes back to this.

Are Spy and Kreriov both SK hunting? (Posts 1017,1018, 1019)
Col.Cathart Post 1020 wrote:And the main observation is: I still cannot understand that SK kill. During D2, Clergyman (at least I think it was him), pointed out, that SK will be more likely to hunt for mafia during the night. This is a good point, so I read the thread to see, if anyone was really against MSH. And... I'm still nowhere. Scoug voted for him, but quickly retracted, as he realized his reasons weren't really good. Spyrex was voting for MSH... Because he thought, Michel was the SK. D'oh. Also MSH had an argument with Yabba, but that was more Michel attacking Yabba, not otherwise.

So yeah, this trail is dead, unfortunately. As soon as I'll catch up with my other games, I'll try to read those walls from Michel to see something more than pointless discussions with Spyrex.
So you are thinking that the SK is looking for the mafia? So why is the trail dead with Spy here? Do you not think he could be the SK that killed MS? I am not 100% on your thought process here unless you are only looking for the mafia.

I can't hate on your vote for Hohum though. I found Pom to be very scummy on day one and was surprised when several players said the case on her was weak (Zwet and skitzer I think off the top of my head.) She repeatedly refused to answer a simple question Flave asked her. Her votes on Nik and CC were hella weak and seemed to back down really easy after slight pressure. However you simply say “Bottom line: Pom's behavior screams 'scum!' to me.” What behavior? Why is it scummy? Elaboration please.

More night kill spec. How is this helping? <3 Grimmy's post 1029

Another Serial post on Stranger. Still no vote though.

Then comes some actual scum hunting from the Col. I don't think Nikanor is scummy here though, I do understand and like the pressure he is put under.

Yabba comments that Serial is pushing a fast day with his case on Stranger. I don't think anyone realizes that Serial still hasn't voted yet. This makes Serial's next post all the more strange.
SerialClergyman Post 1058 wrote:I'm also not trying to speed up the day, I'm trying to get some actual wagons going on some actually scummy people, not these irritating policy lynches that have had over 1/3 of the players in the game killed so far with zero result for the town.
SerialClergyman Post 1058 wrote:Grimmy, do you regularly say who you intent to vote but then not vote them for a couple of days?
Col.Cathart Post 1063 wrote:
Nikanor wrote:Why are you voting me now, then, instead of hohum? What changed? Is it really that one 'wheeee' post that makes the difference between myself being scummier than Pom to you?
Uh... I said it already. Vote on Hohum is a dead vote, as long as people will not even acknowledge his existence in this game... You're not scummier than Pom/Hohum, but at this point voting for him makes no sense, so I'm voting you.
So... Wagon then I guess.

Do you think Hohum and Nik are possible scum buddies? Is Nik your number two target? (Assuming that Hohum is your number one)
Iguana Post wrote:and I got to go for now. Im going to be busy for the next few weeks but I should be able to finish this by mid-week
*Eyebrow*

Kreriov's attacks on Nik are poor. I missed the two SC's in his vote post but once it was pointed out it was pretty clear he was agreeing with the case. What else could he have meant?

Skitzer's vote ignores a lot of the other players non-contributions like Stranger and Iguana. Why Nik over these two?

Hmm, Serial finally votes Stranger. Nothing in post 1099 makes me think that Serial forgot to lay his vote down so the question becomes why? Serial, why were you pushing Stranger's wagon without fully committing to it yourself? You even convinced Nik to jump on the wagon that you weren't even driving. Hell it wasn't even a wagon at that point because no one was on it. It doesn't add up.

Surprise, surprise Iguana hops on Stranger's wagon here. Kreriov, what's your opinion of this hop?
Iguana Post 1122 wrote:
yabbaguy wrote:@Iguana:
I would still love to lynch Toro, but cant word that safely
What does this mean?
Even if I find my reasoning, I dont think I can swing it in time, and actually have a better chance of stopping any lynch from happening. Im convinced its the right lynch, but im also convinced its just not happening.
The thing is, you never even
tried
. Not once. And now you are sheeping.

Okay, now I have all of day three up to now and my thoughts are kinda all over the place.

Serial's pushing of Stranger is off when you realize he wasn't actually voting until right at the end. A comment was made by Yabba about Serial pushing a fast paced day but he really wasn't. The only thing that makes sense to me about all that right now is the old, scum-doesn't-truly-believe-his-own-case syndrome. I need to look into his actual Stranger case but his words and actions don't add up here.

Iguana is lurking badly and needs to shape up. If she really does have a gut read on Torro/me she needs to actually do something about it. Her lack of a vote or anything is ridiculous considering how easily she voted Yabba and then Stranger. Her sheeping is scummy.

Feeling Grimmy, Yabba town and
maybe
Col too I keep changing my mind on him. Col and Grimmy do need to post more though. Skitzer needs to comment on people that aren't Nik. Spy's constant talk about the night kill flavors and people getting them mixed up makes me think he has inside info on that matter. Kreriov is being hypocritical by not being on Iguana's case for her hop on the Stranger wagon.

I still very much need to read day two if just to see the apparent SK hunting by Spy, the wagon on Saber that resulted in Serial hammering someone he thought was town and the scummy stuff Stranger did.

Lots of things to sort though, but this is where I am at currently. Serial and Iguana are my one and two followed by Amished, Spy and Kreriov in a three way for 3rd place. Amished is simply in there because of Day one Pom actions.
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:53 am

Post by Iguana »

Sotty7 wrote:Iguana starts it off pretty bad. Her first post of the day is all about how Toro (now me) is probably scum but then votes Yabba with no reasoning. I am hoping that I will find some traces of reasoning in day two but still some explanation would have been nice.
I am sure enough that Serial/WW is town almost to the point where I would fake an innocent on him in a closed game where I knew there wasnt a cop. Town reads from me are deadly accurate. This is a town read.

I would never vote him without a cop investiation on him, no lynch is better then that lynch.
Iguana Post 1122 wrote:
yabbaguy wrote:@Iguana:
I would still love to lynch Toro, but cant word that safely
What does this mean?
Even if I find my reasoning, I dont think I can swing it in time, and actually have a better chance of stopping any lynch from happening. Im convinced its the right lynch, but im also convinced its just not happening.
The thing is, you never even
tried
. Not once. And now you are sheeping.
Mentally I tried but never pulled it off. Im starting to think I can articulate it, but it would pull people off the SCoug wagon, and I dont think enough people would post by deadline to make it a successful lynch. Assuming im alive, tomorrow I will put my reasoning first post since no doubt I will have time.

Iguana is lurking badly and needs to shape up. If she really does have a gut read on Torro/me she needs to actually do something about it. Her lack of a vote or anything is ridiculous considering how easily she voted Yabba and then Stranger. Her sheeping is scummy.
Gut is a real problem to explain for me, and attempts end up making me look stupid, or just distracting people. Yabba is a fine lynch, SCoug is a decent lynch. A game that is all leaders will never go anywhere, it takes a big enough person to admit that someone else has a better case and to agree with it.

Also I was sheeping yabba? As far as I can tell it was just SCoug, and Saber but he was a dick and deserved the site ban he got.
Sheep in wolves clothing
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Sotty - you think I'm your number one scum suspect because I wasn't voting him?

In response to your criticism, I can only say that at the start of the day I deliberately didn't vote him because I wanted to see if he'd come after me when I saw I wasn't NKed. You can see my reasoning for that when you see my theory on why who killed who is important.

But aside from that, I just hadn't gotten around to voting him. Did you think that I wouldn't be linked to a SCoug lynch? Despite pushing it for two full days? Was my plan to say 'But I didn't even vote him!' when he townflipped?

That conclusion is utterly bizarre.

Why the fuck does everyone think I'm town? People NEVER think I'm town. *looks gift horse in mouth*
I'm old now.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

I understand gut, we all have it as players. Being able to translate your gut into actual words is something we all need to do.

I have read about the Saber ban and also know of a few games that needed replacements because he made an alt to get around said ban. So I do agree with your dick assessment of Saber.

That said, you half assed tried to explain your Yabba vote and gave a lurker condition at the bottom of your post as you did it. I can almost understand the whole deadline scramble but we've been given an extra week, are you still happy with your Stranger vote? Who is your number one right now?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Sorry the above post was directed at Iguana.

Serial, it was just really freaking weird. All of your posts on him though the day today seemed to come from a player who was happy with his vote and wanted people to join him. Yet you weren't voting. These actions don't add up.

You made a seemingly strong case
You pushed this case
You tried to rally the town
And yet you didn't vote yourself.

And of course you were going to be connected to the lynch if you voted for him or didn't, I just feel like you were trying to convince
yourself
if anything. My problem with you has nothing to do with you avoiding the town's eye after a hypo town flip of Stranger, but everything to do with you not believing your own case.

There is a big key missing in all this for me however, I need to read day two and see if your wait and see voting explanation is actually valid. Right now I just don't see how that works.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:34 pm

Look, I can only shrug. If you find it scummy, you find it scummy. You've seen me play as scum, and I imagine based on that game it's not a meta point.

So if you find it scummy good luck to you, I suppose.

What did you actually think about the case?
I'm old now.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Like I said at the start the case looked good, also I read up on the link you posted to the case you made on day two and that also seemed good at face value. I barely remember foilist13 from my day one read and Zazie was his normal lurky self.

Yes you are my number one at this moment because I can't understand
why
you weren't voting. But I also realize I am missing a big chunk of info when it comes to you and Stranger. Hence no vote from me yet.

And you are right, it's not a meta point.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:43 pm

Zazie was his normal lurky self.
a)
his
her
b) wut??
I'm old now.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

1] Zazie is a guy
2] During day one all he posted was promises of posts. Which in my experience is normal play for him. He lurks a lot.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:10 pm

Zazie used to be incredibly active and a girl. See webcomic wars and emerald mafia in my wiki. I'm 98% sure that despite the gender symbol she remains female, the activity is wierd though. If I wasn't on my phone I'd go meta her.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:14 pm

I did anyway. See the average of over 14 posts per day and recent play like in this game http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=
I'm old now.

Return to “Completed Open Games”