MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:17 pm

Post by MordyS »

I mean, how long would it have taken him to explain the inconsistently in his position on Sociopath (first opinion: lynch him BEFORE AlmasterGM or foilist13, second opinion after wagon started: Don't lynch him, you're crazy!)? What? Like three lines explaining himself? How complicated could it be? Instead he wrote another 400 words saying how he'd like to push off his explanation longer. He could've written 100 words explaining himself instead.
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by Sanjay »

I was starting to get a real good feel for a foilist13-archaebob scumteam especially after MordyS posted that inconsistency and archaebob was stalling answering it. I was more than happy to rush things along.

I didn't doubt he was legitimately busy, but his reasons for stalling (that he needed to write a big wall post) seemed off. He didn't need a big wall post. He just needed to explain that thing.

Also, even if archaebob was town, I really didn't see what use we'd have for a gigantic wall of words explaining exactly why it was that I was scum.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by foilist13 »

It was about Mordy. It wasn't a defense, it was an attack. Read the post quoted.

@Sanjay - Fine. I retract what I said about Cruelty, and I will refrain from defending him at all in the future, or anyone else.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by MordyS »

It wasn't an attack. "Right now, I'm the dead-line lynch, so you have no reason not to give me a day to defend myself properly."

MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by MordyS »

EBWOP: When I read that, in light of his constant deferrals, it sounded to me like scum scrambling. The truth takes a second, a lie takes awhile. If he wanted to defend himself, it shouldn't have taken very long. (Your quotes contradict each other? "I made a mistake." -- that's all it takes if you're town.)

cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:53 pm

Post by cruelty »

cruelty wrote:I don't think it was particularly intelligent but I'm willing to let Mordy play himself into a hole (or to make himself a hero)

At that point I had a null read on you, I appreciated your arguments (particularly the lurker-voting contradiction) but you were making me a little uneasy (gut) - I figured that the outcome of the battle the two of you had engaged in would basically expose your (both of you) alignment. Turns out that peanut hit scum with his investigation and you managed to climb out of your hole in the background.

I am aware I have more questions pending, I'll try to answer more later tonight, gonna watch some tv and relax a bit right now.
the nexus of the crisis
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:51 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Sanjay wrote:I do want to hear more from Papa Zeets and PhaerieM.
I know, and I'm sorry. I'm burned out on Mafia. What do you want to hear from me exactly?

We shouldn't no-lynch, we should try to win the game today and save the no-lynch for tomorrow if we need it.

cruelty, when you get back, can you tell me why foilist is scum?
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:04 am

Post by Sanjay »

You know, just the usual stuff.

What you think about things.

How you are doing.

A confession if you are scum.

That sort of thing.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:23 am

Post by MordyS »

Well, Papa Zito, if you've found scum, you could make a short case and place a vote? That would kinda be helpful. :P

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:59 am

Post by Papa Zito »

K. Let me do it this way.

lexprod
Papa Zito - obvscum
foilist13 - I'm really bugged by the MordyS vote because I just don't see it. I should have asked for a case here and forgot.
@Foilist - Case on MordyS please?

MordyS - So I still think MordyS is totally town. It seems like we've been in sync all game and I can easily see the things he says coming from a townie perspective.
afatchic
PhaerieM - Absent? I still can't see how she's scum with the absolute glee she had lynching Sociopath.
Chinaman
Sanjay - I'm a little more murky here. I need to review Sanjay. I've been reading his comics tho, good stuff.
cruelty - I haven't made a secret of my opinion of cruelty. I'd like an answer to my outstanding question here.

If I wanted to vote now I'd vote cruelty, but I don't see any point in rushing the day along. I can't see us having more than one scum left, so I'd rather we took our time and got this right.
Kappa
Just Monika
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:00 am

Post by MordyS »

Sanjay has comics?

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:03 am

Post by Papa Zito »

MordyS wrote:Sanjay has comics?
XD

I'll reread Sanjay tonight. Probably Foilist too. They're the ones I feel somewhat iffy about.
Kappa
Just Monika
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:16 am

Post by MordyS »

cruelty wrote:I think you need to be cross-examined for the bob lynch, I agreed with several points you brought up against him but ultimately you aggressively mislynched.
Do you believe that aggressive mislynches are scumtells?

PhaerieM
PhaerieM
Goon
PhaerieM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by PhaerieM »

Sorry you guys, I've had a lot of pre-christmas stuff going on, & haven't had a chance to devote much time to rereading. Hopefully tomorrow won't be so crazy.

I'm pretty positive cruelty will be the lynch for the day. There is no one else who looks scummier to more people. I'm content with that, but I don't want to rush lynch either, & hope we don't end the day *too* quickly. I think we should go with who we want lynched today, & then "no lynch" tomorrow i we're wrong. Today we have a clear-cut suspect, there's no reason not to go after him. Tomorrow (if there is a tomorrow) will be a lot less clear, and we're going to need scum-help to narrow it down! I guess it doesn't really matter either way we do it (lynch cruelty, then no lynch, or no lynch, get a NK, lynch cruelty), but that's the way I'd prefer I guess.

Oh, and I'm not trying to be absent, but I do have a lot going on at the moment & also, you guys think someone's absent if they haven't posted in 24 hours. I'm definitely still getting used to that :-P
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Papa - I'm not ready to post a case yet. Things have changed rapidly since day 2, and Cruelty's flip is going to make a huge difference.

I think right now that is the most important information to be had, and even though I personally think Mordy is more likely to be the next scum, Cruelty is a close second. With that in mind,
unvote, Vote:Cruelty
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:08 pm

Post by Sanjay »

What?
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:29 pm

Post by MordyS »

If foilist13 turns out to be town at the end of this game, can we take turns beating him with pillow cases full of soap?

cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:30 pm

Post by cruelty »

PZ wrote: cruelty, when you get back, can you tell me why foilist is scum?
foilist wrote: I think right now that is the most important information to be had, and even though I personally think Mordy is more likely to be the next scum, Cruelty is a close second. With that in mind, unvote, Vote:Cruelty
Mordy wrote:Do you believe that aggressive mislynches are scumtells?
Nope. Think they deserve to be questioned, though.
the nexus of the crisis
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:38 pm

Post by MordyS »

Then ask. What's the question?

cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:45 pm

Post by cruelty »

I will when I have time to go over everything. Don't at the moment, hopefully after Christmas.
the nexus of the crisis
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:54 pm

Post by MordyS »

So, here's my read from cruelty: He sounds like defeated scum, ie: scum who knows it's game over and can barely bring themselves to defend themselves. He claimed early, he seems almost exhausted at being interrogated, and there's no fire to his defenses. Simultaneously, tho, he's asking a lot of lazy questions and not following up on any of them. I should be questioned because I quicklynched archaebob -- but he doesn't actually have any questions on hand. Papa Zito should be interrogated because he's lurky, but cruelty isn't actually going to push it himself. Foilist13 should be questioned because he's a loose handle, and even if I agree on this point, cruelty still isn't doing any questioning. It could possibly be that he's defeated town, but after Sanjay's pep-talk (if you're town, look alive), he still doesn't look very alive.

So I guess we can wait until after Christmas when he has the time to devote to the game. I'm not the hammer vote so it's not my decision anyway. But he strikes me as very scummy. (Particularly because of the lazy raising of cases without actually pursuing any.) Like, at one point he attacked foilist13 for not bringing his A+ game to the thread, but didn't actually bother explaining why that's scummy and not poor town play. Etc.

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:56 am

Post by Papa Zito »

foilist13 wrote:@Papa - I'm not ready to post a case yet. Things have changed rapidly since day 2, and Cruelty's flip is going to make a huge difference.

I think right now that is the most important information to be had, and even though I personally think Mordy is more likely to be the next scum, Cruelty is a close second. With that in mind,
unvote, Vote:Cruelty
Wow. This post is just terribad.

Mordy, if you think people should be questioned, why not start doing it?

I got sucked into PS3 last night and didn't do my iso reads. I suck. I'll do it today fo sho.
Kappa
Just Monika
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:13 am

Post by cruelty »

I'm not lazy scum, I'm super frustrated town.

I'm too tired after work to care much about this game at the moment (I work retail, it's exhausting this time of year) so gimme 3-4 days and I'll try to get back into it.

Also, I fail to see why I have to be central to the town's activities here. You DO deserve to be questioned - someone else should be able to pick up the ball and run with it. For some reason I seem to be expected to defend myself and do the majority of the scumhunting at the same time (because you gimps are either SO convinced of my guilt that you can't even see anyone else as being scum or you're horribly apathetic) which just isn't going to happen right now.
the nexus of the crisis
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Sanjay »

Take your time, we've got plenty of it.

But the reason you need to do the questioning is because you called for it. You can't just say "okay, I'm gonna question this guy" and do it. You have to have questions. I don't have any for MordyS right now.

foilist13: Could you compare your MordyS case and your cruelty case for me? From what you've said about both of them it seems like there is much more stuff you find compelling about cruelty than you find about MordyS. Why do you think the MordyS case is more compelling in general?
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:18 am

Post by MordyS »

Papa Zito, I've questioned the person I find scummy. I question foilist13 all the time, too, but he kinda has a hard time understanding my questions so idk.

V/LA till my computer comes back from the shop (should be a few days at the least -- I'll check in from my iPhone)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”