Mini 885 - Boom, Game Gutshot/Abandoned by Mod!

Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:31 am

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

Humble Poirot wrote:
Evilgorillaz wrote: @Humble
I'm confused now. Are you are finding people scummy based on how much emotion they show while advocating a policy lynch?
Wait... WHAT? no... way... you get that from my actions...

Where did I advocate a policy lynch?
On another note. Emotion and the way in which people act & react can be telling, yes.
Not saying you advocated policy lynch. I'm talking about how you react to those advocating policy lynches (e.g. hito).
Humble Poirot wrote: 1 scum in a 4 people waggon? Wow... what are the odds?
Well I kind of think confid/arafan are the ones likely to be scum, but confid has disappeared so I'm sorta waiting on his replacement.
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by 5cvm »

confid/arafan are the ones likely to be scum
Fairly decent choices.
Cases are overrated. Point to something blatantly scummy and insist that people are idiots if they don't see it and agree that the perpetrator is scum. ~Vi
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:43 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

TheButtonmen 362 wrote:
hitogoroshi wrote:5cvm is anti-town.
How? You keep saying this without backing it up.
hitogoroshi wrote: I don't think you guys realize that we are never going to get a scum read on 5cvm, because he is never going to offer more information than he is now.
Why can't we get a read on 5cvm? You keep bashing away with the idea that he's antitown and unreadable, again without supporting your statement.
I don't back it up because it is really, really obvious. Quite frankly the burden of proof is on you if you want to suggest at all that 5cvm is helpful in any way, or that he will ever act differently than he is now (which is what is necessary to get a read - doing the same thing all game is something any scumbag could pull.)
ChiboSempai 366 wrote:5cvm is acting so out there you can't tell if he's town or scum yet. At this point it would be better if we scumhunt elsewhere and lynch someone else. You can't get a legit scum read on 5cvm which makes him not a safe target for D1 (D2+ could be a whole other story).

Also, he's not really being anti-town. Sure he's not helping us, but not helping us =/= hurting us so to say. As a metaphor, he's not doing a "bad job," he's just not working at all really.
Why is not getting a scum read make him not a safe target for D1? He's the SAFEST target for d1, because I'll be more certain on my scum reads D2 but it's not like 5cvm will manage to post less nothing than he already is.

And if he's not helping us, a.) he's wasting a player slot and b.) he's clearly not playing to the towns best interest, thus, anti-town.
Humble 370 wrote:hitogoroshi... We WONT GET INFO from lynching 5cvm. It would be useful ONLY if he was scum. And he is not. I can read that much from his behaviour. He wouldn't be bold enough to pull such a stunt if scum. I'm sure.
That is a really really stupid thing to be sure of. Are you stating, right now, that you are going to treat 5cvm as confirmed town all game? What magical powers gave you that one, exactly?

And for the record, while I'm happy to lynch 5cvm regardless of his alignment, I'm growing increasingly sure that he probably is scum here. This pattern, of let's ignore him -- wagon building -- wagon dissipating is what I would expect - as scumbuddies bus him before realizing, hey, we'll actually be able to keep this loon alive.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:07 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

TheButtonmen wrote:
hitogoroshi wrote:I don't back it up because it is really, really obvious. Quite frankly the burden of proof is on you if you want to suggest at all that 5cvm is helpful in any way
No, your the one making unsupported accusations the burden of proof is 100% on you. And if it's "really, really obvious" why he's antitown I don't see why thats so hard to answer.
hitogoroshi wrote:Why is not getting a scum read make him not a safe target for D1? He's the SAFEST target for d1
Lynching people that your not getting scum reads on is a terrible game plan. If thats how you play good luck convincing me of things in the future.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:48 am

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

hitogoroshi wrote: And for the record, while I'm happy to lynch 5cvm regardless of his alignment, I'm growing increasingly sure that he probably is scum here. This pattern, of let's ignore him -- wagon building -- wagon dissipating is what I would expect - as scumbuddies bus him before realizing, hey, we'll actually be able to keep this loon alive.
Who would the scumbuddies be?
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:22 pm

Post by ChiboSempai »

Posting to avoid prod since my 72 hours are up at noon today. I'm on vacation but I'll catch up later today, it just might not be by 12
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
A_Squirrel
A_Squirrel
Townie
A_Squirrel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:04 am

Post by A_Squirrel »

Hito, you've probably already stated this somewhere, but I just want to make sure, given 5cvm's change in posting, you still think he's antitown and want to go for the policy lynch? I mean, there's less "LOLOLOL ______ and ______ are my scumbuddies" and we are getting some comments out of him.
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by Boxman »

Scott Brosius is being prodded.

EDIT: Also, if it weren't for the holidays and needing two replacements, I would definitely be considering a deadline because of the game dragging. I'll try to get some replacements.
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Mini 885 - Mafia in the Village (need 2 replacements)
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by Boxman »

Civil Scum replaces Seregil. Welcome him to the game.
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:24 pm

Post by Aranfan »

Hello Civil. Welcome to the game.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:03 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Hey everybody.
Don't all greet me at once!

Reading through the game now and will probably post some thoughts.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Alright, well glad to be here, thank you atleast to arafan. Through I may end up voting for you before this day is over!

Happy mafia-obstructing Holidays, and test-times!
Problematic in my last game as well. Like a half-populated game..
Oh well, where was I, what am I doing....oh yes! Sorry if it's a bit disjointed, but it was a lot to look at and it's very late.

SCVM

This has got to be the longest I've seen a player remain so intentionally silly and obstructive in a game. In addition to not being in any immediate danger of being lynched. Might turn out to be the focal point for a lot of analysis and much of the early game. In my mind, probably what 'idiot' wants (this might help, only referring to him deragatorily, or maybe never mentioning his name again and ignoring every single thing he says). I remember someone saying they hadn't played a game where policy lynching non-constructive/active players ever was neccessary. I have! We used to call them, rudely I know, "baggage." Usually new people with 4 words to say when pressed, "I am not mafia." The idea is the same. When it comes down to having to make the right decisions, you absolutely cannot have these people in the game. 'There's a reason policy lynching exists,' maybe Hito said this I don't want to go back and find it. But it is absolutely true.

He's not in immediate danger of being lynched, for being scum or on policy, which I find strangest of the entire "episode." I'm leaning towards town for scvm, but not because of anything he's done or said. (I mean, unless I'm missing something, in practice he's basically stuck with xvart and buttonmen since page 1).
humble poirot wrote: We WONT GET INFO from lynching 5cvm. It would be useful ONLY if he was scum. And he is not. I can read that much from his behaviour. He wouldn't be bold enough to pull such a stunt if scum. I'm sure.
Alright, this first part is ignoring the scvm-gorillaz connection, and some of the argument around aranfan. And I think it would reflect on hito as well, and buttonman. In fact, I think this is just a very lousy, very inaccurate statement. Knowing anyone's alignment allows you to go back over the game and look at how people treated/reacted to just about anything. And the second part, hito adressed this already, but this second part is just as unfounded. I somehow doubt that you can really believe this. You can say, 'my read on scvm is town.' But you've stated it unequivocably. 'He isn't scum'!?? At any rate, if u say this while buying into the attack on gorillaz's confidence, well, that would be bad news.

Seems to me that strangeness follows scvm wherever he goes this game.

Initially, I really didn't like hito's attack on scvm. Not that it was bad in and of itself, but before that point, it seemed like he was gliding a little, popping in then and again and making very reasonable sounding posts. But on page 8 he says that he's missed a lot and "been out of this game". At this point, instead of coming up with something, or really trying to catch up with the discussion, he goes with the lynch scvm mission which we have here today.

hito wrote: Why are we not voting 5cvm. To everyone not voting 5cvm: What are you waiting for, exactly?
There are many answers to this question, and they are all obvious.

That said, hito has posted several things that I generally (and specifically) agreed with during my read-through
hito wrote: That is a really really stupid thing to be sure of. Are you stating, right now, that you are going to treat 5cvm as confirmed town all game? What magical powers gave you that one, exactly?
Funny, and spot on.
hito wrote: And for the record, while I'm happy to lynch 5cvm
regardless of his alignment
, I'm growing increasingly sure that he probably is scum here. This pattern, of let's ignore him -- wagon building -- wagon dissipating is what I would expect - as scumbuddies bus him before realizing, hey, we'll actually be able to keep this loon alive.
The bolded phrase always worries me a bit...and I've found a way to explain people's actions around the wagon suggesting that scvm is actually a townie. I mean, look. He's absolutely anti-town being a dueche. And he may not get lynched right now. There's like 4 people pushing for him to be kept alive. THAT doesn't seem odd to anyone else?

I know you've discussed/defended this briefly, saying you'll keep an eye on him, and I can understand you not wanting to go at odds with your main supporter on the policy lynch, but brosius came into the game, said two things, and basically slid right into your pocket (and there he remains). One would think you may have begun questioning this, or protesting in the slightest, between then and now.

The disagreement between you and those defending scvm (and his play! An absolutely inordinate number of players imo!) is interesting. You say the burden of proof is on them, because your position is one of dead-lock pro-town policy. But this situation we have is a little unique. And at this point, I can't say I like your commitment to treating it like a 100% run-of-the-mill policy lynch scenario. And that's where some of the disagreement with you is coming from.

Another problem I've had with your argument hito, whenever someone says 'look, scvm's doing better' or 'if we wait, he might improve, or he'll grow tired of his own shenanigans and might become productive' etc. (button's been in his corner, in that sense, for the longest I believe), you maintain that he is not going to change his habits ever in this game. Neither side of this hope/argument can be substantiated or really argued, but hito consistently sounds as if he
doesn't want
that to happen---for scvm to play differently or contribute useful information. And the question there would be, why?

It would be interesting to go back and see who really has been circulating around the wagon, and/or getting off/back on...that is, after we know his alignment. Before we do, what exactly can be learned from examining these behaviors cannot be known. Again, I can't believe what humble said about scvm's alignment not mattering.

Xvart, gorillaz, buttons... having so many people flatly defending scvm like so many attorneys (and that his lynch didn't happen/is not happening as easily as it could have) makes me lean town for scvm. And I'd have to go over the thread again (when it's not really really late) and see who looks the worse for this. I really didn't like how xvart just left the policy-lynch position. He waffled about it before, but then seemed on board, and then got off again. Almost like seeing he could get away with leaving scvm alive (or following the lead of his partner who had already been doing it).

And there was this I really didn't like, Post 279
xvart wrote: Now on to business: Since my concern about TheButtonmen stalled out several days ago I am going to unvote him and move on to more pressing concerns.
Pretty please correct me if I'm wrong but... your case stalled, no one cared, a BW didn't start, so you decided to go elsewhere?

So, it must have been the concern stalling out in your head?...that's a pretty weak concern to have over 250 posts into the game :/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I realize this is my opinion replacing in, had I been playing the whole time I could better understand some of the aggravation, and I probably would have been calling for scvm's lynch as well. But at this point, I'm leaning town because so many people have refused to vocally and votily remove him as an element of the game. And the scum (probably two of them) have been pro-keeping-scvm-alive. --Side note: do we know the roles? How many scum are there? AND How do you do an ISO view on a player?
xvart wrote: I'm jumping ship on this 5cvm wagon. As I thought more and more about it, my justification is absurd, that being the connection between 5cvm to Evilgorillaz would require that 5cvm is town. Lynching a townie to maybe prove someone is scum? I'm embarrassed I even thought such a thing.
Maybe this was addressed, but it caught my attention. Not scummy perhaps, though certainly some spotty/faulty reasoning. Noted.
chibo wrote: Everything you said there about Scott is perfect, and what I said in the first part of this reply before I read your post. Scott seems to be taking the easy road out and going for the easy 5cvm lynch which seems all too convinient for him, especially with just replacing in.
This basically sums up brosius' play so far. And was absolutely my feeling when I read his first post. It is forgivable to a degree (Damn you scvm). But scott showed little interest in pursuing anything but this incredibly easy road. And I know its a MS "no-no", but rite was flying pretty low there for most of the game. I should say Scott showed little interest
EXCEPT for when he decides that gorrilaz has outside knowledge of alignment, and then he proceeds with that attack.
brosius wrote:
He is defending 5cvm very strongly. His lazy attempt of scumhunting is everyone on the 5cvm wagon.

If 5cvm flips town (and EG as scum knows that 5cvm is not town) he can get town points since he defending 5cvm, and go after people on the wagon. It is the extreme confidence that he has speaking of 5cvm as if he is town that disturbs me. I think he has more information than the rest of us.

This whole post reeks of you KNOWING 5cvm is going to flip town. I don't think a townie would be so confident in this
You didn't get very specific with this. But writing an entire post under the impression of a personal read could create this. Especially when it's a read you already voiced, and defended respectably I thought. Also, you sound like you stumbled upon this just now when this point had already come up and been dealt with to some degree, lending credibility to earlier claims that you have been skimming the thread. Also, if you think that scvm might be scum, your two foci are mutually exclusive, given the evidence you're working with. So do you think there's a good chance for scvm to be scum? Or is he iredeemable? How is he damaging the game right now such that you have to hang him? And is your belief in your case on gorillaz enough to grant scvm more air-time? Or grant him innocence?

I think that scvm's hijinks have led to either easy-wagoning or easy-defending. Interesting, but pretty annoying. And if he is scum, I'm not sure what it will lead to. I just feel like the scum benefit more form keeping him alive if he is a townie than they do if he isn't. Which is generally why I think he's still alive and people are defending him. (For one, any scum defending scvm=scum, is sticking their head str8 out. So far, they get townie-cred either way. A "nearly" useless investigation by a cop- especially if scvm gets lynched later. Continued uncertainty. The list goes on, far outweighing simply keeping one of their number around) Hito's, scum reluctance to vote a buddy in this situation, doesn't fit as easily. Maybe it's just opinion? But I expect to stick to that read unless something drastic happens.

Squirrel has been awfully quiet, and confid needs a replacement obviously. I only noted with him that I generally agreed with confidanon's points about scummy behavior vs. anti-town behavior, which were getting mixed up in the discussion, and I have a good feeling about him. I hardly noticed chibo on my read-through. And I don't know if that's good or bad yet.

And lastly, the single worst thing anyone has posted-award has to go to aranfan. Suddenly voting for a lurker who was being replaced could just be newbie antics, or a newb-tell, but to explain it or write it off as something good for the town (or a favor to the mod wtf), that was just waaaaay off.

So I guess, replacing can be really disorientating haha, but atm I'd be willing to vote for aranfan, hito, brosius (rules out hito in my mind) or one of the people who has defended scvm- especially anyone defending a person who initially called for not lynching him (if someone can make a good case, or if I come up with one after reading again, thinking xvart maybe).

Hito-Aranfan possibly?

Hopefully, if he doesn't get lynched, scvm will succumb to his concience!
There were somethigns that made me think if scvm were town, he should be defending aran and gorillaz, although I can't remember where or what they were now (and this was also dependent on him actually trying to figure things out or win the game as a town player)[/u][/b]
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:19 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Hey Civil Scum, Welcome to the game and thanks for replacing in and hopefully kick starting its activity.

Anyways Arafan is scum and you should vote him.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:04 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Will catch up sorry.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:49 am

Post by Aranfan »

TheButtonmen wrote:Anyways Arafan is scum and you should vote him.
Once again, do you have any arguments for that position?
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Boxman »

Tommy replaces ConfidAnon. Welcome him to the game!

And with that, we have a full game again! :D Get on it!
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:04 am

Post by xvart »

Civil Scum wrote:Hey everybody.
Don't all greet me at once!

Reading through the game now and will probably post some thoughts.
Greetings! Welcome, and happy hunting!
Civil Scum wrote:He's not in immediate danger of being lynched, for being scum or on policy, which I find strangest of the entire "episode." I'm leaning towards town for scvm, but not because of anything he's done or said. (I mean, unless I'm missing something, in practice he's basically stuck with xvart and buttonmen since page 1).
So, just to be clear because I can't get a solid read of your opinion on the situation, you think 5cvm is town but you still think we should lynch him because he is "baggage?" Or that we should not lynch him despite him being "baggage?"
Civil Scum wrote:I really didn't like how xvart just left the policy-lynch position. He waffled about it before, but then seemed on board, and then got off again. Almost like seeing he could get away with leaving scvm alive (or following the lead of his partner who had already been doing it).
I wasn't voting 5cvm as a policy lynch. I was voting for him, at the time, because I thought it would get more information about Evilgorillaz, hence the get rid of anti-town and scum in one stroke. But as I said, after the fact, I realized that I was banking on the fact that I would be lynching a (hopeful) town member to get at a (hopeful) mafia member. I realized there are so many problems with that scenario that I just did not feel justified that my vote on 5cvm was for the right reasons. I feel pretty strongly that Evilgorillaz is scum, and I would much rather lynch him today and see that alignment, especially if it gives more information about the other person in question, 5cvm. I feel my logic in that regard is sound, and I stand by it.
Civil Scum wrote:And there was this I really didn't like, Post 279
xvart wrote: Now on to business: Since my concern about TheButtonmen stalled out several days ago I am going to unvote him and move on to more pressing concerns.
Pretty please correct me if I'm wrong but... your case stalled, no one cared, a BW didn't start, so you decided to go elsewhere?

So, it must have been the concern stalling out in your head?...that's a pretty weak concern to have over 250 posts into the game :/
I see what you are saying; but I again feel justified in my vote switch. My concern over Thebuttonmen has only been that initial line of questioning. He hasn't done anything to reinforce my case on him, and I'm not about to go gangbusters all over him in light of everything else that is going on. It would be distracting. I still have a scummy reading on Thebuttonmen, but it isn't near as strong as my reading on Evilgorillaz. And you're right, I suppose, that the concern stalled out in my head, but I don't see how sticking with the first person I had a strong reading on until either he was lynched or someone else was lynched would be beneficial for anyone.
Civil Scum wrote:--Side note: do we know the roles? How many scum are there? AND How do you do an ISO view on a player?
We don't know the roles. We don't know how many scum there are. You do an ISO by going to the bottom of the page, selecting the name of the person you want to ISO, and clicking submit. That will show you only that person's posts.
Civil Scum wrote:
xvart wrote: I'm jumping ship on this 5cvm wagon. As I thought more and more about it, my justification is absurd, that being the connection between 5cvm to Evilgorillaz would require that 5cvm is town. Lynching a townie to maybe prove someone is scum? I'm embarrassed I even thought such a thing.
Maybe this was addressed, but it caught my attention. Not scummy perhaps, though certainly some spotty/faulty reasoning. Noted.
Are you saying that my original reason for voting was spotty/faulty reasoning or my explanation of my unvote was spotty/faulty? If it is the former, than I wholeheartedly agree, hence my unvote.
Civil Scum wrote:So I guess, replacing can be really disorientating haha, but atm I'd be willing to vote for aranfan, hito, brosius (rules out hito in my mind) or one of the people who has defended scvm- especially anyone defending a person who initially called for not lynching him (if someone can make a good case, or if I come up with one after reading again, thinking xvart maybe).
So basically you are for lynching anyone?

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:04 am

Post by xvart »

EBWOP: Welcome Tommy! Happy hunting.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:24 am

Post by Aranfan »

Hi Tommy.
Tommy
Tommy
Goon
Tommy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by Tommy »

Hi guys. Should have time for a read-through tomorrow evening.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

TheButtonmen 378 wrote: No, your the one making unsupported accusations the burden of proof is 100% on you. And if it's "really, really obvious" why he's antitown I don't see why thats so hard to answer.
Because the answer - he is claiming scum and has been accusing the same people of being his 'scumbuddies' all game - is so blindingly obvious I kind of figured I didn't have to say it. But, hey if you insist. Why is 5cvm anti-town?

Because he is claiming scum and has been accusing the same people of being his 'scumbuddies' all game!

Now it's your turn. If you want to make it sound like whether or not 5cvm is anti-town is an open question, you have to produce at least some evidence that that is a tenable position to hold. Show me anything pro-town 5cvm has done, ever. I wait with baited breath.
Lynching people that your not getting scum reads on is a terrible game plan. If thats how you play good luck convincing me of things in the future.
Do you know what a policy lynch even is? Are you saying every policy lynch ever is a terrible game plan? Because guess what; policy lynch is defined as "a lynch on someone for reasons other than a scum read". I want to policy lynch 5cvm. Why is that a terrible game plan?

Civil that was an ugly ugly wall but after taking the time to drill through it I'm liking your style. You'll forgive me if I miss a specific point - it's easy to lose stuff in your giant pile of a post so you'll have to re-post it at me if you want my opinion on it.

But here are two big points that jump out at me.
Civil 386 wrote: The disagreement between you and those defending scvm (and his play! An absolutely inordinate number of players imo!) is interesting. You say the burden of proof is on them, because your position is one of dead-lock pro-town policy. But this situation we have is a little unique. And at this point, I can't say I like your commitment to treating it like a 100% run-of-the-mill policy lynch scenario. And that's where some of the disagreement with you is coming from.
I don't see what's so unique about it without dropping into the WIFOM pit of "SURELY scum would have bussed such a terrible terrible player by now". Unless I'm missing another point?
Another problem I've had with your argument hito, whenever someone says 'look, scvm's doing better' or 'if we wait, he might improve, or he'll grow tired of his own shenanigans and might become productive' etc. (button's been in his corner, in that sense, for the longest I believe), you maintain that he is not going to change his habits ever in this game. Neither side of this hope/argument can be substantiated or really argued, but hito consistently sounds as if he doesn't want that to happen---for scvm to play differently or contribute useful information. And the question there would be, why?
It's not that I don't
want
it - actually, you sum it up best:
Hopefully, if he doesn't get lynched, scvm will succumb to his concience!
If 5cvm said 'HAI GUIZ, JUST KIDDING LAWLZ. I"M GONNA PLAY NOW' would you simply accept it? Would you just say 'sweet, no read on this player d1, blatantly anti-town - but it's cool!' I gave him multiple chances to 'reveal his plan' if he was some sort of townie, but he's stuck to it too long for any 'reversal' to be legitimate and the simple discrete nature of claiming scum means that he can't drift towards being a townie. Or to put it another way - in what way could 5cvm improve from being claimed scum? ("Hey guys, I'm actually only kinda sure I'm scum...?") The only way is to demand a 'do-over', and to ever grant such a request more or less undermines the game.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:42 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Alright hito, but how is that any different from when someone gets replaced?
Isn't that exactly what you do?
Regardless of if you think the person they were replacing was scummy or not?
Which isn't even the case here, scvm's alignment does come down to a lot of WIFOM.

You've made some good arguments for lynching scvm, but I feel it's all you've been doing now. At the same time, if I'm right and the scum are just fine with keeping him alive, then we should lynch him just for that reason.

Who are you suspicious of, FOR BEING SCUM?

Given the circumstances, yes I would give scvm a chance at that point.
Would you tell scvm's replacement, 'Sorry, appreciate that you are going to try and play, but the person you replaced was being a complete jack ass, so sorry, you got's to go!' ?
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:04 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

The buttonman's fervent opposition to you is greatly over-simplified. But I think I made some points which you basically told me I would need to restate if I wanted you to reply to them.

I'd keep scvm around too if he shows willingness to use his vote realistically. Especially if he's willing to vote for who I want lynched once I think I've got someone.
xvart wrote: Are you saying that my original reason for voting was spotty/faulty reasoning or my explanation of my unvote was spotty/faulty? If it is the former, than I wholeheartedly agree, hence my unvote.
No. I'm saying the "logic" you used was flawed. It's just a matter of how you're looking at it. You said it was lynching a townie (scvm) to confirm the guilt of gorillaz. But you can just as easily look at it as lynching an unknown to learn something about a person's alignment, a someone who is either a 1) non-productive, anti-town townie or 2) scum. So why would you lynch someone else, who atleast is trying to contribute and may be a townie, over scvm? There's problems with your scenario either way.

Aranfan has looked scummy, but I would want to hear more from him before a lynch.

Not the biggest fan of hito but I'll go ahead and do this for now
vote: scott brosius

But yes, there are several people I would be willing to vote for here. But not everyone, that would be ridiculous. Xfart.
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:46 pm

Post by ChiboSempai »

hitogoroshi wrote:
TheButtonmen 378 wrote: No, your the one making unsupported accusations the burden of proof is 100% on you. And if it's "really, really obvious" why he's antitown I don't see why thats so hard to answer.
Because the answer - he is claiming scum and has been accusing the same people of being his 'scumbuddies' all game - is so blindingly obvious I kind of figured I didn't have to say it. But, hey if you insist. Why is 5cvm anti-town?

Because he is claiming scum and has been accusing the same people of being his 'scumbuddies' all game!
Actually, if you think about it - what he's been doing is incredibly anti-scum if you put it that way, not anti-town.

Not saying it's pro town either though lol. It's sort of like neutral/annoying-town and anti-scum.

Vote Count plz?
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:59 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

It's anti-town (or anti-the-game-of-mafia) to claim scum. Definitely, as a rule, anyone doing so should be killed. And I probably would have been pushing for his lynch had I been in the game this whole time.

Even if he were scum, there's no guarantee that he's naming scum buddies. And if you're going with that, you'd have to lynch either xvart or buttons after lynching scvm.

It could be scum-suicide (it's not working very well), or team-suicide. But there's no possible evidence. Although, neither buttons nor xvart are keen on lynching him atm.

It's anti-town becuase it can't be argued and it completely goes against the mechanics and basis of the entire game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”