890: Cults of Darkness and Shadow - Game over!

startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by startransmission »

DeathSauce wrote:Not to start another huge in-game argument, but it seems to me that scum hunting in this game is not a reliable town tell, since we have competing scum factions that are trying to wipe each other out.
Poor Seacore is spinning in his grave. :D
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by Chaco »

startransmission wrote:I'm not trying to be dense here, but I want to make sure this is actually your point.
Isn't it obvious!
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:46 pm

Chaco wrote:
startransmission wrote:I'm not trying to be dense here, but I want to make sure this is actually your point.
Isn't it obvious!
It makes sense.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

startransmission wrote:
Snow_Bunny wrote:Never outguess the mod, nor base your assumptions in the setup if you don't know it. And, btw, I'm not saying anywhere that the Darkness team has a PR. For all I know, SC could be Darkness' last member. The point is not Darkness having a PR or not. The point is SC
knowing
Darkness didn't protect anyone during past night.
So you're saying that because there was only one NK a townie must've protected a Darkness/Shadow/Town... as a scum faction would obviously not prevent their own NK. And SC saying that it must be a town PR that blocked the kill reveals that he knows that Darkness did not protect anyone? And only Darkness could know that? I'm not trying to be dense here, but I want to make sure this is actually your point.
Quite, but not exactly. I don't know for sure why there was only one NK, and that's the point. A townie can't be sure of that. How could he? (Unless, of course, such townie happens to be the guardian that blocked the kill, if it was blocked at all by a townie). Other than that, you get my point straight.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:53 pm

But it seems to me that a townie block is a logical conclusion, and therefore not a slip by SC. Not a logical conclusion as in POE because SC is darkness, but that darkness would have no motivation to protect anybody. This is of course based off what may well be an incorrect assumption, that is each scum faction has only two members. But it is a logical assumption.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:57 pm

Post by Chaco »

startransmission wrote:It makes sense.
Not much, to look at it in that way, he would have to know what he's accusing SC of. Because the natural assumption is a townie block, like you said.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:45 am

Post by Faraday »

DeathSauce wrote:
Faraday wrote:
This is a better reason than the supposed slip, in all honesty. Not that I care *atm* as long as it looks like snow is trying to scum-hunt.
Not to start another huge in-game argument, but it seems to me that scum hunting in this game is not a reliable town tell, since we have competing scum factions that are trying to wipe each other out.
WTF UR WRONG DUDE.

Nah I see what you mean, it's just that I wasn't comfortable w/ her lack of scumhunting earlier. I'm not a big fan of PBPA's, tbh as I think they can make pretty much anyone look scummy, plus some of the things she assigned scum +'s for were slightly nonsensical.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:26 am

Post by dramonic »

I'm surprised Chaco isn't dead yet. and if he flips scum SC sounds like a solid partner.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:03 am

Post by Chaco »

dramonic wrote:I'm surprised Chaco isn't dead yet. and if he flips scum SC sounds like a solid partner.
Why're you surprised I'm not dead yet? In all honesty, I'm surprised more people aren't pissed at you. You've amounted to shit.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:14 am

Post by DeathSauce »

I'm surprised Serial isn't dead yet. Read his iso and watch his attempts to save mipe, it becomes ridiculously clear.

And he still hasn't answered my question about how we are supposed to know ahead of time which cult we are lynching.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:37 am

Post by dramonic »

Chaco wrote:
dramonic wrote:I'm surprised Chaco isn't dead yet. and if he flips scum SC sounds like a solid partner.
Why're you surprised I'm not dead yet? In all honesty, I'm surprised more people aren't pissed at you. You've amounted to shit.
Is the term politically correct tht hard to understand?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:36 am

Post by Chaco »

17 of 22 now...17:5.
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by tracker »

A fifth point flares brilliantly, counting the passing of the day

Incantation Count

startransmission -2(Magua, Snow_Bunny)
Chaco - 2(semioldguy, dramonic)
semioldguy -2(Chaco, startransmission)
SerialClergyman 2(Faraday, Deathsauce)

Discord -1(SerialClergyman)

Not Incanting - 1(DisCode, )

The Ritual will only take 6 incantations to complete 6:00pm Tuesday 22nd of December (site time)

Replacing: Discord

I'm sorry that it's taking so long to replace Discord.

I'm sorry for my inactivity, I've just been overloaded with things to do, should be changing now, as it's pretty much Christmas.

I'm going to ask that everyone try and watch their language, as there is really no reason to swear, and to please try and keep this game fun for all.

7 to incantions are currently required to complete the ritual
[/quote]
Show
-Tracker

Need a replacement in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12810&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]Cults of Darkness and Shadow[/url] replacing Discord, please help

Willing to cross-replace
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by Chaco »

Yeah, sorry guys for my attitude in this recently. It just peeves me when someone acts on a high horse when really they haven't done anything but lurk. I'll tone it down, but seriously, it annoys me. A lot.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by Magua »

@mod: Snow_Bunny is incanting SerialClergyman, not startransmission.

I'm getting happier and happier with my startransmission vote. I encourage people to drop their lesser, weaker bandwagons and join this one instead. Or, at the very least, comment on it. =P

Snow_Bunny's attacks on SerialClergyman are reminding me of the attacks on Seacore d1. There are legitimate reasons for voting SC, but I'm struck by how fixated Snow has gotten on the "town PR" tangent. DeathSauce and Faraday's arguments are much more persuasive to me.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:08 pm

Chaco wrote:Yeah, sorry guys for my attitude in this recently. It just peeves me when someone acts on a high horse when really they haven't done anything but lurk. I'll tone it down, but seriously, it annoys me. A lot.
Word. If Datadannes inactvity weren't bad enough, having a replacement swoop in and be a douche while only parroting and buddying is worse.
Magua wrote:@mod: Snow_Bunny is incanting SerialClergyman, not startransmission.

I'm getting happier and happier with my startransmission vote. I encourage people to drop their lesser, weaker bandwagons and join this one instead. Or, at the very least, comment on it. =P
Here's a comment- fuck you.

Ok, just kidding. Couldn't resist. What about my recent posts makes your vote on me seem more sound? Why are the other bandwagons (and that really only leaves the SC wagon) a lesser wagon?
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by tracker »

Incantation Count

SerialClergyman 3(Faraday, Deathsauce, Snow_Bunny)

startransmission -1(Magua)
Chaco - 2(semioldguy, dramonic)
semioldguy -2(Chaco, startransmission)
Discord -1(SerialClergyman)

Not Incanting - 1(Discord)

The Ritual will only take 6 incantations to complete 6:00pm Tuesday 22nd of December (site time)

Replacing: Discord

sorry for miscount,

7 to incantions are currently required to complete the ritual
[/quote][/quote]
Show
-Tracker

Need a replacement in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12810&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]Cults of Darkness and Shadow[/url] replacing Discord, please help

Willing to cross-replace
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:41 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

I know why DeathSauce is wagoning me, I'm not 100% sure baout Faraday.

I remember making one strong attempt to push off the mipe wagon - it looked to me to be very suspicious that 7/12 people skyrocketed onto the mipe wagon. I thought that perhaps that was an indication that a lot of scum had jumped on an easy target and started to push particularly tough. Then mipe did his ridiculous claim and I switched right back on without a word from anyone else in between.

Some things to remember - there are day talking scum in this game. I wouldn't need to derail the wagon, I could have coached him to do it himself or similar. I also could have coordinated his fake claim so it didn't come directly after I tried to derail his wagon. Were I scum with him and planning with him, the timing of our actions doesn't make sense.

Also - I left my wagon on Seacore in order to go to mipe. I thought I caught something early on Seacore, but I recognised a much better wagon pretty quickly. At the time I left it, the wagons were just about equal. This is not the actions of a sucm partner. If anything, it was more likely I was scum with Seacore and left his wagon to go to the easy lynch. I even started to defend Seacore, specifically against allegations of buddying, which I wrote off as null.

So in short, I attacked mipe early, got off Seacore when it was still a genuine wagon and actually defended him - this is some way distant from the picture painted of me. Not to mention that were I able to daytalk with him as my scum partner, there's no explanation for the clumsy derail/back on wagon business.

Now - onto the game at hand, Chaco, what do you think of startransmission? And vice versa?

Faraday, if I wasn't scum, who is?

startrasmission, why would you say that the Chaco wagon and the semioldguy wagons don't count as 'lesser' wagons when they both ahve two incants each?
I'm old now.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Post by Percy »

Hi all, I'm back from my honeymoon and will resume moderation duties, including finding a replacement for DisCord.

Thanks again to tracker for a great job of taking over while I was away.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:42 am

Post by Faraday »

SerialClergyman wrote: Faraday, if I wasn't scum, who is?
Snow_Bunny, I think. I don't like her earlier play day 1, also I think the push on the "slip" is weird, as I don't see what she's seeing and it confuses me as she's making it bigger than it is.

My case was originally that your vote was horribad. It then looked like a clumsy backpedal as you changed your reasons for voting discord despite not finding him scummy. Also I think the clumsy effort around the mipe wagon is a point against you. You can say 'if we could daytalk' etc but you'd obviously not want to lose your scumpartner day 1 if it could be helped.

What do you think of my point that he'd be unlikely to have sent in a night kill for his team if he was the last person remaining, btw? I think it's quite reasonable to assume it, although I guess he could have managed to get one in but it seems unlikely. Thus I think he's not scum w/ Mipe.

Starktransmission could easily be scum, I guess I should re-read him. he's been just ...there for most of the game for me, nothing really either way.

Chaco looks more town after the recent thing w/ Semioldguy actually.

Hey dramonic thoughts on snow_bunny and magua?
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:05 am

Post by semioldguy »

I have a better feeling toward dramonic as leaning slightly town.

Snow_Bunny's case feels very fabricated to me. The players on SerialClergyman's wagon other than her have better reasons for being there as already mentioned. Snow_Bunny is either fabricating a case or if she actually believes in her own case then she is selective scum hunting aiming at one cult.

I still have a town read on starttransmission from his play on day one.

Chaco feels slightly less scummy to me than he did previously.

Incant: Snow_Bunny
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:28 am

Post by semioldguy »

@Mod

I will be V/LA from the 24th until the 27th
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Heilograph
Heilograph
Goon
Heilograph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:49 am

Post by Heilograph »

Hello all, i shall be replacing DisCord.
I shall read the rest and start posting right after work.
Wondering if they will ever make a mafiascum app for iPhone...

I'm a turtle!!
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by Percy »

Heilograph indeed replaces DisCode.

semi's V/LA noted, thanks.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Bah, how can you miss such a scumslip like that!? What do you want to recognize one? SC saying "Hey guys, I'm Darkness scum, lynch me"?

I am not selective scum hunting as SOG proposes. I am trying to lynch scum.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”