Mini 897 - OpenSource Mafia - Game over!!

MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Iecerint wrote:I've never been scum on this site.

I think you're more likely to get a meta-based defense of SSK than a meta-based attack on SSK. Actually, you've kinda already offered one of those. <_<
I could have sworn you were scum in ILY Mafia.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by Iecerint »

MafiaSSK wrote:Yes I have noticed this trend with Iec.
Pray tell where you noticed this? :roll:

Unvote; Vote: MafiaSSK
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Hmm. OK. I did survive until the end of ILY, and I was big on SSK's D2 lynch, so I could maybe see SSK misremembering that, especially if he didn't check in post-game much. Lemme check.

Vote stays for now.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

1. This is exactly what scum would do.
2.I do not want to be night killed for the reason for this info.
Do you believe that your role is worth more than one caught scum? Answer VERY carefully, and please don't forget that in general, a 12 player game has 3 scum and 9 town, making each scum far more valuable to their team than any townie.

Actually, thinking on it, scratch that question. Obviously you think it is or you aren't certain of your results.

Hmm...I've changed my mind SSK. Don't claim anything. I'm not sure if I'll vote Vaya yet. I'll have to assess both your behaviors throughout the day.
Meh. I guess not. Now that I think about it more.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

I've never been scum on this site.

I think you're more likely to get a meta-based defense of SSK than a meta-based attack on SSK. Actually, you've kinda already offered one of those. <_<
Heh, I suppose I have. But I'm not offering the traditional one at least ^-^. I'm striking into a completely different territory with regards to him than I usually do, honestly. I'm hoping it works because if it does, it will allow me to reassess my playstyle a little and possibly improve beyond just being "that girl who's useless at scumhunting but generally comes off as townie"

A few times. One example would be Time Spiral Mafia. Yes I have noticed this trend with Iec.
Ok, but Iec says he has no scum experience on this site.

Fine. It involved a rapid action in Tar's terms.
You have mostly persuaded me. One last question that you may deign not to answer without me worrying. If you were to place a percentage confidence in your results, what would you put it as?

This would be nice.
I agree. Just try to help me a little as well, ok ^-^?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:57 pm

Hmm. OK. I did survive until the end of ILY, and I was big on SSK's D2 lynch, so I could maybe see SSK misremembering that, especially if he didn't check in post-game much. Lemme check.
@SSK: Is Iec as likely to be Vaya's scumbuddy with this information coming to light?

Meh. I guess not. Now that I think about it more.
Actually, with the information you've provided thus far I don't think you necessarily need to claim much more, if anything at all.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

UncertainKitten wrote:

A few times. One example would be Time Spiral Mafia. Yes I have noticed this trend with Iec.
Ok, but Iec says he has no scum experience on this site.
And yet I misremembered him being scum.

Fine. It involved a rapid action in Tar's terms.
You have mostly persuaded me. One last question that you may deign not to answer without me worrying. If you were to place a percentage confidence in your results, what would you put it as?
99%.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I checked ILY post-game, and Slicey never posted in the post-game. It could that he just never checked back but was pretty (mistakenly) certain of my alignment there.

What's a rapid action? I assume it means that he could use it at any time (e.g. Daycop)?
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

UncertainKitten wrote:

@SSK: Is Iec as likely to be Vaya's scumbuddy with this information coming to light?
I guess not.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Iecerint wrote:I checked ILY post-game, and Slicey never posted in the post-game. It could that he just never checked back but was pretty (mistakenly) certain of my alignment there.

What's a rapid action? I assume it means that he could use it at any time (e.g. Daycop)?
And get an immeadiate result.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by Vaya »

Unvote
Vote: MafiaSSK

With his hesitance to actually claim the details of his role, I'm going to say he's making it up here.

Really, he's basically claiming to be a daycop of some sort, that plenty enough to already paint a big NK target on him. There no point in keeping the exact nature of his role secret in fear of being killed over it.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Iecerint wrote:I checked ILY post-game, and
Slicey
SSK never posted in the post-game. It could that he just never checked back but was pretty (mistakenly) certain of my alignment there.
Fixed. Oops. ^^
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:02 pm

Essentially, yes.

And yet I misremembered him being scum.
Well, that just implies you forgot the details ^-^;

99%.
For the time being,
Unvote, Vote Vaya

Just be aware if Vaya is lynched today and flips town, there's only a 1% chance I'm not going after you ^-^
I checked ILY post-game, and Slicey never posted in the post-game. It could that he just never checked back but was pretty (mistakenly) certain of my alignment there.
Slicey? Or do you mean SSK :P?

Either way, I think that Vaya would be a very informational lynch at this point at the least, and is also likely to net us scum. Thank you, SSK, for your cooperation.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by Iecerint »

At worst, it looks like a 1/1 between SSK and Vaya. I don't see why scum would promote that sort of thing, so I'll venture that Vaya is the more likely scum between the two all things considered. I wouldn't have claimed Daycop-ish D1, but I suppose caughtscum is caughtscum.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:06 pm

With his hesitance to actually claim the details of his role, I'm going to say he's making it up here.

Really, he's basically claiming to be a daycop of some sort, that plenty enough to already paint a big NK target on him. There no point in keeping the exact nature of his role secret in fear of being killed over it.
I'm going to say that this is probably your only option as either alignment. I disagree the exact nature of his role needs to be revealed at this point, as I can think of several things BESIDES daycop that would lead to you being convicted.

In fact...thinking about things further, there are two ways to do this. We lynch Vaya today, and something interesting happens tonight, which leads to a very clear day tomorrow, or we lynch neither Vaya nor SSK, something interesting happens tonight, and we still have a clear day tomorrow.

I think SSK would be insane to be going for a gambit this early in the game, especially on Vaya, who hasn't really provided enough information to read him. I grant, this is not his fault, but still a fact to consider.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

UncertainKitten wrote:
The point of a breadcrumb is that you pretty much won't be able to figure it out on your own. It commits me to my role immediately (well, part of it anyway), and allows me to claim at will without anyone saying "why did Glork wait until this point to claim?"

You're not going to figure it out, and trying to do so publicly amounts to nothing more than rolefishing.
I'm unused to breadcrumbing as a tactic despite knowing of it's existence. I shall drop looking at it.
I thought you were giving us something useful without actually claiming hence why I wanted to decipher it.
Uncertain Kitten, do you believe that Josh is scum? Please note some points for and/or against Josh, and describe how you feel about the current wagon on him.
For the time being, Josh is the most likely candidate to be scum. The backtracking from his random vote because people called him out for it started his slide into scumminess. Especially claiming it was completely random when he actually did have a point that could be taken seriously.

Secondly, when he basically asked some very...anti town questions of snow_bunny regarding her role which would allow the scum to know if they should claim or not (in the sense that it benefits mafia).

I see no reason to change my vote.

As for SB claiming...hmm...at this point we can deduce most of the mechanics of her role. Her full claiming will not provide any more information except that which we can use to deduce if it's a game breaker. So...I support and SB fullclaim.

I feel I have adequetely explained my reasdons for my vote on Glork. I also have explained my reasoning for removing said vote. I seriously don't know what else to say about it that may sway your opinion.

As for my role-related questions to SB, I see now that they weren't exactly pro-town; lessonlearned. I would retract the question, but the damage seems to have been done.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by Iecerint »

UK wrote:I'm going to say that this is probably your only option as either alignment
What does this mean?

Also, I hadn't noticed your sex. Sorry for probably getting it wrong. ^^;
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:11 pm

I feel I have adequetely explained my reasdons for my vote on Glork. I also have explained my reasoning for removing said vote. I seriously don't know what else to say about it that may sway your opinion.

As for my role-related questions to SB, I see now that they weren't exactly pro-town; lessonlearned. I would retract the question, but the damage seems to have been done.
You pretty much have. As I said, what I'm looking for now is a more active scumhunting stance and more committing to opinions of other people's alignments. I grant this is hard on D1 but there's nothing wrong with changing your opinion later, as long as you have a logical flow to what you are doing ^-^.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

MafiaSSK: if Vaya is scum, you are a very, very obvious target tonight already. With this in mind, a fullclaim seems natural. If you aren't prepared to fullclaim, and we lynch Vaya, and Vaya is town, tomorrow I will be voting for your lynch unless you both have a convincing reason to declare Vaya 99% scum (a huge certainty, particularly in a bastard game) AND a convincing reason why a fullclaim today was bad - something more than "to avoid NK".

Having said that, I am willing to vote Vaya based only on the information you have provided so far, after you've registered the above.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:15 pm

What does this mean?

Also, I hadn't noticed your sex. Sorry for probably getting it wrong. ^^;
I don't recall you doing so. I don't think you've referred to me in the third person.

Anyway, what it means is I wasted a post since that was kinda self evident and didn't bear mentioning. But basically I meant that Vaya was pinned and as either town OR scum would have to respond attacking SSK.

I will state this clearly now. There is a possibility that allows for both Vaya and SSK to be town. The more I think about it the more I advocate caution, to be honest. I think the situation can be resolved by D2 without lynching either.

As such,
Unvote, Vote Socio
. I'm not SATISFIED with Josh but I have a feeling he'll improve and I'll give him that chance. Socio has been scummy for aformentioned reasons.

Oh, by the way, mafia, I'd advise not killing SSK tonight unless you'd like to confirm Vaya's alignment for us.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

SSK's claim is kind of odd for D1, but ATM I believe him, following this reasoning:
UncertainKitten wrote:I think SSK would be insane to be going for a gambit this early in the game, especially on Vaya, who hasn't really provided enough information to read him. I grant, this is not his fault, but still a fact to consider.
So right now I'm more inclined to follow SSK, and if Vaya were to flip scum, great. If he were to flip town, SSK would be our obvious lynch target tomorrow.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:17 pm

MafiaSSK: if Vaya is scum, you are a very, very obvious target tonight already. With this in mind, a fullclaim seems natural. If you aren't prepared to fullclaim, and we lynch Vaya, and Vaya is town, tomorrow I will be voting for your lynch unless you both have a convincing reason to declare Vaya 99% scum (a huge certainty, particularly in a bastard game) AND a convincing reason why a fullclaim today was bad - something more than "to avoid NK".
This is a good stance, but I disagree with it.

Here's what I'd like, if at all possible

Vaya and SSK do NOT get lynched today.
SSK, do NOT fullclaim today.
Any protective role that exists, please protect SSK from kills.
I think D2 will be quite fruitful.

Before it's asked, yes, I have official reasons to believe this is the best course of action.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

UncertainKitten wrote:

You pretty much have. As I said, what I'm looking for now is a more active scumhunting stance and more committing to opinions of other people's alignments. I grant this is hard on D1 but there's nothing wrong with changing your opinion later, as long as you have a logical flow to what you are doing ^-^.
Okay, but that will have to wait for Monday evening.

(I also hadn't noticed your gender. You post very male. [This is not a bad thing.])
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:20 pm

Okay, but that will have to wait for Monday evening.

(I also hadn't noticed your gender. You post very male. [This is not a bad thing.])
Nyeh, mafia is a hard context to really be "feminine" in. I don't usually post this way in less...adversarial situations.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

@Kitten: I'm not sure I buy your change of stance on Josh. He made some scummy posts, which make him more likely scum. How does your feeling that his posts will improve make him less likely scum?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”