Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

farside22 wrote:SC post 68 can't say I agree with you here. Maybe it's the female in me but I know I get that if you don't like it then you do it attitude. No I'm not trying to say this in a sexist way but I've felt many times like Kitty has when someone tells me I fail I will go back at them and say well then lets see you do better.
You are not coming off as sexist. In fact, I'm starting to like Nikanor vs. MrSuave better, and I'm considering voting MrSuave.

Zachrulez, am I correct to assume that you meant to FoS Lowell in post #145?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by Nikanor »

The wonder of having friends playing in the same game as you: You know when they're online.
*Looks at MrSuave on MSN.*
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

StrangerCoug wrote:
farside22 wrote:SC post 68 can't say I agree with you here. Maybe it's the female in me but I know I get that if you don't like it then you do it attitude. No I'm not trying to say this in a sexist way but I've felt many times like Kitty has when someone tells me I fail I will go back at them and say well then lets see you do better.
You are not coming off as sexist. In fact, I'm starting to like Nikanor vs. MrSuave better, and I'm considering voting MrSuave.

Zachrulez, am I correct to assume that you meant to FoS Lowell in post #145?
Yeah.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by farside22 »

MrSuave wrote:why do I say this is the norm? because I expect "hostility" from my friend Nik. he hasn't failed me before, at wanting to screw me over, so why should I expect different now? I was lightly trying to provoke him, this is true. but if you look at the werewolf game, I believ it was game C?, I was provoking him and he blatently ignored me. Now, if you look at a end game comment, it gets all wifomy because he states he will never be nice to me again. well, I took his ignoring of my pokes at him as a sign. that's all.
No this is not what you said all on in your original post. You made is sound like he always acts a certain way when town and then acts another with scum.
This just looks like backtracking.

unvote:
vote: MrSuave
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:36 am

Post by Lowell »

unvote, vote MrSuave
. Bandwagon. I'll give zach credit for showing up at least. Suave has an attitude on the rare occasions he does participate.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Ok I've done some rereading
Nikanor wrote:MrSuave, I'm starting to think you're scummy simply because of your overconfidence in the early game. Believe it or not, overconfidence is a scumtell. It's how I always catch KittyMo as scum, hehe.
Anyway,
Unvote. Vote: MrSuave.

You obviously seem to want my vote anyway.
So when you say he's overconfident, you mean that he's too confident in his vote on you?

I don't know if this question was ever answered, but is this kind of play common to town Suave? (The aforementioned overconfidence)

The general idea I'm getting from the back and forth the two of you have is that he's claiming as a qualification to you being town that you must tunnel him, and you have provided evidence to the contrary, (That I haven't actually looked at yet.) that has gone ignored by Suave. Is that an accurate assessment?

I'm not liking Lowell much at this point either, his vote on Suave had weak justification with looks like it's attempting to tack on original thought where there is none.

We also have a lot of people who aren't as active as I would like, and I'd like to see these people get more into the game.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Unvote: KittyMo

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

@Coug-150: What's the reason you view Suave as a more ideal vote? What's inhibiting you from voting now?

Understanding the meta argument a bit more now though, and Nikanor probing this inconsistency definitely drives the argument out the window.

@Nikanor et al: Do you think Suave is scummy for trying to start this meta attack? Despite thinking the argument was poor to begin with, I personally am uncertain on the whole issue of scumminess. However, I don't really feel this was terribly scum opportunism at work at the moment... but I may be wrong here, so I want to see where you all stand.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Hey you, reader of this thread! If you are reading this, you are either very bored right now looking at random Mafia games and should probably be finding other things to do, or you are lurking in this game.

In either event, sitting here and looking at the thread with a stupid look on your face is probably not going to accomplish much. I advise you remedy that situation now. :)

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

yabbaguy wrote:@Coug-150: What's the reason you view Suave as a more ideal vote? What's inhibiting you from voting now?

Understanding the meta argument a bit more now though, and Nikanor probing this inconsistency definitely drives the argument out the window.
I don't like how he's portraying Nikanor, mostly. Nikanor reeks more frustrated townie now than anything else. I
WAS
hanging on to my vote because I wasn't sure whether Nikanor or MrSuave is more worthy of it and needed to think, but now I am sure.

Vote: MrSuave

XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by XScorpion »

Kitty please come back :(
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Continue please, XSCR. You are still lurking.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

(Heh. Weirdly used one of the shorthand player symbols from my notes in a post. That's also how I came up with LoLa.) :lol:

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by XScorpion »

I'll continue when Kitty responds to my accusation
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

EBWO3P:

if you're curious how I abbreviated your name-
Unofficial
votecount (with the player ticker symbols)

Code: Select all

SUAV- (NIKA, FARS, LOWL, COUG)
KITY- (ZACH, XSCR)
ZACH- (JASN)
NIKA- (SUAV)
COUG- (KITY)
LOWL- (BROS)

NONVOTING: LOLA, YABB

and without:

MrSuave 4- (Nikanor, Farside, Lowell, StrangerCoug)
Kitty 2- (Zachrulez, XScorpion)
Zachrulez 1- (jasonT1981)
Nikanor 1- (MrSuave)
StrangerCoug 1- (KittyMo)
Lowell 1- (Scott Brosius)

Nonvoting: Locke Lamora, yabbaguy

Anyways...

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by farside22 »

Kitty may need to replace. She said in the other game I was in she was having connection problems there as well.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:21 pm

Post by MrSuave »

sweet! everyone <3's me! xD
anyway, meta attack or not. if I get past D-1, I'll be keeping my eyes on Nik. but, since I feel it a waste to simply un-vote, and because I am the hot topic, I will keep my vote where it is. I just don't feel safe when Nik is around.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:40 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I'm here. Will post as soon as I can (tonight/tomorrow morning).
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:09 am

Post by Lowell »

When people start talking about "if I get past day 1" when they only have four votes, it rings alarm bells in my head. Methinks 166 is the first of many subtle pity parties from Suave.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:56 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I'm here. Waiting for a response from Nikanor.

Also waiting to see posts from anyone who hasn't posted in this game for a while as well.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:25 am

Post by DTMaster »

This is your mod (god) speaking I have a few announcements.

1. I am back. Rejoice by hailing to your Mod (god).

2. Scott has requested for a replacement. Searching will begin shortly.

3. Kitty's V/LA status is still confirmed by a good post search. Since it has been 8 days I will also begin to search for a replacement for her due to computer problems. Scott's slot will take priority.

4. Jason's V/LA status is still confirmed. But due to his circumstances I will be searching for a back up replacement just in case. Best of luck to you man!

5. @Nikanor: The Poll was open to the public. Looks like 2 people from outside the game voted too :<

Vote Count:

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

XScorpion (0)
Lowell (1) - Scott Brosius
StrangerCoug (1) - KittyMo
MrSuave (4) Nikanor, farside22, Lowell, StrangerCoug
Nikanor (1) - MrSuave,
Locke Lamora(0)
yabbaguy (0)
Scott Brosius (0)
KittyMo (2) - Zachrulez, XScorpion,
Zachrulez (1) - jasonT1981,
farside22 (0)
jasonT1981 (0)

Not Voting (2)
Locke Lamora, yabbaguy,

Deadline 24/12/09
It is in 6 days as of today
. I will consider extending the deadline due to the amount of V/LAs and the holiday season coming up.

MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:24 am

Post by MrSuave »

no, I'm saying "if I get past D-1" now, because tight now I'm the only one with a fair number of votes on them, and the deadline is fast approaching. it still puts my head up to the chopping block don't you think?
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by KittyMo »

MY BATTERY CABLE CAME!! :D

So now it's ketchup time.
Scott Brosius's 101 wrote: Sorry, still here will catch up.
How long does it take to catch up on a 5 page thread? Not much longer than making this post. Where'd ya go, Scott?

------------------------

Kay, in response to XScorpion's case on moi:
XScorpion wrote:
KittyMo wrote:I had no school today, so I was waiting around all day for your game to start.
KittyMo wrote:Well, Zach, I was planning on providing another method of discussion, but I had to leave for dance class soon, and didn't have time to come up with one.
You were waiting around all day...but didn't have enough time? What's up with that?
Didn't start writing the post til he opened the thread. I suppose I could've started writing it earlier, but I don't understand how that makes me scummy to have not done that.
XScorpion wrote:
KittyMo wrote:Obviously, IF no one had random voted, I would have chosen to vote for a different reason.
Surely you didn't actually believe that everyone was going to agree and cancel out the RVS?
If people did continue to RV, I, as I did, would vote the first person to random vote. If no one did RV, I would have chosen to vote for a different reason. Why was this not obvious?
XScorpion wrote:
Farside wrote:Quick question for both. How is it what she did, did not promote discussion?
The only reason it promoted discussion is because people saw her as suspicious for trying to discourage one of the most common ways to begin discussion.
I can see that you find what I did to be stupid and/or anti-town. But do you really think what I did made me more likely to be town? IMO it would be stupid for scum to put themselves in the spotlight at the very beginning of the game. That's exactly what they're trying NOT to do.
XScorpion wrote:
KittyMo wrote:Hmmm. Hard question to answer, since only about half of us are here, but I’d choose Lowell, because I don’t like votes without reasoning on page 1 unless they’re early bandwagoning.
Does this mean my vote for you had reasoning? Also, do you think Lowell's vote is scummier than MrSuave's absence?
1. Your vote for me had more reason than Lowell's did.
2. MrSuave wasn't absent as long as many other players were, so I don't get why you're asking me about him specifically. That said, no, I don't think his "absence" was as scummy as Lowell's vote.
XScorpion wrote:
KittyMo wrote:...which is why I didn't ask things like "What's your favorite power role: cop, doctor, or vig?"...
I am suspicious about someone being the first in the thread to mention power roles, even in this context.
That just sounds like you already convinced yourself I was scummy so you decided to find reasons I'm scummy that aren't even scummy. How, in context, do you think what I said would lead to rolefishing, especially since I didn't continue to push talking about power roles?
XScorpion wrote:
KittyMo wrote:You're asking me to figure out what you should do next for you? o.O
Would you like to explain why you don't want to give any suggestions of what is best for town?
I don't, in general, have a problem with doing that. Just the way he asked me to figure out what to do next felt weird to me at the time.
XScorpion wrote: P.S. Today is the first day I actually read the whole thread. Does anyone want to explain why my insanely anti-town behaviour hasn't warranted a single vote? At most I got a few slaps on the wrists from Yabba and Locke, but really...I mean, if I was anyone else in this game, I would probably be voting myself already out of policy (oh wait, I already did. Lol.) Just pointing out that it seems strange for there to be so much discussion about certain players, yet if I was scum (and wasn't acting like a jackass with my anti-townness) I would breeze through day 1 almost completely unnoticed.
Obviously, because not everyone agrees with policy voting, and because anti-town does not equal scumminess. If this were true, bad players would always be scum, and since the Mod does not always make bad players scum, this is a fallacy. It would make the game of Mafia a lot easier for town if pro-town people weren't anti-town, but that's not the case.

Also, if you're so concerned with scum going under the radar, why did you vote me, the player currently most mentioned, besides, perhaps, MrSuave?

And finally, WHY DIDN'T YOU READ THE ENTIRE THREAD?

-------------

Not really liking this case on me, not liking MrSuave's meta cases on Nikanor, and not liking Scott for the post I mentioned above, though he is getting replaced. Locke needs to lurk less. I'm happy with Jason getting a replacement.

StrangerCoug's not bugging me, so I'm going to
unvote
. As I continue to catch up, I'll find a place for my vote.

Also, my birthday's tomorrow, so I'm not planning on posting then~

Yay Happy Birthday! Have a cake. But unfortunately this person took it. Sworry. :< - DTM

Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:25 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I don't like Lowell's play at all. He's basically said 'vote Zach, vote Zach, vote Zach' and then just joined the Suave bandwagon with the justification that Zach has at least posted. Suave is extensively meta-tunnelling on Nik and now seems to be scrambling about a bit without really trying to offer anything new to the game.
MrSuave wrote:sweet! everyone <3's me! xD
anyway, meta attack or not. if I get past D-1, I'll be keeping my eyes on Nik. but, since I feel it a waste to simply un-vote, and because I am the hot topic, I will keep my vote where it is. I just don't feel safe when Nik is around.
Do you not have anyone else under suspicion? Also, that last line makes it sound like you want to vote Nik simply because you're uneasy about being in games with him.

On the other hand, something about this really rubs me the wrong way:
Nikanor wrote:The wonder of having friends playing in the same game as you: You know when they're online.
*Looks at MrSuave on MSN.*
It's just a little bit too much of 'Look! He's lurking, he's scum!' Feels scummy to me.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:10 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Happy birthday KittyMo!

Return to “Completed Open Games”