Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by Seacore »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 12

BloodCovenent
- 3 - chamber, Cruciare, FishytheFish - (L-9)
chamber
- 1 - Benmage - (L-11)
devotress
- 2 - SerialClergyman, Seacore - (L-10)
drippinggoofball
- 1 - budja - (L-11)
elvis_knits
- 7 - Vi, Xylthixlm, Cobalt, Pomegranate, Faraday, BloodCovenent, Dramonic - (L-5)
Seacore
- 5 - elvis_knits, devotress, TonyMontana, Farside22, StrangerCoug - (L-7)
TonyMontana
- 1 - drippinggoofball - (L-11)

Players not voting: Plum, Vaya

Budja, why Dram and BC but not Cobalt?
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by Budja »

Because Cobalt's vote was just unexplained, Dran/BC's vote were explicitly clueless following.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by Devotress »

Unvote

Vote Dramonic

There are a couple other people guilty of jumping on the EK wagon without understanding it, but I'm most suspicious of Dramonic. I'm feeling like he's active lurking a little bit. Reading his post record, he hasn't really expressed an opinion on anything. When he finally did vote and join the EK wagon, it was essentially a RVS style joke vote about his avatar.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by dramonic »

EK is a her and it's not REALLY a joke. Her avatar really gives me stomach burns.

And it's not like anything I deem particularely incriminating has happened yet. Then again, Im not a great day 1 player :(
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I'd torn between keeping my vote on TonyMontana or switching to Dramonic. I'm going to sleep on this one.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:40 pm

Post by Devotress »

dramonic wrote:EK is a her
I'm going to continue to get that wrong since I think "Elvis" in my head when I'm thinking of her. Sorry EK.

And it's not like anything I deem particularely incriminating has happened yet.
This is more for dramonic than other people but, that really reminds me of something Einlanzers said when I called him out early game. (Einlanzers was a scum in a completed newbie game Dramonic and I played together)
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:41 pm

Post by dramonic »

... Ouch...
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by dramonic »

Devotress, that game had been going for more than 28 hours...
I'm a hoot
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by Seacore »

That doesn't excuse jumping onto an already substantial bandwagon for the kicks of it.

You don't have anything to contribute? Then fine, but stay off that bandwagon if you're town, because you're hiding the scum that are jumping on it.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:46 pm

Post by Seacore »

Oh,

Unvote. Vote Dramonic
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by Cobalt »

unvote vote seacore
hatersgonnahate.gif
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by Seacore »

Just out of curiousity, Cobalt, is that because I look guiltier from my recent actions or because you're hopping off the Elvis bandwagon?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:18 pm

Post by Seacore »

Just out of curiousity, Cobalt, is that because I look guiltier from my recent actions or because you're hopping off the Elvis bandwagon?
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by Cobalt »

cuz you is scum
hatersgonnahate.gif
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by Seacore »

Yes, we all know I"m horrible and scummy.

However, my earlier scumminess didn't stop you from changing your vote to Elvis before.

Now you've changed back. And I'd like to know whether it's because you're scared of the heat that people, like you, are getting for jumping on elvis for little reason, like you did.

Or do you not like how I went after somebody who jumped on Elvis's bandwagon after saying they didn't know why people were doing it, thus revealling myself to be scumier than before? Since that was my only action in between you changing your vote to Elvis and changing your vote back to me, I'd like to know.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:53 pm

Post by Benmage »

Yow, this game is in zoom mode even for me..i'm behind, but keep truckin i'll catch up soon.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:21 pm

Post by Devotress »

dramonic wrote:Devotress, that game had been going for more than 28 hours...
Bringing up einlanzers was just a bit of a joke, but in all fairness this game has had alot of content for such little time. Nothing is striking you as worth commenting on?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:57 pm

Post by Benmage »

BloodCovenent wrote:
Cobalt wrote:Actually...
unvote vote Vi
Blah.... A little late to be bussing?

Expand your vote please?
First, vote is too early to bus? Huh?
Vi wrote:
Seacore 54 wrote:Well there's communication between mod and players... I don't get what your problem is with this?
SpyreX wrote:
Note: Once the order is done you will know your alignment.
However, not until after the draft is finished will you know any partners you may possess.
----

I do not support the immediate massclaim, although Budja's vote concerns me considering Seacore just extended what SClergyman was saying.
Why are you against the mass claim?
Seacore wrote:
Vote: Cobalt
Probably the closest to a scum move. I assume somebody on my bandwagon is scum, I don't think it's Vi or SC. Damning me for discussing another person's claim idea (and extensions there on) is not helpful for town, SC's reaction was better "no, I thought of that for a moment too, and its bad because of this"
It aint Cobalt, but thanks for showing us some obvious partners shall you fall.

Post 83, puts to words what I couldn’t (at 4:30 am)…in regards to Vi’s attack on Sea, and yes I think there is scum on the wagon.
Devotress wrote:
Unvote

Because we moved out of jokie phase really fast.

vote seacore

Okay, I believe he was role fishing now. What serial clergyman said. You're giving scum a list of who to kill for the first few days, remembering that there's up to 4 anti town faction kills every day.
Not even gonna comment on the others acting similarly, or just gonna hop on the easy wagon?
Fishythefish wrote: Unusually, massclaim is much more powerful early in this game than late (as scum won’t know whether or not their fakeclaim has actually been taken – later there will be a supply of fake claims for “vanillas”). If scum don’t know who has what role in their team, immediate massclaim up the list (obviously including attempted draft for vanillas) is going to make life very sticky for obvious scum roles. I’m not sure whether it’s worth it though, particularly with driver/roleblocker/empowerer to screw with us.
I like this.
Cruciare wrote: That said for now I feel like I'm going to have an itch every time I read this thread if don't
Vote: Benmage
Huh?
Vi wrote:The Seacore wagon isn't awesome though.
Lol, ?
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Cobalt wrote:Nice try, Seacore, but that's totally unreasonable.
1) There is zero reason for a town player to choose the framer role.
2) There is zero reason for a scum player to claim framer.

I think one of your partners picked framer, and you wanted to set up town cred for them.
Oh-oh. Cobalt is scum.

vote: Cobalt
Uhoh, poli........cy

BC is vote hoppin crazy.

Caught up to top of page 6.

I'd vote devotress, but i like to hold off until i'm not behind in a game.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:57 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

BloodCovenent wrote:Examples from games that I can remember:

Quick and Dirty - Xyl was scum

Newbie 734 - I was scum in that game - Note, I that was my first game, and i didn't know someone else was going vote right after me.

I'm just saying fishy, it's plausible. I can't find any more examples, I know it happened in an ongoing game on my alt, but the game's not finished, so I don't know. I've seen it a few times, and for the most part there is usually scum in those types of successions. I just couldn't find any more examples off the top of my head.

As for asking Xyl, i was trying to see if he remembered Quick and Dirty. And if any other games he had played in, the same thing occurred.
So, in both of these the second player was scum, and the others weren't. So these are just as good examples of "two votes in a row make the second person scum".
And even if they were good examples, these are only two cases, and you only need one of three people to be scum, which isn't exactly hard. This is bad evidence for using this as a scumtell - and, further, I see absolutely no logical reason why it would be one.

Generally, to use something as a scumtell, you want good reasons why scum would do it. Failing that, I suppose a decent number of good examples might do. You have neither, and so I view it as randomly throwing out suspicions onto other players.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:58 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

BloodCovenent wrote:Examples from games that I can remember:

Quick and Dirty - Xyl was scum

Newbie 734 - I was scum in that game - Note, I that was my first game, and i didn't know someone else was going vote right after me.

I'm just saying fishy, it's plausible. I can't find any more examples, I know it happened in an ongoing game on my alt, but the game's not finished, so I don't know. I've seen it a few times, and for the most part there is usually scum in those types of successions. I just couldn't find any more examples off the top of my head.

As for asking Xyl, i was trying to see if he remembered Quick and Dirty. And if any other games he had played in, the same thing occurred.
So, in both of these the second player was scum, and the others weren't. So these are just as good examples of "two votes in a row make the second person scum".
And even if they were good examples, these are only two cases, and you only need one of three people to be scum, which isn't exactly hard. This is bad evidence for using this as a scumtell - and, further, I see absolutely no logical reason why it would be one.

Generally, to use something as a scumtell, you want good reasons why scum would do it. Failing that, I suppose a decent number of good examples might do. You have neither, and so I view it as randomly throwing out suspicions onto other players.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:00 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Apologies for duplicate post.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:18 am

Post by Faraday »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I'd torn between keeping my vote on TonyMontana or switching to Dramonic. I'm going to sleep on this one.
I thought dramonic was town? :P
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:14 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Hey wtf

Can someone tell me what page this crazy monkey wagon began?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:49 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Oh, crazy monkey wagon just happened last page. That was easy to find.

Reasons seem to include "I don't think she's town" and "I want to be on a wagon."

Most of the people on my wagon have been flippety flopping their vote around multiple times per page. Some of them appear to be scum hunting, although they are all over the place. Dram and BC are the worst of the crazy monkeys. However, cobalt is scum.

unvote; vote cobalt
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:18 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

elvis_knits wrote:cobalt is scum.
Explain.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic