CrueKnight
CrueKnight
Townie
CrueKnight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:12 am

Post by CrueKnight »

wicked wrote:Stop taking me out of context scum.
Oh golly, well looks like cruelty is the scummie then! Oh boy!
cruelty wrote:Conversely, given this gut town read on the most popular wagon, why did you not try to push the CK wagon over the last few days? Why did you go into shutdown mode? Limited time is not an excuse here, it's bad, bad play to apathetically let someone you suspect is town get lynched.
Exactly. The point I tried to make. Maybe... not.... scumtell, but total anti-town.

And wicked, do you actually have any proof that support your suspicions? Or are you going by gut feeling alone?

As for myself, I don't buy gut feelings.
├óÔé¼┬á Crusader Knight ├óÔé¼┬á

http://www.spore.heavengames.com
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:09 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

cruelty wrote:Yeah, wicked you should probably pick a bandwagon now.

Thanks for reminding me. I just noticed something interesting that happened on page 9: 5 votes were all cast for CrueKnight in just 20 posts. This probably means that CK is town. It also means that there are probably scum that wagoned in those 20 posts. I no longer support that bandwagon.

Also, that leaves the bandwagon on kunkstar, which I also dislike, because it all boils down to not contributing which is a TERRIBLE reason to lynch somebody for.

Here are my candidates:

Vote: cruelty
Vote: Furry
Vote: mike

mike is in there because of:

1. VistaSoldier's actions.
2. A little gut.
3. POE

...just in case you were wondering.

Faraday wrote:
Faraday, if malpascp's behavior is scummy enough to vote for him, then why not vote dana or cades?
I've only got one vote.
Why did you choose malpascp then? You are voting him for not contributing, but cades is guiltier when it comes to contributing. I don't understand at all.

CK wrote:I have to disagree with this however. If you have legit information and true evidence that someone who is on the top of your suspect list, you should always pursue it unless the bandwagon also had someone on your list.
First of all, you
were
on my list at the time. So where did this come from? Also, I spent the whole day 1 trying to persuade the town to vote my top suspect as much as everybody else did, but it didn't work. So if I can't do it in two weeks, what's pushing as hard as I can for it in just a few days going to do? I've had seven games to test my ability of persuasion. This game is hardly any different. This is probably the 4th or 5th time I have said this.

CK wrote:2. He seems to be asking too many nonsensical questions that don't go anywhere. He needs to do the digging himself instead of overusing the word "why".
Check out my previous seven games. I play like this in almost all of them. It is my meta, so it doesn't mean I'm necessarily scum if I do it here. Why do I do it? Because the more evidence the better.

CK wrote:There are a few I can pinch at...
Such as? Care to do any scumhunting?

cruelty wrote:You had her high on your list, still not top 4. Why then, despite the presence of a gut read, did you not pursue the possibility that Haylen was town in order to prevent her lynch?
I'll bring that quote back up:
I had a gut read telling me that Haylen was town, but
the evidence pointing to scumHaylen was just too much for me to follow my gut read,
so that's why I had her high up on my list of suspects.
Learn to read.

cruelty wrote:Conversely, given this gut town read on the most popular wagon, why did you not try to push the CK wagon over the last few days? Why did you go into shutdown mode? Limited time is not an excuse here, it's bad, bad play to apathetically let someone you suspect is town get lynched.
I've explained why I don't think I was capable of doing it.

cruelty wrote:1: Wouldn't this be a GOOD thing? 2: You just stated you had a gut town-read on the wagon that eventually rolled to the mislynch.

1: No. Less time to get somebody lynched is bad.

2: Read carefully. My gut was telling me that Haylen was town, but if I had to guess what she'd flip, I would have gambled that she'd flip scum. I had no reason to stop the lynch because :

a.) I doubted I'd be able to.

b.) I felt no reason to anyway, because she was a suspect of mine.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:06 am

Post by danakillsu »

Top three:
CrueKnight
Furry
ummm....Cruelty?
SolemnJ
SolemnJ
Goon
SolemnJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:57 am

Post by SolemnJ »

hm...interesting.

unvote

Now that I look at CK's posts, he seems less like scum, and I favour the Furry wagon over him. But wicked is interesting, too.

The problem with the wicked wagon, I feel, is that wicked seems to have been pretty pro-town.
CK's points against him are bad. The thing about how his questions arent useful for scumhunting, AND the thing about him voting Haylen.

Lemme read some more.
All things are based on perspective.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Kdub »

Furry has been prodded.

Vote Count

CrueKnight (1)
- danakillsu
Furry (0)
-
cruelty (1)
- Wickedestjr
Sir Chris (0)
-
Rhinox (0)
-
Wickedestjr (2)
- Sir Chris, cruelty
kunkstar7 (3)
- Rhinox, Faraday, mikeburnfire
Faraday (0)
-
SolemnJ (1)
- Furry
danakillsu (0)
-
mikeburnfire (0)
-
cades (0)
-
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (4)
- cades, CrueKnight, kunkstar7, SolemnJ

12 players alive, 7 votes needed to lynch.

Deadline is December 19, ~11:00 am MST
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by Furry »

Thought I posted yesterday, sorry about that one.

If I had to give a three list

SolemnJ
Torque replacement (Dana I think)
Malp replacement (krunk?)
Temporary unretired alt
cades
cades
Townie
cades
Townie
Townie

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by cades »

post, just checking in.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by cruelty »

cades wrote:post, just checking in.
ah fuck it, wicked can wait. This chump is useless.

vote: cades
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by cruelty »

Um.
unvote, vote cades
the nexus of the crisis
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:49 pm

Post by Furry »

kunkstar7 wrote:Why do you seem sure of ck Furry?
Because I have a strong town read on him. I trust my town reads much more then my scum reads, and will defend them quite aggressively when I think that they are in any peril.

@cruel - That is not helpful if you want wicked lynched. It is turning into kunk-wicked at an alarming rate, and this actually is detracting from your chosen wagon.

Will spend the next day rereading wicked-malp/kunk, although I think kunk is the better vote at first glance.
Temporary unretired alt
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:57 pm

Post by cruelty »

I have decided (somewhat abruptly) that cades is much, much more detrimental than wicked. Let me quote his entire contribution to the game.
cades wrote:checking in
cades wrote:was Vigilante a townie?
cades wrote:I'm still here, just watching, waiting.
If we're going to lynch for lurking/non-contribution, let's shift the kunk/mal wagon onto this guy.
the nexus of the crisis
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:01 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Furry wrote:
kunkstar7 wrote:Why do you seem sure of ck Furry?
Because I have a strong town read on him. I trust my town reads much more then my scum reads, and will defend them quite aggressively when I think that they are in any peril.

@cruel - That is not helpful if you want wicked lynched. It is turning into kunk-wicked at an alarming rate, and this actually is detracting from your chosen wagon.
quote]

It seems like its going to go this way as we get closer to the deadline. I'm not voting myself, so in the end it comes down to wicked in my mind. I'm going to trust Furry's read on ck here. I don't think that they would be so stupid as to buddy themselves openly like that, but you never know. if wicked flips scum then good, if he flips town, then we can look at wicked's arguments with a better light, he's left plenty of posts. Wicked has been really defensive so far, and I don't like the fact that he does exactly what he accused cruelty of, deflection and quoting out of context.

Unless the cades option gets anywhere, I'm going with my initial read,
Vote: wicked
Welcome to the Network.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:53 am

Post by danakillsu »

Torque replacement (Dana I think)
Because of what Torque said or what I said?
CrueKnight
CrueKnight
Townie
CrueKnight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:22 am

Post by CrueKnight »

cruelty wrote:I have decided (somewhat abruptly) that cades is much, much more detrimental than wicked. Let me quote his entire contribution to the game.
cades wrote:checking in
cades wrote:was Vigilante a townie?
cades wrote:I'm still here, just watching, waiting.
If we're going to lynch for lurking/non-contribution, let's shift the kunk/mal wagon onto this guy.
Rofl! Nice observation. I find it pretty funny. :lol:
Furry wrote:Because I have a strong town read on him. I trust my town reads much more then my scum reads, and will defend them quite aggressively when I think that they are in any peril.
Please define "strong town read". How do you know I'm town?

danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:36 am

Post by danakillsu »

I have decided (somewhat abruptly) that cades is much, much more detrimental than wicked. Let me quote his entire contribution to the game.

cades wrote:
checking in

cades wrote:
was Vigilante a townie?

cades wrote:
I'm still here, just watching, waiting.

cades wrote:
post, just checking in.

well, it's fine with me, but I'm not switching my vote until a couple others agree. I find CrueKnight scummier, but I'm always willing to lynch for non-contribution.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:23 am

Post by Faraday »

Wickedestjr wrote:
Faraday wrote:"]
Faraday, if malpascp's behavior is scummy enough to vote for him, then why not vote dana or cades?
I've only got one vote.
Why did you choose malpascp then? You are voting him for not contributing, but cades is guiltier when it comes to contributing. I don't understand at all.
I was sort of hoping maybe he'd contribute, or that he was working on something. Malpa's had all game to do that.

But erm, yeah.

Unvote Vote Cades.

Contribute and/or die, please.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:46 am

Post by Kdub »

Vote Count

CrueKnight (1)
- danakillsu
Furry (0)
-
cruelty (1)
- Wickedestjr
Sir Chris (0)
-
Rhinox (0)
-
Wickedestjr (2)
- Sir Chris, kunkstar7
kunkstar7 (2)
- Rhinox, mikeburnfire
Faraday (0)
-
SolemnJ (1)
- Furry
danakillsu (0)
-
mikeburnfire (0)
-
cades (2)
- cruelty, Faraday
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (3)
- cades, CrueKnight, SolemnJ

12 players alive, 7 votes needed to lynch.

Deadline is December 19, ~11:00 am MST
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
CrueKnight
CrueKnight
Townie
CrueKnight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by CrueKnight »

Looking through the thread I noticed:
Faraday wrote:Scott Brosius was an odd kill choice btw. Not sure if it makes CrueKnight more likely to be scum, probably slightly does I think. Sure it's WIFOM but meh, doesn't mean it's entirely useless to speculate on.
Why is this? Why does it all point to me all of a sudden because Scott died?
danakillsu wrote:well, it's fine with me, but I'm not switching my vote until a couple others agree. I find CrueKnight scummier, but I'm always willing to lynch for non-contribution.
Well can you give more than that? You've been awfully quiet upon this day.
The only thing you have against me is some idea that I killed Scott.

BTW, your posts in 576-580 are very weird. What is the meaning of this.

Sorry for not mentioning it earlier. I think I was too busy to catch that.

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by Faraday »

CrueKnight wrote:Looking through the thread I noticed:
Faraday wrote:Scott Brosius was an odd kill choice btw. Not sure if it makes CrueKnight more likely to be scum, probably slightly does I think. Sure it's WIFOM but meh, doesn't mean it's entirely useless to speculate on.
Why is this? Why does it all point to me all of a sudden because Scott died?
Scum want to kill people who are suspicious of them, iirc he was voting you @ the end of the day.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Furry »

unvote
vote kunk

I didnt have much of an issue with Kat who cades is replacing. SJ is apparently not getting lynched, and if we low on time. This is really the only lynch that I see as decent and possible at this point, so will take it.

@CK - I have explained my read on you a few times before. I play quite a bit by my town reads, if you dont like it you dont like it, but its not going to be changing.
Temporary unretired alt
SolemnJ
SolemnJ
Goon
SolemnJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by SolemnJ »

cades is lurking in all his mafias...let him get replaced instead.
All things are based on perspective.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:22 pm

Post by cruelty »

Ok this is my stance right now.

mal was scummy through his lack of contribution as well as the spartan content he did produce.

wicked I just find scummy, illogical and full of omgus.

cades has produced no content, is actively (and unashamedly) lurking and is a liability.

I am absolutely willing to lynch any of the three. I will move my vote to any of the three if needed for a lynch, I will hammer.

Having said that, I won't do it yet - I want more discussion because I'm not really liking the apathy from the majority here; we definitely need to hear more from Furry (I don't like you letting cades slide because Katniss was ok with you), we need more from kunk (you're under pressure to prove your innocence here, most suspicion directed your way is a result of mal's poor play), mike, solemnj... hell, basically everyone.

Something that recently jumped out at me is this:
kunk wrote:I'm going to trust Furry's read on ck here.
What is YOUR read?

What if Furry is scum? Why would you trust someone else's read?
dana wrote:well, it's fine with me, but I'm not switching my vote until a couple others agree. I find CrueKnight scummier, but I'm always willing to lynch for non-contribution.
That's fine.. but sounds a little like a breadcrumb for you to point to when you abruptly change wagons.
the nexus of the crisis
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:24 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

I am find with kunk at the moment because the problem I had with the player slot is their attack of me and seeming defense of wicked, but this person has done a complete reversal on that position, leaving me to believe the other person was just a mistaken town member of some kind. So yeah, not getting the case on Kunk atm.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:48 am

Post by Rhinox »

mbf wrote:Alright, time to take charge. If we want to wring somebody up, allow ample time for a claim, then decide whether or not to postpone the lynch we had better hurry. I propose we state our top three candidates. Deadline is Saturday at 11, so in the next 48 hours (by Thursday) I would like everyone to follow suit. We'll take the top two candidates with the most psuedo-votes and split our final votes among them.
If everyone who was not voting would vote, we would be just as well off. I'm generally not a fan of lists such as "top 3 choices". I like my vote on kunk. I'm not sure I have seen anything conclusive in any other direction, but I would support other wagons to ensure there is a lynch over a no-lynch. The only player I feel adamantly against lynching today would be furry.
wicked wrote:So, what made your vote better than malpascp's?
Timing and intent. What does my vote has to do with what I can divine from looking into other players votes on the wagon?
ck wrote:Re-reading through the thread I'd say wicked isn't on top of my list. There are a few I can pinch at... but Wicked is on my suspect list.
I don't like the vague-ness of this statement. Who is on the top of your list? Who are the "few" you referred to?

@cruelty: how is it protown to defer the lynch of a player you think is scum to a player you think is useless? scum should trump useless, imo.
SolemnJ wrote:cades is lurking in all his mafias...let him get replaced instead.
+1

@faraday: do you have any scum reads?
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:17 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

cruelty wrote:
Having said that, I won't do it yet - I want more discussion because I'm not really liking the apathy from the majority here; we definitely need to hear more from Furry (I don't like you letting cades slide because Katniss was ok with you), we need more from kunk (you're under pressure to prove your innocence here, most suspicion directed your way is a result of mal's poor play), mike, solemnj... hell, basically everyone.

Something that recently jumped out at me is this:
kunk wrote:I'm going to trust Furry's read on ck here.
What is YOUR read?

What if Furry is scum? Why would you trust someone else's read?
My read on Crueknight is that he hasn't done much to stand out to me as whoa, not good, with the exception of his "pressure vote" on sJ. If you even take a look at one of Wicked's recent posts, one of ck's big opponents lately:
Wicked wrote:Thanks for reminding me. I just noticed something interesting that happened on page 9: 5 votes were all cast for CrueKnight in just 20 posts. This probably means that CK is town. It also means that there are probably scum that wagoned in those 20 posts. I no longer support that bandwagon.
Wicked also agrees that CK is probably town. But here its kind of suspicious that wicked would have a turn like that, yet his reasoning is logical. I've gotten a pretty pro-town vibe from Furry so far, yea knock it as a "gut feeling" possibly but if a pro-town seeming player defends another player as town, then I'm not going to waste my vote voting against that, when I have suspicions that the other side, namely wicked, is the scum. Why do I think Wicked is scum? For the same reasons you do cruelty, actually your posts against him are what really influenced my opinion on him. And now on top of this the change on his opinion of ck. Yet if wicked flips townie, then I say go against Ck. Wicked has given plenty of argument for that, and I'm sure we can view that argument in a proper light knowing what side he is really on.
Welcome to the Network.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”