Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:26 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Personally I think all this "let's find the scumbuddy today" stuff is a little silly. While generally it is quite useful to let everyone know who you suspect and who you don't, I feel like all we are doing hunting for the scumbuddy today is informing the nightkill.

Gonna wait for peanutman to give the go ahead to end the day though.

But everyone else, seriously consider holding back on your scumhunting until tomorrow. I think it is the right thing to do.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:27 pm

Post by Sanjay »

We probably should wait for PhaerieM's go ahead too, since yesterday we sort of... didn't.
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:40 am

Post by peanutman »

I'm ready for a Gamma lynch. I think I've laid out some of my thoughts, stuff you could all work with tomorrow. Only one guy left. We should do it town.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:38 am

Post by Papa Zito »

I'm waiting for Gamma's flip before I go read things. That said peanut=cop Gamma=scum seems way more plausible than the other way around.
Sanjay wrote:We probably should wait for PhaerieM's go ahead too, since yesterday we sort of... didn't.
Well, if she were around more...
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
PhaerieM
PhaerieM
Goon
PhaerieM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:05 am

Post by PhaerieM »

I guess that's it, then. I just don't see it likely, even if we just went along with Sanjay's suggestion to no-lynch & there had been no discussion about anything at all besides that, that peanut would either a. survive the night, or b. survive without being roleblocked.

I'm reading over gamma's posts in iso (it's funny how he's disappeared now lol), & the only thing I've come up with so far is that he hasn't been afraid to bus Muffin. The only times he mentioned him were negatively (although he didn't put a *ton* of pressure on him like he did for AGM & Peanut), so we need to be aware of that while looking for his other scumbuddy.

Although I hate to let Mordy off the hook,
Unvote: Mordy, Vote: Gammagooey.
This was the shortest day ever. I'm going to use the night period to look over Gamma's posts some more & everyone else's as they relate to Gamma (this is assuming Peanut is telling the truth, which I'm pretty confident he is. Sanjay is right in asking Gamma why in the world he thought that the scum would be worried about a town roleblocker. I've never seen one of those in a game. Again, great job Peanut! I've really liked your play since the pressure has been lessened on you, & I'll be sad to see you go.). I hope everyone will do the same, & then we should have a good bit of info/speculation to get the day started tomorrow.

Oh, there was something Archae said before he died that I wanted to ask you guys about, let me see if I can find it.
PhaerieM
PhaerieM
Goon
PhaerieM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:07 am

Post by PhaerieM »

Papa Zito wrote:I'm waiting for Gamma's flip before I go read things. That said peanut=cop Gamma=scum seems way more plausible than the other way around.
Sanjay wrote:We probably should wait for PhaerieM's go ahead too, since yesterday we sort of... didn't.
Well, if she were around more...
Bite your tongue, sir! I was around plenty at the end of the day yesterday, & had made my feelings known that I didn't want archaebob to be lynched before at least Friday night. And I've been around constantly since today started, kthx. Hmph!
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:35 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Gamma was one of those off the SocioPath wagon, so he was plenty afraid to bus but did a good job acting like he wasn't.
PhaerieM wrote:Hmph!
<3 :D
Kappa
Just Monika
PhaerieM
PhaerieM
Goon
PhaerieM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:07 am

Post by PhaerieM »

Yeah, he did say he would hammer the following day, but I'm guessing he was hoping for the "voice of reason", i.e. archaebob and maybe others, to swoop in and turn everyone away from the lynch so he wouldn't have to. Soo glad that didn't happen.

@ Papa: :oops:
PhaerieM
PhaerieM
Goon
PhaerieM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:15 am

Post by PhaerieM »

I think there might've been another post that struck me as odd, too, but this is the one I wanted to ask everyone about:
archaebob wrote:oh, well ok then.

Sanjay, I thought I was hammered with Mordy's vote. That's why I said that.

And it is entirely ridiculous for you to pretend like you thought I had "given up", or that I would still have "given up" upon realizing that I wasn't actually hammered. If you have no reason to lie, then don't lie. But wait, you still do, because everything you say is still being read by the town, and your survival depends on convincing the town that this was actually what happened.

Out of respect for the integrity of this game, I'm going to discontinue this line of conversation, as it puts Sanjay's win condition at odds with RL stuff, and that isn't fair.
What do you guys think he meant by the "Out of respect for the integrity of this game, I'm going to discontinue this line of conversation, as it puts Sanjay's win condition at odds with RL stuff, and that isn't fair."?? It was really confusing. What RL stuff is he talking about? Integrity of the game? Does anyone have any idea what this was about?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:26 am

Post by Sanjay »

This is my best explanation. I think it's the right one:

I think archaebob is a really swell person and I want to be best buddies with him and archaebob knows this.

archae firmly believed 1) I am scum 2) I as lying about misreading him and 3) I was lying about misreading him only because I wanted him not to be angry at me.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:26 am

Post by Sanjay »

PhaerieM, what do you want to see happen before we end the day?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:46 am

Post by Papa Zito »

PhaerieM wrote:What do you guys think he meant by the "Out of respect for the integrity of this game, I'm going to discontinue this line of conversation, as it puts Sanjay's win condition at odds with RL stuff, and that isn't fair."?? It was really confusing. What RL stuff is he talking about? Integrity of the game? Does anyone have any idea what this was about?
Not a clue what that meant. I remember that niggled something at the time because he implies he knows what Sanjay's win condition is but obviously that's not the case.
Kappa
Just Monika
PhaerieM
PhaerieM
Goon
PhaerieM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:11 am

Post by PhaerieM »

Papa Zito wrote:
PhaerieM wrote:What do you guys think he meant by the "Out of respect for the integrity of this game, I'm going to discontinue this line of conversation, as it puts Sanjay's win condition at odds with RL stuff, and that isn't fair."?? It was really confusing. What RL stuff is he talking about? Integrity of the game? Does anyone have any idea what this was about?
Not a clue what that meant. I remember that niggled something at the time because he implies he knows what Sanjay's win condition is but obviously that's not the case.
Yeah me too, I was thinking "Is he admitting to being scum & saying Sanjay is his buddy?" Obviously that's not true, though...
PhaerieM
PhaerieM
Goon
PhaerieM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:20 am

Post by PhaerieM »

Sanjay wrote:PhaerieM, what do you want to see happen before we end the day?
Didn't I hammer? I thought I was the last vote...

Well, either way, I guess there's not really much to be done before tomorrow? You said we shouldn't really be posting much analysis, so that the scum don't have much to go on (although, I think it's pretty clear they'll be killing peanut & not anyone else, so I don't think us analyzing anything would be detrimental to us insofar as helping the scum determine their nightkill... well, I suppose they could have a roleblocker... who might be Gooey! lol I just thought of that, maybe he was telling the truth about being a roleblocker lolol), so... I dunno, I'm not really sure if there's anything else that needs to be said. I guess we could get people's thoughts on Mordy. Sanjay, did you vote for archaebob with Mordy with the thought that Mordy was town? I'm assuming you did... has your opinion on Mordy changed in light of Archae's flip? I understand if you don't want to answer this today.

Hmm, well the possibility of them having a roleblocker (who isn't Gamma) makes me a bit afraid of getting nightkilled, so if you guys think it's okay for me to do this, I'm going to try to read through the rest of Gamma's posts quickly & let you guys know my thoughts before the lynch scene so that you guys have my opinion before it's too late. Let me know if you think that's a good idea or not, & if so, should I unvote until I've been able to give my opinions?
PhaerieM
PhaerieM
Goon
PhaerieM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:26 am

Post by PhaerieM »

Wait a minute... If Peanut is telling the truth, there *couldn't* be a roleblocker, right? Because they would have killed AGM & roleblocked Peanut... or killed Peanut & roleblocked AGM (more likely). So that means there isn't one, right? As long as Peanut is really the cop...
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:30 am

Post by Benmage »

First and Final
votecount(of the day)….Damnnnn.
MordyS (1) PharieM, foilist13
Gammagooey (5) peanutman, Papa Zito, MordyS, foilist13, PharieM
Peanutman (1) Gammagooey
No Lynch (0)
Not voting (1) cruelty

With all the pieces of the puzzle falling into place the townsfolk wasted little time this day in deciding who should receive mob justice.

Gammagooey
Mafia Goon
as been lynched on Day 3.

***Fast Night Deadline.
Friday Dec 18th Noon EST. (I’m going away for the weekend…this is roughly 48hrs of night…I may even end early if I get everything in)
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:59 am

Post by Benmage »

I am very late!!!! I'm going away this weekend, so I won't be back until Monday the 21st probably.

That said peanutman the
Cop
with the town is dead. (**** will edit everything for a bit more flavor**) But its day, so get crackin.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:56 am

Post by Sanjay »

Sorry, PhaerieM, I missed your hammer vote.

I'm a little relieved that peanutman was killed. While I thought the most likely scenario was that peanutman was the cop, I was a little wary of him just because I was really surprised he got a result.

I'm also a little heartbroken about Gamma. I kind of hoped he was telling the truth about being the roleblocker. Oh well.

Did I vote for archaebob with the thought that MordyS was town?

Technically, yes.

I thought foilist13 was a good scum candidate and when I thought about foilist13 being scum I remembered how much effort archaebob had put into pushing a foilist13-Sanjay scum connection, especially when foilist13 was in trouble. archaebob scum fit in really well into that, especially with the stuff MordyS found. I kind of had in my head that the scum were definitely foilist13 and archaebob, the town was groovin', and there was no way to go wrong.

So in that sense, yes.

I also had a town read on MordyS. Granted, I think I've kind of broadcasted that I am swayed by "too scummy to be scum" shenanigans so I probably can't use them quite as well, but what is up with his ridiculous foilist13 vote day 2. It seemed so townish to me.

I still have a town read on MordyS. Right after archaebob flipped I think I did a lot of questioning in my head of that town read, and for a bit of time night 2 he was high on my suspect list, but I don't know anymore. I think he's town.

Also, I don't think archaebob flipping town really changed how I feel about foilist13.

I'm especially interested in how he was so sure that archaebob was wrongfully lynched he was going to quit all his games to go after the people who wrongfully lynched him.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:58 am

Post by Sanjay »

Vote: foilist13
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:01 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Bah, humbug.
Good luck and merry christmas everybody, see ya when the game's over!
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Papa Zito »

I'd also like to hear from Foilist. He tried really hard to get a wagon on MordyS; the Gamma vote was rather reluctant.

Time to fill in the blanks a bit.
Benmage wrote:
AlmasterGM
(4) MordyS,
Gammagooey
, foilist13,
SpyreX

foilist13 (4) cruelty,
archaebob
, Sanjay,
AlmasterGM

cruelty (1) Papa Zito
archaebob
(1)
peanutman

Note Voting (2)
Muffin
, PhaerieM
Hmm. Not sure how to interpret this.
Kappa
Just Monika
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:10 am

Post by foilist13 »

What was wrong with my gamma vote? I wanted to make sure the town knew where I stood, then executed the right play which was to lynch gammagooey. I still believe that mordy is scum, but part of that case rested on sanjay being scum also. I couldn't believe it when you guys lynched archeabob. He pointed out several clear contradictions that mordy made, and was much more convining than mordy, at least to me.

I knew archaebob had been wrongly lynched because we play together on another sirlte and he told me after mordy hammered
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:22 am

Post by Sanjay »

What part of your MordyS case rested on me being scum?
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:37 am

Post by MordyS »

I reread some people last night after seeing the Gamma flip and I find Peanutman's last-minute case on Cruelty really convincing. Especially the fact that following the obvcop's investigation, Cruelty (and to a lesser extent Sanjay) seemed so resistant to the cop's finding. Especially since Cruelty + Sanjay weren't on the Gammagooey lynch. I could see either as stalling. (Especially since Sanjay's NL strategy could've easily been a 'scum regroup and discuss plans' strategy, and Cruelty just seemed very hesitant to deal with the entire thing at all.)
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Papa Zito »

foilist13 wrote:What was wrong with my gamma vote? I wanted to make sure the town knew where I stood, then executed the right play which was to lynch gammagooey.
Erm. That's not what you said.
foilst13 wrote:I'm willing to lynch gammagooey at the end of the day if it comes down to claims, but right now I need to vote: MordyS
We have a guilty on Gamma, but here you vote MordyS anyway. You could just as easily stated your opinion on MordyS without voting for him. The way I'm reading this is you'd rather we lynched MordyS than Gamma.
foilist13 wrote:I still believe that mordy is scum, but part of that case rested on sanjay being scum also.
So... unless you believe we started with 4 scum, wouldn't part of your case be invalidated?
Kappa
Just Monika

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”