Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

vote Nachomamma8

It's the thing to do.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:44 am

Post by Ectomancer »

unvote, vote Gerhard Krause
for stating that the implications of your actions are the responsibility of others.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:36 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Ah but actually getting off the wagon is not the point of discussion. It is your interpretation of what such an act would mean (in your words, weakness) and then your subsequent placement of blame based upon such a negative view of the act upon another player (Mr. Suave) that is in question.
Now in post 19 you vote me for "denying that getting off an L-3 wagon is a bad idea", by which I suspect you meant a "good" idea, but even there you are conflicted. If you are voting me because getting off the wagon was a good idea and questioning it was deserving of a vote (which is in itself a fallacy, I target your blame game), then why pray tell did you call it a weak move and blame Mr. Suave for it when you did it?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:12 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

@Nacho - I don't know him. This was a good time to test skills and reactions. Debating skill looks average, maybe a little below. Seems nervous with the attention and would like it to go away. A bit early for these types of pleas isn't it?
Gerhard Krause wrote:I think this debate has given some clear ideas of both of our play styles and positions this early, but it has allowed other players to go unnoticed, though that is to be expected this early.
I really dislike people who cry about their "right to an rvs", especially when their "right" to it never was in question in the first place. Nobody asked him to explain his first vote, I asked him to explain his unvote and blame game. If he is trying to say his 2nd vote on me was also random and he shouldn't be pressured to explain that "rvs" vote, then he
really
deserves my vote.

I like Green Crayons first paragraph.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:12 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

raider8169 wrote:Wow, lots of crap considering we are still random voting.

In other words: Hey look at me!
Unvote, Vote 5cvm

He's scum just hiding in plane sight,
FOS
everyone who doesn't see it!
You know what? Yuck.

vote raider8169

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:00 am

Post by Ectomancer »

kikuchiyo wrote:Sorry. I must have missed that. I think we need a better conversation.

Everyone please answer:

1. What is your experience level?
2. Do you prefer scum roles or town roles?
3. Favorite color.
4. How many players in this lineup have you played with before?
I dont think the Raider conversation is so bad. The game starter was /old quickly though.

1. 25-30+ games now I think going on 3 years. It really seems like I've played in more...The Lost Boys took 9 months to complete!
2. There is no doubt that vanilla is my preferred role. I feel the most relaxed.
3: Im definitely on the blue/purple/red end of the spectrum when it comes to colors, though I'd have to say I wear blue primarily. But my curtains are crimson!
4:
raider8169 - Dont think so?
HackerHuck - Yes, reason I signed up for this game.
MrSuave - I think so?
kikuchiyo - Yep
5cvm - I want to say yes
PHANTOM - No?
Nachomamma8 - Yes, shoots in the gut
xvart - yes...I think
Green Crayons - no
Gerhard Krause - no
Unity - no
Budja - yes

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:10 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

raider8169 wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
I don't really see what all the fuss is regarding random votes, nor do I really see it as a phase that "ends".
What do you mean by the second part of that?
Most likely that is doesnt just happen. Some people keep their random votes on people for a long time as they just dont see a reason to take them off. In that sense the phase wouldnt end until the last person removes their votes or announces that it is a real vote.
Nacho asking irrelevant questions and Raider perpetuating. Good vote targets.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:12 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Yes. You should have voted Nacho instead.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:50 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Nachomamma8 wrote:quote]
Nacho asking irrelevant questions and Raider perpetuating. Good vote targets.
Please explain the relevance of kikuchiyo's questions, and I'll explain the relevance of mine.[/quote]

Kiku expressed her dislike of the opening convo and opted to present "the quiz", which is another popular method of beginning a game, and often has inane questions tossed in with semi-serious ones. Personally I thought she did it a bit late, and that there was conversation brewing already around raider, but it was her 3rd post, so in that context it wasn't maybe
so
late. Does it make it any more useful than your comments? Only slightly, but definitely it is in a different context and that does make a difference.

You on the other hand chimed in to delve into Hackerhucks question of whether the rvs has an actual "ending". That is simply trying to fill the thread with conversation that, while mafia based, is really more like mafia philosophy that belongs in an MD thread. It's not a dangerous path. People may have different opinions, but ultimately you aren't going to lynch somebody because they think they rvs ends as soon as <insert condition here>. So you wanting to walk down it tells me you are trying to use it to get activity in that ultimately will cool down the pressure on you by allowing you to talk about non-threatening mafia related items.
Well, I don't mind you cooling down the pressure on you, but I expect you to do it by progressing the game, not by taking a safer sidepath.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

5cvm wrote:
Are you saying that your "role information" statement was some sort of gambit?
Yes, it was a gambit. A gambit inspired by my actual role, though. But you seemed to know this right away, which is odd (especially considering your failure to wow me with any other example of the insight required to see my "gambit.")
Look, when you use phrases like "heavily indicating" and 80-90%, one of the
first
thoughts that come to mind is that you are bullshitting.
On the second point, it was definitely a false dilemma.

(yay for Kiku buddying)

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

I happen to like Kiku.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #11) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:46 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
I happen to like Kiku.
And you don't like anyone else? Why can't we
ALL
be friends?
You gutshot me :evil:

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #12) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:59 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

MrSuave wrote:
vote: nachomamma8
because in regular hyrule, I don't eat octorocks!
Random?
MrSuave wrote:well, I wasn't really counting the votes to be honest. I just didn't think your pic made sense =p. but at this point in time, I still don't think it was bad, more of just random. and L-3 isn't dangerous at this point in the game IMO because, the odds of all the scum/anit-town rolls(assuming there are 3 all together) voting you in quick succession are very low. especially since that would generate a lot of suspicion. that's why, if I WAS counting the votes, I still would have made you my RV. if by chance you had gone to L-2/1 I would have gotten off, and stated that there was something up.

a little off topic, but since when could you eat octorocks? O_o
Doing the "pro-town" job of sitting on a good wagon with the old "I would hop off if it got too hot" opt out option
MrSuave wrote:man, the situation hasn't changed for Mr.notmymama... but I may I ask for a vote count? if mama is at L-1 then I'd like to know. I don't want the day to be only 4 pages, you know?
But doesn't...and gosh gee don't we want a short day? Can I appeal to (mod) authority so I look like I have no idea of exactly what my actions mean?

unvote, vote MrSuave

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #13) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:03 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Posting will be limited for a bit.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #14) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

I have pneumonia. It sucks (and wheezes)

Hackerhuck I took it to be crap beginning of game antics. Personally I mostly ignored it, especially from the hints at 5cvm reputation of (annoying? bad?) play. Here's my latest at being stung with similiar crap.

viewtopic.php?t=12330&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Adel and Korts were supposed to get back to me a review on that game because I asked them to read it over. Looking it over, I don't see where I would have done things differently, except maybe places where I had a coin flip it might have gone the other way.

I'm torn between doing things the way I did there (ie if it looks scummy, lynch it), despite the way it turned out, because the logic is good; and figuring out some method of figuring out who is scum and who is just being stupid. I dont want to lose because Im too willing to lynch stupid.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #15) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:05 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I really dont get how it could be anymore summarized...
Ectomancer wrote:
MrSuave wrote:
vote: nachomamma8
because in regular hyrule, I don't eat octorocks!
Random?
MrSuave wrote:well, I wasn't really counting the votes to be honest. I just didn't think your pic made sense =p. but at this point in time, I still don't think it was bad, more of just random. and L-3 isn't dangerous at this point in the game IMO because, the odds of all the scum/anit-town rolls(assuming there are 3 all together) voting you in quick succession are very low. especially since that would generate a lot of suspicion. that's why, if I WAS counting the votes, I still would have made you my RV. if by chance you had gone to L-2/1 I would have gotten off, and stated that there was something up.

a little off topic, but since when could you eat octorocks? O_o
Doing the "pro-town" job of sitting on a good wagon with the old "I would hop off if it got too hot" opt out option
MrSuave wrote:man, the situation hasn't changed for Mr.notmymama... but I may I ask for a vote count? if mama is at L-1 then I'd like to know. I don't want the day to be only 4 pages, you know?
But doesn't...and gosh gee don't we want a short day? Can I appeal to (mod) authority so I look like I have no idea of exactly what my actions mean?

unvote, vote MrSuave

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #16) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

HackerHuck wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Mr Suave

Just because we're discussing 5cvm at the moment doesn't mean you get to lurk, Suave.
Not a good reason to be voting for either MrSuave or for 5cvm.

do you think that MrSuave is really scummy for lurking or are you just trying to derail the wagon on 5cvm?
I like my little post against MrSuave, but I must confess a weak stomach when I pose myself the question of whether it is enough to lynch. I would say that his current lurking is allowing much of the heat to be turned upon 5cvm (so much that I was reconsidering my stance on 5cvm which was to let him live a day and give myself time to get my own impression)
That right there bothers me though. I think that self-preservation may justify the action whether town or scum, but I don't think he should be allowed to do it. I approve of the added vote.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #17) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:40 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I'm not getting over this, coughing up blood this morning so I'm headed back to the doctor.

request replacement

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”