Deadline Lynching?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

How many votes should be required for a lynch at deadline?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:10 am

A regular majority
29%
Half of a regular majority
71%

Total votes: 17

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:53 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I'm liking Dragon Slayer's (or is it Polotet's?) half-the-cast-votes plurality voting for deadlines. Avoids punishing active players for people who have completely flaked out of the game, but maintains a little bit of the initial requirement for consensus.

I think the best way to explain it is this: Say there's 19 players alive. 10 would be required for a normal lynch. If a deadline is put in place, then at deadline someone will be lynched if they have half the normal required votes (5, in this case) *AND* at least half of the votes that have been cast, total. So if 15 of your players vote, but the leading candidate only gets 7 of them and the other 8 are spread out amongst the crowd, No Lynch. 7 or more on one person? Lynched. 8 votes total, and only 4 are for one person? No Lynch. Make sense?

Of course, with my scum-are-the-town games (like Res. Dogs), I'm using no-majority=no-lynch for thematic reasons. :twisted:
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:43 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I don't know if it's because of the summer or what, but I'm having a devil's own time getting good discussion going in any of the games I've been in lately, outside of Road to Rome. Are people just too busy to play, disinterested in the theme, or am I expecting too much (i.e that people will post once a week)?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:33 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Hopefully the slowness of games will be alleviated *somewhat* when we make the jump to a new hosting service (see the Global Announcement by mith), but there has to be something else going on... I've had to stop myself several times from throwing in the towel on all my games from the frustration, and I *like* this game. What does that say for the people who are new to the site?!? :evil:

Return to “Mafia Discussion”