pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:01 pm

Post by pwnz »

I have no particular problem with people asserting that I might be scum, but it makes it rather difficult for me to defend myself when I am not given a reason. *hic
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:28 pm

Post by Cobalt »

pwnz wrote:I have no particular problem with people asserting that I might be scum, but it makes it rather difficult for me to defend myself when I am not given a reason. *hic
how about the fact that your contribution is virtually nil?
hatersgonnahate.gif
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:32 pm

Post by Benmage »

Cobalt wrote:scum is in amished/nacho/ben/jazz, dunno about pwnz.
Wow, way to name everyone but vpb.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:33 pm

Post by Benmage »

Oh and Pork :P
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Cobalt wrote:
pwnz wrote:I have no particular problem with people asserting that I might be scum, but it makes it rather difficult for me to defend myself when I am not given a reason. *hic
how about the fact that your contribution is virtually nil?
^This +100. Explain how we're supposed to think you're town when you say nothing all game and aren't scumhunting in the slightest?
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:52 am

Post by pwnz »

Sotty's death N1 didn't make any sort of sense to me at all, like most of you. But instead of believing that she bread crumbed somewhere along the way which lead to a discovery of sorts, instead I believe that whoever was responsible for the NK chose specifically to avoid killing our confirmed doc for the reason that he or she is not currently being targeted by Cobalt, and thus; could benefit from the use of his healing powers in a pinch. *hic
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

who is scum and why pwnz?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:35 am

Post by Benmage »

Go get em VP! (note to self, mock vpb early to awake the dragon)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:56 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Benmage wrote:Go get em VP! (note to self, mock vpb early to awake the dragon)
lol. I WAS PREPARING FOR V/LA YOU BASTARDS!
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:50 am

Post by Amished »

Not much time here:

@VP: if you give a reason why you say you're not scum, it doesn't really matter if there was an attack or not, you're defending yourself.

@everyone: sorry for my contribution this past week, my Grandma died last sunday night; and work has been picking up. Bowling tonight even =\

@Cobalt: looks like you need to get a better read on the game.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:

Jazzmyn (L-4) ~ Amished

Not Voting:
Benmage, Cobalt, Jazzmyn, Nachomamma8, PorkchopExpress, pwnz, VP Baltar
[size=0]Ami 0 | Benmage 0 | Cobalt 0 | Jazz 0 | Nacho 1 | PExpress 2 | pwnz 0 | VPB 0[/size]
--With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
--Deadline is Saturday, January 2 2010.
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by PorkchopExpress »

Sorry about the belated responses, but a builder is renovating my room and my 'puter has to be all unplugged sometimes. Frustrating? Well, you don't have to live with it. Anyhoo...

I would like Amished to answer Sotty’s question from yesterday. I’m getting some suspicious sensations from the way he kept sidestepping her request for details and don’t think the issue should be dropped just because she isn’t around anymore.

Pwnz has done nothing to garner a positive read. He contributed nothing to the Ecto wagon, despite having his vote there for longer than anyone. His current tact of saying there aren’t defences against baseless attacks pretty much highlights what is wrong with his play. Waiting around to defend himself is not helpful to the town at all. Of all the lurkers we have/had, I’d label him as scummiest and he wouldn’t be a waste of a shot or a lynch.

Similarly, D3x is hard to account for, but given that he’s been replaced I think that his drop in activity is indicative of nothing. His early play surrounding the Ecto/Nacho thing just might contain trace elements of distancing (Iso 8). His tentative suspicion of Ecto subsequent to the Vi shooting was built on a pretty flimsy non-issue that left him in a position where he didn’t really give a read of Ecto, one way or the other which leaves me mildly suspicious of the slot but there isn’t much to go off here. I’d need to see more from Jazz (but I enjoy the colour).

Nm8 remains a ringer for me. Considering how Ecto had one foot in the grave, I’m still of the opinion that it would have benefitted his partners to put him out of everyone’s misery. Especially as he was copping flak for dropping off the radar. This goes doubly so if scum aren’t necessarily lethal shots.

@nm8: What about d3x/Jazz enables you to buy scum despite your town read?

@Jazz: Expand on Amished suspicions, please.

@Ben: I believe it has been some time since we’ve heard who you suspect. Reads, please.

@Amished: Is your case against Jazz/d3x the same as yesterday?

@pwnz: What do you make of nm8's shot of Ecto? Or the dj lynch?
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

@nm8: What about d3x/Jazz enables you to buy scum despite your town read?
I said I'd buy scum
in that group
, not anything more than that.
Considering how Ecto had one foot in the grave, I’m still of the opinion that it would have benefitted his partners to put him out of everyone’s misery.
I shot Ecto because he dared me to, which is something I tend to do as scum much more often than I do as town, so I figured it was a pretty safe bet. Also, deadline was coming up, and I wanted to get in a lynch on top of that shot. That's the reasoning that I had, but you can believe what you want; neither side can prove either way, so arguing about it will get us nowhere.
Especially as he was copping flak for dropping off the radar.
Now now, I don't think that's fair. Our mod had dropped off the face of the planet at that point, and you weren't painfully active yourself, so I don't think you should bring up my activity as a point against me.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by Benmage »

PorkchopExpress wrote: @Ben: I believe it has been some time since we’ve heard who you suspect. Reads, please.
Read what?
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:17 pm

I'm not entirely sure who you think is scum at the moment. Your reads (of players)
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:19 pm

Post by Benmage »

Ohh, i missed the 's'....i think d3x spot was bad, so jazz starts out with a negative outlook...i don't like pwnz coaster play, nor am i a fan of nacho...those 3 are my top suspects...no ones clear town this game for me.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:57 am

Post by Cobalt »

helloooooo
hatersgonnahate.gif
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Porkchop!I love your post 886. I knew you could do it. Welcome back.
nacho wrote:I shot Ecto because he dared me to, which is something I tend to do as scum much more often than I do as town, so I figured it was a pretty safe bet.
Link me some instances where you as scum dared people to kill you.
nacho wrote:Our mod had dropped off the face of the planet at that point, and you weren't painfully active yourself, so I don't think you should bring up my activity as a point against me.
What do either of those things have to do with you "catching flak" for lurking, which is what Porkchop was saying?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Also, Cobalt, if you had to guess, why do you think the scum would kill Sotty over you since you're confirmed town?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Cobalt »

VP Baltar wrote:Also, Cobalt, if you had to guess, why do you think the scum would kill Sotty over you since you're confirmed town?
Because I'm scummy enough to force a mislynch on, putting aside my doc-ness by arguing that with this many killing roles mafia could justifiably have a doc.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Amished »

@nm8: If you don't agree with my votes, do you at least agree in principle (obviously not the explanation (yet, see the rest of this post)) with the vote on Jazz?

@Porkchop: My "case" against Jazz/d3x is not entirely the same as yesterday. If it were, I would've opened up voting for that slot. However, I have a pretty reliable tell that Jazz did in her first post that, combined with my thoughts on d3x, make her the best place to put my vote on right now.

With regards to Jazzmyn: You all know my thoughts on d3x; his style of writing and stance towards other players looked scummy for reasons I've already outlined. But Jazzmyn triggered a tell of mine that I don't think very many people really know about.

First, I want to ask you all a question: When you replace in and see that you have a town (pr or vanilla, doesn't matter) role in a game, what's your first priority? To try to find scum, right? That's the main point of being town, to find scum. However, if you had a scum PM, your first instinct is self-preservation, and how you appear to the rest of the town because ultimately you have to blend in to fulfill your win condition.

This leads to a subtle, but very distinct difference. As scum, you look over your predicessor to try to find a way to defend yourself if you're in hot water, but if you're town you immediately try to find scum.

In Jazz's very first line, she mentions her predicessors activity. There are a multitude of reasons for being replaced: have too many games and this was the last one joined, you're quitting MS, don't have time for any games due to a change in location, whatever. But Jazz mentioned that it was because of low activity. The only way to really know that is to look at d3x's posts. To make that your initial priority SCREAMS scum, as there really isn't a motivation to do that as town due to a very simple fact: you know your playerslot is town. You understand that their reads could be right or wrong, just as each of us are right and wrong on different topics. But you *know* that it was all done in good faith with the best of intentions. You don't have to cover up for anything as everything your playerslot has done is ultimately pro-town.

So, who (the metaphorical) you look at *first* speaks volumes about your alignment. I've only thought about it as scum (and have done it); Scien, ABR and a couple other people I've seen do it only as scum. There are hundreds of town replacements, and I've yet to see a single one really make an effort to try to defend themselves before they've started to come under attack. Yes, if somebody else brings up a topic of a predicessor, then they'll answer for it, but if you try to make excuses for yourself (in terms of being scummy previously rather than activity later on) then you're scum.

I'm very willing to shoot Jazzmyn right here and right now based purely on that. My initial read on d3x is just icing on the cake.

This was a pretty long post, and I have shit to do. I want this out there right here and now, and I don't want to distract from the message of this post. PCE, this means I'll defend myself from a scum case against me that a townie agreed with :roll: tomorrow night, boy scout's honor.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by Cobalt »

I find Amished's case compelling based on my own experience of replacing in as scum and town.
unvote vote jazz
hatersgonnahate.gif
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:45 pm

@Amished: You wouldn't be able to link us to an example would you?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:

Jazzmyn (L-3) ~ Amished, Cobalt

Not Voting:
Benmage,
Cobalt,
Jazzmyn, Nachomamma8, PorkchopExpress, pwnz, VP Baltar
[size=0]Ami 0 | Benmage 0 | Cobalt 0 | Jazz 1 | Nacho 0 | PExpress 0 | pwnz 1 | VPB 0[/size]
--With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
--Deadline is Saturday, January 2 2010.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”